Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,727 members, 7,813,403 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike (29299 Views)

Keyamo to Momodu: You’re A Hopeless Clown, Your Attempt To Save PDP Is Poor / Femi Adesina: Inciting Comments Are Part Of Insecurity / Dino Melaye Asks Festus Keyamo To Recite Second Stanza Of The National Anthem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by FreedomfromtheT: 10:00pm On May 04, 2023
goodness4ever:
In all honesty, many of the clergymen who dabble into politics ought to stay off.
Notable statesmen including clergymen have the duty to call for correction of anomalities in the polity.
It is not right to swear in suspected election riggers when their cases are still in court.

1 Like

Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by FreedomfromtheT: 10:02pm On May 04, 2023
Moferere:
A lot of people who I think are learned are disappointments. Even Onaiyekan.
Such a disgrace.
What is wrong in what Cardinal Onayeikan said?
Have the courts told us who actually won the presidential election?
Is it right to swear in suspected election riggers when their cases are still in court?

1 Like

Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by FreedomfromtheT: 10:04pm On May 04, 2023
seunmsg:
It was a senseless comment and Onaiyekan deserves all the knocks he’s getting.
What is senseless is proposing that election cases in courts should be completed before swearing in elected officials so that election riggers would not benefit from their fraud?

1 Like

Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 10:05pm On May 04, 2023
seunmsg:
It was a senseless comment and Onaiyekan deserves all the knocks he’s getting.
really.. I pity this nation
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by FreedomfromtheT: 10:10pm On May 04, 2023
Houseontherock1:
God can't be mocked! This election has clearly shown we have more gods of men than men of God in Nigeria! All christians can't support a candidate just because he's one of us; we have other units of measure outside religion and these god's of men should know that!
Everybody is free to support any candidate.
Some men of God I believe equally supported other candidates.
But this is about correcting an observed anomaly which unfortunately has been on for long:
When an election is disputed and the cases is in court, the case should be done away with before the actual winner as declared by the courts should be sworn in. Simple.
Anybody who doesn't agree with the above certainly has something up his sleeves.

2 Likes

Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by FreedomfromtheT: 10:13pm On May 04, 2023
Gaabasky:
Since early 90s I started listening to Fela's song I don't give more attention to our men of God.

The worst was what happened during GEJ regime that pastor jet was turned to ammunition carriers.
What exactly is wrong with what Cardinal Onayeikan said?

1 Like

Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by Melagros(m): 10:26pm On May 04, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:
Keyamo is possessed by a strong demon from the marine.

He is an apostate,
I dey tell you
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by Poll23: 10:28pm On May 04, 2023
This KEYAMO is among few sensible.....God bless you with this candid advice
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by Alliswell248: 10:49pm On May 04, 2023
See finishing.
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:16am On May 05, 2023
Keyamooo is just doing what andoaka did during Yaradua era,a shameless charater,a damager of truth and destroyeI of moral uprightness angry
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by Roozzaay(m): 12:22am On May 05, 2023
Whenever money and selfish interests are involved, even the so-called religious leaders no dey shame
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by CoolAmbience(m): 12:48am On May 05, 2023
gasparpisciotta:
The Bishop may not have put it appropriately, IMO It will be unprecedented and chaotic if swearing is delayed I thinks it’s late.

The election tribunal should have been done with by now before the swearing in.

No need to put the Nation under a cloud in the aftermath of the elections.

I believe PBAT will address this anomaly so that we can continue rebuilding the country

Keyamo is a spoilt child, him and Dino should be friends.

The manner in which some of you talk is shameful, including Bishop Onaiyekan.

Have you been part of any preparations for any election petition before? Do you know how rigorous the process is?

The simple understanding to the effect that the law abhors vacuum should tell anyone that any winner declared ought to be sworn while the case continues in court? If the court can stop the inauguration of an elected public officer after declaration by INEC, even without exhausting all facts of the matter, what then is the job of INEC? We could as well allow the courts to conduct elections in Nigeria, make INEC rest sef.

