Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu (33140 Views)

Emir Of Bichi, Nasiru Ado Bayero Visits President Tinubu In Abuja / Emir Of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero, Booed At Inauguration Ground / Dangote Visits President-Elect Bola Tinubu To Congratulate Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 27, 2023
StreetFight:

I will remind you when he visits. All traditional rulers are under local government Chairmen. That's what the Constitution of the country says.
Show me that part of the Nigerian constitution.

I don't know how many times I have to say this: Nigerian traditional rulers are not part of the Nigerian government. How do you rank them in comparison to people in an organisation to which they do not belong?
It is just like saying that an ex-general is inferior to a sergeant.

Definition: a first class traditional ruler in Nigeria is the person whom inherited a throne which was that of an independent and sovereign precolonial country.

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 27, 2023
StreetFight:

I am not sure you have any brain according to your last statement.
Show me the part of the constitution which states traditional rulers are "under local government chairman".
Definition: a first class traditional ruler in Nigeria is the person whom inherited a throne which was that of an independent and sovereign precolonial country.

Let me give you an other example of a traditional ruler: the delai lama. His country is Tibet and it is now part of China. Does that mean he is inferior to a local government chairman?

You people seriously lack education.
Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 27, 2023
pquaver:

Oga even in benin it same.. It just down to public acceptance.. Obaseki can dethrone the oba but it just the population will go into uproar..
One of the differences between Benin and other monarchies in Nigeria is that the future king is already known while the current is still on the throne. And the current is his father. All the dukes are family members of the king.
Of course there could be a rogue government which attempts to remove the king, but who will they replace him with ? The next in line is his first son (even by the constitution of the state, which takes this dictat from Benin tradition). Will his first son want to betray him ?
If the first son says no then the next in line is the second son... You will have to go through all the family members of the king until you finally find someone willing to backstab his traditional overlord and close relative.
Then the rest of Benin tradition and people will reject the usurper, all the monarchies which were part of Benin empire (see map below) and which are spread across southern Nigeria and go way beyond Edo state will reject the usurper...
Turmoil, carnage, blood, unrest...
And to Benin tradition which predates Nigeria, the monarch is still the monarch, a piece of paper from state government doesn't mean anything when it concerns Benin tradition!

Edit. Once again, a local government chairman can not dethrone a king. I know you want to be right so very much, but you are wrong and that won't change. Repeating the claim many times won't change reality child.

Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 11:28pm On Apr 27, 2023
Also, I think the imperial palace of Benin is the personal belonging of the Oba of Benin. When the precolonial palace was burnt down and looted by the British after they defeated Benin kingdom in the battlefield, Oba Eweka II built a new palace, that is the current imperial (Oba) palace. The crown prince also grows up in the palace, that is the only home he knows until he becomes emperor (Oba).
All the artefacts are about the ancestors of the Oba. The line of succession to the throne is much older than Nigeria and it follows primogeniture. It is hard to imagine how there could be a Benin kingdom without the legitimate and traditionally backed Oba of Benin.
Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by soojar(m): 11:54pm On Apr 27, 2023
Ghostwon82221:

For your information, with badly educated Nigerians, I have to repeat my self many times, first class monarchs are not civil servants !
They do not belong to the government ranking! They are the leaders of the precolonial governments of the region.
I don't know what happens in some strange States, but in Edo state, the emperor certainly doesn't report to LG chairmen.

It's nothing to argue about. Under the constitution of Nigeria, a king (whether first class or 10th class) officially falls under local government.

He has a point if he says local government chairman is his boss. Do you know if a state governor doesn't ratify the appointment (yes, it is seen as an appointment that can be terminated anytime) of a king, that king is not recognized (e.g all these Eze of Ajao estate dem)

The only reason why you are feeling the Oba of Bini is any different is because of the strong tradition in Bini and the governors or the local government under which the Oba is (Oredo) all believe in the tradition and see the Oba of Bini as the representatives of the gods.

If Obaseki wants to damn the consequences (i.e becoming politically irrelevant in Benin as a result of removing the Oba), he would send the Oba away from the throne and nothing will happen (well, maybe something can happen spiritually grin, or political suicide).

The king under the Nigerian constitution has no single power. The politicians only need them because they are actually closer to the people than the so call LG chairmen.

