Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,322 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist (31419 Views)

‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) / Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' / Wilson Oruma All Smiles In New Pictures Shared By His Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist by Cromagnon: 4:02pm On Apr 29, 2023
Holywizard:
Although some are self inflicted, but I don't blame some Nigerians that decided to play for other better countries.
Nigerians don't value their legends and veterans.
do the legends value themselves?
Buying posh cars instead of investing.
Simply build houses instead of going into oil and gas they know nothing about

1 Like

Re: Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist by devoutpraise: 4:36pm On Apr 29, 2023
lekkyy:
It is well with him in Jesus name.
AMEN

1 Like

Re: Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist by Tranquility2345: 4:56pm On Apr 29, 2023
BigDawsNet:
While England dey pay ex national players 5m monthly cool

Omo when naija go be like abroad eh?

If you don’t know how pensions work, shut the fukk up. The money ex England players get is pensions and the pensions are funded with contributions deducted from the players’ pay checks. It’s not free money funded by the English tax payers.

The government of Nigeria and Nigerian tax payers owe these players absolutely nothing. They made much more than generations of Nigerians will ever make and most of them just squandered the money….

2 Likes

Re: Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist by Tranquility2345: 4:59pm On Apr 29, 2023
Holywizard:
Although some are self inflicted, but I don't blame some Nigerians that decided to play for other better countries.
Nigerians don't value their legends and veterans.

Stop talking like an idiot. Value what legends? People that kick a ball for a living and made so much but squandered the money? The real legends that we should value are our teachers, doctors, nurses, engineers, etc that tool to make a difference in our lives but aren’t appreciated..

1 Like

Re: Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist by Tranquility2345: 5:03pm On Apr 29, 2023
promami:
These people lived a large life off the handsome rewards they got playing for foreign clubs. They made money. They enjoyed life.
Question is, who did they empower or helped? What did they contribute to the society to better other people's life?
See what Ahmed Musa and Asisat Oshoala is doing for people in their community. If things ever go down for them, people will turn up for them because they showed compassion when they had money. How about these ones?
You can't earn huge salaries playing for big clubs and from Super eagles and enjoyed alone, finish the money and expect us to come crowdfund for you to start again.

You are one of the few smart people here. Not those idiots advocating for tax payers to take care of ball kickers that made good money and squandered it all on the good things of life. If anyone should be taken care of na our teachers and government health workers that toil and get peanuts for all their efforts…

1 Like

Re: Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist by Tranquility2345: 5:06pm On Apr 29, 2023
GoodbutBadguy:
Pensions paid to politicians should be used for the welfare of patriotic citizens who served this nation during their prime. These sportsmen & women have no means to loot, but an average Nigerian politician will make enough money for himself and his generation why still active in the office, lastly, one problem many ppl lacks is financial educationundecided.[b] I just came to understand that no matter the amount of money the most important thing is the ability to protect and multiply your wealth is the most important thing. I recommend that you should read THE RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON and sturdy the book of Ecclesiastes chapter 11 as a young [/b]man

Shut up your mouth there. These footballers were able to get good clubs through the exposure Nigeria gave them when they selected them to feature in the national teams. They were making good bonuses in usd for playing for naija and then made millions of dollars playing for foreign clubs. They squandered their money on women and booze and now poor man like you dey ask government to care for them. Oga please give yourself a slap on your face and then hide that your ugly face for that misyearns. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist by Tranquility2345: 5:08pm On Apr 29, 2023
DeZoro:
These are the reason why the current footballers don't take Nigeria seriously. They know that are abandoned after making the country proud.. Plan for your future.! Naija na scam

Making the country proud how? Do you know naija was paying them thousands of dollars per game? No be through naija then get club wey dey pay dem thousands of pounds? Use your head please and stop taking like a slow poke angry

1 Like

Re: Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist by Holywizard: 5:09pm On Apr 29, 2023
Tranquility2345:

Stop talking like an idiot. Value what legends? People that kick a ball for a living and made so much but squandered the money? The real legends that we should value are our teachers, doctors, nurses, engineers, etc that tool to make a difference in our lives but aren’t appreciated..
"although some are self inflicted..."

I pity you

1 Like

Re: Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist by biafranrealson: 5:12pm On Apr 29, 2023
Some of these star players lavished their fortunes on alcohol and women , illiterate will not know how and where to invest because of ego.

1 Like

Re: Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist by godwon01(m): 5:32pm On Apr 29, 2023
verybadmouth:
But all this guys had the privilege of playing abroad. Why is all these happening to them?
. Read the article very well. They were all Nigeria international. May be you were a kid to witness when they were playing abroad.

1 Like

Re: Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist by Tranquility2345: 5:43pm On Apr 29, 2023
Holywizard:
"although some are self inflicted..."

I pity you

Wetin be some are self inflicted? No government owes any of them a damn thing. Better go and pity your papa…You wey dem deport from cote d’ivore of all places wan dey follow me talk. Nor just try me o angry

1 Like

Re: Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist by GoodbutBadguy: 7:20pm On Apr 29, 2023
Tranquility2345:

Shut up your mouth there. These footballers were able to get good clubs through the exposure Nigeria gave them when they selected them to feature in the national teams. They were making good bonuses in usd for playing for naija and then made millions of dollars playing for foreign clubs. They squandered their money on women and booze and now poor man like you dey ask government to care for them. Oga please give yourself a slap on your face and then hide your ugly face for that misyearns. Nonsense!
Are your eyes painting you, can't you read through the bolded?

