Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? (44573 Views)

Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? / What's The Best Gift You've Ever Received Either From Family Or Friends? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Passionate1(m): 11:58am On Apr 29, 2023
If you want to improve your memory, lend someone Money. . . . .
African proverb

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by PDJT: 12:09pm On Apr 29, 2023
Klass99:

I legit felt bad for you because that's a substantial sum of money to just lose like that and I know what it feels like when someone owes me even 10k and they want to play games.

PDJT said he mellowed and left the money due to wifey's intervention 🤣. You are a biggie na (big boy) too much money is worrying you. Dude never even gave you a reason, na wao. There's a prevalent assumption that women don't repay loans, but I have found that it is mostly men who do this.

All my female friends (including I) repay loans we take from each other but it is the male ones that give me headache and want to play me in circles. I have since figured out which ones to ignore and which ones have integrity.

-Well, am a small millionaire in terms of the worthless Naira, but am neither rich or a "big boy".

-As per lending; I guess women don't have any choice than to pay back what they borrowed from their fellow women. What else can they offer you in return. cheesy
-But when they borrow from a man, that's another story. My biggest borrower till date remains my first year University girlfriend. She can borrow for Africa but doesn't pay back, all her defence is that she was always "available" for me during those times, if you know what I mean. Some women, I guess, always tend to expect to pay loan back to men in kind. Maybe, you can ask your male borrowers to do the same... 🏃‍♂️ runz outta thread cheesy
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:20pm On Apr 29, 2023
grin grin grin grin They fit each other.

Trickster meets trickster perfect combination grin grin

1Sharon:

Lmao.. those loan apps crack me up. Most of them are owned by Chinese or Indians. I heard what they do is even illegal but the average nigerian is not a Saint himself and needs that iron hand to act right.

Once they don't pay, the next thing is to embarrass the debtor by telling their contacts they have HIV.. lool

1 Like

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by nizelgirl(f): 1:07pm On Apr 29, 2023
I have been in this situation several times. This days I'm very careful before I give out money to people. One of the most painful ones I can remember is when I borrowed a friend money when she put to birth. She refused to pay back even when I lost my dad I was begging her to pay but she still refused.

4 Likes

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 1:31pm On Apr 29, 2023
1Sharon:

The people that borrow money and don't pay back are here in this thread, they gone be too scared to comment
You lie not.

Most of us are hypocritical, not that I'm anyway better but if I not fit afford am and the thing no really dey important to me, I dey avoid am, e get why.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by lalalista: 1:32pm On Apr 29, 2023
as soon as i told my friend that i have about 800k , she started borrowing money from me up and down. shishi i no gree give because i know her type. now shes asking me to loan her 500k to start a business.

4 Likes

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 1:33pm On Apr 29, 2023
Passionate1:
If you want to improve your memory, lend someone Money. . . . .
African proverb
LOL!
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Kung: 1:33pm On Apr 29, 2023
borrow me 5k boss
Zonefree:
Omo, if you ask me to borrow you 10k, I'll send you 5k and I'll never ask you for the money. That way, I know you'll never demand for another loan cos you're still with my 5k. Life na wisdom.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Kobicove(m): 1:59pm On Apr 29, 2023
Evestar200:
I don't delete my chats. Because I might need in the future as evidence.

I also do not delete old chats
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by rafcrown(m): 2:26pm On Apr 29, 2023
People cant distinguish between dash or give me money and lend me money.
People also believe that they are
ENTITLED TO your money.Domestic workers ,friends, relatives believe you need no money but to give them.

2 Likes

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by jubrilELsudan: 2:40pm On Apr 29, 2023
IgbosNIGHTMARE:

Wow
I now know why your father angrily moved you people and your mom out of that rented apartment when you were a kid... cry

ODE .....YA MAMA WEY I DEY FVCK FOR THE MONEY WEY I BORROW HER DEY COMPLAIN?

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Kobojunkie: 3:17pm On Apr 29, 2023
WantsandMore:
lol...that'll greatly depend on the context of the case at hand & of course their defense.
You want so much to manufacture context but there is only one to this and that is debt collection and the right of the one owed to collect that owed him by another human being. undecided
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Kobojunkie: 3:18pm On Apr 29, 2023
Ashirioluwa:
■ Collecting the borrower's post-dated cheque does not guarantee payment. This is Naija bro.
■ The best thing to do is “don’t loan money to anyone”. Let them go to banks to borrow money. If you’re able, then dash them whatever you know you can afford as a gift.
1. Stop making these excuses and start using your own law to your benefit. These laws work well for both small and big businesses. And if you do this you help discipline your family and friends by making them realize that everyone is meant to keep the law for the betterment of self and others. undecided

Avoidance is never the right solution to any problem. undecided

1 Like

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Evidenx(m): 3:35pm On Apr 29, 2023
SeriouslySense:
Hmm, i dont give, if i know they are playing games and they dont need it, but are looking for who they think has excess money, i will rather go and visit those who are sick in the hospital, than to be a bank for raising capital.

Let them go to loan apps and try and trick them and suffer the consequences and disgrace grin grin grin grin
Is better to give the those who are suffering than to give those who think they are extremely smart and sharp

No wonder the loan apps are dealing with them cool cool cool, they never had any intention to pay, is that how businesses' survive.

grin grin grin yes I give to those I know who doesn't have not the ones claiming sharp guy. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 4:04pm On Apr 29, 2023
jubrilELsudan:

ODE .....YA MAMA WEY I DEY FVCK FOR THE MONEY WEY I BORROW HER DEY COMPLAIN?
Lol
Dis one think say every mother be like the useless, ugly old hag wey bornam grin
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by 1Sharon(f): 5:09pm On Apr 29, 2023
NamelessOGBENI:

You lie not.

