Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? (44585 Views)

Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? / What's The Best Gift You've Ever Received Either From Family Or Friends? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by WantsandMore: 8:50am On Apr 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I no follow at all. Are you saying that if a court orders a person to pay, the person can still get away with no paying the debt? undecided
yes, there's an argument that the fundamental human rights of any person supercedes any & all agreement. Lol...I don't know of this has ever held in court though.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Kobojunkie: 8:52am On Apr 29, 2023
WantsandMore:
yes, there's an argument that the fundamental human rights of any person supercedes any & all agreement. Lol...I don't know of this has ever held in court though.
The fundamental human right of the borrower supercedes the fundamental human rigut of the lender? undecided
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 8:53am On Apr 29, 2023
folake4u:
I generally do not lend people money. I'd rather dash. But if you use your own mouth to say I should lend you money or whatever, I must take it back. I am not going to be the bigger person, I will go lower than the devil as I can be very ruthless.

Recently, this love interest asked for funds and clearly gave a deadline for return. The deadline had passed and he kept avoiding convo about the money, until this week's Tuesday that I had his time. I texted him about it and the werey even had the audacity to tell me to dash him. Nor be you go tell me wetin I go do.

He clearly wanted to use emotional blackmail but he met the wrong person to use that on.

I don't even care whether he takes me seriously or not. I hate it when people don't stand by their words. It's a behaviour I particularly find irritating and cannot stand.

Praise be to Jesus, and Our Heavenly Father, I collected my money COMPLETE. grin
You did very well I'm I'm very proud of you grin
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by OmayieHenry(m): 8:54am On Apr 29, 2023
Evestar200:

grin grin grin

Does he based in Port Harcourt?

Because the person I lend money to is also Ikechukwu

James Nwaka Ikechukwu.

Bros we have both been scammed na the guy. He is a crrook
Na him phone be this. Funny thing is I don't personally know that crook. He has patronised me online on serval occasions and he came up with one big lie that he is currently in lagos to buy goods that his money finish and need money to pay tp and transport the goods to warri. That's the end Till today
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Klass99(f): 8:55am On Apr 29, 2023
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by WantsandMore: 8:58am On Apr 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The fundamental human right of the borrower supercedes the fundamental human rigut of the lender? undecided
to the extent where coercion cannot be used as a legal means to take back your money. Yep
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Kobojunkie: 9:00am On Apr 29, 2023
WantsandMore:
β–  to the extent where coercion cannot be used as a legal means to take back your money. Yep
1. The borrower agreed to the terms set at the time the loan was paid out. How coercion come enter when it comes time to pay up? undecided
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by WantsandMore: 9:01am On Apr 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The borrower agreed to the terms set at the time the loan was paid out. How coercion come enter when it comes time to pay up? undecided
when they are unable to pay as at when due nah. You can't coerce but rather renegotiate or sth.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by gbagyiza: 9:02am On Apr 29, 2023
[quote author=Evestar200 post=122804108]This one is from my childhood friend.

This person begged me to send this money to him in 2015 because he is stranded in Borno and doesn't have anything on him to transport himself to Port Harcourt.

As a good person then, I managed to send him from the little one I have even when I was struggling then.

I reminded him in 2021 when I was sick and in need of money to buy drugs but this is what I get back for being kind.

He didn't pay and blocked me last year.

The other person I lend paid half of the money and the other half is history πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

Some people are wicked, Imagine someone I lend 20k on Monday is asking me to send her my account number so that she can send me back my money while some people don't want you to even remind them not to talk about requesting back the money you lend them.

You have shown him kindness n he chosed to pay you back in this manner. Thats humans for you. Cheer up! Life has a way of settling some issues.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Kobojunkie: 9:03am On Apr 29, 2023
WantsandMore:
β–  when they are unable to pay as at when due nah. You can't coerce but rather renegotiate or sth.
1. The borrower agreed to the term, and then did not stick to terms he agreed to. You take him to caught for breaking the agreement he made. What part of that amounts to coercion? undecided
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by WantsandMore: 9:05am On Apr 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The borrower agreed to the term, and then did not stick to terms he agreed to. You take him to caught for breaking the agreement he made. What part of that amounts to coercion? undecided
No you r right, it doesn't but if they insist they're unable to pay, what do you think the court will do next? The court is required to protect their human right as much they're meant to protect your interests.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by BusterG: 9:08am On Apr 29, 2023
IgbosNIGHTMARE:

Pay your creditors nΔ«gga!
Don't be an unrepentant debtor.
I hate debt and detest ungrateful debtors who refused to pay back as and when due, IRRESPECTIVE OF YOUR EXCUSES.

