Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? (44715 Views)

Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? / What's The Best Gift You've Ever Received Either From Family Or Friends? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Evestar200(f): 7:52am On Apr 29, 2023
miqos02:

Are you a micro finance bank ?
Ask me oo grin grin.

But is nice to be good, is just wicked people take advantage of it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by sylve11: 7:52am On Apr 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Maybe you shouldn't lend to anyone who does not have a bank accounts and a check book. Even high school kids here know what those are. undecided

As a traveler, I come across different types of people. grin cool
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Evestar200(f): 7:53am On Apr 29, 2023
oyaaa:
Omo e talk say “ you’ve just cross the line young woman” that got me laughing real bad 😂😂😂😂. On top ur own money
I didn't even respond after he said grin grin, he viewed my status after some months and blocked me on WhatsApp
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Evestar200(f): 7:56am On Apr 29, 2023
smasher1:

From this text you may need to limit borrowing people money. This is an entitlement mentality and very wicked. This type of people doesn't deserve mercy.

I got that one on Twitter, and it makes me remember what happened to me which is the second story I shared.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by qtguru(m): 7:56am On Apr 29, 2023
Evestar200:
Have you ever lend money to someone and when is time for them to pay they will tell you or do something that will make you regret ever helping them?

Share your stories.

Depends on the amount
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by flexyrule(m): 7:57am On Apr 29, 2023
Evestar200:
This one is from my childhood friend.

This person begged me to send this money to him in 2015 because he is stranded in Borno and doesn't have anything on him to transport himself to Port Harcourt.

As a good person then, I managed to send him from the little one I have even when I was struggling then.

I reminded him in 2021 when I was sick and in need of money to buy drugs but this is what I get back for being kind.

He didn't pay and blocked me last year.

The other person I lend paid half of the money and the other half is history 😂😂😂😂.

Some people are wicked, Imagine someone I lend 20k on Monday is asking me to send her my account number so that she can send me back my money while some people don't want you to even remind them not to talk about requesting back the money you lend them.

Life.
This one Na Soilder. How u sef go borrow Soilder money?
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by alllivesmatter(m): 7:58am On Apr 29, 2023
folake4u:

Don't even make a mistake oh. I wasn't lucky, no be everybody them go try that nonsense on oh.

My parents lend people money a lot and those ones won't pay. My folks will leave them in the hands of God and be praying that God touch their heart to pay back. Certainly not me.

There was one that was owing my Mum 100k for more than 6 months. Na me go the woman shop go collect the money by myself. At first, I was calm and gentle and pleaded with her to pay cos it was due but she insulted me. Na that time my craze activate. I insulted her back and she was shocked. Nobody told her to go inside and bring out the money and give me.

Sometimes I don't even blame these Palmpay agents oh. Some Nigerians aren't credit worthy until you use force on them.

I feel so good hearing you insulted her back. Seniors do not have the monopoly of insult abegggg

3 Likes

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Evestar200(f): 7:59am On Apr 29, 2023
OmayieHenry:

Bros.. I know this person because he has also borrowed from me. That's the same format he uses

grin grin grin

Does he based in Port Harcourt?

Because the person I lend money to is also Ikechukwu
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by alllivesmatter(m): 8:04am On Apr 29, 2023
Rick9:
I don't lend huge amounts of money, but very little, and woe betide you if you don't pay it back. I wouldn't even ask you or disturb you about it. I would simply wait for the day you would so badly need my help. Believe me, I wouldn't flinch or give an ear to your plea.

Two female friends currently owing 10k each. They're friends though but I didn't dash them the money. I lent them. I asked one thrice, even told her money was meant for my mum's medical checkup. I got nothing. I asked the other once. She said she'll pay up, 5 months later, nothing. I had long resolved not to ask them no more... because, as long as I'm alive by the Grace of God, you can never ever ask me for financial assistance anymore. If you do, you're giving me the ticket to insult you down straight to your marrow. I had already paid you off my life...I bought off the future stress since...

2 Likes

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by flexyrule(m): 8:04am On Apr 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. While some others are just very gullible and never learn from their past mistakes. undecided
Gullible?

You don't let a bad experience from one person make you write off your entire friends.

Amo g your friends, there must definitely be some good ones. If all your friends are bad eggs, then you too are probably one.

Last week I had an accident with my official car. I needed to get it fixed before the return of work on Tuesday and I was very low on cash.

I reached out to just 3 friends a d within 24 hours, I had close to half a million naira in my account.

