Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,589 members, 7,958,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:30 AM

The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship (9325 Views)

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) / Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State / Is This Really A Display Of A Bini [edo] Or A Yoruba Cultural Attire? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by NegroNtns(m): 5:21pm On Nov 02, 2011
There is no Yoruba that believe we descend from Israelites or Arabs.  I have said plenty times and I continue to believe that the Yoruba tongue is not indigeneous, it is Old Hebrew.  I also believe that individual sovereigns within the Yoruba commonwealth were co-locators and co-migrators with Lamarudu from Canaan, Yemen, Axum and indeed Nubia towards Kanem and South westward into Old Oyo before they spead southward toward the coast.  Yoruba is proto-semitic and not a descent of any of the modern day semitic at all but indeed an independent sovereignty and race with its own social structure and belief system.

Were there pre-existing natives on the land before the Lamarudu footprint, yes definitely there were but the arriving peoples' culture and customs became dominant culture and philosophy of what is today the Yorubaland in Nigeria. 

This is different from the Igbo perspective which continuously believe and claim descent from Jews.  It does not matter if you said it or someone else said it, the fact that majority of your people believe and pursue that association with a Jewish ancestry makes it equally true and applicable for you as a member in that social group. 

Fool, let us know when you find your Judea.
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by tpia5: 9:04pm On Nov 02, 2011
Yoruba is proto-semitic and not a descent of any of the modern day semitic at all

cant argue with that at least.
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by amor4ce(m): 9:23pm On Nov 02, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

There is no Yoruba that believe we descend from Israelites or Arabs.  I have said plenty times and I continue to believe that the Yoruba tongue is not indigeneous, it is Old Hebrew.  I also believe that individual sovereigns within the Yoruba commonwealth were co-locators and co-migrators with Lamarudu from Canaan, Yemen, Axum and indeed Nubia towards Kanem and South westward into Old Oyo before they spead southward toward the coast.  Yoruba is proto-semitic and not a descent of any of the modern day semitic at all but indeed an independent sovereignty and race with its own social structure and belief system.

Were there pre-existing natives on the land before the Lamarudu footprint, yes definitely there were but the arriving peoples' culture and customs became dominant culture and philosophy of what is today the Yorubaland in Nigeria. 

This is different from the Igbo perspective which continuously believe and claim descent from Jews.  It does not matter if you said it or someone else said it, the fact that majority of your people believe and pursue that association with a Jewish ancestry makes it equally true and applicable for you as a member in that social group. 

For instance, the Ijebu and Edo peoples
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by tpia5: 9:31pm On Nov 02, 2011
^ you cant fly over the itsekiri and artificially attempt to magically link ijebu and edo.

these things have a logical order which holds up to analysis.

its not fantasyland like many of you wish.
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by Rgp92: 11:29pm On Nov 02, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

NO NO NO!!!! YORUBA IS NOT OLD HEBREW!! Being black is not a bad thing. undecided We made this Show me anything art from jew or arab more beautiful than this.
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by tpia5: 6:22am On Nov 03, 2011
I also believe that individual sovereigns within the Yoruba commonwealth were co-locators and co-migrators with Lamarudu from Canaan, Yemen, Axum and indeed Nubia towards Kanem and South westward into Old Oyo before they spead southward toward the coast. Yoruba is proto-semitic and not a descent of any of the modern day semitic at all but indeed an independent sovereignty and race with its own social structure and belief system.

have you also checked a phoenician link?

just curious about the olokun factor.
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by exotik: 11:15am On Nov 03, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

lol, the more you talk, the dumber u sound. u spewed a pile of rubbish i dont give a shyt about. u wanted to know what links igbo-ukwu and ife, and i gave u examples. and u conveniently dodged that to come spew your hebrew-israelite bullshyte? proto-semitic my azz. you are not proto-semitic dumbazz, you are proto-emila. go research that, fool.
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by NegroNtns(m): 5:54pm On Nov 03, 2011
You are worse than a retard.

There is no connection between Yoreuba and Igbo Ukwu. The video you based your claim on was firm on that when it showed the map of Nigerai and laid the path of cultural inter-link between peoples and civilization and Igbo ukwu was not anywhere on the map. Where igbo ukwu would be is a blank field! What else do you want to prove on your bullcrap story of influence?

Type igbo jews in youtube and watch the video of your btothers making a flagrant fool of themselves and your tribe. Then type Yoruba jews and see what comes up, same igbo wanna-be's trying to force the world to see them as Jews. Type Hausa jews and see what comes up. . . . same fools! What does that tell you?

Mumu!!

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by exotik: 6:27pm On Nov 03, 2011
negro, shut your dumbass up! so why did they include igbo-ukwu if there was no correlation? why didn't they go search for a proto-semitic one? u are the r3tard. ive told u before and i will tell u again, u are not proto-semitic, u are proto-emila! try researching dat cos thats where your roots are.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by NegroNtns(m): 2:43am On Nov 04, 2011
Did you complete the youtube assignment? Report what you found.

