Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Should I Avoid My Mom? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Avoid My Mom? (22924 Views)

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by onlyboyson(m): 8:51am On May 01, 2023
stormborn28:

Otunegi Oma
Mama gi ASHAWO M
papa gi GATEMAN M
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by charlsecy(m): 12:38pm On May 01, 2023
truthCoder:
When she realizes that you are just an ok machine with no interest in fights
OK machine cool cool cool LOL...
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by stormborn28(m): 1:17pm On May 01, 2023
onlyboyson:

Mama gi ASHAWO M
papa gi GATEMAN M

Udugbor eleme.
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by onlyboyson(m): 1:20pm On May 01, 2023
stormborn28:

Udugbor eleme.
Ozu nwulu anwu
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by stormborn28(m): 1:26pm On May 01, 2023
onlyboyson:

Ozu nwulu anwu

Odugbo Oma
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by onlyboyson(m): 1:46pm On May 01, 2023
stormborn28:

Odugbo Oma
Ezi ofia
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by stormborn28(m): 1:54pm On May 01, 2023
onlyboyson:

Ezi ofia

Akachi
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by onlyboyson(m): 7:25am On May 02, 2023
stormborn28:

Akachi
Otolo gbagboo gi
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by destiny4luv(m): 8:20am On May 02, 2023
moadxist2:
Patience is a virtue, and the Bible says "honour thy father and thy mother, that your days might be long on earth". You can't bless her, she can bless you. You choose...

Same Bible says Parents provoke not ur children to anger. Stop using all this one sided emotional blackmail. For this young man sanity my advice is for him to give his mom a space for a period of time, maybe that might reset her actions. Make we dey try balance Scriptures please, this woman is frustrating this young man, understand before using one-sided scripture to blackmail him. Peace.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by destiny4luv(m): 8:28am On May 02, 2023
Ahmed0336:
Be patient with her, one day she will no longer be here. Make good use of the time she's with you and create lovely memories even though I know it's hard considering what you just typed but tryyyyyy.

All this una childish advice dey provoke me, they are better ways to put her Mom in order which is best known to him, than u coming to tell type this. Nor be everything be prayer, there are some physical steps and actions that u will take that will drastically change a long challenging issue. Wisdom is profitable to direct. Wise up

1 Like

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by Tomblaize: 6:08pm On May 02, 2023
YOUR MOM IS A NARCISSISTS BRO.

She's trying to destroy the relationship between your siblings by usinh a technique called TRIANGULATION.

Pls kindly go to YouTube right now and search for NARCISSISTIC MOTHER, then you will understand who your mother truly is.

Kindly do a research on TRIANGULATION, GASLIGHTING, SILENT TREATMENT, SMEAR CAMPAIGN & GUILT TRIP........These are the tactics she uses in controlling her children.

If you don't stay far away from her, she will destroy your mental health.

I am speaking from experience because my mother is a Narcissist too. She has destroyed the relationship between I and my siblings by using the Triangulation tactic.

whyteteeth:
It's draining dealing with my mom everytime she comes to the city to stay in the same house with me. I live in my elder sister's house but she (my sister) stays abroad with her family. I am the last child and I am not married. I work from home though. My mum visits here once in a while. Anytime she comes around she does a lot of things that spoils my mood. For instance, she doesn't like taking her children's advice no matter how important it is to them. She likes having her way all the time. And when we try to stop her, she guilt trips us and emotionally blackmails us.

I have other siblings who do not live with me but they used to come around with their children anytime mom is around. My father is back home and hardly visits. She doesn't listen to my dad if he advices her.

Mom will first and foremost get someone upset, and when the person complains, she will watch out for one negative word that will slip out from your mouth and use it to emotionally blackmail you. She will cry because of what you said to her until you feel guilty and beg her to forgive you. She also likes reporting her child to another of her child without minding if it would damage their relationship.

She likes making her child feel bad so long as she has her way and she is happy. She pays no attention to the feelings of her children anytime she wants anything. For instance, My mom can make you spend money on something that she already has. Sometimes she will drag for something that she doesn't even need. She feels as a mother all her children must make her happy else they don't like her.

Also, She is terrible with conversations both on phone and physically. If you try to have a one on one talk with her, she will make the conversation very unpleasant because she will keep interrupting, next thing she will cry or she will get up and leave you.

She never sees her fault. Even if she apologies, she would do the same thing again and blame you for making her do it.

If she comes around and everywhere is peaceful, after a short while argument will begin which may lead to a fight.

This is because she likes jamming one person with another person and eventually make them quarel. She enjoys adding words that was never in the conversation when she is reporting somebody to another perosn. Most times those words are very hurting and will lead to a fight. And when the fight begins, she will start crying. Sometimes she would intentionally fall on the ground while trying to separate a fight, just to make sure everybody runs helter-skelter trying to get her up on her feet.