That doesn't mean I haven't been bitten by bad grinds before. My own experience sef is worse that what I'm seeing here.

But that didn't make me to stop helping my friends.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 8:05am On Apr 29, 2023
Octopusssy:
Story of my life. However, I make exceptions. There is one who I lent 5k in 2019 and he promised to pay. When it was time for repayment, he claimed he was robbed on his way to Shiloh.

in my heart I was like "Story don enter. Toh, no wahala" and mentally wrote off the debt. Fast-forward to April 2023, young nigga is now a ultra Peter Obi supporter and when I voiced out my unwavering admiration for Wole Soyinka despite his declaration that the 'Obidient movement' was toxic, he started throwing shades and insults at me on his FB page.

Since we want to be mad, let us all be mad together and scatter everything.

I went to our WhatsApp conversation, took a screenshot of his loan request from four years ago and sent to him with the message "pay up nigga. You cannot be insulting me online and still be owing gbese on top." I also dropped my account details.

Thank God the odofion has small shame because he transferred it to me in a flash. We now proceeded to block each other left, right and center. Na so friendship of almost 9 years end.

Wetin be my own? I am not Jesus, I am Octopusssy and I can be very petty when I want to be. Mscheeeew
He owes you more
5k in 2019 is about 11k in value now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Kobojunkie: 8:08am On Apr 29, 2023
flexyrule:
■ Gullible?
You don't let a bad experience from one person make you write off your entire friends. Amo g your friends, there must definitely be some good ones. If all your friends are bad eggs, then you too are probably one.
Last week I had an accident with my official car. I needed to get it fixed before the return of work on Tuesday and I was very low on cash. I reached out to just 3 friends a d within 24 hours, I had close to half a million naira in my account. That doesn't mean I haven't been bitten by bad grinds before. My own experience sef is worse that what I'm seeing here. But that didn't make me to stop helping my friends.
1. I am not in anyway suggesting that bad experiences keep one from lending and expecting all that money paid back. Rather, my suggestion is that lenders stop leaving themselves unnecessarily exposed when their are ways they can use the law to reduce risk of non repayment by borrowers. . undecided
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Kobojunkie: 8:10am On Apr 29, 2023
sylve11:
■ As a traveler, I come across different types of people. grin cool
1. We live in 2023. If, for instance, you no get cellphone or at least landline for house, I no fit do business with you. It is that simple for me. There are somethings that I shouldn't have to start messing about with in this day and age. grin
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Edusouls(m): 8:11am On Apr 29, 2023
Octopusssy:
Story of my life. However, I make exceptions. There is one who I lent 5k in 2019 and he promised to pay. When it was time for repayment, he claimed he was robbed on his way to Shiloh.

in my heart I was like "Story don enter. Toh, no wahala" and mentally wrote off the debt. Fast-forward to April 2023, young nigga is now a ultra Peter Obi supporter and when I voiced out my unwavering admiration for Wole Soyinka despite his declaration that the 'Obidient movement' was toxic, he started throwing shades and insults at me on his FB page.

Since we want to be mad, let us all be mad together and scatter everything.

I went to our WhatsApp conversation, took a screenshot of his loan request from four years ago and sent to him with the message "pay up nigga. You cannot be insulting me online and still be owing gbese on top." I also dropped my account details.

Thank God the odofion has small shame because he transferred it to me in a flash. We now proceeded to block each other left, right and center. Na so friendship of almost 9 years end.

Wetin be my own? I am not Jesus, I am Octopusssy and I can be very petty when I want to be. Mscheeeew
women una be one kind human beings, a complete reverse of a man, so 5k na im u still get mind they demand since 4 years, because una get political argument, Kai a living person no fit chop una money, una strong no be small
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 8:11am On Apr 29, 2023
BusterG:
Funny...

All the people typing plenty stories and forming rich still dey owe.

Dangote dey owe.

Otedollar dey owe.

Nigeria sef dey owe.

The only thing I will NOT AGREE to is insulting your lender.

Lastly before you start CRYING.............
DON'T lend out what you CANNOT afford to loose.

I smell a chronic debtor...