Is it because Tinubu won that all of you now became Senior Advocates of Nigeria?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by nesphil(m): 1:14am On May 05, 2023
The truth will always taste bitter.
This Devil's advocate agn.

fergie001:
A follow-up to: Onaiyekan: It Makes No Sense To Swear In 'riggers' Whose Cases Are In Court

Festus Keyamo
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by KENFERDYOORI(m): 1:23am On May 05, 2023
In saner climes, Keyamo wouldn't be here talking openly embarassed
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by Jeffy1206(m): 1:32am On May 05, 2023
So if Obidients criticise people like soyinka for his nonsensical statements, una say we no get respect. Now who is doing it now? Ode man!
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by Slimzaddy: 3:03am On May 05, 2023
Please my people. I need assistance for me to be able to move my fufu bisnesss to the city.please 0165816293 GTB
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by obailala(m): 3:10am On May 05, 2023
israelmao:
Keyamo should learn a lesson from Rotimi Amaechi who led the breakaway PDP to APC in 2015 and gave Buhari all the needed support,he even went as far as accusing CAN of collecting N6bn bribe from Jonathan as campaign fund among other incessant smear campaigns against Jonathan in and out of office.Where is Ameachi today as we speak?He has been dumped in the wastebin of history.
How exactly was Amaechi dumped? A two time minister?
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by Handsum64: 4:39am On May 05, 2023
All these men of gullibles should know when to draw the line, they are becoming disgusting, twep, I spit on them
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by adexoramo(m): 5:35am On May 05, 2023
All this fake pastors called men of God won't seized to amaze me. Where were all this mad prophet when Obasanjo, Yaradua and Jonathan were all swore in despite their victory being challenged in court. Enikure gbogbo yin. Nigerians please wake up there is nothing like religion or man of God. Every organized religion were created and protected by man. Stop giving your hard earned money to pastors or Alfa God has no religion.
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by Bishopwizzy(m): 6:10am On May 05, 2023
The cleric said those who rigged the election knows themselves and Kayemo has affirmed it
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by Postinor: 6:24am On May 05, 2023
Loveagain:
Can't this Keyamo keep shot for once? Someone that even lost his polling unit still want to loot more from government.
shut not shot
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by Kasamadupe1: 6:29am On May 05, 2023
GreyLaw:

People don't change in old age. BAT will not address anything. In fact, elections will be worse. In the various states he will put his stooges and dem never born the person wey go fit fight BAT. I don't like him, but respect his strength and doggedness.

Very objective statement even though I am BAT supporter.
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by Kasamadupe1: 6:30am On May 05, 2023
Tntsi:
Truth hurts.
Kudos to the elderly statesman for putting out his voice in a time as these.

PODATTI is coming

Coming to come and and waste you people time in court. You will continue to lule
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by Paracetamol01: 6:45am On May 05, 2023
goodness4ever:
In all honesty, many of the clergymen who dabble into politics ought to stay off.
they should stay off while the Emirs stay in right ?
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by opeldavid: 6:52am On May 05, 2023
Kudos to the man of God. Light shall prevail over darkness. Truth over lies. We need men of honour like this to always speak truth to power.
Keyamo should be investigated for corruption, after siphoning public funds meant for unemployed youths , bought choice houses in the USA and Nigeria. Went fishing in Nigeria whereas millions of Nigerian youths are swimming in the pond of unemployment.
He has abandoned his duty to attack noble men of job. Something is definitely wrong with APC. APC is an evil party.
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by obama99: 7:15am On May 05, 2023
Go and beat him now. Since you think because you're a lawyer. You can intimidate and harrass people the way you like. The day the table will turn your case will be worse than what people haven't seen before.
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by Burob: 7:21am On May 05, 2023
Ofunaofu:
Festus kayemo have found his voice

Having been exposed for siphoning money meant for paying Nigerian youth engaged during the 774,000 job scheme and using the said money to buy choice properties in the US and Nigeria

