Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,286 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Should I Tell My Boss About It - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Tell My Boss About It (28238 Views)

I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? / How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by staga: 4:26pm On May 03, 2023
Lymetsaucer:
So guys, My boss has a tech firm which I work as a manager. he is into properties as a side hustle so am I, which he is not aware of.
Okay, recently he was making a call about a 3 bedroom which he needs for a client and I have some.
Should I tell him? Because I think I should just stick to the tech aspect of business with him. My gut is telling me it won't end well, you know how this boss behave sometimes when it's time for sharing commissions.

I need your opinion on this too maybe am over thinking the whole thing.

It will not end well.
The moment you tell him, you have turned from an employee to a competitor, and he will kick you out. Worst case scenario: he will have you arrested for snooping on him, picking his sensitive information or even stealing his clients.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by chukkystar(m): 4:30pm On May 03, 2023
Lymetsaucer:
So guys, My boss has a tech firm which I work as a manager. he is into properties as a side hustle so am I, which he is not aware of.
Okay, recently he was making a call about a 3 bedroom which he needs for a client and I have some.
Should I tell him? Because I think I should just stick to the tech aspect of business with him. My gut is telling me it won't end well, you know how this boss behave sometimes when it's time for sharing commissions.

his call was none of Your Business Youngeen. Stay in Ur lane. Gradually phase into the Building Business with him. Don't just rush and enter discussion with him ooo He might not like You knowing all aspects of His Business.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by mariahAngel(f): 4:31pm On May 03, 2023
Lymetsaucer:

Trust your instincts.
There's a reason why telling him doesn't feel right.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by MechanicMike: 4:31pm On May 03, 2023
Lymetsaucer:

angry

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by luluosas(m): 4:31pm On May 03, 2023
Please, concentrate on your job and let it ends there. Thank you.
Lymetsaucer:

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by mirak: 4:31pm On May 03, 2023
Just find a trusted friend of yours in the same field to discuss it with him
Lymetsaucer:

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by MechanicMike: 4:32pm On May 03, 2023
Lymetsaucer:

WOW...SHAME ON YOU!!!
so u tryin to sleeep with yor manager with yor client in 3 bedrooom flat...corrrrrrect? u are a gold diggger. are u lightskin?(no oofeincse) angry
Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by VawuIenceProMax: 4:33pm On May 03, 2023
Lymetsaucer:

and this trash made front page
Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Megabig: 4:34pm On May 03, 2023
Do not, do not do it…
Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by harrybabel: 4:35pm On May 03, 2023
Is your boss Obidient, Batfad or Atikulated from these we'd know which types of boss you have 'cos not everyone can think logically
Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by sofeo(m): 4:36pm On May 03, 2023
Alright now.
Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by trevorlinda: 4:42pm On May 03, 2023
If u share ur opinion about the available flat wit him... dis month salary wont be paid... trust me

he will use it against u... he will be like shebi u don see money well well for our last deal... enjoy ur commission

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Olumaeme: 4:43pm On May 03, 2023
If you are going do that business, use a middle man.

He will not pay you your commission, I can bet you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by ogify1(m): 4:49pm On May 03, 2023
you don see work for fueling station?

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Okhuadams(m): 4:51pm On May 03, 2023
Lymetsaucer:

Oga u no steal from him na business abeg make ur commission
Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by DispatcherLagos: 4:53pm On May 03, 2023
Are you tired of your job?

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Mamaafrik1(m): 4:54pm On May 03, 2023
Bluezy13:
Get someone else or a friend to take tell him by taking your place
This is better familiarity, ooseku pani.
Get a Yoruba person to interpret that

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by DispatcherLagos: 4:54pm On May 03, 2023
ogify1:
you don see work for fueling station?
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by bikefab(m): 4:54pm On May 03, 2023
Nothing ventured nothing gained. Take the risks, you never know.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by diaspoAFRICANS: 4:58pm On May 03, 2023
Lymetsaucer:

Pretend to be making a call or actually have one of your friends call you and be discussing about the exact property he wanted. Thank me later!