3 Likes

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by PDJT: 8:13am On Apr 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. You can equally help and support people while taking less risks yourself. There is nothing less helpful or less supporting, for example, about insisting the borrower signs a promissory note in addition to submitting post dated check as insurance. As a matter of fact, by ensuring risk on your end is reduced, you help keep the borrower responsible and discipline in his use and repayment of borrowed funds. undecided

When the lender is so relaxed about the risks of non payment, what incentive or reason exists for the borrower to put in the effort necessary to ensure payment of the loan? Na we dey feed all these bad culture by our own refusal to do better abeg! undecided

-Anyway, lessons learnt, I have since stopped being a "lender". What solidified my new approach was the last incident when I imported laptops for a friend in that line of business to sale in Lagos, but that one too failed. He atleast gave an excuse of having to sort out the health of one of his family members who was very ill at the time. Though that his family member eventually passed away unfortunately. But I have forgiven him, but not forgotten.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 8:15am On Apr 29, 2023
Samantha124:
No, I haven't.

Knowing myself, I'd have probably involved the law to take its cause if the person didn't pay.

I don't have time for games and I don't care if you're my family or friend... Once the time is overdue, you'll be served with summons to appear in court.
Yẹyẹ
Una too dey talk rubbish online.
I wonder how some of you people's brain work.
So if you borrow someone 10k, you'll take the person to court or you too dey form Dangote?
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Adesolomon2014(m): 8:19am On Apr 29, 2023
After learning my lesson even from family, U need my financial help, I introduce you to palmpay or other lending app....
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 29, 2023
Do you even know what legal aid is
IgbosNIGHTMARE:

Yẹyẹ
Una too dey talk rubbish online.
I wonder how some of you people's brain work.
So if you borrow someone 10k, you'll take the person to court or you too dey form Dangote?

1 Like

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Kobojunkie: 8:23am On Apr 29, 2023
PDJT:
■ -Anyway, lessons learnt, I have since stopped being a "lender". What solidified my new approach was the last incident when I imported laptops for a friend in that line of business to sale in Lagos, but that one too failed. He atleast gave an excuse of having to sort out the health of one of his family members who was very ill at the time. Though that his family member eventually passed away unfortunately. But I have forgiven him, but not forgotten.
No need to give up lending to those who you can and no need not to expect to get every penny back when you do. That, I guess, is what I am instead saying. The law provides lenders ways to pretty much guarantee repayment if they are willing to do things the right back and deal tactfully with the borrower. undecided
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by BusterG: 8:25am On Apr 29, 2023
IgbosNIGHTMARE:

I smell a chronic debtor...

I smell a hypocrite.....

All of you owing Palmpay, Fairmoney, etc. Are you not all Nigerians again?

SMH.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Bluntemperor: 8:31am On Apr 29, 2023
texannaija:
I no fit borrow person wetin I no fit dash the person…..

The problems with us is that we don't defined limit!
For you to borrow,you must know that such fund/money might not come back handy and all you need to do is - considered every Money you borrowed someone as a loss and never looked forward to receiving it back.But if it comes back,ok.
That is how to have peace of mind!
Why do you think Financial Sector ( Banks, Insurance,etc , always have Provisions for Debt or even Bad Debts?
Do you know how many Big Politicians in Nigeria is owing Nigeria - with heavy laden?
What about Big Corporate Institutions like MIDAS,owing Federal Govt or State Apparatus?
I beg,you know fill kill debtors o!
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Truthshscrazy: 8:35am On Apr 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Are businesses allowed to ask for a kidney as collateral then? grin

grin grin "No but They are allowed to ask for pint of Blood " 😲 like the infamous merchant of Venice grin semi-formal loan case narrated By Shakespeare.

Seriously tho,kidney collateral is a No (unless na ritualists stuff 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 grin) coz last time l checked, the official house documents,official company documents, school certificates, original land C/Os, and other tangible seizable assets often used as C.O.L.L.A.T.E.R.AL, are Immediately Relinquished/submitted to formal Business Lender,b4 the loan is ever given out in the first instance,

to be returned back to indebted owner only whenever loan is repaid or the Asset/property will officially be eventually, physically Repossesed in case of defaltment. As was the case with the late Sani Dangote whose Dansa Foods company was seized by AMCON over a 5billion loan defaultment from Union Bank. Documents for Dansa Foods official have to be submitted immediately at the time of loan collecting,for Dansa Foods to be considered security/ Collateral.

( "Not a fvcking promissory note to give Dansa foods in future, but immedietely submitting all relevant Dansa foods documents immediately to lender, b4 loan is ever coughed out. ))
Senate recently even passed a bill empowering AMCON to seize other assets not even submitted as Collateral in obtaining the loan. So long as its a formal legally binding legitimate loan.[i] Eg say Car documents submitted as collateral at time of loan. And Car burnt beyind recognition in an accident.
But debtor has other assets equivalent to loan.

