Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. (10577 Views)

When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work / How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work / Lady Caught On CCTV Dancing Outside Her New Place Of Work After Getting A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by Impregnable101: 9:54am On May 01, 2023
angry
Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by isabi2lof: 9:56am On May 01, 2023
I love my former place alot grin

God knows best , currently job hunting.
Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by RuddyFusion(m): 9:58am On May 01, 2023
Work overload
I'm considering stepping aside

1 Like

Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by 1950Mack: 9:58am On May 01, 2023
Am self employed... aside the dangerous economy... I can say yes because I de chop belleful at least... and na me get my time grin

8 Likes

Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by Typicool8(m): 10:03am On May 01, 2023
dtruseeker:
Absolutely. I usually make $10 before getting off bed everyday 😁

How please?
Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by Keziehenry(m): 10:04am On May 01, 2023
chromofg:
Finished NYSC in 2012, got a job same year (@ Diamond bank). Used all my NYSC savings to buy suit and shoe for the job, after 8months I saw shege. Waking up early and returning home late no saving as salary was very poor. After 8months I didn't even tender resignation letter I ran away, my best decision ever since birth. Thank God the story is different now.
Wahala wahala
Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by mft: 10:04am On May 01, 2023
No, got terminated few wks ago.

Reasons from employer:
Economic situation of the country.
Project may end soon

3 Likes

Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by bayelsaowei(m): 10:05am On May 01, 2023
The question should have been: are we enjoying the country ? grin
Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by AFRICANJAMAICA: 10:05am On May 01, 2023
Ya...
Many racists ,but dem women love them black grin
Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by Ekpeitut: 10:05am On May 01, 2023
You don't have to enjoy the work you do as long as it pays your bill. Man up pay your dues till you land your dream job or start your own firm.

Discipline is what you need to have. Wake up each day and do the grind, that's what real men do to earn an honest living.

10 Likes

Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by merits(m): 10:09am On May 01, 2023
nkemjacob2:
Tell us how you feel. Do you like your current job

If I don't like my current job,do you have a better offer for me?
Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by TheBillyonaire: 10:10am On May 01, 2023
cathodekazim:
The situation of Nigeria is so terrible that people are forced to accept a job they aren't pleased with. Upon all my qualifications, B.sc/m.sc, I'd to pick up teaching and after so many years in the teaching field, I had to pick up a postgraduate course in Education two years ago. Upon all the qualifications, you get paid a paltry sum as salary and all we'd to do is to resort into private classes to meet up ( called kowope in the street) grin

The Education System is a scam.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by ucheuzor1(m): 10:11am On May 01, 2023
Currently enjoy enjoying my current place of work. It's a remote job and pay is in Euros. Former place of work was just manageable. Could barely Cater for my needs.
Thank God for the lift.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by Mindlog: 10:11am On May 01, 2023
I over love my place of work, best so far in my working life.

4 Likes

Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by Jbhunt: 10:13am On May 01, 2023
Mindlog:
I over love my place of work, best so far in my working life.

Brother, please connect me
Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by lavylilly: 10:13am On May 01, 2023
cathodekazim:
The situation of Nigeria is so terrible that people are forced to accept a job they aren't pleased with. Upon all my qualifications, B.sc/m.sc, I'd to pick up teaching and after so many years in the teaching field, I had to pick up a postgraduate course in Education two years ago. Upon all the qualifications, you get paid a paltry sum as salary and all we'd to do is to resort into private classes to meet up ( called kowope in the street) grin
UK needs teachers
Free visa, you only pay for flight

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by Abiajiga(m): 10:14am On May 01, 2023
nkemjacob2:
Tell us how you feel. Do you like your current job
Sey for people wey get work. Abeg if u get movies project invite me, i go deliver, or u fit invest on a nice story lets make a good film

1 Like

Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by lavylilly: 10:15am On May 01, 2023
angry
chromofg:
Finished NYSC in 2012, got a job same year (@ Diamond bank). Used all my NYSC savings to buy suit and shoe for the job, after 8months I saw shege. Waking up early and returning home late no saving as salary was very poor. After 8months I didn't even tender resignation letter I ran away, my best decision ever since birth. Thank God the story is different now.
You ran away
Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by Mindlog: 10:15am On May 01, 2023
Jbhunt:

Brother, please connect me

To what?
Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by lavylilly: 10:16am On May 01, 2023
merits:

If I don't like my current job,do you have a better offer for me?
Yes, would you like to join a WhatsApp job group
Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by lavylilly: 10:16am On May 01, 2023
RuddyFusion:
Work overload
I'm considering stepping aside
Think am o! Outside mad gan.
Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by Emma09(m): 10:16am On May 01, 2023
Yes. Thank God for grace. I am a state Government worker. joined in 2010. I love the job and still enjoying it. I also have a side hustle. I really thank God for the job.

