Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) (29799 Views)

How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) / Efo Riro: A Nairalander’s Delicacy For The Weekend! / Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by Ilekokonit: 10:01pm On Apr 30, 2023
nifemi25:
100% wife material...... dm if you are still single

You are right. Any woman that can make food with just 500 naira is surely wife material all other character traits being acceptable.

She go dey help the husband dey save instead of most women who are so wide mouthed that if you give them 100k per month they will still complain that it is not enough.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by Omawumi17(f): 10:08pm On Apr 30, 2023
RenegadeX:

My lady you lie

Those 4 panla can never be N500
I don't need you to believe me

2 Likes

Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by Lithiumite: 10:10pm On Apr 30, 2023
Charlie2020:
What is iru please?
Locust beans
Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by Omawumi17(f): 10:11pm On Apr 30, 2023
dayleke:

So Omawumi17, if you had more money than that, what's gonna change in the whole meal that you made/prepared?
Please be sincere...
If I had money, I ll make efo elemi meje
Which means that, I ll use beef, mackerel fish, thick ponmo, offals etc

1 Like

Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by 1nigeriamyfoot: 10:11pm On Apr 30, 2023
Akalia:
Do you even have a job if I may ask??
My monthly savings is more than your 5yrs salaries

2 Likes

Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by Akalia(m): 10:13pm On Apr 30, 2023
1nigeriamyfoot:

poor boy. Bleep off!

1 Like

Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by sixtus3606(m): 10:14pm On Apr 30, 2023
Omawumi17:
Come and join me 💕

You be correct wife material.

BTW, are you single?

1 Like

Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by mariahAngel(f): 10:22pm On Apr 30, 2023
Ilekokonit:

You are right. Any woman that can make food with just 500 naira is surely wife material all other character traits being acceptable.

She go dey help the husband dey save instead of most women who are so wide mouthed that if you give them 100k per month they will still complain that it is not enough.

You! Can you cook a pot of soup with N500?
Can you perform miracles?

You dey whine nii? E kai!
Shey 5h don even reach you chop belleful for buka gan?
Una dey whine person too much for this forum.
🙄
Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by sprints1: 10:24pm On Apr 30, 2023
Omawumi17:
Ponmo and eja panla
you sabi cook nothing spoil we fit link up grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by Omawumi17(f): 10:27pm On Apr 30, 2023
DiscoverID:

I want to remain anonymous, hence i cant do an instant transfer right away, so you will get 100k from me via pos tomorrow.
Ha! I ll not sleep tonight
God bless you 🙏

2 Likes

Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by caandi: 10:45pm On Apr 30, 2023
RenegadeX:

My lady you lie

Those 4 panla can never be N500
she said Ibadan and that ponmo is esha kpomo o
Look at it well
That esha means it’s not too good almost spoilt
Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by Lastpharoah33: 10:48pm On Apr 30, 2023
1nigeriamyfoot:

Audio billionaires,

*Yawns*
Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by Treassured: 10:50pm On Apr 30, 2023
OP You don't mean It😳

N500 abi N5000??

Which Area do you reside that you bought Four Fishes for N300😳

The least Price of Fishes I have bought Is N2000. I still don't really believe this though.

I have always known there are still a lot of Wonderful Women/Ladies out there. OP keep It up okay. May Almighty Most High continue to strengthen you.

Please Any Genuine Female Nairalander who can replicate this should send me a DM. You will be provided with Substantial Amounts.

3 Likes

Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by Lastpharoah33: 11:00pm On Apr 30, 2023
Nairaland is much more than a blog where you rush in and read updates, this is a community .

Everyone is feigning ignorance of the fact that a kindhearted fellow just promised this op a token. Well, I pray he receives this act of kindness back in ten folds.

My birthday this year remains most shocking I ve ever had, nairaland is bigger than you think. We all should be mindful of our words and thread carefully.

4 Likes

Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by BackFromBalablu: 11:10pm On Apr 30, 2023
Give me 1,500 and i will prepare a nice pot of soup for you.
Is it egusi?, or ogbono?, abi vegetable? Or oha? Or ofe nsala? Or even banga? Not to forget okro my best soup? grin
Just 1.5 pot of soup don come out wink
Lets say for instance it's
Market list:
okoro soup smiley
Okro 200
Meat 500
Palm oil 100
Snail 200 (since we're in the season)
Fresh pepper 100
Ugu 100
Crayfish 100
Onions 50
Maggi 50
Stock fish 100( for taste)