[/i] Some Business lenders, have structured agreement with debtor employer forAutomatic deduction scheme b4 salary paid out ///freeze all Bank accounts halt all transactions in case of defaultment 🤔 (which one we go come classify loan apps,😂 insult defaulter to all contacts list 🤣🤣🤣🤣😅)
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 8:37am On Apr 29, 2023
BusterG:

I smell a hypocrite.....

All of you owing Palmpay, Fairmoney, etc. Are you not all Nigerians again?

SMH.
Pay your creditors nīgga!
Don't be an unrepentant debtor.
I hate debt and detest ungrateful debtors who refused to pay back as and when due, IRRESPECTIVE OF YOUR EXCUSES.

1 Like

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Philip4564(m): 8:38am On Apr 29, 2023
ednut1:
These days no matter the sob story i no dey listen. Things are tight is my default response. A useless friend of mine wey I borrow 50k 5 years ago, refused to pay then I found out he use am run photoshot for his child's birthday. Kunle ko ni da fun e .
Na child na no be side chick grin grin
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Johnn87: 8:43am On Apr 29, 2023
BarrElChapo:

You think all contracts must be formal to be binding abi 😀, dey play 😏😏
It was classified as informal loan for the very fact that that the loan was doled out without security/collateral, based on friendship trust that ur friend will pay back 30k loaned out. Other features of bros abeg loan classified as informal, in contrast to formal loan or even those classified as semiformal, involves absence/lack of any official agreement Documents signed by both parties and no guarantor forms signed. No contract signed. No guarantor/indemnity or collateral. The very classification of such a loan as informal loan makes it non legally binding. Dey play😏😏 The law does not jail such a debtor, rather sets a repayment schedule at a rate the debtor can afford.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 8:43am On Apr 29, 2023
jubrilELsudan:
NA PERSON WEY GET KUKUNASE I DEY BORROW MONEY CAUSE IF SHE CAN'T PAY ME BACK IN CASH...SHE WILL SURELY PAY ME BACK IN KIND

EVEN MY LANDLORD WIFE WEY I BORROW 100K.....I STILL FVCK HER CAUSE SHE NO GET THE MONEY TO PAY ME BACK AND SHE NO WANT MY LANDLORD TO KNOW SEY SHE BORROW MONEY FROM MY HAND

SHE STILL DEY OWE ME 6 FVCKS CAUSE NA 10K WE AGREE PER FVCK TILL I FVCK THE MONEY WEY I BORROW HER FINISH
Wow
I now know why your father angrily moved you people and your mom out of that rented apartment when you were a kid... cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by WantsandMore: 8:47am On Apr 29, 2023
poshestmina:
My elder Brother taught me this lesson at a very early stage.

I was dividing my Transport/lunch money and was keeping half with him when I was still in primary school because I wanted to get one storybook like that ,time reach ,he 'changed' it for me ,beat join sef .

That was my first 'financial shege' and it stuck!!!!.

Any money I give to family or friends na dash or under probability ( If I see am,if I no see am).

I'd rather just give anything I can afford (except it's a serious medical issue),or better still, take them to take loans and No,I won't be the guarantor.

Bro no try sha, I hope he makes it up to you.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 8:48am On Apr 29, 2023
123readygo:
Hmmmmmmm

Over a decade ago my school son’s little sister called me that she needed 20k for her project and defense. She promised to pay back in two months. I called her after three months when I didn’t hear from her but I got the shock of my life. She asked me why I’m disturbing her with calls just because of ordinary 20k.
If you didn't teach her a hard life lesson for being that ungrateful Bastard, then you're part of the problem of this world. PEOPLE NEED TO BE FORCED TO TAKE ACCOUNTABILITY FOR THEIR ACTION.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 8:50am On Apr 29, 2023
danielistics:
Most of the posters on this thread don't know the difference between borrow and lend, smh. When you borrow from someone you are obligated to pay back but you lend out money to someone so the person will pay you back.
Stop saying rubbish!
Both is still the same when it comes to money.

Lend' means to give something to someone to be used for a period of time and then returned. 'Borrow' means to take and use something that belongs to someone else for a period of time and then return it. The person lending something owns it and is letting someone else use it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nigerian Boy Pranks His Parents With A Fake Snake(Hilarious Video) / My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. / My Wife Of About 4 Years Blames Me After I Caught Her Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.