Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,139 members, 7,829,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike (29336 Views)

Keyamo to Momodu: You’re A Hopeless Clown, Your Attempt To Save PDP Is Poor / Femi Adesina: Inciting Comments Are Part Of Insecurity / Dino Melaye Asks Festus Keyamo To Recite Second Stanza Of The National Anthem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by IfnobeGod20: 7:41am On May 05, 2023
goodness4ever:
In all honesty, many of the clergymen who dabble into politics ought to stay off.
Please for what reason? May be they are not facing the problems others are also facing. They are buying goods at a more cheaper price than the rest. If I may ask you what law forbids them not to talk about politics? Please can you tell me the section of the law.

1 Like

Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by 9jaRealist: 7:44am On May 05, 2023
N3TRAL:
The Tribunal is obliged to deliver judgment after it carefully exhausts its 180 days to avoid error. Don't pressure the court!

Btw, the 180-day provision is the MAXIMUM and not a minimum…
Accordingly, serious-minded tribunal(s) could get it done expeditiously!
>
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by 9jaRealist: 7:46am On May 05, 2023
goodness4ever:
In all honesty, many of the clergymen who dabble into politics ought to stay off.

Exactly! Look at the damage done by folks like Desmond Tutu and others…oh, wait! SMH undecided
>
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by dallyemmy: 7:55am On May 05, 2023
That is if judiciary is completely independent of the other arms of government.
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by IfnobeGod20: 7:55am On May 05, 2023
CoolAmbience:

The manner in which some of you talk is shameful, including Bishop Onaiyekan.

Have you been part of any preparations for any election petition before? Do you know how rigorous the process is?

The simple understanding the law abhors vacuum should tell anyone that any winner declared ought to be sworn while the case continues in court? If the court can stop the inauguration of an elected public officer after declaration by INEC, even without exhausting all facts of the matter, what then is the job of INEC? We could as well allow the courts to conduct elections in Nigeria, make INEC rest sef.

Is it because Tinubu won that all of you now became Senior Advocates of Nigeria?

I think some of you have knowledge but lacked voice of reasoning. What Bishop Onaiyekan is advocating is, election rigger should not benefit in his election rigging and he was not particular about the presidency, he made mentioned of governors also and I think in good conscience and judgement why must election riggers be sworn in and later be removed by court without punishment. At least in Nigeria, we have seen where elections have been annulled and another party declared winner of an election that INEC had once declared the party as loser and that is why we have in many states off season elections.
You people should try and reason than making everything political for no reason.
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by adammarkan(m): 8:11am On May 05, 2023
Nice!!!
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by ezekins: 8:35am On May 05, 2023
So the this stupid keyamo i used to see in bode Thomas Street has joined the cabals to be working against the interest of the masses.
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by NairaMaster1(m): 8:44am On May 05, 2023
Ofunaofu:
Festus kayemo have found his voice

Having been exposed for siphoning money meant for paying Nigerian youth engaged during the 774,000 job scheme and using the said money to buy choice properties in the US and Nigeria

They will use him and dump him. No Muslim politician will disrespect any Imam like the Christian politicians do.
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by olaadesino(m): 9:20am On May 05, 2023
Loveagain:
Can't this Keyamo keep shot for once? Someone that even lost his polling unit still want to loot more from government.
That is not the issue
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by olaadesino(m): 9:24am On May 05, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
Festus keyamo has been sent to attack the honourable clergyman. You are no more interested in providing jobs for Nigerians. You are now using looted funds to go fishing in the USA. You are now Apc's defence dog. What can nake a man live such confused and hopeless life

. Your dreams and that of your Parry Apc is to have only people who support your wickedness like in the days of the Nazi era.

You are against protest, you have choked the life out of the media houses with fines, you have arrested dissentibg forces while your party and masters pepetrate evil upon Nigerians.

Anyone against the corruption and nepotism, rascality, fraud is labelled a PO loser. That will not stop anyone from calling your wicked Acts in public. Tell your Daddy in Christ to keep away from politic and religion bigotry.

