Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education (2253 Views)

Fooled My Girlfriend Of 4 Years To Thinking She Was Going Out With Another Guy / Sansa Of Tife Sexual Abuse Allegations Gets Married / Lady Goes On Her Knees To Beg Her Boyfriend Of 7 Years To Marry Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by floret23(f): 4:25am On May 01, 2023
Oluwatoyin Falaiye, an activist, says she endured sexual abuse for years to get an education.

The activist, who founded the NGO Jewels Hive, shared her experinece with Chude Jideonwo, media entrepreneur.

She said her neigbour’s son initially raped her at age 10 and had his mother cover it up.

Falaiye said her foster father would proceed to sexually molest for seven years, shushing her with death threats.

She said she was told she would be put out of school and returned to her village if she spoke of it to anyone.

“I was a village girl. I was born in a small village in Akure. When I turned seven, my father brought me to Lagos to visit his elder sister. I saw a TV for the first time, even though it was black and white,” she said.

“When it was time for my father to return to the village, I put up and tantrum and said no wasn’t going back. My aunt who didn’t have a child not her own decided to adopt me. A year later, I started school.

“At the end of the year, I came top in class. At age 10, I was raped by a neighbour’s son. Because I was a village girl, I didn’t even know what it was to be called a virgin. I just felt that the boy had injured me.

“So the neighbour came in, scolded the boy, cleaned me up, told me not to tell anyone, and sent me away.

“Two years later, my adoptive father began to molest me. That went on night after night for seven years. The days I escaped were when I’d started to become a woman. I was menstruating, so I had off days from abuse.”

Falaiye said enduring sexual abuse was the price she had to pay to get educated.

“I was told not to tell anyone. I was told I would be sent back to the village where I would die after seven days. I didn’t want to die or go back to the village. I was going to a public school in Festac Town,” the activist said.

“Sexual abuse was the price I had to pay to get an education. It was killing me and I was dying slowly. I attempted my first suicide at 15.”
https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/activist-how-i-endured-sexual-abuse-for-seven-years-to-get-education/
Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by DispatcherLagos: 4:31am On May 01, 2023
If she spoke this kind of English I read up there, then she might have been ra.ped for nothing
Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by floret23(f): 4:35am On May 01, 2023
DispatcherLagos:
If she spoke this kind of English I read up there, then she might have been ra.ped for nothing
Are you a drug baron's surpporter? Because you reason like one.

13 Likes

Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by money121(m): 5:01am On May 01, 2023
Ehyaa sorry

1 Like

Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by money121(m): 5:02am On May 01, 2023
DispatcherLagos:
Welldone prof. In english lang. grin

1 Like

Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by DispatcherLagos: 5:03am On May 01, 2023
floret23:
Are you a drug baron's surpporter? Because you reason like one.
Yes.... Dumb people can't run a drug cartel to start with. So the joke is on you Obi. diots

1 Like

Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by DispatcherLagos: 5:04am On May 01, 2023
money121:

Welldone prof. In english lang. grin
Correct yourself before I disgrace you
Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by money121(m): 5:09am On May 01, 2023
DispatcherLagos:

Correct yourself before I disgrace you
Olorun Awa pelu e... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by Haakeem(m): 5:11am On May 01, 2023
DispatcherLagos:

Yes.... Dumb people can't run a drug cartel to start with. So the joke is on you Obi. diots
You're a filthy monster and you irritate me.
Wacky prof.

8 Likes

Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by DispatcherLagos: 5:12am On May 01, 2023
money121:

Olorun Awa pelu e... grin grin
Better write in your native than make a mess of our English
Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by DispatcherLagos: 5:13am On May 01, 2023
Haakeem:
You're a filthy monster and you irritate me.
Wacky prof.
I'm glad I'm living up to it.... Irritate inconsequential
Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by money121(m): 5:16am On May 01, 2023
DispatcherLagos:

Better write in your native than make a mess of our English
You will be alrty don't Worry cool
Agba Scholar

1 Like

Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by DispatcherLagos: 5:19am On May 01, 2023
money121:

Agba Scholar
Write in 100% Yoruba. We have room for the not too educated here
Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by Haakeem(m): 5:20am On May 01, 2023
DispatcherLagos:

I'm glad I'm living up to it.... Irritate inconsequential
You know you're just seeking attention yeah typical behaviour of a jobless man and I wouldn't give you one.
Go back to bed,you are saying stu'pid things.

