Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,824 members, 7,828,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? (44651 Views)

Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? / What's The Best Gift You've Ever Received Either From Family Or Friends? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 28, 2023
No, I haven't.

Knowing myself, I'd have probably involved the law to take its cause if the person didn't pay.

I don't have time for games and I don't care if you're my family or friend... Once the time is overdue, you'll be served with summons to appear in court.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Johnn87: 10:11pm On Apr 28, 2023
Zonefree:
Omo, if you ask me to borrow you 10k, I'll send you 5k and I'll never ask you for the money. That way, I know you'll never demand for another loan cos you're still with my 5k. Life na wisdom.
Boss biko help a brother with 6k. Make l send account details?🙏
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Iriruaga100(m): 10:13pm On Apr 28, 2023
Blueseaa02:
Canada 2years work permit with temporary accommodation available, canada, australia, new zealand, scheghen and other europe countries visa application without stress. *features* direct employment with open permit *temp accommodation *no bank statement of account√ -contact us now or whatsapp us today. note: no down payment apart from the initial embassy visa fee and your documentation fee.

Idiot do the Canada visa for all your family members.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Abakelawal(f): 10:13pm On Apr 28, 2023
Last year December some one asked me to borrow her 10k ,, I made it 12k I dashed her 2k, she promised to return it January she was able to pay 5k the remaining 5k na story now and I can't even ask for it.... Sha I promised myself not to borrow anyone money again cos most of my money are outside some I didn't even remember sef

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by adinoyi360: 10:13pm On Apr 28, 2023
Zonefree:
Omo, if you ask me to borrow you 10k, I'll send you 5k and I'll never ask you for the money. That way, I know you'll never demand for another loan cos you're still with my 5k. Life na wisdom.
Na the same method I dy use o 😂😎

6 Likes

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Johnn87: 10:13pm On Apr 28, 2023
Samantha124:
No, I haven't.

Knowing myself, I'd have probably involved the law to take its cause if the person didn't pay.

I don't have time for games and I don't care if you're my family or friend... Once the time is overdue, you'll be served with summons to appear in court.
Person dey owe u 50k.only lawyer appearance fee na like 80k. Adjourn case like 5/6 times. Body go tell.
Nor be every small change dey carry person go court. Cos u end up spending more for lawyers in cases little sums involved.

13 Likes

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by qtx(m): 10:13pm On Apr 28, 2023
Evestar200:
I no longer lend out money but I have to lend this particular person because there is no way I will be happy to see her lose her life or her baby when I have the opportunity to help.

Oh so the person is even a female? Acting like a ghetto gypsy. Hmmmmm. She is trying to take advantage of your calmness and gentility. You may have to forget that money and learn the hard way o

1 Like

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by demystified01: 10:14pm On Apr 28, 2023
I love the window. I did this of recent. The exact amount you talked about
Zonefree:

1 Like

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Omoluabi16(m): 10:16pm On Apr 28, 2023
Lool. How I dey here dey vex about this issue, and then coming online to see this topic.
Those people are just possessed with the spirit of wickedness.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by demystified01: 10:16pm On Apr 28, 2023
demystified01:
I love the wisdow. I did this of recent. The exact amount you talked about
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Evidenx(m): 10:17pm On Apr 28, 2023
Evestar200:
This one is from my childhood friend.

This person begged me to send this money to him in 2015 because he is stranded in Borno and doesn't have anything on him to transport himself to Port Harcourt.

As a good person then, I managed to send him from the little one I have even when I was struggling then.

I reminded him in 2021 when I was sick and in need of money to buy drugs but this is what I get back for being kind.

He didn't pay and blocked me last year.

The other person I lend paid half of the money and the other half is history 😂😂😂😂.

Some people are wicked, Imagine someone I lend 20k on Monday is asking me to send her my account number so that she can send me back my money while some people don't want you to even remind them not to talk about requesting back the money you lend them.

Life.
Whenever I borrow people money,I discovered it always turn out bad when I want it back, even as far as loosing some friends,so God gave me wisdom to deal with the situation,if for instance you ask me me to borrow you 10k, I will cut it into half,send you 5k and I will tell you,I didn't borrow you the money but a gift from me and that u should find a way to complete it and use it for what you want. That way I have peace of mind and I don't loose friends again.

5 Likes

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by BlueOrion: 10:17pm On Apr 28, 2023
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 28, 2023
I don't give a damn.

I've once done it before... Everyone around me knows how much I don't like people who can't stand by their word.

Already my family has got a legal aid, so getting a good lawyer is not a big deal for me.

And I'd advice every family to have a legal aid too, in case of situations like this one.
Johnn87:

Person dey owe u 50k.only lawyer appearance fee na like 80k. Adjourn case like 5/6 times. Body go tell.
Nor be every small change dey carry person go court. Cos u end up spending more for lawyers in cases little sums involved.