Nonsense, quite sure you yourself don’t believe the thrash you purportedly exclaimed?
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by Burob: 7:22am On May 05, 2023
obama99:
Go and beat him now. Since you think because you're a lawyer. You can intimidate and harrass people the way you like. The day the table will turn your case will be worse than what people haven't seen before.
Father Bishop should stop playing the Hypocrite, so as to avoid spiritual lashing from the Holy Spirit.
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by IfnobeGod20: 7:28am On May 05, 2023
Festus Keyamo, are the clergy men not part of the society and are they not facing the maladministration as others are also facing it? Or are they buying fuel, rice, beans and other essentials more cheaper than others that they need not led their voice on issues that directly affect them, their family members and even their congregants.
I don't know why some people are so upset whenever MOG speak on issue that bother on governance and politics, as if the clergy men are special beings and doesn't faced by the problem of the society. Aristotle once said, "man is by nature a political animal”. If man is a political animal, should clergy men be different and bottle up their political interest because they are clergymen but other Islamic clerics will continue preaching and charging their members to occupy every available political space on the premise that the worst Muslim is far better than the best infidel (christian).
My problem is even the so called christians that give lifeline to attacking MOG that speak out, just for their political gains while the system go deeper into the ocean of maladministration. When the like of Oyedepo was shouting on top of his voice, many of us were against him but today his voice of reasoning is justified. Today everything he said has come to past. Record now has it that over 133m of Nigeria is now living in poverty while the prices of goods and services are beyond the reach of ordinary citizen. But that is not the concern of our so called christians that take delight to attack any clergy man that speak out, so far their interests are protected while many of the so called supporters are also facing the heat but dying in absolute silence. Suffering in silence as people will say.
Mr. Festus Keyamo and any of his APC supporters, I will be glad if any of you can point out any law broken by our revered Bishop Onaiyekan that he can not vent his interest, as you're also doing all over the net. Please I need the section of the law broken by our clergy man. The section of the constitution that says if you're a clergy man, you cannot led your voice on political issue. I am expecting Mr. Festus Keyamo or any of his surrogate to avail me with law so broken my Bishop.
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by obama99: 7:36am On May 05, 2023
Burob:
Father Bishop should stop playing the Hypocrite, so as to avoid spiritual lashing from the Holy Spirit.

So it's your job to talk to elderly people the way you like , leave the bishop thing out of it. There is a moral standard required of a lawyer and he should not think he can verbally harrass people who make there personal opinion known.
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by jogojogo: 7:40am On May 05, 2023
Houseontherock1:
God can't be mocked! This election has clearly shown we have more gods of men than men of God in Nigeria! All christians can't support a candidate just because he's one of us; we have other units of measure outside religion and these god's of men should know that!
I like the way God disgraced all of them
He shock them and all of them messed up
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by 9jaRealist: 7:40am On May 05, 2023
N3TRAL:
The just concluded general elections have exposed the ignorance of "exposed" Nigerians regarding the organisation of society.

The law abhors vacuum. The constitution prohibits a leadership lacuna.

The position of the law is that a candidate who is declared elected by INEC is constitutionally qualified to occupy the office he was elected into until a court of competent jurisdiction declares otherwise.

The timeline set by the law for determination of election petition by the election tribunal is 180 days from the date of filing the petition.

The court has to carefully scrutinize the prayers of the parties and avoid reaching a decision per incuriam . The Labour Party, the PDP and their candidates filed their respective petitions on the last day of the 21 days stipulated by law to avoid mistakes. They made use of their complete 21 days to avoid rush and to present well researched and compelling arguments.

The Tribunal is obliged to deliver judgment after it carefully exhausts its 180 days to avoid error. Don't pressure the court!

Not even remotely the point… embarassed

What the Rev said was that election petitions should be concluded prior to any officeholder being sworn-in…
It’s not rocket science, and frankly it’s something that other nations (even fellow African nations like Kenya, Ghana, etc.) do!

Instead of discussing SUBSTANCE, Kayemo launches into an ad hominem attack…
Such quick trigger resort to personal attacks merely betrays the lack of a substantive argument or a CRUDE family upbringing!

>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

South Africa Plans To Return Seized Nigerian Money To Buhari After May 29 / Femi Hamzat Ignores Ambode In His Thank You Message For Dad's Burial / APC State Chairmen Meet Sunday Over Ultimatum To Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.