We learn everyday

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 27, 2023
soojar:
It's nothing to argue about. Under the constitution of Nigeria, a king (whether first class or 10th class) officially falls under local government.
Show me where it says that in the Nigerian constitution.
I keep asking this question, but nobody answers, instead someone else just comes in the debate and repeats the claim.

I notice that you guys just keep repeating the same sentences, almost word for word. Do you have working brains ? What sort of zombies are you ?
I guess someone made the statement first, then you lots just repeat it without thinking because you think saying it makes you look smart.

This is annoying, please read all which I wrote here before just adding yourself to the debate, I can't repeat myself eternally. I have already shown why your claim is wrong.
Ok, I think I am being targeted by trolls

Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by soojar(m): 12:05am On Apr 28, 2023
Ghostwon82221:

I keep asking this question, but nobody answers, instead someone else just comes in the debate and repeats the claim.

I notice that you guys just keep repeating the same sentences, almost word for word. Do you have working brains ? What sort of zombies see you ?
I guess someone made the statement first, then you lots just repeat it without thinking because you think saying it makes you look smart.

This is annoying, please read all which I wrote here before just adding yourself to the debate, I can't repeat myself eternally.

At the bolded shows your level and most likely the level you can ever attain in life.

We learn everyday

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 12:10am On Apr 28, 2023
soojar:

At the bolded shows your level and most likely the level you can ever attain in life.
We learn everyday
It is funny you skipped this
Ghostwon82221:

And focused on your hurt feelings instead.
Repeating sentences which you think make you look smart only makes you look intellectually inferior. Many other intellectually inferior people repeat those same statements...
But that is how unintelligent people think: repeat things you think make you look smart. Don't use your brain...
Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by soojar(m): 12:43am On Apr 28, 2023
Ghostwon82221:

I notice that you guys just keep repeating the same sentences, almost word for word. Do you have working brains ? What sort of zombies see you ?

This is annoying, please read all which I wrote here before just adding yourself to the debate, I can't repeat myself eternally. I have already shows why your claim is wrong.
Ok, I think I am being targeted by trolls

I wanted to ignore you most especially because of your abusive language (I've learnt over the years that people that have nothing to offer are the ones that hide behind abusive words to cover their ignorance)

If you are ready to learn I can point you in the right direction. it's not everybody on this forum that are illiterates (even though there are many)

For the purpose of other people who must have read the tantrums you have been throwing, this is what the constitution says;

1979 constitution Section 47 of Part VIII of the Traditional Rulers and Chiefs Edict, specifies the following functions:

(a) Formulation of general proposals by way of advice to the Local Government or to all local
governments in the area.
(b) Harmonization and co-ordination of development plans of such local governments by joint
discussions and advice.
(c) To assist in the maintenance of law and order

The kings are mere advisers to the local government chairman and state governor. Their legitimacy and power are only in the eyes of the people but zero relevance under the law.

For further reading check out Bendel State of Nigeria (1979) Traditional Rulers and Chiefs Edict. Benin City: Government Printers

We learn everyday.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by soojar(m): 12:49am On Apr 28, 2023
Ghostwon82221:

It is funny you skipped this
And focused on your hurt feelings instead.
Repeating sentences which you think make you look smart only makes you look intellectually inferior. Many other intellectually inferior people repeat those same statements...
But that is how unintelligent people think: repeat things you think make you look smart. Don't use your brain...

Again, as I answered you earlier in case you missed it, this is what I gave you:

I wanted to ignore you most especially because of your abusive language (I've learnt over the years that people that have nothing to offer are the ones that hide behind abusive words to cover their ignorance)

If you are ready to learn I can point you in the right direction. it's not everybody on this forum that are illiterates (even though there are many)

For the purpose of other people who must have read the tantrums you have been throwing, this is what the constitution says;

1979 constitution Section 47 of Part VIII of the Traditional Rulers and Chiefs Edict, specifies the following functions:

(a) Formulation of general proposals by way of advice to the Local Government or to all local
governments in the area.
(b) Harmonization and co-ordination of development plans of such local governments by joint
discussions and advice.

The kings are mere advisers to the local government chairman and state governor. Their legitimacy and power are only in the eyes of the people but zero relevance under the law.