1 Like

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Dancebreaker: 10:20pm On Apr 28, 2023
Terrible.

This world is about using format these days.
If somebody close wants a loan of 50k, just dash him like 15k and wish him good luck. Unless I already planned to give them that kind of money requested.

I cannot lend money and later be told that " haba, how much is 50k sef that you won't let me rest? Even US Govt is owing trillions". I nor fit o.

I once lent a relative I thought was reasonable and has integrity a decent amount of money. He gave a specific time to pay back. He never mentioned it and I never asked him again. 7 years gone.

He did some errands for me and I planned to appreciate him for it. I planned to give him more to just support his hustle, more than he borrowed. The errands were not even worth 10% of what he borrowed from me. But I reward people who do things when I need them to help out. Some always expect favours but cannot do something for you.

In his mind he probably believed he cheated me by borrowing and never mentioning it again. I intended to tell him to keep the money if he wanted to return it and give him extra. That way, he can set himself up. By not mentioning it again, he lost the extra I intended to give him.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Evestar200(f): 10:21pm On Apr 28, 2023
qtx:

Oh so the person is even a female? Acting like a ghetto gypsy. Hmmmmm. She is trying to take advantage of your calmness and gentility. You may have to forget that money and learn the hard way o
no, is a guy.

The person I quoted is talking about the person I borrowed money on Monday despite what has happened in the past.

3 Likes

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 10:21pm On Apr 28, 2023
It's almost three years and what I've learnt so far is the average Nigerian is poor when it comes to paying back loans, not just in monetary aspect but in non-monetary terms.

And again, I've been able to know some people real color with the way they handle money, they'd promise heaven on earth, shed all kind of tears but when it comes to pay up, damn, na to vamoose.

I'm more grateful mine experience came from mentor, friends and those who had thought had a reputation.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by dododawa1: 10:22pm On Apr 28, 2023
I saw BABE in d write up,OYO is your name

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 28, 2023
The only difference is that the person was my friend's boyfriend and my friend was even the one who permitted me to get legal action against him.
Johnn87:

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by kushercain: 10:23pm On Apr 28, 2023
Evestar200:
This one is from my childhood friend.

This person begged me to send this money to him in 2015 because he is stranded in Borno and doesn't have anything on him to transport himself to Port Harcourt.

As a good person then, I managed to send him from the little one I have even when I was struggling then.

I reminded him in 2021 when I was sick and in need of money to buy drugs but this is what I get back for being kind.

He didn't pay and blocked me last year.

The other person I lend paid half of the money and the other half is history 😂😂😂😂.

Some people are wicked, Imagine someone I lend 20k on Monday is asking me to send her my account number so that she can send me back my money while some people don't want you to even remind them not to talk about requesting back the money you lend them.

Life.

This chat is hilarious 😂

1 Like

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by naturefellow(m): 10:25pm On Apr 28, 2023
Nazgul:
I don't borrow people money. If I see you genuinely need help, I'll just give you what I can afford and tell you to forget about paying me. I value my mental health and wouldn't want anyone to drive me crazy cos I'm trying to collect back my money.
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by yaki84: 10:27pm On Apr 28, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. If na help you wan help then remove the word "lend" naw! undecided

Even banks no fit help person...
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Nonywendy(m): 10:29pm On Apr 28, 2023
Zonefree:
If U continue doing like dis u will go broke. Best thing is don't borrow.

5 Likes

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Kobojunkie: 10:29pm On Apr 28, 2023
yaki84:
■ Even banks no fit help person...
1. Banks are upfront that what they do is lend! undecided

1 Like

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by seanwilliam(m): 10:30pm On Apr 28, 2023
As smart as I am, I still fall for people sad story and I end up lending them what I can’t afford .

It’s not that easy to sanju for friends and family tbh.

5 Likes

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Sofrosh(f): 10:32pm On Apr 28, 2023
Zonefree:

Loan me 10k dear

2 Likes

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Omoluabi16(m): 10:34pm On Apr 28, 2023
Zonefree:
you never jam! You never see person wey wan still top up with the lies kpe, once the month end I'll clear everything?

4 Likes

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by EriMma1: 10:37pm On Apr 28, 2023
HeartlessMan:
My family members don't ask me for money again cos they know what I can do.

LoL...
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Dshocker(m): 10:37pm On Apr 28, 2023
That one na normal thing...

I willingly use to give, but now, my fellow human being has hardened my heart.

Imagine someone owing you about 150k to shouting at you that you are pressuring him.

In total, people own me about 400k and i have forgone all of them.

But if you come to me for help, omo i don't think i help you, even if it involves life and death.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married / My Wife Of About 4 Years Blames Me After I Caught Her Cheating / Nigerian Mother Of Twins Welcomes Quadruplets, Shares Beautiful Family Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.