Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,584 members, 7,812,911 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

I Don't Think This Marriage Can Work Any Longer(photos) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Don't Think This Marriage Can Work Any Longer(photos) (4581 Views)

Unhappy Bride & Groom: Can This Marriage Last More Than A Year? (Video) / If This Marriage Doesn't Work Out I Know Just Who To Blame (photos) / I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Think This Marriage Can Work Any Longer(photos) by CaveAdullam: 7:23pm On May 04, 2023
If "people lack common sense", it means that that sense is not common. What is common ought to be easily obtained by many people. It is common sense because you've been able to brood on it over time, which has made it soft like potato inside a hot water.

Anytime people fail in performing in what relates to "common sense" know that such sense isn't common. Or they have low intelligence to understand and decipher a problem. Or they lack the wisdom to take action.

Marriage is not easy. It involves a lot of tradeoffs on the sides of both parties. Many people can't even rule themselves not to talk of brushing, greasing, and maintaining their edges when in close relationship with others or a sexual union.

By instinct, a woman knows how to take care of her baby. It's a biological imperative. However, she has seen how other women nurture their kids + she's supported by other women after conception on how to raise her kids.

Marriages has been existing and are COMMON, but modern couples are failing because they only see two people in the union but are not cognizant of the tradeoffs, the fights, the quarrels, and the tough decisions made behind the scene. All these make marriage hard.

Marriage is not a one-person game. If the man lacks the qualities of a leader, he can't lead. If the woman lacks discernment about the details of leadership she can't follow a leader.

For the woman to be submissive and play her role, the husband must be a good leader; for the man to remain firm as a leader, he needs the unrelenting support of his wife.

Marriage is not the place to please the sensibilities of anyone. It is an altar - a place of sacrifice. The essence of that sacrifice is to build a long-lasting dynasty that springs from their loins.

It hurts to sacrifice a pleasure. It hurts to live disciplined when being liberal is exhilarating. It hurts to lay down your half with the hope of getting one even though you are full of legitimate doubts.

These sacrifices made, pains willingly incurred, and pleasures disposed of for the greater gain are the mitochondria of every successful marriage. It is not visible to the eyes of people outside. It is not a COMMON SENSE.

What is common is their outings and children, which makes marriage seems easy. But none is cognizant of the secrets in the dark and the prerequisites to celebrate the 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50th marriage anniversaries.

The common man and common woman come into marriage for sexual and material opportunities respectively, with the prospect of a happily ever after without considering the long road.

They want the satiation of their sensibilities - this is mostly true for the female who expects to be kissed and pampered like a little feminine infant. And when they don't get the supply as expected they become bothered and grieves towards divorce.

Marriage is not easy. It involves a lot of work. The sense to make it work and last long is UNCOMMON. It is uncommon because the average human is emotional and wants to live in a comforting shell.

And it doesn't take to climb great mountains to get this sense. It can't be seen because of the high level of solipsism.

If you step out of your shell, the uncommon becomes common.

Here: https://twitter.com/baba_cave/status/1654055555059654657?t=d-eUCVl9gd1plPh6YWoEng&s=19

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Don't Think This Marriage Can Work Any Longer(photos) by CaveAdullam: 7:24pm On May 04, 2023
Last.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Think This Marriage Can Work Any Longer(photos) by Dangrace01: 8:41pm On May 04, 2023
Boss this is deep

Respect

5 Likes

Re: I Don't Think This Marriage Can Work Any Longer(photos) by MMempire(m): 12:09am On May 05, 2023
Epistle of?

1 Like

Re: I Don't Think This Marriage Can Work Any Longer(photos) by sharpwriter(m): 5:15am On May 05, 2023
MMempire:
Epistle of?
Marital Sense!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Think This Marriage Can Work Any Longer(photos) by apatheticme(f): 10:42am On May 05, 2023
Beautiful Piece!

1 Like

Re: I Don't Think This Marriage Can Work Any Longer(photos) by Nobody: 11:18am On May 05, 2023
I wish I could like and share this balanced write-up a million times cry

This is going into my Nl journal cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Think This Marriage Can Work Any Longer(photos) by jaybee345(m): 7:15pm On May 05, 2023
This is such a beautiful thread

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Think This Marriage Can Work Any Longer(photos) by Meedon: 7:46pm On May 05, 2023
This thread deserves front page.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Think This Marriage Can Work Any Longer(photos) by squash47(m): 8:17pm On May 05, 2023
Same old story.
Re: I Don't Think This Marriage Can Work Any Longer(photos) by fourboys: 8:48pm On May 05, 2023
Nice thread

1 Like

Re: I Don't Think This Marriage Can Work Any Longer(photos) by Kobojunkie: 10:45pm On May 05, 2023
CaveAdullam:
If "people lack common sense", it means that that sense is not common. What is common ought to be easily obtained by many people. It is common sense because you've been able to brood on it over time, which has made it soft like potato inside a hot water. Anytime people fail in performing in what relates to "common sense" know that such sense isn't common. Or they have low intelligence to understand and decipher a problem. Or they lack the wisdom to take action.
Lacking commonsense does not necessarily mean commonsense itself is not common. Rather, it means they refuse to apply commonsense everywhere necessary. If you head out there you are bound to find many examples of men and women who boast of great work ethic and an equally great relationship with coworkers or church members, etc. These are people who are well aware that a relationship requires a lot of work and they have experience to back this up. However, there is no guarantee that these same people put this knowledge and experience to work in their dealings with their intimate partners or even children. They may choose not to put in the same amount of effort in building those bonds for reasons best known to them.
* Is it a commonsense issue? Yes!
* Does it mean these people lack commonsense? Yes!

Even when well aware of the right thing in each case, people sometimes lack the good sense/judgment to apply it everywhere necessary. undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

She Is Crazy Of My Lips,eyes And Voice! / Can Any1 Bear Dis>? And Still Stay In Dis Kind Of Relationship..advise Pls / Check Up S£XY Photos From Amber Rose’s 32nd Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.