Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue (10389 Views)

Oshiomhole Remains Suspended - Oshawo Stephen, Ward Chairman Insists / Akemokue Lukman Funny Resignation Letter From An APC Ward Chairman In Edo / Ephraim Ebebe, PDP Ward Chairman In Akwa Ibom Attacked With Acid By Masked Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by neolboy(m): 7:48am On Apr 25, 2023
Makurdi — Benue State chapter of Labour Party, LP, has confirmed the murder of its chairman, Mr. Nathaniel Ochoche, in an ambush by suspected armed herdsmen in Ankpali village, Edikwu District of Apa Local Government Area of the state.

Ochoche was said to be among the four mourners, who were killed, the weekend, in an ambush that left many injured and several others still missing.

LP in a statement in Makurdi by its state Publicity Secretary, Mr. Tersoo Orbunde, said the deceased was the Edikwu Ward 2 Chairman of the party in Apa LGA.
The statement read: “It is with rude shock that the Benue State Secretariat of the Labour Party received the news of the murder of its Chairman in Edikwu Ward 2 in Apa council, Nathaniel Ochoche, who was ambushed and killed by armed Fulani militia.

“Until his death, Ochoche was a consummate party man, who worked assiduously hard for the growth of his community, constituency and country both in words and works.

“The Benue State Executive Committee of the Labour Party sends it deepest condolence to the wife, children and the entire family members of the deceased over this terrible and unfortunate incident.

“As a party, with people centred programme, we condemn in its totality the continuous callous acts of armed Fulani militia. We, therefore, call on the federal and state governments, and all relevant authorities and stakeholders to rise up to the occasion of protecting the lives and properties of the people and stop the unwarranted killings by suspected criminal Fulani herdsmen.

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/04/suspected-herders-murder-labour-partys-ward-chairman-in-benue/

1 Like

Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by greatiyk4u(m): 7:49am On Apr 25, 2023
Hmmmmm

I hope the Rev Fr is not coming to pray Holy Rosary and Hail Maria because the fight here is planned and backed up by the powers that be ame perpetrated through hungry and greedy Tiv leaders who can sell their people for a pot of porridge

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by helinues: 7:50am On Apr 25, 2023
Father Alia got a lot to do in Benue state.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by neolboy(m): 7:50am On Apr 25, 2023
Benue people don too suffer for herdsmen hand. Chaiii.

I hope that Their elected Rev Father will do something about it

24 Likes

Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by robinso01(m): 7:50am On Apr 25, 2023
May God delivers Benue people from herders, dem too suffer from their hands.

I just pray this insecurities of a thing comes to end soon

11 Likes

Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by ChatterHouse: 7:51am On Apr 25, 2023
Benue people has suffer so much o

I pray the find relief in time

This is genocide that's been carried on by Islamist
In the guise of herdsmen

I have finish my prayers for Benue, all man for himself

Protect yourself, I don't even go outside without some form of protection. If you do anyhow I give like tatatata

Sell your crops and buy some form of protection even if is pepper spray

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by Ever8090: 7:55am On Apr 25, 2023
Unless d day Benue people will decide to rise up and fight this headers and chase them out of their land this nonsense won't stop I bet you...

21 Likes

Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by goodnessme1(f): 8:19am On Apr 25, 2023
You sure they are not Yoruba Muslim apc members?

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by Tochj(m): 8:41am On Apr 25, 2023
More reason we must continue to support ESN.
That's the only way to free ourselves from Fulani conquest.
Any Non fulanis that depended on the Government for protection will die like chicken.

9 Likes

Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by DMerciful(m): 8:51am On Apr 25, 2023
Is he the commander in chief?
neolboy:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by christejames(m): 9:03am On Apr 25, 2023
APC is evil...