For further reading check out Bendel State of Nigeria (1979) Traditional Rulers and Chiefs Edict. Benin City: Government Printers

We learn everyday.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 28, 2023
soojar:

governments in the area.
discussions and advice.

We learn everyday.
1) it would be smarter to add a link to the paper which you are quoting.
2) what you quoted did not in any way say that monarchs are "under local government chairmen"
3) it is very hard to have discussions with people like you who argue blindly and just repeat other people's statements because they think those statements sound intelligent.
4) and even with the quote which you provided yourself, you are still unable to see that you were wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu4GSLI18s8
Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by soojar(m): 12:58am On Apr 28, 2023
Ghostwon82221:

1) it would be smarter to add a link to the paper which you are quoting.
2) what you quoted did not in any way say that monarchs are "under local government chairmen"

The constitution is there with the section and subsection, what else do you want to see.

So, by your submission at the bolded the adviser is superior to who he is advising? seriously?

As I said earlier, the response is not really for you because I know it's not knowledge you are after, but just want to show that you know something when you do not.

The response is because of people that will be reading what you wrote that's why I left the message under your comment.

Let me add one more paper for the purpose of those that really want to seek knowledge;

Egwurube, J. (1985) Traditional Rulers and Local Government under the 1979 Nigeria Constitution. (I haven't read this myself)

"The day we stop learning is the day we die" Michael Scott

We learn everyday

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 1:02am On Apr 28, 2023
soojar:

So, by your submission at the bolded the adviser is superior to who he is advising? seriously?
Do your parents give you advise ? Does that make you superior to your parents ?

Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 1:05am On Apr 28, 2023
soojar:

The constitution is there with the section and subsection, what else do you want to see.
You are supposed to make your argument as easily available as possible, not to set up road blocks in order to make verification of your proof difficult, unless you are trying to scam instead of acting in good faith.

In short, provide a link to the document, be as precise as possible, lead the interlocutors to the exact page and the exact lines if possible. It should be extremely easy for your interlocutors to have access to your proof.
Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 1:08am On Apr 28, 2023
It is funny how the goal post has shifted from "under local government" to "advise local government"...you can't argue with these guys... Their claim is always shifting...
Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by soojar(m): 1:10am On Apr 28, 2023
Ghostwon82221:

You are supposed to make your argument as easily available as possible, not to set up road blocks in order to make verification of your proof difficult, unless you are trying to scam instead of acting in good faith.

In short, provide a link to the document, be as precise as possible, lead the interlocutors to the exact page and the exact lines if possible. It should be extremely easy for your interlocutors to have access to your proof.

grin grin I should provide a link to Nigeria constitution for you or tell you how to search for sections and sub-sections in the constitution?

Well, why don't you provide evidence for your argument even if it's just a quote, you don't need to give all the details the way I gave you. No need to even quote the constitution, Just anything to back up all your arguments since.

We learn everyday

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 1:12am On Apr 28, 2023
Stop wasting my time, you are just trolling.
Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by soojar(m): 1:16am On Apr 28, 2023
Ghostwon82221:
It is funny how the goal post has shifted from "under local government" to "advise local government"...you can't argue with these guys... Their claim is always shifting...

This just looks to me as clutching at straws.

Nobody is claiming supremacy of knowledge here, if you don't know something and someone points it out to you, just take it and move on. And if you don't want to take it that okay, but don't mislead others by holding on to a false narrative just because you want to save face.

The simple base of the argument is under the Nigeria constitution a local government is above the king and that is a fact which I just showed you because the constitution says, the king is a mere adviser to the local government.

We learn everyday

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 1:19am On Apr 28, 2023
soojar:

This just looks to me as clutching at straws.
You may be looking at a mirror, because the person clutching at straws is you.

I can't argue with a fool.
And your supposed quote of the Nigerian constitution (which you didn't provide) didn't claim that kings were under local government chairmen or were "mere advisers" of local government chairmen.
Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by soojar(m): 1:24am On Apr 28, 2023
Ghostwon82221:

Do your parents give you advise ? Does that make you superior to your parents ?

We are talking serious matter here, this is governance we are talking about. An adviser or special adviser on any matter to anybody, be it president, governor, LG chairman or even minister is only an appointee of the main person and he/she is a subordinate of the person that can be fired at any time the boss deem fit.