1 Like

Re: Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist by mankan2k7(m): 8:44pm On Apr 29, 2023
Upon all the exercises, we that wake up, eat, go to work, drink, sleep na God hand we dey.

I don't subscribe to pension for this ex footballers but there should be free healthcare services for them and their families.

These guys were making cool money in Europe but greediness and lack of proper planning resulted into all these.

One of them even went ahead to buy a jet then.

1 Like

Re: Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist by Obiedun(m): 2:18pm On Apr 30, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
My question too
Touch not my anointed. Do my prophet no harm

1 Like

Re: Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist by bolabadmus38: 6:02pm On Apr 30, 2023
Honestly,I feel terribly sad when anytime I read all these pathetic stories of our heroes. Imagine,no plans for them at all. Why won't they move to where they will be cared for. So so saddening

1 Like

Re: Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist by BeardedmeatR(m): 8:56pm On Apr 30, 2023
Obiedun:
Touch not my anointed. Do my prophet no harm
If he's going about saying a pastor duped him, he has already touched a so called anointed and can as well prosecute him.

1 Like

Re: Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 30, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Most of them No dey thunk of the future... Na to dey live large them sabi

You're right. I remember how Amokachi bought a private jet at some point in his career and had to sell it off. But it's our musicians I pity the most. Once they have a hit album, they start buying several expensive cars with just a tiny house in Lekki. Most of them have no real investments and have nothing much to fall back on if music doesn't work. Most of them are also chain smokers and drink heavily, which might pose a big health challenge in the future.

Apart from Davido (who has a stinkingly rich father and family), Wizkid (who has lots of hit songs with possible lifetime royalty) and Burna boy (who also has a wealth of musical hits), the rest are just toying with their future...

2 Likes

Re: Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist by Fearyourcreator: 11:28pm On Apr 30, 2023
webdevprof:

You're right. I remember how Amokachi bought a private jet at some point in his career and had to sell it off. But it's our musicians I pity the most. Once they have a hit album, they start buying several expensive cars with just a tiny house in Lekki. Most of them have no real investments and have nothing much to fall back on if music doesn't work. Most of them are also chain smokers and drink heavily, which might pose a big health challenge in the future.

Apart from Davido (who has a stinkingly rich father and family), Wizkid (who has lots of hit songs with possible lifetime royalty) and Burna boy (who also has a wealth of musical hits), the rest are just toying with their future...
These ones sef na drug go still finish them

1 Like

Re: Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist by Beolly(m): 8:40am On May 01, 2023
BigDawsNet:
While England dey pay ex national players 5m monthly cool

Omo when naija go be like abroad eh?
That's a lie. Can you share the link to your claim?

1 Like

Re: Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist by Obiedun(m): 6:07pm On May 02, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
If he's going about saying a pastor duped him, he has already touched a so called anointed and can as well prosecute him.
So he should keep quiet and die in silence abi?

1 Like

Re: Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist by somehow: 9:01pm On May 02, 2023

1 Like

Re: Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist by somehow: 9:02pm On May 02, 2023

1 Like

Re: Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist by BeardedmeatR(m): 6:17am On May 04, 2023
Obiedun:
So he should keep quiet and die in silence abi?
Where did you get that from?

1 Like

Re: Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist by Obiedun(m): 6:23am On May 04, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
Where did you get that from?
What exactly are you saying?

1 Like

Re: Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist by BeardedmeatR(m): 7:42am On May 04, 2023
Obiedun:
What exactly are you saying?
It was you that suggested that because he's a pastor, he shouldn't be touched.

1 Like

Re: Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist by Kobojunkie: 1:41am On May 06, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
Stop falling for the many lies and soundbites fed to you by your pastors and mogs, always go back and verify for yourself.
6 You belong to the family of his servant Abraham. You are descendants of Jacob, the people God chose.
7 The Lord is our God. He rules the whole world.
8 He will remember his agreement forever. He will always keep the promises he made to his people.
9 He will keep the agreement he made with Abraham and the promise he made to Isaac.
10 He gave it as a law to Jacob. He gave it to Israel as an agreement that will last forever!
11 He said, “I will give you the land of Canaan. It will be your very own.”
12 At the time God said this, there were only a few of his people, and they were strangers there.
13 They traveled around from nation to nation, from one kingdom to another.
14 But the Lord did not let anyone mistreat them. He warned kings not to harm them.
15 He said, “Don’t hurt my chosen people. Don’t harm my prophets.” - Psalm 115 vs 4 - 15
See from the above that God made that statement regarding all of the children of Israel and the prophets in the land. And that warning was meant by God for all the foreign kings and peoples of the foreign nations through which He took His chosen people? undecided

1 Like

Re: Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist by BeardedmeatR(m): 5:55am On May 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop falling for the many lies and soundbites fed to you by your pastors and mogs, always go back and verify for yourself. See from the above that God made that statement regarding all of the children of Israel and the prophets in the land. And that warning was meant by God for all the foreign kings and peoples of the foreign nations through which He took His chosen people? undecided
A lot of people have misunderstood my post. I was merely reacting to what another poster said about why he's not prosecuting the so called pastor.

Which Mumu mog be that? Once you introduce yourself as a pastor to me in any dealing, my antenna quickly goes up.

Oruma is hale and hearty now anyway. It was just old news by bloggers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#10YearsChallenge: Chichi Igbo Shares Throwback Photo / Joshua, Antetokounmpo Make Forbes’ Highest-paid Athletes List / Iheanacho, Ezeh, Obasi And Baba With Nigerian U13 In 2010 (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.