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by tungamaje: 10:00am On Apr 25, 2023
neolboy:

What would a Reverend father do to stop the killings if not to tell his people to fast and pray? Nigerian politics is not meant for pastors
Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by atobs4real(m): 10:26am On Apr 25, 2023
The country is not safe. RIP to the dead. so sad

4 Likes

Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by BOLATINUBU01: 10:27am On Apr 25, 2023
goodnessme1:
get sense

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by atobs4real(m): 10:27am On Apr 25, 2023
The country is not safe. RIP to the dead. so sad
ELUPEE sorry for the great loss
Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by GeneralPula: 10:27am On Apr 25, 2023
Eyah..
Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by BOLATINUBU01: 10:27am On Apr 25, 2023
Where are the benue warriors na

9 Likes

Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by SultanOfAbia: 10:27am On Apr 25, 2023
E be like say Sudan better pass Benue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by Ara21(f): 10:27am On Apr 25, 2023
helinues:
Father Alia got a lot to do in Benue state.

I just hope he is finally able to help them.
Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by GeneralPula: 10:27am On Apr 25, 2023
goodnessme1:
Seun
Myndd44

This moniker has been too unfortunate. He’s been spamming every thread with their usual concocted gibberish..

He’s an enemy of peace!

3 Likes

Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by treesun: 10:28am On Apr 25, 2023
Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by Orathird: 10:28am On Apr 25, 2023
Ok
Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 25, 2023
God knows the amount of blood on the Nigerian government's hands, especially the lives lost to Herders and farmers/land owner clashes in Benue & Southern Kaduna...

The Buhari administration failed woefully in that area. So many lives were lost as a result of partial treatment. The government's solution was Ruga, which meant that states had to provide lands for herdsmen, instead of promoting small scale ranching through individual land acquisition, the way it's done in every modern society... They were talking about a 1950s gazette. 😒

Honestly, there is blood on the hands of the current administration. So much blood. Only God can forgive the current administration.
Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by CSTRR: 10:29am On Apr 25, 2023
These hopeless fulani invalids are killing off the food basket of Nigeria.

One benue farming villager is more important to Nigeria than a 1000 fulani herdsmen.

1 Like

Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by Jerryherd: 10:29am On Apr 25, 2023
Buhari and Ortom did Benue people shege

1 Like

Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by stano2(m): 10:29am On Apr 25, 2023
This country sha.
It’s easy to hide beyond your keyboard and ask them to fight back.

If the villagers should get arms now to protect themselves, the Army will move swiftly the next morning to disarm them and leave them at the mercy of the herdsmen killing them.

Do y’all think the towns affected haven’t tried to defend themselves? God help them.
This country is fvcked up

1 Like

Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by Creamypie(m): 10:29am On Apr 25, 2023
Benue is the new hot bed of terrorism
Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by Franchise21(m): 10:30am On Apr 25, 2023
May God help this country as our leaders have failed us
Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 25, 2023
Evil Party. Blood-letting Party. The evil deeds of ESN and IPOB have permeated the normally peaceful Labour Party. Now, there's no going back to the path of right doing. Death to all enemies of Nigeria, who once called our dear Fatherland Zoo, but have now self-imposed patriotism on their heads when reasonable people can see that their claim to genuine patriotism does not "reach their stomachs". Foolish fools, all!
Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by emmanuelbrown26: 10:30am On Apr 25, 2023
I don't even know what to type again.
Why always Benue?
Why is it that d killing started immediately after election?
What's Benue offense?
Does it mean that Benue people are cowards to stand and fight for themselves?
I hv a lot of questions regards to dis Benue killings.
Now that u guys hv Pablo and Osama I charge of d affairs of d kantri, what should u guys expect?
I think Benue and MB states gave themselves to Fulani, that's why they were operate freely.
If u look down in d east, Fulani can only penetrate only in a state that has border with North. How often do u hear Fulani attacking people in Abia, Imo and Anambra. They only operate in Ebonyi that has border with North and Enugu that has border with North.
Why Fulani no dey penetrate Edo, Delta, rivers, bayelsa, Akwa Ibom or even cross rivers.
D earlier MB wake up d better and more safety for them. Nobody has monopoly for violence.
All of us dey crazy just that some no dey too expose their madness.
The very day MB states shall stand up as one that will be d end of all dis madness from Fulani.
Re: Suspected Herders Murder Nathaniel Ochoche, LP Ward Chairman In Benue by Assassink: 10:30am On Apr 25, 2023
Why are the people of Benue state silent about this?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide / The Prof Sagay Many Igbos Didn't Know. / See Pic Of Amphibious Gunboat Use By Nigerian Army 2 Fight Niger Delta Militants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.