We learn everyday

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 1:28am On Apr 28, 2023
^^^^
Do not talk to me, you are not reasonable.

I can't argue with a fool, it is a great waste of time.

To those who read this in good faith, the person above is clearly a crook and a fool. The person above is trying to drag me into a debate which is not based on logic but on who shouts the loudest and who has the most time to waste.
Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by soojar(m): 1:30am On Apr 28, 2023
Ghostwon82221:

You may be looking at a motor, because the person clutching at straws is you.

I can't argue with a fool.
And your supposed quote of the Nigerian constitution (which you didn't provide) didn't claim that kings were under local government chairmen or were "mere advisers" of local government chairmen.

Remember what I told you about name calling? ignorant and pinheaded people use that to cover their intelligence lack.

I've provided you with where to go in the constitution you said you don't know how to read the constitution

Now, you show us where in the constitution that says the King is above the local government chairman, or you don't have anything to back up all those your rantings?

We learn everyday

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 1:34am On Apr 28, 2023
When a person doesn't listen to logic and starts interpreting things and doesn't make his proof easily accessible, you are dealing with a crook and a fool.
The person doesn't care about reality or truth or logic, the person only wants to win an argument.

Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 1:36am On Apr 28, 2023
How things logically work:
You show me a quote from me and then you ask me to substantiate it.
You don't ask me to provide evidence to the contrary of your unsubstantiated claim.
The onus of proof is upon the person who makes the claim.
I don't expect fools to know this.
Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by soojar(m): 1:44am On Apr 28, 2023
Ghostwon82221:
^^^^
Do not talk to me, you are not reasonable.

I can't argue with a fool, it is a great waste of time.

To those who read this in good faith, the person above is clearly a crook and a fool. The person is trying to drag me into a debate which is not based in logic but on who shouts the loudest and who has the most time to waste.

I actually wanted to allow your ignorance slide but when I realized that your issue goes beyond ignorance but rather charlatan in nature, that's whey I decided to engage you.

I have been the one giving you facts and backing them up with references. You have been the one trying to make it a shouting match. Argument is not a bad thing, it's actually an intellectual exercise if you know how to.

If you make a claim, back it up with reference (You have not provided even one since you have been talking), I have given you Nigerian constitution, I have given you write ups, I have pointed some publications to you.

I will make sure to debunk any false claim you make on this matter so others like you will learn not to lay claim to knowledge of what they know nothing about. I am opened to learning myself and I promise to apologize for my ignorance if you can just prove your point to everybody to see, not your usual abuse.

We learn everyday

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 1:48am On Apr 28, 2023
Just watch the video, it talks about people like you (you are the donkey in the video). I'm sure you didn't watch it, otherwise you would have stopped acting in a foolish manner.

Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 1:49am On Apr 28, 2023
An other video which I advise you to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFL5NoM9GVE
Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by plumcomm: 1:51am On Apr 28, 2023
Ghostwon82221:

Actually if I recall, the head of the British government is the prime minister, not the monarch. But indeed the monarch does have a constitutional role.
I made my comment in a context, the person whom I was replying claimed that first class monarchs were inferior to LG chairmen because of chairmen paid their "salaries". I showed an example of an "LG chairman" paying the "salary" of a monarch whom is clearly not inferior to the "LG chairman"

I really wonder if you guys do have brains. It is as if I were talking to teenagers here.
mr man show something for schooling in Europe,England is not Nigeria or do they have president there and is there no difference between a president and a prime minister?.you have people telling you the right thing and you feel you know better than everyone.stop making a fool of your self abeg,you have people telling you what’s obtainable here and instead of making your findings,you are talking about colonial days that you never even withnessed.if you choose not to learn then it’s your personal problem,you don’t start insulting people.oba is not a civil servant but the governor can install or dethrone one,what does that mean to you?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 1:55am On Apr 28, 2023
All the uneducated fools of Nairaland have decided to troll me today.
They know they are uneducated, but somehow they still believe they are smarter.
A fool may know many things, but knowing that he is a fool is not one of those things.

Just so you know guys, in terms of academic rankings, I could easily be your teacher.

Re: Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 2:03am On Apr 28, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Graphic Photos Of Red Cross Worker Killed In The Military Accidental Jet Strike / Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) / Tinubu Visits Ogbonnaya Onu After Defeating Him At The APC Primary (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.