Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,863 members, 7,813,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill (30397 Views)

When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. / How Often Do You Refill Your AC Gas? / How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by BigCowHornn: 2:58pm On Apr 29, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
Has anyone noticed
How that fuel thing looks like long prick
The way those girls carry it and chook inside car
I love watching it entering inside the hole of the car kiss
Reminds me of the way I put it inside Kemi

Naso one fine babe attendant put that fuel stick inside my car.
I just dey imagine how my long stick go enter her fuel tank.

The way she dey handle am, she go get experience well well.

God bless all the fine fuel attendants.

Your perversion get K leg

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by lolu2019: 2:58pm On Apr 29, 2023
Angrygoat:
No need to bring down tank,if your car is the type that fuel pump can be accessed from passengers seat. Tel them to remove the pump assembly,suck out all the fuel using a hose. Pour the fuel into a bucket and inspect if water settles at rhe bottom. Also check the fuel pump,water might have gotten into it. Its doing overheating,yourfuel pump. Most filling stations sell water mixed with fuel as fuel. Naija is dead
bros,it is not water.the tank is dirty.dont always paint naija bad.
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by legba1(m): 2:59pm On Apr 29, 2023
simfrost90210:
my fear is not about BAT being sworn in as the President come May 29th as nothing good is expected from him.. What's mind boggling is the fact that his vice is a terrorist and his death (BAT death) is by the corner and when he passes, it's automatically a terrorist that'll be acting in his place and sworn in later on..
Start envisioning what Nigeria will become from that very moment of BAT's demise, it'll be like the great tribulation the Bible has talked about which many will be sunk in its ocean..

Think, Oh ye Nairalanders!!!

Worst was said of buhari, he lived to complete two terms and you nay sayers have been put to shame..

For your info, as much as you earnestly want Asiwaju dead, he will outlive you. God will see hime through beyond this term. Eyin eni a nji ko lona, olori pelebe.
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by hunee: 3:05pm On Apr 29, 2023
This one happens to my car too , before i got over it. The issue is with the filter for fuel. It is dirty. Get a rewire or mech to fix for you.
concho:
Please help me brothers
My Toyota Highlander 2003 goes off after a refill .

Each time I finish buying fuel and turn on my ignition, it goes off once I try driving out of the filling station .

It happens almost immediately I turn on my AC

What could be the problem brothers ??
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by simfrost90210: 3:07pm On Apr 29, 2023
Peppysco:

That should really be your prayer point, you really need that 'PEACE' of mind, you're so full of hate.

Peace..
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by hardbody: 3:08pm On Apr 29, 2023
nurey:
And admin actually brought this thread to front page.

Yeah and I just learnt that i could have some thoughts around a similar incident if it ever happens to me. How would I know this if it wasn't put out here?

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by lildush(m): 3:10pm On Apr 29, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
Has anyone noticed

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by lildush(m): 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2023
You might need to pray for ur car....
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by Bombolistic: 3:13pm On Apr 29, 2023
Your car no like full tank. Economy is bad na
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by NaijaCover(m): 3:20pm On Apr 29, 2023
Buy New Car @Poster
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by Polyglot: 3:33pm On Apr 29, 2023
Make sure you have Comprehensive Motor Insurance Cover in case of any unforeseen circumstances that is beyond control. A stitch in time saves nine.
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by obinna58(m): 3:39pm On Apr 29, 2023
Everyone is saying dirt in fuel tank, don’t forget to update us after it’s fixed
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by endi4real: 3:47pm On Apr 29, 2023
Oga we will do something about that, don't worry.Nigeria is too big and too diverse for that kinda nonsense to take hold. If it was fought in Sudan,then it will be X3 here. Last last everybody go go answer im papa name....forget. No be only bokoharam get craze, we all are mad too, only we normally prefer peace, but if it fails to workout peacefully, then...we shall see..
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by CENI: 3:50pm On Apr 29, 2023
You are the most deluded hater. To you, anyone that speaks against Bat is an Igbo, even when Bat supporters disguise and speak against Bat in other to ridicule Igbos, he will still be tagged Igbo. Shame! Stop hating.

