Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill (30460 Views)

When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. / How Often Do You Refill Your AC Gas? / How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by Erebeshe: 7:27pm On Apr 30, 2023
This is exactly the problem with my car, I wish I could get this thing fixed once and for all. If you don't mind can you give me a detailed solution.

SIRKAY98:
This happened to me recently, i was about entering house when car could not enter inside gate,it switched off ignition and the car rolled back i held the brake. Okay i started it again car not starting again , i crank it till almost my battery is 15% car slept the entrance of the house till morning, called Rewire and mechanic they came and went straight to the fuel pump,they said it damaged i gave them money to buy another one, which they did and put it the car start again, I paid them they went their way, was on my way to Ikoyi when car went off on 3rd mainland bridge, i packed and put on my hazard light, i went to where they opened the pump and put back the previous one they removed,luckily it starts, which i managed to take the car to a safe place, when coming back car was jerking when i accelerate to 50kmph!I manage it like that to reach house. so last solution
I saw dirty in the tank and like water too, so i raised my pump and tie it to something in the tank, that the pump doesn't face down in the tank directly ,as this is where it sucks dirt, i raised it that it slants not facing down directly again, hence solution, have been using the car till now no issues any more.Mechanic and rewire has called me tire that has it spoiled i dint even answer them again.
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by SIRKAY98(m): 7:22am On May 01, 2023
Erebeshe:
This is exactly the problem with my car, I wish I could get this thing fixed once and for all. If you don't mind can you give me a detailed solution.

Its well, study your car very well sir, i know the state of my car, if anything happens to it, i will guess right what it is ,try and be thesame sir. anyways the solution is two: let your car thank be removed and remove all the fuel in it, then buy a new fuel pump and install it,
2.Buy new fuel pump remove the previous one and install the new one, while doig that drag the pump slantly that its does not face the botton of the tank directly and tie it with copper to anything that can hold it.
3. Take the car to an expert workshop.
Re: My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill by Erebeshe: 7:53am On May 01, 2023
Thanks a lot.

SIRKAY98:

Its well, study your car very well sir, i know the state of my car, if anything happens to it, i will guess right what it is ,try and be thesame sir. anyways the solution is two: let your car thank be removed and remove all the fuel in it, then buy a new fuel pump and install it,
2.Buy new fuel pump remove the previous one and install the new one, while doig that drag the pump slantly that its does not face the botton of the tank directly and tie it with copper to anything that can hold it.
3. Take the car to an expert workshop.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tragedy As Container Fell On 2 Vehicles In Ikorodu,4 Killed,Others Injured(Pics / About Tinted Permits And Police Harrasment / Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.