You obviously didn't get my point, all those Twitter rats typing crap and capping nonsense are owing pple too...

Who are all the loan sharks pursuing up and down

So what's the point?

Loans are meant to be repayed as at when due however the lender too should take precautions cos Nigerians are largely pretenders and ungrateful set of people even the so called well to do rich ones too.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by olamike02: 9:12am On Apr 29, 2023
My rule is that the money I can't forget I don't borrow you.
In fact when my subordinates come to borrow money I just give them what I can afford. That is it.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Kobojunkie: 9:14am On Apr 29, 2023
WantsandMore:
No you r right, it doesn't but if they insist they're unable to pay, what do you think the court will do next? The court is required to protect their human right as much they're meant to protect your interests.
Well, that right is preserved even when a jail term is recommended by the court as punishment for crime committed. So no biggie! lipsrsealed
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Emmanuel30a: 9:23am On Apr 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
When you lend folks money make sure you get each to sign a promissory note stating when and how the money will be paid back so should any of them throw this kind of surprise at you, you can easily take them to court to get your money back. undecided

Also, consider requesting post dated check for each future payment to be made by the borrower as additional insurance.
Kobojunkie..., you mentioned promissory,etc; what of statutory, "permissory", "emissory/emistory", "remmissory/remistory",etc; from "The Emissary&or Missionary Dignitary...", etc; (dat goes/do goes to seminary, or the one dat don't go to seminary, let alone go/do go or use to go to the sanctuary or a sanctuary...from January to what...? February...?...) 2 avoid story story dat touches d heart, like threestory/superstory, etc... Some would/may even go 2 registry or a registry...,etc; 2 agree...&disagree?... "I/we", etc; won't agree 2 disagree like those people from "Ile Kosigiri" tiwon ribi tangiri...

1 Like

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Ashirioluwa: 9:25am On Apr 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
When you lend folks money make sure you get each to sign a promissory note stating when and how the money will be paid back so should any of them throw this kind of surprise at you, you can easily take them to court to get your money back. undecided

Also, consider requesting post dated check for each future payment to be made by the borrower as additional insurance.

Collecting the borrower's post-dated cheque does not guarantee payment. This is Naija bro.

The best thing to do is β€œdon’t loan money to anyone”. Let them go to banks to borrow money. If you’re able, then dash them whatever you know you can afford as a gift.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by WantsandMore: 9:31am On Apr 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Well, that right is preserved even when a jail term is recommended by the court as punishment for crime committed. So no biggie! lipsrsealed
lol...that'll greatly depend on the context of the case at hand & of course their defense.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Pastoshizzy(m): 10:01am On Apr 29, 2023
kisslooney tune.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by BarrElChapo(m): 10:24am On Apr 29, 2023
Johnn87:

It was classified as informal loan for the very fact that that the loan was doled out without security/collateral, based on friendship trust that ur friend will pay back 30k loaned out. Other features of bros abeg loan classified as informal, in contrast to formal loan or even those classified as semiformal, involves absence/lack of any official agreement Documents signed by both parties and no guarantor forms signed. No contract signed. No guarantor/indemnity or collateral. The very classification of such a loan as informal loan makes it non legally binding. Dey play😏😏The law does not jail such a debtor, rather sets a repayment schedule at a rate the debtor can afford.

The law !! 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣 it seems you did or a doing law of contract as a borrowed course in the university ?
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Jokkarm2: 10:30am On Apr 29, 2023
let him pay since he does not know the difference between loan and dash. he should pay and stop that nonsense mentality.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Octopusssy(f): 10:45am On Apr 29, 2023
Tenrack:
You did very very very well babe. It is okay to be petty when the other i.diot wants to be racing mad. smiley

I swear you be like me. E sweet me for belle. People wicked come stupid on top.
I use the money buy gas. 5k is chicken feed and to be sincere, I had already let it go without prejudice. I just decided to be petty since he chose to be unfortunate
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Octopusssy(f): 10:46am On Apr 29, 2023
IgbosNIGHTMARE:

I owes you more
5k in 2019 is about 11k in value now
Shey? The guy is just an ass
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by delishpot: 10:53am On Apr 29, 2023
Zonefree:
Omo, if you ask me to borrow you 10k, I'll send you 5k and I'll never ask you for the money. That way, I know you'll never demand for another loan cos you're still with my 5k. Life na wisdom.

