Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Should I Avoid My Mom? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Avoid My Mom? (22922 Views)

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:01pm On Apr 27, 2023
smiley
A2Gfather:
Sincerely, you need to seat down and observe her very well and know her temperament type, from all your complain, she might be Melancholy-Sanguine---

This set of people like to act like Choleric, no matter how it is, your mom is your mom, learn how to relate with her in a calm way, if she request for thing you think is not need by her, just tell her you will get it for her but not now as you are not buoyant at the moment, say it in a friendly manner.

always advice her with the world of God.
I pray she change for better as you hope IJN
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by yampro: 2:03pm On Apr 27, 2023
whyteteeth:
It's draining dealing with my mom everytime she comes to the city to stay in the same house with me. I live in my elder sister's house but she (my sister) stays abroad with her family. I am the last child and I am not married. I work from home though. My mum visits here once in a while. Anytime she comes around she does a lot of things that spoils my mood. For instance, she doesn't like taking her children's advice no matter how important it is to them. She likes having her way all the time. And when we try to stop her, she guilt trips us and emotionally blackmails us.

I have other siblings who do not live with me but they used to come around with their children anytime mom is around. My father is back home and hardly visits. She doesn't listen to my dad if he advices her.

Mom will first and foremost get someone upset, and when the person complains, she will watch out for one negative word that will slip out from your mouth and use it to emotionally blackmail you. She will cry because of what you said to her until you feel guilty and beg her to forgive you. She also likes reporting her child to another of her child without minding if it would damage their relationship.

She likes making her child feel bad so long as she has her way and she is happy. She pays no attention to the feelings of her children anytime she wants anything. For instance, My mom can make you spend money on something that she already has. Sometimes she will drag for something that she doesn't even need. She feels as a mother all her children must make her happy else they don't like her.

Also, She is terrible with conversations both on phone and physically. If you try to have a one on one talk with her, she will make the conversation very unpleasant because she will keep interrupting, next thing she will cry or she will get up and leave you.

She never sees her fault. Even if she apologies, she would do the same thing again and blame you for making her do it.

If she comes around and everywhere is peaceful, after a short while argument will begin which may lead to a fight.

This is because she likes jamming one person with another person and eventually make them quarel. She enjoys adding words that was never in the conversation when she is reporting somebody to another perosn. Most times those words are very hurting and will lead to a fight. And when the fight begins, she will start crying. Sometimes she would intentionally fall on the ground while trying to separate a fight, just to make sure everybody runs helter-skelter trying to get her up on her feet.

She has blood pressure issues, hence she uses that as a weapon to guilt-trip her children so they can succumb to her demands. For instance, if she says things that are not true about her child to another of her child and the person finds out, once you confront her, she would say " don't query me oh, shey you know my blood pressure would soon go up. I didn't kill my mother, don't kill me oh." Or she will just start crying and say the person hates her and what was said isn't true, and that she never said anything like that. She denies the things she says that are bad soon after she says them.

Gosh, I am just tired of my mom. I feel like packing out of this house, blocking her and not letting her come close to me because of how emotionally draining it is everytime she comes around.

If you as the child is complaining like this , I wonder what your dad would have gone through eversince he got married to your mum.
All I can say , it is well

2 Likes

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by wealthpreach(m): 2:04pm On Apr 27, 2023
Ahmed0336:
Be patient with her, one day she will no longer be here. Make good use of the time she's with you and create lovely memories even though I know it's hard considering what you just typed but tryyyyyy.

Another useless piece of advice. The victim always suffers low self-worth that displays in their relationships and other works of life.

You can't bear such mums... I had my fair share and I say you can't bear such mums. You will always be depressed because if na babe, you for leave am... But when it's your mum it's hard to abandon her and it's equally hard to take all those rubbish.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by poeticsoldier(m): 2:04pm On Apr 27, 2023
Look for Righteousness to preach to your mother so that she can become born again.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 27, 2023
whyteteeth:
It's draining dealing with my mom everytime she comes to the city to stay in the same house with me. I live in my elder sister's house but she (my sister) stays abroad with her family. I am the last child and I am not married. I work from home though. My mum visits here once in a while. Anytime she comes around she does a lot of things that spoils my mood. For instance, she doesn't like taking her children's advice no matter how important it is to them. She likes having her way all the time. And when we try to stop her, she guilt trips us and emotionally blackmails us.