Most of us are hypocritical, not that I'm anyway better but if I not fit afford am and the thing no really dey important to me, I dey avoid am, e get why.

So why isn't it important to you
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by WhiteLavender(f): 5:24pm On Apr 29, 2023
IgbosNIGHTMARE:

Stop saying rubbish!
Both is still the same when it comes to money.

Lend' means to give something to someone to be used for a period of time and then returned. 'Borrow' means to take and use something that belongs to someone else for a period of time and then return it. The person lending something owns it and is letting someone else use it.
How is what you explained different from that of the person you're replying?
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by armyofone(m): 5:33pm On Apr 29, 2023
Gave someone large amounts to sort some serious money issues. Promised to pay back.
Never did.
Three years later came asking for another set of money. I snapped shot the last one and the promised to pay convo and un-replied msg about the money.

Toh! come see excuses and the usual Nigeria insult grin

3 Likes

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Kobojunkie: 5:59pm On Apr 29, 2023
armyofone:
Gave someone large amounts to sort some serious money issues. Promised to pay back.
Never did.
Three years later came asking for another set of money. I snapped shot the last one and the promised to pay convo and un-replied msg about the money. Toh! come see excuses and the usual Nigeria insult grin
ROFLMAO
cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

If say you take that person go court for non-payment the first time, the person no go fit get mouth to insult you like that on top your own money. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 6:00pm On Apr 29, 2023
WhiteLavender:

How is what you explained different from that of the person you're replying?
If brain or sense is not paining you, you'll see the clear difference.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by WhiteLavender(f): 6:07pm On Apr 29, 2023
IgbosNIGHTMARE:

If brain or sense is not paining you, you'll see the clear difference.
Hope all is well with you.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by armyofone(m): 6:22pm On Apr 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
ROFLMAO
cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

If say you take that person go court for non-payment the first time, the person no go fit get mouth to insult you like that on top your own money. undecided

Nigerians are expert of doling out insult grin grin

Doing good, helping and being philanthropic is something else with fellow brothers and sisters/ friends in Nigeria.
You just count losses, cut ties and move on.
Was planning that once the money is returned, will call and give it back to the person.

Nigerian receivers of money from others should strive to do better and be nice to the giver.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by OvertheTop(m): 6:43pm On Apr 29, 2023
Evidenx:
Whenever I borrow people money,I discovered it always turn out bad when I want it back, even as far as loosing some friends,so God gave me wisdom to deal with the situation,if for instance you ask me me to borrow you 10k, I will cut it into half,send you 5k and I will tell you, I didn't borrow you the money but a gift from me and that u should find a way to complete it and use it for what you want. That way I have peace of mind and I don't loose friends again.

When you say the Bolded, you have just given the person a Ticket to come back and Borrow Again.

What you should do is:
Have intentions to dash him....But tell him 5k is all you have available to borrow him and even set a date for the refund
BUT never ask for it.....

He will never come back to borrow from you again...Because he knows he Owes you 5k before.

That is the Logic

1 Like

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by penultimatee(m): 7:32pm On Apr 29, 2023
Yes,imagine borrowed someone money, and she still arrest me on top of my money, and some stupid officer want to be taking side with her maybe because of pussy or she used to sell for them on credit. Until I change it for them, they later begged me.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Pegi23(f): 7:40pm On Apr 29, 2023
Yea. Have someone 500k and she did not pay back rather spoiling my name behind my back Saying I’m bigger than that. Well I am but na borrow I borrow I no dash am.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Signum(f): 9:21pm On Apr 29, 2023
If I talk my own experience, all of you will start crying 4me

1 Like

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Evidenx(m): 9:24pm On Apr 29, 2023
OvertheTop:

When you say the Bolded, you have just given the person a Ticket to come back and Borrow Again.

What you should do is:
Have intentions to dash him....But tell him 5k is all you have available to borrow him and even set a date for the refund
BUT never ask for it.....

He will never come back to borrow from you again...Because he knows he Owes you 5k before.

That is the Logic
Thanks man wink

1 Like

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Afolue(m): 9:45pm On Apr 29, 2023
Not paying back loan from family & friends is an evil act. A way of blocking blessings and greater opportunities for the future. As bad as a direct curse that can’t be broken. If you are guilty, pl. stop it.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by B4bb: 10:32pm On Apr 29, 2023
In my own case I was told that even Nigeria is owing so I shouldn’t ask for my money
She said I shouldn’t even border taking the case to the police otherwise they will ask her to pay it the way she can. And that alone will scatter my money
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Kobojunkie: 10:33pm On Apr 29, 2023
B4bb:
In my own case I was told that even Nigeria is owing so I shouldn’t ask for my money
She said I shouldn’t even border taking the case to the police otherwise they will ask her to pay it the way she can. And that alone will scatter my money
You should at least take it to the Police so you can get something back from her instead of nothing at all.. undecided
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by sylve11: 6:46am On Apr 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. We live in 2023. If, for instance, you no get cellphone or at least landline for house, I no fit do business with you. It is that simple for me. There are somethings that I shouldn't have to start messing about with in this day and age. grin

Experience has taught me not to lend money to people.

If you are not careful, you might just see yourself featured in a movie you weren't supposed to be cast in "permanent enemy part 2". grin

embarassed cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Man Logs In For His Virtual Court Divorce Proceedings While In Bed With His Wife / My Husband Starves Me Of Sex – Woman Tells Court / My Wife Of About 4 Years Blames Me After I Caught Her Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.