Method:
wash your okro with salted water to kill some micro organism and slice or grate okro and set aside, break you snail shells, remove the unnecessary parts and wash with alumn or salt and wash and boil your pomo and meat and snail seasoned with maggi and salt and some onions, if you want a crispy onions you might nt want to put it nw, just slice it or chop it and add it to your sliced ugu leaves for later. rinse and add your stockfish into it to boil too. Slice your ugu leaves and set aside for later. Pound your fresh pepper to be roughly smooth if u understand what i mean. I recommend fresh pepper cus it will make it spicy . After you've pound the pepper add it to the boiling meat stock and leave for some minutes, add your crayfish next to the boiling stock and wait jst a tiny bit then add your palm oil too and leave to boil well and mix, you'll notice when the oil is properly done cause it will blend with the stock water well, then add your grated okro and stir properly to avoid okro lump leave to boil again then add your already sliced ugu leaves and leave to cook for just few minutes, 5 mins is enough you dnt want to over cook it so you'll have that chewy veggies in it and like that. Soup is ready! grin
Serve with either Fufu, Eba, Semo, Pounded yam wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by Treassured: 11:12pm On Apr 30, 2023
Brainlight:
I NEED THIS FOOD IN MY KITCHEN.... OP DO YOU DO HOME SERVICE.... MY BUDGET IS 5K SHA!!!!

Same here oOo.

That's my Budget too N5000.

1 Like

Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by BackFromBalablu: 11:18pm On Apr 30, 2023
Treassured:

Same here oOo.
That's my Budget too N5000.
Location? Lemme knw if we can strike a deal wink
Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by Albertone(m): 11:29pm On Apr 30, 2023
dominique:
And some women are saying that N5,000 cannot cook soup.

Soup is different from soup o.
Even me, as a Nigerian student, my own efo riro is more expensive than this. Obviously, it's also of higher quality.
Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by Treassured: 11:40pm On Apr 30, 2023
BackFromBalablu:

Location? Lemme knw if we can strike a deal wink

Lagos Mainland Precisely.

Your Monicker though😂
Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by Atonsboy(m): 11:47pm On Apr 30, 2023
Omawumi17:
Hello everyone
So here's the gist, I woke up this morning craving efo riro elemi meje.. hmmm..
I checked my pocket, I had 750 naira.. Teachers ll understand better
The sapa hold me like...
So, I checked my kitchen, luckily I found pepper, onion, oil and garri
Na so I Carry myself out
I bought
Eja panla 300
Efo leaf 100
Iru 50
Ponmo 100
This is the result

Not to sound like say nah me know maths pass. OP the title says 500 naira but I calculate 550 naira here.
Someone asked you how much u used u replied 450 naira. Are you eyeneck

6 Likes

Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by BackFromBalablu: 11:53pm On Apr 30, 2023
Treassured:

Lagos Mainland Precisely.
Your Monicker though😂
grin grin Forget my moniker
So bad cry no longer reside in lagos again. Bt don't u knw how to cook?
Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by Gud1(m): 11:55pm On Apr 30, 2023
Nice, a husband material for the lazy ladies that only know how to boil indomie grin grin grin
Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by BackFromBalablu: 11:56pm On Apr 30, 2023
Albertone:

Soup is different from soup o.
Even me, as a Nigerian student, my own efo riro is more expensive than this. Obviously, it's also of higher quality.
true sha
Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by etrange: 12:38am On May 01, 2023
Saving this thread for later.

1 Like

Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by djbussy(m): 12:58am On May 01, 2023
What state did you use N500 to cook soup?
Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by Badb0y4lyf(m): 2:07am On May 01, 2023
This is an honest post you really tried to think outside the box on how to optimally spend 500 naira to cook in this present economic realities of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by DKM123: 4:32am On May 01, 2023
#100 naira Ponmo?! Where is that possible? In that quantity? That kpanla fish is minimum #600 assuming the zoom camera enlarged the size

Anyway, if half of the ingredients were available at home, HOW THE HECK IS THIS STILL A #500 WORTH OF SOUP? Did you steal the palm oil, onions, fresh pepper and seasoning etc?

Let's not add that you will need to buy gas before you can say this is the true WORTH to make this food.

To finally enjoy that meal of garri and soup, keep in mind that you spent at least #1200-#1500.

Nigerians and glorifying poverty are like 5 and 6.
Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by Invest4growth: 4:46am On May 01, 2023
Home is still home anyway. With N500 or less than one dollar, one can still feed well. Come and feed on one dollar in USA or one pound in UK. Things are bad back home but a serious government can put things right. All it takes is courage and team work. The cost of executing contracts are too high compared to other countries. This feeds into corruption

1 Like

Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by Sammy101111(m): 5:25am On May 01, 2023
I need a woman like you omo
That can manage her self am 100% sure this lady will not be the type that will be demanding 10k to cook fried rice . Women this days don’t like spending time in kitchen if you are lucky to have a woman that still cooks for you men please take care of that woman

1 Like

Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by dayleke: 5:38am On May 01, 2023
Omawumi17:

If I had money, I ll make efo elemi meje
Which means that, I ll use beef, mackerel fish, thick ponmo, offals etc

Okay.
And how much is needed for that?
We wan see the difference.... undecided tongue
Re: How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) by Omawumi17(f): 5:52am On May 01, 2023
dayleke:

Okay.
And how much is needed for that?
We wan see the difference.... undecided tongue
Like 3k above

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Caterpillar And It's Operator Cake (photo) / Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! / Do You Cut Your Vegetables In The Market?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.