You are Igbo right?

She is your mom, when women grows older, they tends to behave like kids.

It's a normal thing.
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by wealthpreach(m): 2:07pm On Apr 27, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
You can never have it all good in this life.

She is your mum, avoiding won't change that rather it will fuel her manipulations.

Simply keep tolerating her as much as you can and if she can read text messages on phone, send her your frustration after she goes back to the village. Let her ponder on that.

Also, if you can get all your siblings to take one stand and caution her, she will stop her shenanigans.

Mad man wey dey dance for market na because someone dey watch am. Once everyone decides to face their front for market, he go get sense by force.

Lol, another childish advice... All of you experienced a nonmanipulative mum. No matter the caution and advice... They will still be the same way.

If Jesus likes... He should come and talk to her, she will still be like that.

The best advice, travel out and stay out. Or get your apartment in a distant place in the country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by IIdamuAdugbo(f): 2:08pm On Apr 27, 2023
Weldone to your dad, he really took alot of shit, for you and your siblings, just be patient with her, just like your dad did.
whyteteeth:
It's draining dealing with my mom everytime she comes to the city
Gosh, I am just tired of my mom. I feel like packing out of this house, blocking her and not letting her come close to me because of how emotionally draining it is everytime she comes around.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by zcee: 2:09pm On Apr 27, 2023
Hmm what if you date someone like your mum
Na run you go run unless you want to endure..

2 Likes

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by iamoyindamola(m): 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2023
Is your mother related to patience okonkwo
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by Lovestrong(m): 2:15pm On Apr 27, 2023
moadxist2:
Patience is a virtue, and the Bible says "honour thy father and thy mother, that your days might be long on earth". You can't bless her, she can bless you. You choose...
if your mum said your rent is over....... don't worry beeeeee haaappyyy!

According to dt bros, Ok no dey cause fight .
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by Streetmovement(m): 2:16pm On Apr 27, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

If this is true

Your mom should get a role in Nollywood ASAP grin

Sha just manage am like that, I've seen worst in other moms
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by tete7000(m): 2:21pm On Apr 27, 2023
How can you be third of the mom you have lived with since infancy? You mean all these years you didn't develop a strategy to live with her?
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by frozen70(f): 2:22pm On Apr 27, 2023
whyteteeth:

I have other siblings who do not live with me but they used to come around with their children anytime mom is around. My father is back home and hardly visits. She doesn't listen to my dad if he advices her.

Mom will first and foremost get someone upset, and when the person complains, she will watch out for one negative word that will slip out from your mouth and use it to emotionally blackmail you. She will cry because of what you said to her until you feel guilty and beg her to forgive you. She also likes reporting her child to another of her child without minding if it would damage their relationship.

She likes making her child feel bad so long as she has her way and she is happy. She pays no attention to the feelings of her children anytime she wants anything. For instance, My mom can make you spend money on something that she already has. Sometimes she will drag for something that she doesn't even need. She feels as a mother all her children must make her happy else they don't like her.

Also, She is terrible with conversations both on phone and physically. If you try to have a one on one talk with her, she will make the conversation very unpleasant because she will keep interrupting, next thing she will cry or she will get up and leave you.

She never sees her fault. Even if she apologies, she would do the same thing again and blame you for making her do it.

If she comes around and everywhere is peaceful, after a short while argument will begin which may lead to a fight.

This is because she likes jamming one person with another person and eventually make them quarel. She enjoys adding words that was never in the conversation when she is reporting somebody to another perosn. Most times those words are very hurting and will lead to a fight. And when the fight begins, she will start crying. Sometimes she would intentionally fall on the ground while trying to separate a fight, just to make sure everybody runs helter-skelter trying to get her up on her feet.

