Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill (30414 Views)

When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. / How Often Do You Refill Your AC Gas? / How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by broadman20: 5:06pm On Apr 29, 2023
Alliswell248:

You are not God.
Sore losers

Yes I'm not God but God is a God of justice.

Why are you afraid of pay back?

Una do, dem wan do Una back, you come dey fear.

Obasanjo no be your brother?
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by nedekid: 5:14pm On Apr 29, 2023
KillSars:
Water filling station
I think water should be looked at too.
Bought 25k diesel on Saturday. The vehicle broke down, area boys 10k, had to tow it 15k. Water on the injector. Have to change the nozzles 12k, injector rotor 45k, gas filter 4500, drop the tank. Mechanic another 15k.
Lots of filling stations have water in their tanks.
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by Ifyz0001: 5:14pm On Apr 29, 2023
Buy injector cleanser at the filling station
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by Rekeb: 5:29pm On Apr 29, 2023
Same thing happened to me with the same brand of car. I somehow knew it was dirt at the bottom of the tank which gets stored up anytime I refill. It happened for nearly a year. I just decided to use up all the fuel since they couldn’t drain the rack from the bottom.
When I refilled after using up all the fuel in the tank, everything drives perfect now.
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by 7upnigeria: 6:09pm On Apr 29, 2023
Peppysco:

A child of doom. Tinubu is going to live longer than you, know that. I don't know why you lots will hate another human so much due to different political ideologies such that you'll wish death upon him. You guys are so terrible, I swear.

That's igbos for you, he's already running mental when Tinubu is already preparing for swearing in. Himself, his family and those that are expecting tribulation will live for 8 years of tribulation while others will flourish. When the courts are tired of them, their court cases will be thrown away. Just ignore them, Tinubu has won.
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by cletz991(m): 6:11pm On Apr 29, 2023
Check ur fuel pump. My hilux did the same thing for for a couple of weeks till I changed the fuel pump
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by thecommunist(m): 6:17pm On Apr 29, 2023
Its an EVAP system problem, either the coal cannister or the purge valve is bad . Don't waste your money or time on anything else. Read it up on Google for better understanding. Try to repair this as soon as possible as it could cause more problems for your engine.
https://www.google.com/search?q=evap%20system%20diagram&tbm=isch&client=ms-android-samsung-ss&prmd=isvn&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CBQQtI8BKABqFwoTCIDl8IHNz_4CFQAAAAAdAAAAABBG&biw=412&bih=776&dpr=2.63
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by nairamaniac: 6:29pm On Apr 29, 2023
olumzzz:

There's no general price. It's mechanic dependent.
Though you can buy a portable scanner for yourself for 15k or less.
it's better he scans with scanner in another workshop than to buy a scanner for 15k.

The scanner in another workshop could cost him like 5k to scan there.
But those scanners are more advanced than the 15k scanner he could have purchased for himself.
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by drlateef: 6:31pm On Apr 29, 2023
concho:
Please help me brothers
My Toyota Highlander 2003 goes off after a refill .

Each time I finish buying fuel and turn on my ignition, it goes off once I try driving out of the filling station .

It happens almost immediately I turn on my AC

What could be the problem brothers ??

Could be the battery. Also check the alternator. It might need replacing. It may be flattening the battery. If the dashboard light is still on, then it might be the fuel pump or filter or both.
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by nairamaniac: 6:40pm On Apr 29, 2023
phemmyfour:
scan it first...probably dirty tank or alternator
But a scan too won't be able to show things about dirty tank or alternator.
However he should scan the car.
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by lonelydora: 6:42pm On Apr 29, 2023
Angrygoat:

Ah ah ah
Abubu abubu
Abubu abubu

No need to bring down tank,if your car is the type that fuel pump can be accessed from passengers seat. Tel them to remove the pump assembly,suck out all the fuel using a hose. Pour the fuel into a bucket and inspect if water settles at rhe bottom. Also check the fuel pump,water might have gotten into it. Its doing overheating,yourfuel pump. Most filling stations sell water mixed with fuel as fuel. Naija is dead

Your purge valve is dirty. Clean it
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by hairyman(m): 6:51pm On Apr 29, 2023
concho:
Please help me brothers

Each time I finish buying fuel and turn on my ignition, it goes off once I try driving out of the filling station .

I bet it starts after a short while. It is the fuel pump. Once I changed my fuel pump, it stopped
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by Peppysco: 7:13pm On Apr 29, 2023
broadman20:

Because Tinubu is a baby ABI?

You see this life is funny,

When Obj did it against a northern brother, you people were happy.

Now is a pay back time, weather you like it or not.

After all, God is a God of justice.

Hmmm, I dey understand pidgin if English language is a problem because I can't even get the correlation between my comment and yours. Try to retype in pidgin so I go fit understand you.
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by broadman20: 7:20pm On Apr 29, 2023
Peppysco:

Hmmm, I dey understand pidgin if English language is a problem because I can't even get the correlation between my comment and yours. Try to retype in pidgin so I go fit understand you.

Na so e be for Yardua, we no understand at the beginning, but when it happened we come understand.

Una no go understand until go happened before Una eyes.