2 Likes

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by mylesJ: 3:54pm On Apr 29, 2023
olumzzz:

There's no general price. It's mechanic dependent.
Though you can buy a portable scanner for yourself for 15k or less.
Scanner can’t tell you there it’s water in tank oh

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by Adolf10: 3:56pm On Apr 29, 2023
[ know someone whose Kia Cerato had same issues, they changed the pump 3x ,the problem persisted, he took it to his organic mechanic and explained to him, there and then he told him, water has entered the key starter, it needed servicing, with less than 2/3k that car was fixed, although his is a push and start button. This was after spending almost 30k on assumptions from different mechanics.
Water may have entered your starter[color=#000099][/color][/b]
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by casualobserver: 3:57pm On Apr 29, 2023
concho:
Please help me brothers

Each time I finish buying fuel and turn on my ignition, it goes off once I try driving out of the filling station .

You know how we buy fuel at gas stations and the attendant keeps filling trying to put more petrol in the tank even though the nozzle has tripped? Well, you are damaging your purge valve. Never fill your tank beyond the 1st click of the fuel nozzle. It will eventually damage your purge valve and vapor canister. The vapor canister is designed for fumes not overflow of liquid petrol which is what happens when your force too much petrol into your car.

There is a reason the nozzle goes “click”. But Nigerians are uninformed. DO not allow the attendant to continue to put petrol into your tank after the 1st “click”

Do not listen to all these quacks telling you to remove your tank or fuel pump.

Scan your car 1st.

4 Likes

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by bigtt76(f): 4:01pm On Apr 29, 2023
So pe oti lo 😂

concho:
Please help me brothers

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by Csami(m): 4:04pm On Apr 29, 2023
The AC
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by Kennyashe2002(m): 4:17pm On Apr 29, 2023
Check fuel filter.. quote author=concho post=122778501]Please help me brothers

What could be the problem brothers ??[/quote]
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by AngelicBeing: 4:28pm On Apr 29, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
Has anyone noticed

For posting this online, l will ask Buhari to arrest you and detain you for 300 years in Abuja shocked
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by Ginomel(m): 4:37pm On Apr 29, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
Has anyone noticed

You need God's mercy. Look for it when you can.
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by RussellRutherfo: 4:38pm On Apr 29, 2023
The Igbo people you and your father use to beg for your school fees?
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by jef131: 4:44pm On Apr 29, 2023
It's a valve under the tank.like its advised scan it. The valve is under the tank in a black box
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by jef131: 4:50pm On Apr 29, 2023
This car was stolen on the 27th of this month at a gun point In imo. Driver shot but survived while a baby shot dead plate no is KSF 258 GU. 2007 TOYOTA COROLLA

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by olumzzz(m): 4:51pm On Apr 29, 2023
mylesJ:

Scanner can’t tell you there it’s water in tank oh
Yes but only scanner can tell you if it's an evap issue or purge valve is stuck open
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by erico2k2(m): 4:53pm On Apr 29, 2023
casualobserver:

You know how we buy fuel at gas stations and the attendant keeps filling trying to put more petrol in the tank even though the nozzle has tripped? Well, you are damaging your purge valve. Never fill your tank beyond the 1st click of the fuel nozzle. It will eventually damage your purge valve and vapor canister. The vapor canister is designed for fumes not overflow of liquid petrol which is what happens when your force too much petrol into your car.

There is a reason the nozzle goes “click”. But Nigerians are uninformed. DO not allow the attendant to continue to put petrol into your tank after the 1st “click”

Do not listen to all these quacks telling you to remove your tank or fuel pump.
OP Listen to this person he is the only one here who has a clue as to what is wrong with your car, Gas fumes cannot escape from your tank once it is over filled so it shuts down the Engine

Scan your car 1st.
OP Listen to this person he is the only one here who has a clue as to what is wrong with your car, Gas fumes cannot escape from your tank once it is over filled so it shuts down the Engine
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by broadman20: 4:54pm On Apr 29, 2023
Peppysco:

A child of doom. Tinubu is going to live longer than you, know that. I don't know why you lots will hate another human so much due to different political ideologies such that you'll wish death upon him. You guys are so terrible, I swear.

Because Tinubu is a baby ABI?

You see this life is funny,

When Obj did it against a northern brother, you people were happy.

Now is a pay back time, weather you like it or not.

After all, God is a God of justice.

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by Alliswell248: 5:02pm On Apr 29, 2023
Scan your car
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by Alliswell248: 5:03pm On Apr 29, 2023
broadman20:

Because Tinubu is a baby ABI?

You see this life is funny,

When Obj did it against a northern brother, you people were happy.

Now is a pay back time, weather you like it or not.

After all, God is a God of justice.

You are not God.
Sore losers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment / Picture Of A $1.3m Bugatti Veyron In Lagos? / How Can I Confirm If A Car Is Not Stolen Before Purchase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.