You never jam the people that can take your kindness for foolishness. To them it's like you are too stupid so they want to chop as much as your stupidity lasts. They will come back reminding you how they still didn't get the #10k that time hence the need for another round of borrowing.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Octopusssy(f): 10:53am On Apr 29, 2023
Edusouls:
women una be one kind human beings, a complete reverse of a man, so 5k na im u still get mind they demand since 4 years, because una get political argument, Kai a living person no fit chop una money, una strong no be small

1 Like

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by WhereMyLoud: 10:56am On Apr 29, 2023
Evestar200:
This one is from my childhood friend.

This person begged me to send this money to him in 2015 because he is stranded in Borno and doesn't have anything on him to transport himself to Port Harcourt.

As a good person then, I managed to send him from the little one I have even when I was struggling then.

I reminded him in 2021 when I was sick and in need of money to buy drugs but this is what I get back for being kind.

He didn't pay and blocked me last year.

The other person I lend paid half of the money and the other half is history πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

Some people are wicked, Imagine someone I lend 20k on Monday is asking me to send her my account number so that she can send me back my money while some people don't want you to even remind them not to talk about requesting back the money you lend them.

Life.
Lol.. why did you post our chat here..

Just kidding.. Na once the person call you "young woman"

E no know say you young before e beg you 7k. Human beings.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by HughWilliams: 11:06am On Apr 29, 2023
OmayieHenry:

Bros.. I know this person because he has also borrowed from me. That's the same format he uses
This is his name. James Nwaka Ikechukwu.
Phone number 08035440203
Abeg nairaland people help me call the chronic debtor to pay me back my money

Hello, has he paid you back? If no, can you send your account details?
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by delishpot: 11:08am On Apr 29, 2023
Iriruaga100:

Idiot do the Canada visa for all your family members.

Lol, he said no down payment apart from initial embassy fees and documents processing fee 😁😁. Na that be the koko na. Those are the small chopings they are after.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by poshestmina(f): 11:22am On Apr 29, 2023
WantsandMore:
Bro no try sha, I hope he makes it up to you.

Lol ,yes oh.
I use am collect Pounds ,but I still remind him if we're teasing each other.I told him I must do it to one of his kids.

1 Like

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by WantsandMore: 11:29am On Apr 29, 2023
poshestmina:

Lol ,yes oh.
I use am collect Pounds ,but I still remind him if we're teasing each other.I told him I must do it to one of his kids.
grin cheesy..naughty geh
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by kelspinall(m): 11:32am On Apr 29, 2023
2021 December i bought a football trainers for 4k and some morafuca called me that he need one and my mistake at first place was i didn't check the size very well,so i told the morafuca "i have one and am not using it lets say is now second hand don't mind giving it with a discount " nigga said ok that ones he sees it and like it that money is not a problem, i gave it to to my kid bro since I ain't traveling,mf called me from 25th-28 telling me he's yet to receive it and i was asking my bro why and my lil bro was confused.he couldn't find it where he packed it.29th mf stopped calling,one 3rd 2022 i came back to family house and couldn't find the boot,called mom and she told me that they already gave him(mf) the boot and i was shocked cause this mf have been calling until he got what he wanted...called the mf,chat him up and he was snubbing me and giving anyhow reply till he no longer reply both calls and messages..omo thats how i lost 4k and my boot wey i never used more than 3 times... people deyoo...till today i never heard from him...

story plenty but may I drop here...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Tenrack: 11:54am On Apr 29, 2023
Octopusssy:

I use the money buy gas. 5k is chicken feed and to be sincere, I had already let it go without prejudice. I just decided to be petty since he chose to be unfortunate
lol. You did absolutely well. At least the gas go take you for like a month. angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Man Logs In For His Virtual Court Divorce Proceedings While In Bed With His Wife / My Husband Starves Me Of Sex – Woman Tells Court / My Wife Of About 4 Years Blames Me After I Caught Her Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.