Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,344 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Should I Tell My Boss About It - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Tell My Boss About It (28244 Views)

I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? / How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by AKWATGOLD1(m): 5:51pm On May 03, 2023
Adopt proxy method to secure the business.
Lymetsaucer:
So guys, My boss has a tech firm which I work as a manager. he is into properties as a side hustle so am I, which he is not aware of.
Okay, recently he was making a call about a 3 bedroom which he needs for a client and I have some.
Should I tell him? Because I think I should just stick to the tech aspect of business with him. My gut is telling me it won't end well, you know how this boss behave sometimes when it's time for sharing commissions.

I need your opinion on this too maybe am over thinking the whole thing.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by newnigerdelta00: 5:55pm On May 03, 2023
Pwettylinda:
Thiefnubuu

Ashawo
Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Powersurge: 6:00pm On May 03, 2023
Lymetsaucer:
So guys, My boss has a tech firm which I work as a manager. he is into properties as a side hustle so am I, which he is not aware of.
Okay, recently he was making a call about a 3 bedroom which he needs for a client and I have some.
Should I tell him? Because I think I should just stick to the tech aspect of business with him. My gut is telling me it won't end well, you know how this boss behave sometimes when it's time for sharing commissions.

Don't try o.
Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Emmanuel30a: 6:19pm On May 03, 2023
Lymetsaucer:

Bleep off or shut up... Bleep away...
Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Jsucre(m): 6:22pm On May 03, 2023
Don't pls

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by alizma: 6:46pm On May 03, 2023
Lymetsaucer:

Keep your secret hustle to yourself. If he had been aware of your side hustle, I would say tell him but since he had not been in the know of your side hustle, telling him now can change things towards South. The moment you tell him now, his mind will say, she is interested in the commission, beside many bosses don't want to know that you have side hustle. You can tell him some other days, thereafter if he needs something, you can say I have it.
Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by jaxxy(m): 6:53pm On May 03, 2023
Lymetsaucer:

u could act like oh u know sm1 who's Into properties and may have bt don't say its u cos he may think u won't have time for ur work or ur not busy enough so u have time for a side hustle.

most bosses don't want to hear u do a side hussle ooo. unless it's smtn they know won't distract u from their own job u handle.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by pek(m): 7:08pm On May 03, 2023
Capital No. Go with Guyman01 advise. He said it all.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Jacku: 7:15pm On May 03, 2023
Lymetsaucer:

tell him you have a friend that is into Real estate. Your friend should act as your front so that you can get the commission without wahala

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by phemmyfour: 7:24pm On May 03, 2023
Lymetsaucer:

1. Never outshine your boss

2. Don't forget rule no1

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by AfonjaPriest: 7:43pm On May 03, 2023
Lymetsaucer:

You want to dig a hole for yourself? Greed will make you fall into it.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Starships4u(m): 7:49pm On May 03, 2023
Lymetsaucer:

Bro use a proxy to work with him...
Never on yhur own only if he's understanding...
Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Achor1111(m): 7:59pm On May 03, 2023
Guyman01:
The reality is he will rent the apartment from you but will likely not pay you any commission because he pays your salary and if you insist he will assume you toy around with his business while focusing on your side hustle which doesn't end well most times from my years of experience in the field.

Separate your side hustle from your employment under his company except if you want to come out openly and tell him you want him to add it to your schedule of work.

You can rent the place to him by proxy through a trusted colleague in the property business and even pretend to help him get a good bargain if you are allowed to be a part of the negotiation.

Tell your colleague (who must be a good marketer) to meet him directly with an offer that he has properties to rent with details without mentioning you as a party to the deal.
Make sure you also agree with your colleague on how much he will get from the commission if the deal is successful and if he plays his part very well
Op, you can pick this advice

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Emdebby2: 8:17pm On May 03, 2023
Will you keep quiet!
Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 03, 2023
Darkandhandsom:
You be thief cheesy
grin
Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by CodedHustler: 10:23pm On May 03, 2023
Involve a third party to pretend as the owner.
Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by greggng: 11:01pm On May 03, 2023
Lymetsaucer:

Let me tell you Angela ...I am everywhere ...I can see you now want to run your side hustle despite the big money I pay you ...Anyways...when you come to work tomorrow ensure you tell me where the property is ...that is where I will get money to pay your next salary ...thank you for gossip me around with all the gullible nairalanders...

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Xkale1996(m): 11:15pm On May 03, 2023
Lymetsaucer:

hmmm is better you keep quiet and focus on your work
Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by cardoctor(m): 1:31am On May 04, 2023
What crime did you commit?
Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by jimcaddy(m): 1:37am On May 04, 2023
Why not get someone you can test to act as a front for you and you'll share the commission
Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by jimcaddy(m): 1:38am On May 04, 2023
jimcaddy:
Why not get someone you can trust to act as a front for you and you'll share the commission
Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by lendahand(m): 3:28am On May 04, 2023
Lymetsaucer:

people like you that love money more than your life na una dey enter problem pass...
Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Ten06(m): 4:14am On May 04, 2023
Lymetsaucer:

If your boss get to know that you are also into the real estate business he will terminate your appointment because he will see you as his competitor
Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by WantsandMore: 7:13am On May 04, 2023
Lymetsaucer:

discuss with him, stylishly tell him you're willing to forgo your commission or give a discount on your commission base on say him na your Oga, but most importantly, be transparent & ensure the deal is a legit one. Go get that bread.
Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Lymetsaucer(f): 11:37am On May 04, 2023
Angela grin grin
greggng:

Let me tell you Angela ...I am everywhere ...I can see you now want to run your side hustle despite the big money I pay you ...Anyways...when you come to work tomorrow ensure you tell me where the property is ...that is where I will get money to pay your next salary ...thank you for gossip me around with all the gullible nairalanders...
Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by BluntCrazeMan: 5:56pm On May 04, 2023
Lymetsaucer:

He will boss himself over you when the time comes to share the gains.

You would get chips and bits and expect you to show huge appreciation, while he gives the large chunk to himself.
Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Lingudy(m): 4:45pm On May 05, 2023
For me, do not!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? / 16 Things You Can Relate To If You Ever Worked In A Bank -Zikoko! / Isah Barde, From Kano Who Designs Moving Robot With Cardboards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.