2 Likes

Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by Nobody: 5:21am On May 01, 2023
Such a heartbreaking story. Some men are very wicked

2 Likes

Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by Haakeem(m): 5:24am On May 01, 2023
money121:

Agba Scholar
Sir don't banter words with that lazy guy.
He doesn't have any idea of who you are.

2 Likes

Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by DispatcherLagos: 5:32am On May 01, 2023
Haakeem:
You know you're just seeking attention yeah typical behaviour of a jobless man and I wouldn't give you one.
Go back to bed,you are saying stu'pid things.
At least I have a bed to go back to... Will I say same to you living under the bridge?
Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by DispatcherLagos: 5:34am On May 01, 2023
Haakeem:
Sir don't banter words with that lazy guy.
He doesn't have any idea of who you are.
Oh no I have an idea of who he is... Who else if not your demi God?
Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by Haakeem(m): 5:36am On May 01, 2023
DispatcherLagos:

At least I have a bed to go back to... Will I say same to you living under the bridge?
Only a poverty stricken nin.comp.oop living under a bridge would be online at this moment of the day causing trouble.
This explains you alot aiit.
Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by DispatcherLagos: 5:38am On May 01, 2023
Haakeem:
Only a poverty stricken nin.comp.oop living under a bridge would be online at this moment of the day causing trouble.
This explains you alot aiit.
grin
I couldn't have described you any better. What a summarized autobiography u have here.
Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by Haakeem(m): 5:38am On May 01, 2023
DispatcherLagos:

Oh no I have an idea of who he is... Who else if not your demi God?
That reply wasn't meant for you.
So avoid using that your useless fingers to type in rubbish on here.
Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by Haakeem(m): 5:40am On May 01, 2023
DispatcherLagos:

grin
I couldn't have described you any better. What a summarized autobiography u have here.
every sane person who reads it knows I portrayed you well.
Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by DispatcherLagos: 5:43am On May 01, 2023
Haakeem:
every sane person who reads it knows I described you well.
Except me, no sane person reads your trash sir grin
Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by DispatcherLagos: 5:47am On May 01, 2023
Haakeem:
That reply wasn't meant for you.
So avoid using that your useless fingers to type in rubbish on here.
But I was right about who he is to you
Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by Haakeem(m): 5:47am On May 01, 2023
DispatcherLagos:

Except me, no sane person reads your trash sir grin
You ain't better than the trash kiddo.
They'll start replying you soon.
Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by Haakeem(m): 5:49am On May 01, 2023
DispatcherLagos:

But I was right about who he is to you
Yeah a fo0l is alway right.
Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by DispatcherLagos: 5:49am On May 01, 2023
Haakeem:
You ain't better than the trash kiddo.
They'll start replying you soon.
I will still deal with them like I'm dealing with their commander in chief (Haakeem) now angry
Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by DispatcherLagos: 5:50am On May 01, 2023
Haakeem:
Yeah a fo0l is alway right.
So how come you are mostly wrong?
Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by Haakeem(m): 5:52am On May 01, 2023
DispatcherLagos:

I will still deal with them like I'm dealing with their commander in chief (Haakeem) now angry
You're dealing with me ?😂😂😂😂😂.
You're not different from a clo.wn🤣
Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by Haakeem(m): 5:53am On May 01, 2023
DispatcherLagos:

So how come you are mostly wrong?
Because you're a fo0l🌝.
Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by DispatcherLagos: 6:03am On May 01, 2023
Haakeem:
You're dealing with me ?😂😂😂😂😂.
You're not different from a clo.wn🤣
Yes that's the one of the things victims of my rough handling end up saying out of "painment" grin
Re: Activist: How I Endured Sexual Abuse For Seven Years To Get Education by DispatcherLagos: 6:05am On May 01, 2023
Haakeem:
Because you're a fo0l🌝.
grin
You're still wrong... You seriously don't know when to use "I'm" in a sentence... You always end up using "you're" grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Father Told Me This Naughty Story Years Ago And It's Heartbreaking [deleting] / Weirdest Place To Propose To Your Spouse/Girlfriend / Influenced By My Friends And Now I'm Just Like Them :(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.