There is time for everything. Your time will come and go festus
Today you have secured your house worth over 400milion Dollars after been unproductive in your Ministry..
You are a shameless man
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by olaadesino(m): 9:27am On May 05, 2023
KingsCity:
I can see that Keyamo has made it a point of duty to insult respected men of God

Pray He doesn’t attract wrath of God on himself
Which man are you?
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by OsunOriginal: 9:29am On May 05, 2023
fergie001:
A follow-up to: Onaiyekan: It Makes No Sense To Swear In 'riggers' Whose Cases Are In Court

Festus Keyamo

Don't mind the crooks calling themselves "Man of God". How can hypocrites (as Onaiyekan just displayed) claim to be of God?

Muslim-mulim presidency still dey peper them. If care is not taken, we will join Israel in proposing an executive order banning christianity in our land.
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by middlebelter(m): 9:31am On May 05, 2023
fergie001:
A follow-up to: Onaiyekan: It Makes No Sense To Swear In 'riggers' Whose Cases Are In Court

Festus Keyamo

I am from Kogi state like the respected clergyman but I completely disagree with him. The question is whose interest is the clergy trying to protect here? Can we afford a vaccum and its consequences?
The clergy has all the opportunity to help Okunland when GEJ was president, but he didn't influence anything to Kabba. not even the University that was initially planned to be sited in Kabba.
I just hope this will not be sending the wrong signal to BAT about Okun people. If it is not Dino "singing Baba wey no well" and it will be most Senior Okun Priest in Catholic caaling for delay in swearing-in.
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by Kilometres: 9:46am On May 05, 2023
fuckingAyaya:
Them hack ur account?

I want to believe he forgot to switch accounts)

1 Like

Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by chelseaboy1985(m): 9:55am On May 05, 2023
what is really the job of festus keyamo in this government ?
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by EvangelistChuks(m): 11:20am On May 05, 2023
Keyamo it’s only a matter of 3 weeks and your tune and body language will Change.
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by Celestinednl(m): 12:12pm On May 05, 2023
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by omooba74(m): 12:24pm On May 05, 2023
Who are men of God? Ask yourself,are u man of devil?
KingsCity:
I can see that Keyamo has made it a point of duty to insult respected men of God

Pray He doesn’t attract wrath of God on himself
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by dom(m): 12:53pm On May 05, 2023
Keyamo is just licking a$$ to be appointed attorney general.

Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by jimcaddy(m): 1:40pm On May 05, 2023
This Festus Keyamo guy is really doing his job well defending the APC. Afterall he is on their payroll. But he yarns dust sometimes. Ideally in a sane environment, the tribunal should have decided before swearing in. But Nigeria is kuku not a same country. When the whole world goes right, Nigeria will choose to go left.
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by CoolAmbience(m): 12:00pm On May 06, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

I think some of you have knowledge but lacked voice of reasoning. What Bishop Onaiyekan is advocating is, election rigger should not benefit in his election rigging and he was not particular about the presidency, he made mentioned of governors also and I think in good conscience and judgement why must election riggers be sworn in and later be removed by court without punishment. At least in Nigeria, we have seen where elections have been annulled and another party declared winner of an election that INEC had once declared the party as loser and that is why we have in many states off season elections.
You people should try and reason than making everything political for no reason.

In your narrow thinking, which is not any different from that of Onaiyekan, how do you sit at a place and conclude that someone rigged election?

In law, isn't an accused deemed innocent until proven otherwise by a court of appropriate jurisdiction? So, what now is the basis for your long, empty epistle? What is the take away from Onaiyekan's remark?

As far as any intelligible mind is concerned, Onaiyekan is just being unnecessarily paranoid and unreasonable. Peter Obi was his candidate in the last election and has lost. Onaiyekan is being emotional. There were others from the Labour Party that won elections, even at the expense of sitting governors.

What nonsense are you and Onaiyekan advocating? Must Peter Obi win for everyone to believe that the election was credible? Obi couldn't have won Tinubu. I said it here severally. You can investigate. This is the presidency of the most populous black people in the world that we are talking about.

Tinubu has religious balance working for him as against an Obi that is clearly a bigot. Forget what you see on Tv and read in the papers. Obi is a huge part of the Catholicization and Anglicanization of Anambra. All that became rife and institutionalized under him. For you to govern Anambra, you have to be a Catholic; and the Deputy Governor has to be Anglican.

Asking that or advocating that election winners be prevented from being sworn in until court issues are sorted out is like asking the court to now determine true winners of elections on their own. What will now be the mandate or usefulness of INEC when their declarations could just be swept by the courts, almost immediately after they are made?