She has blood pressure issues, hence she uses that as a weapon to guilt-trip her children so they can succumb to her demands. For instance, if she says things that are not true about her child to another of her child and the person finds out, once you confront her, she would say " don't query me oh, shey you know my blood pressure would soon go up. I didn't kill my mother, don't kill me oh." Or she will just start crying and say the person hates her and what was said isn't true, and that she never said anything like that. She denies the things she says that are bad soon after she says them.

Lol,
Your mum is the real drama queen, honestly

I praise your dad for being able to cope with her all these periods

Now back to her attitude among the whole members of the family

If you all sees her just the way you saw her, read her attitude and understand her, then she can't be using you guys head

I swear she will never trip you guys off

If what she does to you is what she does to others, then you guys should understand that she is a real drama

If you pack out and get another place to live, she must come and if you refuses her coming, she will tell the whole world that you don't want her to come and visit you and that the her BP is now beyond control, then every one will blame you

So I think you just have to manage that her attitude just the same way your dad has wore it as a cloth

That's the power of being patient with crazy people

3 Likes

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by diogo23: 2:22pm On Apr 27, 2023
moadxist2:
Patience is a virtue, and the Bible says "honour thy father and thy mother, that your days might be long on earth". You can't bless her, she can bless you. You choose...
See them she's your mother gang while you die in silent, A lot of people have died because of mother selfishness

4 Likes

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by bikefab(m): 2:24pm On Apr 27, 2023
Your father must have suffered emotional and psychological abuses in the hands of such a woman.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by diogo23: 2:25pm On Apr 27, 2023
Ahmed0336:
Be patient with her, one day she will no longer be here. Make good use of the time she's with you and create lovely memories even though I know it's hard considering what you just typed but tryyyyyy.
A woman that have grown up kids with their own family you are telling him to have patient with? What if he die first because of her selfishness?

3 Likes

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by janejive(f): 2:25pm On Apr 27, 2023
She is a narcissist, study how to live with one and love her from a distance. Also don't talk too much when you are with her. Yes or no responses will do just fine to avoid blackmail. Use your head and love her from afar. Visitations should be when necessary expecially during events

2 Likes

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by diogo23: 2:26pm On Apr 27, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
You can never have it all good in this life.

She is your mum, avoiding won't change that rather it will fuel her manipulations.

Simply keep tolerating her as much as you can and if she can read text messages on phone, send her your frustration after she goes back to the village. Let her ponder on that.

Also, if you can get all your siblings to take one stand and caution her, she will stop her shenanigans.

Mad man wey dey dance for market na because someone dey watch am. Once everyone decides to face their front for market, he go get sense by force.
Those of you that have good mother don't know what others are seeing

2 Likes

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by BidenDTrounced: 2:26pm On Apr 27, 2023
BidenDTrounced:
I've received reports on Juan Guaido, I'll take action on that later in the day.

Joe Biden vowed to make Saudi Arabia a pariah state. He failed, he bent the knee, crown prince MBS prevailed.
He blamed President Putin

During the Iran hijab/regime change protests, suggesting a Libya/Gaddafi 2.0:

"We're going to free Iran"
Joe Biden

What happened? He failed.

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by xavuv: 2:29pm On Apr 27, 2023
moadxist2:

Common man! Stop this rubbish idea

3 Likes

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by BigCowHornn: 2:29pm On Apr 27, 2023
whyteteeth:

grin

You have a beautiful mother. Just that she loves attention

You won't appreciate her until she is gone.

She is just like my aunt. That woman blackmailed me into marriage and now I'm grateful

3 Likes

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by Ed12(m): 2:31pm On Apr 27, 2023
Mama is a WOMAN
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by Swaelyf(f): 2:32pm On Apr 27, 2023
my mum is exactly like this like there is no family friend or relative whom she doesnt complain to and most of the things she says are things that never happened and later when she has issues with them they use them against her, like the same ppl supporting her will literally tell her that she is always frustrating her child and how can a mother say such things about her own child to every1 she meets, i have let it stop bothering me. ever since i got a job and moved out i rarely go home and if i have to i make sure its not more than a night i spend there because if its 2 nights then i wont rest. i saw shege when i was living with her.. imagine going to work and coming back at night to meet a kitchen i cleaned very dirty with used plates from my younger brother and they expect me to clean that up, if i complain i would not have peace. My best advice distance yourself from her provide what you can for her when you can and talk to her on the phone when you can the distance will help you mentally and she may also realize how far she pushed you
whyteteeth:

1 Like

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by cooljude(m): 2:34pm On Apr 27, 2023
[/quote]

Your mum might be a psychopath..... No insult intended, from your explanation, she ticks all the box.

