Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' (4306 Views)

Keke Driver Advises Women To Stop Turning Them Down / What Attracts Women To Men? 11 Secrets / 14 Behavioural Changes In Ladies As They Advance In Age (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by AntiTerrorist: 4:28pm On May 04, 2023
The university's Office of Financial and Administrative Services revealed a list of terms on a webpage embedded within its "Diversity Commitment," denoting them all as "language [that] matters."

"Wimmin, Womyn and Womxn" were on the list released by the University of Texas. The term "Wimmin" was described as "A nonstandard spelling of the word 'women' used by feminists to avoid the word ending '- men."

Furthermore, "Womxn" could be used "to get away from patriarchal language."
https://www.albawaba.com/amp/editors-choice/us-university-changes-spelling-women-avoid-adding-men-1517456
Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by DONFRANSKID(m): 4:34pm On May 04, 2023
mad set of people.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by LordIsaac(m): 4:35pm On May 04, 2023
grin...they should change "menopause" too grin

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by GreatAchiever1: 4:35pm On May 04, 2023
The earlier they realized and accept the truth that man was not created for the woman but the woman for the man, the better their lives will be, so that all this madness go stop.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by Ihateheadslamer: 4:39pm On May 04, 2023
Let see if it will make it to the front desk tongue
Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by jeff1993: 4:41pm On May 04, 2023
Stupeeed set of genders
Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by AntiTerrorist: 4:46pm On May 04, 2023
I pity young Nigerian ladies who are coping this confused these Oyinbos. If retired feminists in western countries are regretting their past negative gender activism, a black poor Nigerian woman will regret times hundred more.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by Foodqueen(f): 4:48pm On May 04, 2023
Plenty things still de to change o.
Female nko

9 Likes

Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by theophorus(m): 5:00pm On May 04, 2023
Oshey!

Where this wokeness go carry una reach ehn, Na lost una go Lost finally come dey find way to the Conservative Life.

5 Likes

Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by NobleSeed(m): 5:02pm On May 04, 2023
words and opposite
words|opposite
Wimmnin |wonym
😂😂😂
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by MissSlimbody(f): 5:02pm On May 04, 2023
Na like this madness dey start o.

They should change "feMALE" too while at it.
Ndiala undecided undecided
Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by Zonefree(m): 5:20pm On May 04, 2023
When are they going to change the word "Menses" undecided

4 Likes

Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by Curtisaxel10: 5:24pm On May 04, 2023
Let them not forget "MENstruation" and "GYnecology"🙂

2 Likes

Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 04, 2023
Lol.. these people have mental issues but they just don't know it yet grin

5 Likes

Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by Pochettino(f): 5:57pm On May 04, 2023
We women need to be replaced ASAP!
Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by misreal(m): 9:38pm On May 04, 2023
LordIsaac:
and it becomes wonopause

4 Likes

Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by udede(m): 9:50pm On May 04, 2023
It was here that Soyinka described a lady as "shepopotamus"
Tha should be made official too, because e enter wella
Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by pansophist(m): 9:56pm On May 04, 2023
Try to open a new gmail address. It will ask you to choose either male or female, or if you want to customise it. Choose customise, then write anything there as your gender.

My gender from yesterday when I had to open a new email address was "attack helicopter". So from now guys, I'm an helicopter, and my new pronoun is "engine oil". Lol

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by Maxxim: 9:58pm On May 04, 2023
LordIsaac:
Abi fe-male
Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by Maxxim: 9:59pm On May 04, 2023
pansophist:
Try to open a new gmail address. It will ask you to choose either male or female, or if you want to customise it. Choose customise, then write anything there as your gender.

My gender from yesterday when I had to open a new email address was "attack helicopter". So from now guys, I'm an helicopter, and my new pronoun is "engine oil". Lol
😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by thesicilian: 10:13pm On May 04, 2023
And they wonder why their super power status is taking a nose dive into oblivion
Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by Alonso91(m): 11:13pm On May 04, 2023
They will have alot to change

1*Menopause
2* Menstrual cycle/pain
3*Gynecologist

Awon set of mad pipu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by Holybaddo: 12:38am On May 05, 2023
You don nack tomboy before 😂😂
Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by Vyzz: 12:52am On May 05, 2023
A short human will always think he is being looked down on

Now this is becoming to sound like inferiority complex as I don't see how changing the spell of a name will add value to a person

3 Likes

Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by Masterclass32: 1:23am On May 05, 2023
Crazy people. Ignoring important things to major on nonsense.

1 Like

Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by Regex: 3:51am On May 05, 2023
I am a black strong male and I currently identify as a white female lesbian. My pronoun is white lesbian, since everyone is going crazy.

3 Likes

Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by mu2sa2: 4:06am On May 05, 2023
Christian West with their wahala!
Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by MrAgbako: 10:45am On May 05, 2023
Why fight the natural order of things?😂

Without a man a woman is not complete but bitter feminist would wail and shout like panic chickens 😂

God took Adam rib and made eve.
Eve is to submit to Adam. And man and woman are to submit to God

1 Like

Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by spencekat(m): 11:24am On May 05, 2023
Foodqueen:
Plenty things still de to change o.
Female nko
Femail
Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by Nobody: 11:54am On May 05, 2023
grin grin grin Not new, I saw this in a cartoon (The croods 2) a couple of years ago. I believe they decided to go about it in a firmer way. Lol 😆 😂😂
If they like they should use mumu.

My concern is Africans getting a common language and Nigerians using one. We really need to make English language a secondary language . angry

1 Like

Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by Houseofglam7(f): 1:23pm On May 05, 2023
Many are mad and many are roaming undecided
Re: US University Changes Spelling Of 'Women' To Avoid Adding 'Men' by Kobicove(m): 1:51pm On May 05, 2023
Confused people undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Know What You Want; Men Are Time Wasters / Fat Girls Or Slim Girls / Playing Hard-to-get Could Be Costly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.