Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,266 members, 7,954,036 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:15 AM

Who Are Ur Best Infratructural Gov, Mine Wike (rivers) & Umuhi (ebonyi) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are Ur Best Infratructural Gov, Mine Wike (rivers) & Umuhi (ebonyi) (833 Views)

Atiku Raises Team To Woo Wike, Rivers Governor’s Camp Remain Adamant / Wike: Rivers Will Continue To Be Home To Igbos / Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Are Ur Best Infratructural Gov, Mine Wike (rivers) & Umuhi (ebonyi) by ubest1(m): 12:46pm On Apr 27, 2023
As May 29 approaches all second terms gov about to sign out, due to my nature of job traveling around my two most outstanding governors are Wike (Rivers) & Umehi (Ebonyi) state on infrastructural project.

PROJECTS SPREAD; Umehi remain the best, he change the face of Ebonyi completely, his projects spread round the entire Ebonyi state compare to Wike which is much in PHC

PROJECTS QUALITIES; Wike has no rival his project are all standard compare to Umehi example you can't drive 80 km/h on any Umehi flyover, poor surface compare to Wike flyovers even at 180 km/h you won't feel it.

My gov tired Gov Udom of Akwa-Ibom but not compared the two above.

You can also add your best two gov.

1 Like

Re: Who Are Ur Best Infratructural Gov, Mine Wike (rivers) & Umuhi (ebonyi) by reiddecuti: 1:00pm On Apr 27, 2023
Umahi is number one on my list. Reason being that his projects were not station on one place as you said.

Thinking of where Ebonyi State is coming from and being one of the few states that receives the least allocation from FG and also least internal revenue, he was able to site signature projects which some governors with big allocation both from FG and internal revenue failed to execute.

It doesn't matter whether a state is rich or not, a governor that wants to work will work and the ones that doesn't will find every reason to give excuses.

And again, think about what states can do if there's a resource control. This will definitely birth competition and will force the citizens to wake up and hold the leaders accountable.

8 Likes

Re: Who Are Ur Best Infratructural Gov, Mine Wike (rivers) & Umuhi (ebonyi) by alizma: 1:09pm On Apr 27, 2023
I give it to those two
Re: Who Are Ur Best Infratructural Gov, Mine Wike (rivers) & Umuhi (ebonyi) by ImmaculateJOE(m): 1:27pm On Apr 27, 2023
Apart from Fly overs that wike built in just Phalga and Obio/Akpor, what other projects did he do...?

Umahi, Udom are miles ahead of Wike..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Are Ur Best Infratructural Gov, Mine Wike (rivers) & Umuhi (ebonyi) by Mitchy49(m): 1:27pm On Apr 27, 2023
Governor Samuel ortom and Dr okezie ikpeazu. These are the best in this regard.
Re: Who Are Ur Best Infratructural Gov, Mine Wike (rivers) & Umuhi (ebonyi) by Googledotcom: 1:48pm On Apr 27, 2023
To be honest, I will miss my governor Wike, he had a calling to deliver projects and he did. Although I don't like the role he played against the people's wish OBI-DATTI, but I must commend him, sir Wike you did well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Are Ur Best Infratructural Gov, Mine Wike (rivers) & Umuhi (ebonyi) by Godons1: 1:49pm On Apr 27, 2023
Ikpeazu and Obaseki take the lead in infrastructural development.

Re: Who Are Ur Best Infratructural Gov, Mine Wike (rivers) & Umuhi (ebonyi) by psucc(m): 2:16pm On Apr 27, 2023
Na Udom use aeroplane carry the award run
Re: Who Are Ur Best Infratructural Gov, Mine Wike (rivers) & Umuhi (ebonyi) by Brendaniel: 2:19pm On Apr 27, 2023
ubest1:
As May 29 approaches all second terms gov about to sign out, due to my nature of job traveling around my two most outstanding governors are Wike (Rivers) & Umehi (Ebonyi) state on infrastructural project.

PROJECTS SPREAD; Umehi remain the best, he change the face of Ebonyi completely, his projects spread round the entire Ebonyi state compare to Wike which is much in PHC

PROJECTS QUALITIES; Wike has no rival his project are all standard compare to Umehi example you can't drive 80 km/h on any Umehi flyover, poor surface compare to Wike flyovers even at 180 km/h you won't feel it.

My gov tired Gov Udom of Akwa-Ibom but not compared the two above.

You can also add your best two gov.

Good Governance is not all about infrastructures, that is the mistake we have here in Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Who Are Ur Best Infratructural Gov, Mine Wike (rivers) & Umuhi (ebonyi) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 27, 2023
I give it to Umahi.. less resources compared to Wike's Rivers.
Brendaniel:

Good Governance is not all about infrastructures, that is the mistake we have here in Nigeria...
Not entirely true. It's actually infrastructure that drives governance.. Good roads, Power, Good transportation, etc.. all these are enablers of good governance.

4 Likes

Re: Who Are Ur Best Infratructural Gov, Mine Wike (rivers) & Umuhi (ebonyi) by Brendaniel: 3:52pm On Apr 27, 2023
pineed:
I give it to Umahi.. less resources compared to Wike's Rivers.

Not entirely true. It's actually infrastructure drives governance.. Good roads, Power, Good transportation, etc.. all these are enablers of good governance.

That's the mistake you guys are still making, infrastructure without human development first is like trying to eat a food before cooking it, that is why Buhari failed woefully despite spending trillions on infrastructure, there are so many multi billion naira infrastructures wasting away in Nigeria because of the same reason.