She has blood pressure issues, hence she uses that as a weapon to guilt-trip her children so they can succumb to her demands. For instance, if she says things that are not true about her child to another of her child and the person finds out, once you confront her, she would say " don't query me oh, shey you know my blood pressure would soon go up. I didn't kill my mother, don't kill me oh." Or she will just start crying and say the person hates her and what was said isn't true, and that she never said anything like that. She denies the things she says that are bad soon after she says them.

Gosh, I am just tired of my mom. I feel like packing out of this house, blocking her and not letting her come close to me because of how emotionally draining it is everytime she comes around.

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by Tomblaize: 6:17pm On May 02, 2023
Samantha124:
Your peace of mind is much more important than your mother, cut her off if you have to... Love her from a distance.

A lot of kids nowadays are suffering from depression and some have taken their lives all because of toxic parents.

But at the end of the day, the choice is yours.

I am on this table. I am just recovering from the depression my mother caused me

1 Like

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by Tomblaize: 6:19pm On May 02, 2023
onlyboyson:
Why will you Avoid your second God who give birth to you

You are ignorant

1 Like

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by stormborn28(m): 6:46pm On May 02, 2023
onlyboyson:

Otolo gbagboo gi

Upkuti nasti iyor kpe nomosi
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by onlyboyson(m): 7:29pm On May 02, 2023
stormborn28:

Upkuti nasti iyor kpe nomosi
Onwu gboo gi
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by stormborn28(m): 7:55pm On May 02, 2023
onlyboyson:

Onwu gboo gi
Ukah oma
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 02, 2023
I usually tell people that motherhood is a talent that not every woman has.

Some women just decide to have kids simply because the society expects them to, they don't have that motherhood talent within them.
Tomblaize:

I am on this table. I am just recovering from the depression my mother caused me

2 Likes

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by Kobojunkie: 10:11pm On May 02, 2023
Samantha124:
Some women just decide to have kids simply because the society expects them to, they don't have that motherhood talent within them.
Exactly! undecided
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by kkins25(m): 10:15pm On May 02, 2023
Samantha124:

Motherhood is not any talent, and so is fatherhood. If chickens can cater to their chicks, why are you ,a human, crying like an amoeba on continuing your duty to proliferate and produce a better progeny?
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 02, 2023
You're entitled to your own opinion.
kkins25:
Motherhood is not any talent, and so is fatherhood. If chickens can cater to their chicks, why are you ,a human, crying like an amoeba on continuing your duty to proliferate and produce a better progeny?
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by onlyboyson(m): 6:01am On May 03, 2023
stormborn28:

Ukah oma
Kitikpa gbagboo gi ebe ahu
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by Adesuwag(m): 7:14am On May 03, 2023
Man like Hakimi!!!
But you hate your mother. I wonder at some of y’all’
If you got issues with your own mother, wtf!
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by stormborn28(m): 10:59am On May 03, 2023
onlyboyson:

Kitikpa gbagboo gi ebe ahu

Ukputi natsho uwe
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by onlyboyson(m): 4:10pm On May 05, 2023
stormborn28:

Ukputi natsho uwe
Ndi be unu Nile nwuo
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by stormborn28(m): 4:24pm On May 05, 2023
onlyboyson:

Ndi be unu Nile nwuo

Ukputi Olohe
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by onlyboyson(m): 9:53am On May 07, 2023
stormborn28:

Ukputi Olohe
akwuna HIV aids gboo gi
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by stormborn28(m): 1:42pm On May 07, 2023
onlyboyson:

akwuna HIV aids gboo gi
gonorrhea sucker

1 Like

Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by onlyboyson(m): 5:33am On May 09, 2023
stormborn28:
gonorrhea sucker

l

otu nne gi gbaa ikpuru
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by stormborn28(m): 7:48am On May 09, 2023
onlyboyson:
l

otu nne gi gbaa ikpuru

Ukputi uwue syphilis e bowo
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by onlyboyson(m): 3:10pm On May 09, 2023
stormborn28:

Ukputi uwue syphilis e bowo
typhoid gboo gi dia
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by stormborn28(m): 4:05pm On May 09, 2023
onlyboyson:

typhoid gboo gi dia
Dysentery and cholera lo yu ukputi uwe
Re: Should I Avoid My Mom? by onlyboyson(m): 7:42pm On May 09, 2023
stormborn28:

Dysentery and cholera lo yu ukputi uwe
high BP and heart attack gboo gi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Missing Kid Pls Help. Photo Added. / I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day / Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.