8 Likes

Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by dtruseeker(m): 10:17am On May 01, 2023
Typicool8:

How please?
Working for a company that pays per hour. So I work one hour before getting off the bed

2 Likes

Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by lavylilly: 10:18am On May 01, 2023
mft:
No, got terminated few wks ago.

Reasons from employer:
Economic situation of the country.
Project may end soon
So sorry, many people got laid off in the first quarter of this year, inflation is at 22% highest in the history of the country. Unemployment jumped to 35%. Do the maths 35% of 200 million people cry

1 Like

Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by lavylilly: 10:19am On May 01, 2023
Emma09:
Yes. Thank God for grace. I am a state Government worker. joined in 2010. I love the job and still enjoying it. I also have a side hustle. I really thank God for the job.
What's the side hustle?
Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by lavylilly: 10:19am On May 01, 2023
isabi2lof:
I love my former place alot grin

God knows best , currently job hunting.

Just starting off your career? Hard work & smart work are not mutually exclusive.

Hard work entails putting in long hours and extra effort to get things done. On the other hand, smart work is about getting the same results as hard work but with less effort and time. Working smart involves strategizing and using tools, resources, techniques and consciously building efficiencies into a project.

Sometimes, finding those avenues for efficiencies may require you to invest time & effort into that process which is basically hard work. It can be strenuous, difficult and extremely demanding of your time but once you get through that learning process, it then becomes easier.

If you want to be successful at anything, you will need to combine both concepts. Make up your mind to work hard and work smart while at it. While you are getting through a project, consistently ask yourself, how can I do this work more efficiently? Can someone help me? Is there a tool available out there that can help me with this aspect of the project? Is an email better than scheduling a meeting? Can I automate this process?

For me personally, my belief is this: If I must gain coverage and do more meaningful work, I need to put in the extra hours required; if I must gain that same coverage without burning out, then I must work smart.

Happy New Month and cheers to everyone that has a special celebration this month. Congratulations! 🎊

4 Likes

Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by Typicool8(m): 10:20am On May 01, 2023
dtruseeker:

Working for a company that pays per hour. So I work one hour before getting off the bed

Please can I pm you?

2 Likes

Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by OLDesign1(m): 10:37am On May 01, 2023
chromofg:

Chia. It's well brother...

Because of this bad experience, I rejected union bank offer...

1 Like

Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by isabi2lof: 10:39am On May 01, 2023
lavylilly:
Just starting off your career? Hard work & smart work are not mutually exclusive.

Hard work entails putting in long hours and extra effort to get things done. On the other hand, smart work is about getting the same results as hard work but with less effort and time. Working smart involves strategizing and using tools, resources, techniques and consciously building efficiencies into a project.

Sometimes, finding those avenues for efficiencies may require you to invest time & effort into that process which is basically hard work. It can be strenuous, difficult and extremely demanding of your time but once you get through that learning process, it then becomes easier.

If you want to be successful at anything, you will need to combine both concepts. Make up your mind to work hard and work smart while at it. While you are getting through a project, consistently ask yourself, how can I do this work more efficiently? Can someone help me? Is there a tool available out there that can help me with this aspect of the project? Is an email better than scheduling a meeting? Can I automate this process?

For me personally, my belief is this: If I must gain coverage and do more meaningful work, I need to put in the extra hours required; if I must gain that same coverage without burning out, then I must work smart.

Happy New Month and cheers to everyone that has a special celebration this month. Congratulations! 🎊

Awnnnnn , thanks so much 😊 .

Today is actually my birthday.

2 Likes

Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by lavylilly: 10:41am On May 01, 2023
isabi2lof:

Awnnnnn , thanks so much 😊 .

Today is actually my birthday.
The following positions exist in a school in Magodo Phase 2

POSITIONS QUALIFICATIONS
TECHNICIAN MINIMUM OND
NURSE REGISTERED NURSE
BUSINESS DEVELOPER B.SC

Kindly contact 0708 607 1651 or 0708 572 3937 for further enquiries.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by MisterKennedy(m): 10:44am On May 01, 2023
dtruseeker:
Absolutely. I usually make $10 before getting off bed everyday 😁

Good morning

Please teach me how you do that
Re: It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. by NEROSKY(m): 10:46am On May 01, 2023
[quote author=shogotermies post=122854342]The average Nigerian work place will under pay you, over use you and underestimate you.
But, most people don't have choice.[/quote

Exactly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Massive Recruitment At Queen's College Aba. / Hi There, Please Rate How Helpful Your Bank Is In The Comment Section. / Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.