1 Like

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by correctguy101(m): 2:37pm On Apr 27, 2023
Saynoomore:
The man that lived with this woman is a hero indeed! Chai! Tell me he took off pls!

Took off ke? The OP did mention they're still a couple grin

Like the elders will say: Man wey marry woman wey get hunchback, know how he take dey sleep with her... grin
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by Swaelyf(f): 2:39pm On Apr 27, 2023
oga dont go there oh! everyone has their personal demons they are fighting with and when the person you look to for understanding and care becomes your enemy you are doomed. i very well understand her because ive been through it i actually made an attempt to end my life because i believed maybe then i will have peace. im grateful it wasnt successful and that im wiser now
chukwuoke:

Guy all what you said above you didn't point out exactly what your mom did. Besides if you abandon your mom whose mom will be yours. Mom's degative way of talking sometimes have impact in one's live. Your are the last is the reason you have to listen to her for your progress. Strive to get your own no matter how small it is. Think we'll bros!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by lalalista: 2:41pm On Apr 27, 2023
your mum is such a drama queen. i love her
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by schoolboymatt(m): 2:42pm On Apr 27, 2023
truthCoder:

Your mum is a manipulative gaslighter. That is the fact.

To survive around manipulators, you first need to avoid interactions with them as much as possible. For unavoidable interactions, allow the gaslighter to talk, say ok you have heard and do EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANTED TO DO in the first instance. Repeat this as a loop.

Dont fight or try to argue with a manipulator. They will hold on to any wrong word. Instead, do the listening. Ask questions to clarify their positions and say ok.

Ok no dey cause fights.

Say ok but remember to do exactly what you wanted to do.

Manipulator: you cannot eat rice in this house today because putin did this and buhari did that.
You: ok
Then you proceed to eat your rice.
After they notice you ate rice and they flare up, you feign ignorance, act like you didn’t hear them the first time, reverse the psychology on them etc.

Anything you do, just dont argue. Reduce confrontations to just simple statements but do exactly what you want to do.

When she reports you and the other person calls, just laugh it off. Remind the person that they should know ‘how mummy use to do’ . If the person is boiling too much, just say ok. Don’t argue.

When she realizes that you are just an ok machine with no interest in fights, she will look for someone else to fight with.

Remember, ok no dey cause fight
grin
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by isabi2lof: 2:45pm On Apr 27, 2023
Just ignore her
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by FireUpNow(m): 2:46pm On Apr 27, 2023
Oap this woman you talking about is your mother please. You should have known her right from when you were you g. You have to have a great deal of patience and overlook her negative sides. Get patience and be prayerful. Take it easy please
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by marsup: 2:47pm On Apr 27, 2023
Such a toxic drama queen.
Nonetheless, she's your mother.
Take a stand when she starts with her drama or just ignore her.
Give her whatever she wants, if you can afford it.
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by gbajeboy: 2:48pm On Apr 27, 2023
She will not change anything as she grows older. Might even get worse as she ages.
easzypeaszy:
You see ehn..my Momsy no dey jam ppl head..but if i wan divide ur mom to 10 my momsy gt 2%
All of u alrdy kws d kind of mom u hv..if she says anytin mk una no dey value her talks again..tkcr of her but anytin she says no dey tk am personal but i kw its vry difficult n many outsiders wl nt undrstnd.
I use to hv frnds back den.der mama na street figher..but as der dey grow..dey no dey tell her to stop again na look

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Missing Kid Pls Help. Photo Added. / I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day / Oh My God ....men Sha!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.