Na turn by turn, God is a God of justice.
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by kunlebco(m): 7:27pm On Apr 29, 2023
olumzzz:

There's no general price. It's mechanic dependent.
Though you can buy a portable scanner for yourself for 15k or less.

Suggest one for me please
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by SIRKAY98(m): 7:48pm On Apr 29, 2023
This happened to me recently, i was about entering house when car could not enter inside gate,it switched off ignition and the car rolled back i held the brake. Okay i started it again car not starting again , i crank it till almost my battery is 15% car slept the entrance of the house till morning, called Rewire and mechanic they came and went straight to the fuel pump,they said it damaged i gave them money to buy another one, which they did and put it the car start again, I paid them they went their way, was on my way to Ikoyi when car went off on 3rd mainland bridge, i packed and put on my hazard light, i went to where they opened the pump and put back the previous one they removed,luckily it starts, which i managed to take the car to a safe place, when coming back car was jerking when i accelerate to 50kmph!I manage it like that to reach house. so last solution
I saw dirty in the tank and like water too, so i raised my pump and tie it to something in the tank, that the pump doesn't face down in the tank directly ,as this is where it sucks dirt, i raised it that it slants not facing down directly again, hence solution, have been using the car till now no issues any more.Mechanic and rewire has called me tire that has it spoiled i dint even answer them again.

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by SIRKAY98(m): 7:50pm On Apr 29, 2023
Also try buying your fuel into a 50litres gallon and turn it at your convenience at home or office , or try to change the fuel station,they may be selling water added fuel for you!
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by Coolgent(m): 7:57pm On Apr 29, 2023
concho:
Please help me brothers

I have experienced this with my ford escape 2014...
The issue was canister purge valve.

The following expert miggt help u

Gazzuzz
Nurey
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by stevups(m): 8:02pm On Apr 29, 2023
concho:
Please help me brothers

There's water inside your fuel pump.
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by olumzzz(m): 8:19pm On Apr 29, 2023
nairamaniac:
it's better he scans with scanner in another workshop than to buy a scanner for 15k.

The scanner in another workshop could cost him like 5k to scan there.
But those scanners are more advanced than the 15k scanner he could have purchased for himself.
The 15k scanner will work.
He's only scanning for engine DTC codes
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by olumzzz(m): 8:24pm On Apr 29, 2023
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by ogundeleai(m): 8:30pm On Apr 29, 2023
You are just experiencing bigger issue at juveline stage. Thereafter, engine will be shutting down mid way journey..
Prepare ahead to change the brain box and that's my candid advise..
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by Barcalee: 8:39pm On Apr 29, 2023
concho:
Please help me brothers

It happens to my own too it's a particular sensor that is malfunction
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by Peppysco: 9:00pm On Apr 29, 2023
broadman20:

Na so e be for Yardua, we no understand at the beginning, but when it happened we come understand.

Una no go understand until go happened before Una eyes.

Na turn by turn, God is a God of justice.

You're still not making any sense to me, kindly type in the language I understand or you refrain, kajiko?
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by broadman20: 9:57pm On Apr 29, 2023
Peppysco:

You're still not making any sense to me, kindly type in the language I understand or you refrain, kajiko?

When Tinubu will also die like Yardua, your senses will come back by force.

Keep on forming DEAF AND DUMB.
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by Osobi32(m): 5:24am On Apr 30, 2023
concho:
Please help me brothers

I guess u are one of those who like to drive ur car till the fuel enters reserve abi? Ehh many particles has entered where they are not suppose to enter na.
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by nwajesus12(m): 9:35am On Apr 30, 2023
Peppysco:

A child of doom. Tinubu is going to live longer than you, know that. I don't know why you lots will hate another human so much due to different political ideologies such that you'll wish death upon him. You guys are so terrible, I swear.
na foolish boy you be
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by Angrygoat: 10:35am On Apr 30, 2023
I've told u,its fuel pump. B4 u waste money changing fake standard plugs,coil,this,that. Na fuel pump. Buy China 6k. Dey manage am till u see 30k order direct from amazon(abroad)
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by xtiedre: 6:25pm On Apr 30, 2023
hi, had the same problem with my highlander 2008, its like a warning sign that your fuel pump is failing. when my eventually died and they open the tank it had water and the filter was clogged.
change your fuel pump and clean your tank.
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by Erebeshe: 7:14pm On Apr 30, 2023
concho:
Please help me brothers

Same thing happens to my Toyota corolla, even without putting the AC on. Someone help what is likely the cause of this
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by Erebeshe: 7:19pm On Apr 30, 2023
luckydion:

Dirty fuel Tank: since it happened after fueling your vehicle. Dirt or water settled down the tank, your refill stirred them up and then cloggy the fuel filter in the tank causing the vehicle to jerks and go off.
Remedy: Wash your Fuel Tank, Clean or change the filter (it comes with the fuel pump) so change it if u can get original to buy separate. It may lead you to changing the fuel pump.... depend on the level now

if not checked, it will be every time u switch on ac then graduate to when you tend to accelerate more. (cloggy filter kills fuel pumps)
this is a simple solution.
If you can go for scanning it will definitely shows this out or other faults if there is any more.

Could this be the reason my Toyota corolla jerks whenever I want to accelerate?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can 2.5M Buy You A Decent Car? / See How The Range Rover Has Evolved Over The Years / Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.