Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,078 members, 7,811,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles (32020 Views)

Buhari Bids Tam David-West Farewell / President Buhari Bids Super Eagles Farewell To Russia 2018 In State House (pics) / President Buhari Bids Super Eagles Farewell To Russia 2018 : Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles by ijustdey: 10:20pm On May 05, 2023
President Muhammadu Buhari bid farewell to His Majesty, King Charles III, on Friday, saying his current trip to the UK would be his last official…

President Muhammadu Buhari bid farewell to His Majesty, King Charles III, on Friday, saying his current trip to the UK would be his last official engagement with the monarch.

The President stated this while addressing his colleagues at the Commonwealth Leaders Summit as part of the major events leading to the coronation of the monarch as King of the United Kingdom and Leader of the Commonwealth.

At the event with the theme: “The Commonwealth as a body and the role of the Youth”, Buhari thanked other world leaders, expressing joy at shared aspirations and values within the period he related with them.

“As I come before you today, I am also mindful that this would be my last official engagement with His Majesty The King and some of you as I leave office on 29 May 2023. I, therefore, feel both humble and grateful for this extraordinary and significantly important moment.”

“Over the years, I have worked cordially with the leaders of Commonwealth to achieve the values and principles of the Commonwealth which are shared by its members – the aspirations of the Commonwealth family which include positioning it to be a strong and respected voice in the world and improving the lives of all its citizens are being vigorously pursued,” he said.

He said the country learnt lessons in the conduct of the 2023 general elections which would make subsequent polls even better.

Buhari expressed satisfaction with the conduct of the 2023 general elections in Nigeria considering the turnout of voters and the generally peaceful atmosphere under which it took place.

According to the President, “these elections saw a remarkable turnout of voters and proof that Nigeria’s democracy is maturing. Despite some pockets of violence, we have demonstrated that a government can be elected peacefully and fairly.

“Lessons have been learnt and moving forward, we hope to perform even better. Based on this, I am delighted to note that we have taken another step towards deepening our democracy with peaceful, transparent and credible outcomes. Though we are aware that challenges still exist, we are committed to working towards a greater participation of all Nigerians in the democratic process, including those in the diaspora.”

While thanking the Commonwealth for sending a team to witness the conduct of the elections, he noted that the elections were generally free and fair, and the mood of the Nation after the announcement of the winners so far shows that democracy in Nigeria is maturing and can only get better.

President Buhari highlighted the key role Nigerian youths played during the elections as well as in support of national development, attributing a great part of this youth participation in the General Elections to the assent of ‘Not Too Young To Run’ Bill signed into law by his Administration in 2018.

He announced that Nigeria would also host the Commonwealth Youth and Students Summit for African Region, with the theme, ‘Making Change Happen’ in Abuja from May 9-11, this year.

https://dailytrust.com/this-will-be-my-last-official-engagement-buhari-bids-farewell-to-king-charles/

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles by Hezzyluv: 10:27pm On May 05, 2023
May 29, come already let this container laden of failure give way.

One thing I'm so certain about, it would take hard work and dedication of studying failure as a course (single major) to beat Buhari's record of incompetence. angry

183 Likes 15 Shares

Re: This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles by rayvelez(m): 10:37pm On May 05, 2023
Useless President

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles by christejames(m): 10:40pm On May 05, 2023
Posterity will be cruel to you, Mr Buhari

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 05, 2023
Stupid man.