Abeg, make you and Onaiyekan go sidon, you think this is about being a Cardinal? This is not religion that we are discussing. We are talking something more complex.
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by IfnobeGod20: 1:02pm On May 06, 2023
CoolAmbience:

In your narrow thinking, which is not any different from that of Onaiyekan, how do you sit at a place and conclude that someone rigged election?

In law, isn't an accused deemed innocent until proven otherwise by a court of appropriate jurisdiction? So, what now is the basis for your long, empty epistle? What is the take away from Onaiyekan's remark?

As far as any intelligible mind is concerned, Onaiyekan is just being unnecessarily paranoid and unreasonable. Peter Obi was his candidate in the last election and has lost. Onaiyekan is being emotional. There were others from the Labour Party that won elections, even at the expense of sitting governors.

What nonsense are you and Onaiyekan advocating? Must Peter Obi win for everyone to believe that the election was credible? Obi couldn't have won Tinubu. I said it here severally. You can investigate. This is the presidency of the most populous black people in the world that we are talking about.

Tinubu has religious balance working for him as against an Obi that is clearly a bigot. Forget what you see on Tv and read in the papers. Obi is a huge part of the Catholicization and Anglicanization of Anambra. All that became rife and institutionalized under him. For you to govern Anambra, you have to be a Catholic; and the Deputy Governor has to be Anglican.

Asking that or advocating that election winners be prevented from being sworn in until court issues are sorted out is like asking the court to now determine true winners of elections on their own. What will now be the mandate or usefulness of INEC when their declarations could just be swept by the courts, almost immediately after they are made?

Abeg, make you and Onaiyekan go sidon, you think this is about being a Cardinal? This is not religion that we are discussing. We are talking something more complex.

What I just see in your comment is, many of you have knowledge but lack wisdom. Wisdom is so far from you people that one need to just take time and spoon feed you people.

If you'd applied wisdom and not base it on your knowledge alone, you would have known that Cardinal Onaiyekan was advocating for speedy dispensation of justice as not to swear in election riggers as commonly done in the past. Trying to reward election riggers with people's mandate brings more of setback than progress. Taking case study of many countries of the world, they exhausted all cases before swearing in of their winners. Few years ago, Kenya conducted a presidential election and before the swearing in, their Supreme court sat on the cases and the election was annulled because their electoral umpire breached their own guidelines for the election and a new election date was scheduled and conducted. If the said winner had been sworn in and later the same Supreme court annul the election, that would have altered the system and create a kind of lacuna. Same way America, whose constitution we borrowed will exhaust theirs before swearing in.

Well, I don't blame you because we live in a country where abnormality is a norm and many believe no matter what or the level of infractions in the presidential election, it cannot be annulled. I have listened to many people interview on TVs. That's the kind of mentality that many are carrying about.

Tinubu has a religion balance working for him but went to chose Muslim as a vice. Please how many votes does he have in christian dominated states? The two christian dominated states INEC claimed he won, Benue and Rivers, the results posted on IREVs disproved that. The places he scooped votes were muslim populated states and south west his constituency. Please show me any christian dominated states he won massively like he won in the muslim dominated states. More than 60% of his votes are from muslim dominated states.

Please is Cardinal Onaiyekan also talking about religion or politics? Did he ask you to open your Bible or Qur'an when he was sharing his own opinion, the same way you're sharing yours here? What is the big deal that the revered Cardinal cannot share his opinion, same way Sultan of Sokoto did during Ramadan celebration, when he advised election petitioners to drop their petitions and move on. That was his opinion and nobody attack him for airing his opinion but anytime a pastor talks, it becomes a big deal to you people. Why this double standard from you people?
Re: Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike by Believeintruth: 10:29am On May 08, 2023
IpobAntidote:

Rubbish trash. Tell that to your brainwashed zombies who believe on all that nonsense. He's just a man like myself. He might even be a worse person in front of God than myself.
All in all, I don't give a rat's ass about any so called man of god. They are just human beings like anyone else. It's all self made titles.

Another unwise and senseless comment from you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC To Seize Akpabio's Properties Over N108bn Fraud / Photos Of Senator Jonah Jang In Court Today / MKO Abiola: Fayose Reacts, Suggests Best Honour For Late Politician

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.