Rgp and lakal have both given you the reason, I have also pointed you to the map evidence, I dont know how many more people it takes to sink it in your embittered spirit that

1. the association was to point to the fact that this knowledge of craft is not exclusive to Europe as had previously been preached. This reference was a demonstration, as to say . . . . . ."in fact, look, even a low and insignificant one among our indigenous peoples, Igboukwu, has the knowledge.". That reference was not to demonstrate parity or alliance or influence of any sort between the Imperial Ife and igboukwu. To further support that igboukwu is no non-entity, the map clearly illustrate where to look for parity at tat level of high civilization - igboukwu land was a blank.

You baboon started jumping for joy - yeee, yeee, look, they showed igboukwu art on tv, they showed my people. ode! To put everything in perspective for you, on the scale of Ife civilization and power, igboukwu is not even qualified to sit on that majestic foot stool shown in the video, much more to influence a village. How many people on your way to Ife did igboukwu influence?

You dont have shame! igbo ukwu ko, igbo goma ni!
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by amor4ce(m): 3:32am On Nov 04, 2011
small small o; ur choice of words is heavy and dey wan reverberate like thunder
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by exotik: 4:18am On Nov 04, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

in fact, look, even a low and insignificant one among our indigenous peoples, Igboukwu, has the knowledge.". 

and that is why when i say u are deluded, it is actually true and you have proven to be a true r3tard because those little voices in your head keep telling u some dumb shyt and u come here to spew it. but here is what was "actually" said

"Igbo-Ukwu brasses, one is of an elephant head, and those are about a thousand years old, and they prove that this was an autonomous African tradition"

the significance of that statement are:

1) they are older – meaning igbo-ukwu had the knowledge before ife
2) they prove that it is an indigenous tradition.

now, if it was not to prove influence, why did they add it there?  imperial ife ke? did ife have any military might? lol

and cant u see it was really nri that influenced ife? coz nri didnt have any military might either. they were both weak azzes who got easily conquered by who? the "edomites"   edo-mights grin grin
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by lakal(m): 6:07am On Nov 04, 2011
I think both of you are reading too deep into it.
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by lakal(m): 6:10am On Nov 04, 2011
exotik:

and that is why when i say u are deluded, it is actually true and you have proven to be a true r3tard because those little voices in your head keep telling u some dumb shyt and u come here to spew it. but here is what was "actually" said

"Igbo-Ukwu brasses, one is of an elephant head, and those are about a thousand years old, and they prove that this was an autonomous African tradition"

now, if it was not to prove influence, why did they add it there?  imperial ife ke? did ife have any military might? lol

and cant u see it was really nri that influenced ife? coz nri didnt have any military might either. they were both weak azzes who got easily conquered by who? the "edomites"   edo-mights grin grin

When was either Ife or Nri conquered by anyone else?
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by exotik: 6:15am On Nov 04, 2011
^^ well, oduduwa didnt literally fall from the sky, and u can go ask the nri people about asijie.
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by Ybutterfly: 1:26pm On Nov 04, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^wh@T d0Es IgB0 hAvE to Do with This TOpic^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ThIs i$ only abOut Yoruba and EDO^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^IGBo's have nO connection^^^^^^^^^^^^^ExCePt ThEiR JeWisH AnCesTors^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8WWqIuURGo
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-83609.0.html ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^ https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-774700.0.html
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-775708.32.html ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ pLeAsE StAy on ToPiC^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^iGb0's have nOthing tO Do wItH thi$^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by tpia5: 4:44pm On Nov 04, 2011
Exotik is just trying to derail the thread as usual.

In this instance, he lacks solid arguments so he's clutching at straws.
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by Chyz2: 4:47pm On Nov 04, 2011
tpia@:

Exotik is just trying to derail the thread as usual.

In this instance, he lacks solid arguments so he's clutching at straws.

He's not lacking a solid argument at all. Seems more like you all are unable to prove him wrong.
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by tpia5: 6:10pm On Nov 04, 2011
^This inability to form objective analysis is not good.

Regardless your personal feelings about an issue, its necessary to be able to look at things without wrangling over deep seated insecurities peculiar to the wrangler.