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles by Tinubuderanged: 11:16pm On May 05, 2023
Hezzyluv:

One thing I'm so certain about, it would take hard work and dedication of studying failure as a course (single major) to beat Buhari's record of incompetence. angry
the drug lord is worst.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles by Tinubuderanged: 11:18pm On May 05, 2023
It's better to have Buhari for another 8 years than having a corrupt drug Barron for 4 years.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles by DispatcherLagos: 11:26pm On May 05, 2023
I wanted to say congratulations to Nigerians then I realized that it'll be Tinubu that may succeed this I. diot so, accept my condolences Nigerians

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles by allthingsgood: 11:31pm On May 05, 2023
I love buhari

And I super love daddy tinubu wink

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles by GreyLaw(m): 11:48pm On May 05, 2023
He said it would be his last official assignment WITH THE KING. That doesn't preclude him from other official engagements that require travelling.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles by Maize247(f): 11:51pm On May 05, 2023
Yes Daddy. Despite the ups and downs of this administration and its average performance in office, If Buhari decides to extend his tenure and refuses to hand over to Tinubu, he will become hero to the children of hate overnight and all his sins will be forgiven by these children. Evil people will not succeed in Nigeria and they will perish in the red sea like the then devils. The new Nigeria is here already with Tinubu

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles by Zonefree(m): 11:57pm On May 05, 2023
Tinubuderanged:
It's better to have Buhari for another 8 years than having a corrupt drug Barron for 4 years.
I had mixed feelings reading this. Don't know whether to say "true" or to say "God forbid".

Buhari and Tinubu are not fit to become SUG president in a sane school.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles by RamseyKush: 9:17am On May 06, 2023
We won't miss you bastard man🤣🤣🤣
He is always playing with our sanity with his sarcastic talks🤣🤣
The problem now is the person that succeeded him, that one doesn't have what it takes to lead a country 😑

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles by cuba62(m): 9:17am On May 06, 2023
Please shut the door on your way out. The worst president in the history of the country. Your legacy is intertwined with Mobutu Sese Seko and Idi Amin of Uganda. Nonsense

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles by Kellys26: 9:17am On May 06, 2023
The worst administration in the history of Nigeria

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles by Nobody: 9:17am On May 06, 2023
allthingsgood:
I love buhari

And I super love daddy tinubu wink

Say it till you believe it.

2 Likes

Re: This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles by Fuckyoumod: 9:17am On May 06, 2023
Useless man...

How much did you meet the dollar?
How much is a dollar now?

How much is a liter of fuel?
How much is a bag of rice?
God will judge you and your family.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles by Cmanforall: 9:18am On May 06, 2023
Hezzyluv:

Many Nigerians can't wait for May 29th.

One thing is certain, no president can underperform him.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles by tnerro1(m): 9:19am On May 06, 2023
Thank God oooooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles by ManWater: 9:19am On May 06, 2023
Na so.
Soldier Come, Soldier Go; Barrack Remain.
Re: This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles by Patrickyemi: 9:21am On May 06, 2023
Nice one. Do you know that you can make money on YouTube talking about politics both in Nigeria and international? If interested mention me + plus hold your 1kay.
Re: This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles by GRACEGLORY: 9:21am On May 06, 2023
Never shall Nigeria meet you or your generation again, goodbye, farewell.

8 Likes

Re: This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles by Adebowale89(m): 9:21am On May 06, 2023
Tinubuderanged:

you fools chose Peter obi over Umahi, a performer to a saint sinner

who's buying you igbo organ seller cheap android phone sef

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles by Brushstrokes20: 9:23am On May 06, 2023
# such a HUGE RELIEF....
BIG CONGRATS to Nigerians!
SORROW, TEARS AND BLOOD are your REGULAR TRADEMARK undecided
Pls do and '' come and be going "......

SANE Nigerians can't wait for your exit from office! undecided
# Nigeria's WORST BLUNDER!

6 Likes

Re: This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles by Godstiger(m): 9:24am On May 06, 2023
An official disaster

2 Likes

Re: This Will Be My Last Official Engagement, Buhari Bids Farewell To King Charles by BrotherFolake: 9:25am On May 06, 2023
😎

Buhari should do fast and vacate office.

The South is eager to take over

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate President Saraki Finally Eats Humble Pie, Reaches Out To Ahmed Tinubu / EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador / The Deola Diadem Full Story + Pics (as Told By Deola's Hater)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.