How can a leader be building infrastructure for people who do not value, use or afford such infrastructure, you look at the people you want to build infrastructure for, in Nigeria one of the biggest problem of governance is wrong priority order.

The infrastructures are good but if it is wrongly placed and timed it will be useless, it is like picking up a poor hungry and uneducated child that is wearing torn clothes to help and the first thing you do is to buy him new clothes and start teaching how to read and write when you have not even fed him yet.

The question to ask is in order priority what do the people urgently need now before taking the next step, place whatever you are doing in governance in order of priority, that is why I don't really take leaders in Nigeria who shout project anyhow seriously, in your state some people are eating grass to survive and you are taking loan of 1 billion dollars to build airport.

Who will use the airport, first think of how food can be abundant in your state, think of how you can support local manufacturers, farmers, producers, skill training, make sure every child is educated, meet urgent lower budget projects like rural electrification, roads where they are urgently needed at that time to increase productivity.

You might end up not doing much infrastructures in your 8 years but in not too long time those same people you have dragged out of poverty will be the ones asking for bigger projects because they will be ready to use them and the need will be high for it.

For me it first human development before infrastructure because it is human beings that will use that infrastructure.

9 Likes

Re: Who Are Ur Best Infratructural Gov, Mine Wike (rivers) & Umuhi (ebonyi) by OAFMods: 5:18pm On Apr 27, 2023
Mr this is the most foolish comment from any human on the face of the Earth.let the infrastructure Africa lacks be put in place by the likes of Umahi n other things can foolllow.

Brendaniel:

Re: Who Are Ur Best Infratructural Gov, Mine Wike (rivers) & Umuhi (ebonyi) by 9japride(m): 5:24pm On Apr 27, 2023
How has the state government impacted directly on the common man? These massive projects, is it not another way for the politicians and their associates to chop money?
Next election, wicked elements in our society will still vote misfits.
You guys should name one that that has direct impact on the people?
Re: Who Are Ur Best Infratructural Gov, Mine Wike (rivers) & Umuhi (ebonyi) by Brendaniel: 5:25pm On Apr 27, 2023
OAFMods:
Mr this is the most foolish comment from any human on the face of the Earth.let the infrastructure Africa lacks be put in place by the likes of Umahi n other things can foolllow.

Insults are not points, like I said earlier good governance is not all about infrastructure...

Prove me wrong with valid statements and not insults....

1 Like

Re: Who Are Ur Best Infratructural Gov, Mine Wike (rivers) & Umuhi (ebonyi) by OAFMods: 5:38pm On Apr 27, 2023
Where is the insult in my comment, telling you how foolish your comment is does not amount to insult instead it is fact you need to life with.

That you can boldly n proudly declared that building road bridges airport malls hospitals etc does not amount to good governance is lame n pathetic. I await your list of what made good governance with this list.

Brendaniel:

Insults are not points, like I said earlier good governance is not all about infrastructure...

Prove me wrong with valid statements and not insults....
Re: Who Are Ur Best Infratructural Gov, Mine Wike (rivers) & Umuhi (ebonyi) by tesppidd: 5:48pm On Apr 27, 2023
Brendaniel:

That's the mistake you guys are still making, infrastructure without human development first is like trying to eat a food before cooking it, that is why Buhari failed woefully despite spending trillions on infrastructure, there are so many multi billion naira infrastructures wasting away in Nigeria because of the same reason.

How can a leader be building infrascture for people who do not value, use or afford such infrastructure, you look at the people you want to build infrastructure for, in Nigeria one of the biggest problem if governance is wrong priority order.

The infrastructures are good but if it is wrongly placed and timed it will be useless, it is like picking up a poor hungry and enducated child that is wearing torn clothes to help and the first thing you do is to buy him new clothes and start teaching how to read and write when you have not even fed him yet.

The question to ask is in order priority what do the people urgently need now before taking the next step, place whatever you are doing in governance in order of priority, that is why I don't really take leaders in Nigeria who shout project anyhow seriously, in your state some people are eating grass to survive and you are taking loan of 1 billion dollars to build airport.

Who will use the airport, first think of how food can be abundant in you state, think of how you can support local manufacturers, farmers, producers, skill training, make sure every child is educated, meet urgent lower budget projects like rural electrification, roads where they are urgently needed at that time to increase productitivity.

You might end up not doing much infrastructures in your 8 years but in not too long time those same people you have dragged out of poverty will be the ones asking for bigger projects because they will be ready to use them and the need will be high for it.

For me it first human development before infrastructure because it is human beings that will use that infrastructure.
Apt.

Most Governors who focus on infrastructure and neglect jobs and human capital development, just watch them well,
They know what they are getting from those projects.
And that is why they are doing them.

Capital projects without accessible budget is the easiest way to embezzle money.

Only in black Africa would people be praising leaders for building roads and capital projects without even seeing how much they spent.

A good leader will focus on human capital development, education and health care, to go along with the infrastructure.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Are Ur Best Infratructural Gov, Mine Wike (rivers) & Umuhi (ebonyi) by Brendaniel: 6:04pm On Apr 27, 2023
OAFMods:
Where is the insult in my comment, telling you how foolish your comment is does not amount to insult instead it is fact you need to life with.

That you can boldly n proudly declared that building road bridges airport malls hospitals etc does not amount to good governance is lame n pathetic. I await your list of what made good governance with this list.

You're so uncouth, read this, it will help you...

https://www.nairaland.com/post/122785135

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Us-embassy-convoy-attack-anambra-police-arrest-two-reve / Why Did Market Forces Not Affect Diesel And Kereson? / Atiku, Obi Contest States Won By Each Other At Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.