Lets stop proving lugard right.
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by exotik: 6:58pm On Nov 04, 2011
^ and u are so secured in your coven dat whoever does not come in with u is uhm insecure. so theres no surprise there. but maybe u need to get outta the coven and starting seeing the light.
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by exotik: 7:08pm On Nov 04, 2011
and btw, arent we all theorizing here?

negro nations aint the only one who can theorize and be an "ukpe ori'ota re", who know? or arent the edomites edo-mights no longer part of old hebrew? lol

so u take your old wangiu azz back into your coven, and go feast on your grandkids!
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by tpia5: 11:03pm On Nov 04, 2011
^^no doubt you're an expert on covens, seeing how you grew up in one, but why not start another thread to describe your experiences there.

as per this topic- you really need to check yourself and find out why you always go into a frenzy anytime you see something involving yoruba.

i dont blame you much- i blame the yoruba i.diots kissing your frigging asss.

your swollen head now knows no bounds.

did any yorubas scatter the thread on benin art, so why are you going around like a mad person just because you saw discussions involving yoruba?

were.
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by exotik: 11:20pm On Nov 04, 2011
wtf are u even talking about?  shocked

u see, this is the problem when u hang out in a coven for too long, it becomes really lonely and so many things start running through your empty head.

instead of talking about me and my supposed "insecurities", why dont u add to the topic? u are not adding anything, yet u claim im the one derailing the thread. okpe!

now get lost, idi0t.
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by tpia5: 11:26pm On Nov 04, 2011
^^we know you cant forget your family coven.

but this thread isnt about that.

do you need to open a separate topic so you can address your demons.

stop derailing this one, you goat.
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by exotik: 11:39pm On Nov 04, 2011
so wetin dey pain u for body? dat i contributed to a "yoruba" thread? if u want people to stop talking about your beloved "yoruba", tell your yoruba comrades to stop opening threads searching for the relationship btwn yorubas and other ethnic groups in nigeria and stay isolated. the thread was opened by a yoruba and your dumbass is here getting mad for contributions i made? lol

i know u love sweet mouth and cant resist kissing my chocolaty azz, so keep wrapping your fat kpomo-ish yoruboid lips around my azz. iyewe!
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by tpia5: 11:48pm On Nov 04, 2011
^^its all about home training, which you lack, and one can blame that on your witchy background.

this isnt your first time of attempting to scatter threads pertaining to yoruba.

na madness dey worry you- get help.

and on that note, carry your jungle mindset elsewhere and let human beings contribute to the thread.

now, if you respond to my post again, then you are truly jobless and a maniac and i will not be dragged down to your level.

so enjoy your conversation with yourself and whatever insults you throw out, apply to any XX chromosome in your dna.

bye.
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by exotik: 11:50pm On Nov 04, 2011
well, i guess we will have to wait and see how u can use your coven powers to stop me from posting on the thread when i have something to post.
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by exotik: 11:56pm On Nov 04, 2011
btw, tufia, bring your dumbass back here!

how is it scattering thread? because i said igbo-ukwu is older than ife, which i didnt make-up unlike your comrades who are theorizing about shyte that never happened? so that is what "scattered" the thread? but until then, everything was well arranged and in perfect order?
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by NegroNtns(m): 1:35am On Nov 05, 2011

Brass is a free metal and no particular race own it ecxlusively. So you cannot say Igboukwu had Brass Ife did not, therefore Ife got brass from igboukwu.

right or wrong? Answer that first and you have solved half the problem with your sour hatred.

The other half you can solve with this: igboukwu art is sub standard to Ife art and they are not of the same style and genre. Do you disagree?

Influence and power has nothing to do with age. There were many indigenous people on the land before Oduduwa arrived, in timeline their culture and native customs were older but yet they ended under the influence and sovereignty of Ife. Do you dispute this?

When you finish resolving these questions you speak up and let me know how igbo ukwu can claim sole ownership to brass or equate itself to the genre of productions in this artwork or infact use age as a measure of influential power.

Im waiting to hear what chief of igboukwu has to say on this.
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by amor4ce(m): 3:41am On Nov 05, 2011
Perhaps he's trying to add some humor

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-301373.0.html
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by Chyz2: 4:08am On Nov 05, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

The other half you can solve with this: igboukwu art is sub standard to Ife art and they are not of the same style and genre. Do you disagree?

Elaborate on this please. Also, tell me how something made after another can set a standard for its precedence? Another thing that makes you statement even more dumb is you saying that "they are not the same style and genre", then my other question would be since that is the case, who in the world could the be measure in standard since they aren't in the same classification? Thats like having a table and a chair and saying "who is the best table according to table standards",lol.
Re: The Yoruba-edo (or Edo-yoruba) Relationship by Rgp92: 9:56am On Nov 05, 2011
Chyz*:

Elaborate on this please. Also, tell me how something made after another can set a standard for its precedence? Another thing that makes you statement even more dumb is you saying that "they are not the same style and genre", then my other question would be since that is the case, who in the world could the be measure in standard since they aren't in the same classification? Thats like having a table and a chair and saying "who is the best table according to table standards",lol.

Igbo ukwu do look abit like head of ife. I really doubt there is any conection between the two. It would have been proven now, but it is not.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Are The Illushi People? / A Lesson To Fulani On NL, Never Forget Whom You Are / Young Igbo Princess In Traditional Igbo Regalia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.