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by goldmatrix(m): 5:06pm On May 03, 2023
DON'T

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by SURElee(f): 5:15pm On May 03, 2023
Lymetsaucer:

Your gut feeling already warned you and you ram yo social media to still ask? Which do you trust, your gut feeling or the social media feedback?

Can you trust yourself to make good informed decisions?

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Originalsly: 5:20pm On May 03, 2023
If you let him know ... he should fire you immediately. He should ask himself what other conversations did he eavesdrop on? ... does he know about me and Chioma? I can'thave a snake workingfor me.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by superCleanworks(m): 5:23pm On May 03, 2023
Lymetsaucer:
3 bedroom which he needs for a client and I have some.
Should I tell him?

it is not every deal you chase after

DONT BE LIKE FRANK LAMPARD

2 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by tdayoojo: 5:27pm On May 03, 2023
Lymetsaucer:

Keep your side hustle out of your official deal with your boss. Face your side hustle privately and if possible keep it away from your colleagues at work and face your Tech deal only with them. Let your boss handle his property business the he wants to. It is not your business at all. He may accuse you of using office time to cut other deal even when it not so. This may force him to sack you because he may now see you as competitor and a threat to his business. May God help you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Psoul(m): 5:32pm On May 03, 2023
Lymetsaucer:

Use a proxy
Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by correctguy101(m): 5:33pm On May 03, 2023
ignis:
Please don't... You shouldn't be eavesdropping his phone conversation... Na amebo be that... If he approaches you to ask if you know of any one, it's a different ball game.

As a matter of fact, insider secrets can propel anyone from Earth to the Moon.

And no matter what, I personally do not think it's wrong to obtain profitable insider secrets, no matter the means. He'll probably help the boss get rid of an headache while earning his rewards on the side.

Situations like this are easy to handle. If you believe your boss is narrow minded, then if you must, try get the deal done by proxy...

Otherwise some profits are best left alone.

My 2kobo.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Lymetsaucer(f): 5:41pm On May 03, 2023
Great insight.tnx
tdayoojo:

Keep your side hustle out of your official deal with your boss. Face your side hustle privately and if possible keep it away from your colleagues at work and face your Tech deal only with them. Let your boss handle his property business the he wants to. It is not your business at all. He may accuse you of using office time to cut other deal even when it not so. This may force him to sack you because he may now see you as competitor and a threat to his business. May God help you.
Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Lymetsaucer(f): 5:43pm On May 03, 2023
Otherwise some profits are best left alone..Noted
correctguy101:

As a matter of fact, insider secrets can propel anyone from Earth to the Moon.

And no matter what, I personally do not think it's wrong to obtain profitable insider secrets, no matter the means. He'll probably help the boss get rid of an headache while earning his rewards on the side.

Situations like this are easy to handle. If you believe your boss is narrow minded, then if you must, try get the deal done by proxy...

Otherwise some profits are best left alone.

My 2kobo.
Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Lymetsaucer(f): 5:45pm On May 03, 2023
Finally someone with experience has spoken
Guyman01:
The reality is he will rent the apartment from you but will likely not pay you any commission because he pays your salary and if you insist he will assume you toy around with his business while focusing on your side hustle which doesn't end well most times from my years of experience in the field.

Separate your side hustle from your employment under his company except if you want to come out openly and tell him you want him to add it to your schedule of work.

You can rent the place to him by proxy through a trusted colleague in the property business and even pretend to help him get a good bargain if you are allowed to be a part of the negotiation.

Tell your colleague (who must be a good marketer) to meet him directly with an offer that he has properties to rent with details without mentioning you as a party to the deal.
Make sure you also agree with your colleague on how much he will get from the commission if the deal is successful and if he plays his part very well

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by kaludestiny10(m): 5:46pm On May 03, 2023
One of the laws of power states that one should never outshine his master.
Another one says that one should conceal his intentions. Don't let your know that you too are into the real estate business. Do it on a coded level until you are ready to stand on your own fully then you can let your boss know about it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

16 Things You Can Relate To If You Ever Worked In A Bank -Zikoko! / Isah Barde, From Kano Who Designs Moving Robot With Cardboards / Ifeanyi, The Physically Challenged Mechanic In Abakaliki (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.