Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More (10475 Views)

Imagine If Nigeria's Past Heroes Were Instagram Users... Lmao See For Yaself / If Nigeria Was To Divide.... / If NIGERIA Was To Divide Which Region Will SUFFER Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by jason123: 8:53pm On Sep 25, 2011
Onlytruth:

We are talking about a divided Nigeria right?
If that is the case, there will be NO SS.
There will be Ijaw nation; and then other nations out of that same SS.
Gerrit folks. cool

And offshore oil will remain the property of ALL countries carved out of Nigeria.
That is the only way.

Joker!!! No one will ever accept such a deal.
Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by jason123: 8:56pm On Sep 25, 2011
@OP
Odua republic (with 3 capitals in Ibadan, Warri and Benin)
Biafra republic
Ijaw nation (ND republic DOES NOT EXIST!)
Arewa republic
Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by Onlytruth(m): 8:58pm On Sep 25, 2011
Posted by: jason123

Joker!!! No one will ever accept such a deal.

I'm telling you an inevitable truth.
You think aboki would walk away like that? You gotta be kiddin'.

It is the only deal they would accept.
Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by jason123: 9:02pm On Sep 25, 2011
Onlytruth:

I'm telling you an inevitable truth.
You think aboki would walk away like that? You gotta be kiddin'.

It is the only deal they would accept.

Maybe the off shore oil in Ijaw republic or Biafra republic (if you guys like it like that undecided or the Ijaws are with you guys in Biafra). As for Odua republic? HELL NO!! You will be shocked when that time comes!
Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by Onlytruth(m): 9:10pm On Sep 25, 2011

Maybe the off shore oil in Ijaw republic or Biafra republic (if you guys like it like that or the Ijaws are with you guys in Biafra). As for Odua republic? HELL NO!! You will be shocked when that time comes!

The truth is that I am one Igbo man that is very difficult to predict.
I am a pragmatist beyond belief.
I know that some of you Yorubas (yes you are Yoruba) are scared to death about Nigeria dividing; but you don't have to be if you get your share of "the national cake". That oil will keep flowing for everybody in the interest of peace. cool

In any case, I suspect that Aboki is the main person to make the proposals to.
He only needs oil and access to the sea, and he will get both if I have my say. cool
Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by Onlytruth(m): 9:11pm On Sep 25, 2011
If Biafra had my type at the helm, there is no way we would still be in Nigeria today.
Yes, I said it. cool
Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by Relax101(m): 9:22pm On Sep 25, 2011
jason123:

@OP
Odua republic (with 3 capitals in Ibadan, Warri and Benin)
Biafra republic
Ijaw nation (ND republic DOES NOT EXIST!)
Arewa republic

Wetin concern Warri with Odua Rep? Stop am.
Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by Omarbah: 9:26pm On Sep 25, 2011
If this country gets divided, everyone will regret it. Endless conflicts will start. Who will resolve the questions of
oil profits?
Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by jason123: 9:27pm On Sep 25, 2011
Onlytruth:

The truth is that I am one Igbo man that is very difficult to predict.
I am a pragmatist beyond belief.
I know that some of you Yorubas (yes you are Yoruba) are scared to death about Nigeria dividing; but you don't have to be if you get your share of "the national cake". That oil will keep flowing for everybody in the interest of peace.  cool

In any case, I suspect that Aboki is the main person to make the proposals to.
He only needs oil and access to the sea, and he will get both if I have my say.  cool

No access to sea and oil in Odua! . .and if to you, I am Yoruba. Then, so be it! I guess Kpogede is also Yoruba, abi??
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-710432.0.html

Relax101:

Wetin concern Warri with Odua Rep? Stop am.

Everything concern Warri with Odua! Itsekiris and Uhrobos are concerned with Odua! Benin empire is also concerned with Odua! cool wink
So are the Yorubas the concern of the Oba of Benin
Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by jason123: 9:30pm On Sep 25, 2011
In the West, its either you are Edo/Edoid or Yoruba/Yorubiod. Anything from those two is a waste of time!!!
Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by Onlytruth(m): 9:31pm On Sep 25, 2011
LOL @ jason, you are scared to death about living in a country without the Igbos.
That is why you are going gra gra about oil and sea access you don't currently (and will NEVER) control.
Abeg talk true bro.

I know you are a die hard believer in Southern Nigeria. Why not say so, than try to play tough with what you've already given away.

I know you don't want Nigeria to continue. So stop lying with your gra gra.  undecided
Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by aljharem3: 9:36pm On Sep 25, 2011
Onlytruth:

LOL @ jason, you are scared to death about living in a country without the Igbos.
That is why you are going gra gra about oil and sea access you don't currently (and will NEVER) control.
Abeg talk true bro.

I know you are a die hard believer in Southern Nigeria. Why not say so, than try to play tough with what you've already given away.

I know you don't want Nigeria to continue. So stop lying with your gra gra.  undecided

gbamm tell him as it is
Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by jason123: 9:45pm On Sep 25, 2011
Onlytruth:

Abeg talk true bro.

@Your first paragraph
LOL. Itsekiris+Ilajes in Delta produce 75% of Delta oil. In Ondo, Lagos and Edo; there is oil there as well. We in the West are also very well Educated! As you can see on this forum. From, Gbawe, Kilode?!, Eku bear, Katsumoto, Akanbi edu, Ajanlekoko, OMA4J, Beaf etc (sorry if I missed out your name). We wouldn't depend on Oil BUT we have it in abundance if we need it.
Ondo/Ekiti axis used to be the 4th largest producer of Cocoa in Africa before Oil. The Mid-west had Rubber, Timber and currently Oil. With Lagos and Eko atlantic . .hmm! Trust me, the West is VERY MUCH FINE! cool

@Your second paragraph
Yes, I am for Southern Nigeria FIRST before West or Odua. My reasons are very simple.
There used to be Southern Nigeria with no wars or ethnic clashes recorded, why can't we have that now?
The Igbos, Yorubas and SSoutherners have our NATURAL advantages and disadvantages BUT other ethnic groups will complement our individual short comings.
Education, sophistication and a sense of progress unities us all in the south. No one really cares about religion in the south. I can go on and on!

@your last
Yes, I don't. Not because I dislike Hausas or anything of that sort. But there are fundamental differences in the way we(the South) think compared to the way the CORE North thinks. To them, its mainly about religion and ruling Nigeria by all means. To us, its mainly about corruption but DEVELOPMENT!

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by Onlytruth(m): 9:50pm On Sep 25, 2011
^^

Okay o!
Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by GAR3TH(m): 10:25pm On Sep 25, 2011
To be truthful if Nigeria does divide it will be similar to what happened in Sudan. Basically it will divide along a north and a south, but nothing more. I seriously doubt there will be a 2nd biafra or an Odua nation etc because the south is to mix. You can find large amounts of igbos in lagos, Ijaws in benin city, Yorubas and igbos in port harcourt, edos in warri, Ibibios in enugu etc. Fact remains that the big cities in the south compose of a mix of ethnic groups so I highly doubt that they will be looking for a new "homogeneous state".

Second, I also doubt that Nigeria will split based on colonial border. For all I know kaduna may be in southern Nigeria or ekiti may be in Northern Nigeria. Also people don't know what the middle belt will decide.

But at the end of the day, I doubt Nigeria will split. The only way I can vision this happen is if the south physically attacks the north or the North physically attacks the south. In other words, civil war.

@ topic, the south will obviously do better (oil) but I think the north will also do well and will bring out their true potential.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by udezue(m): 11:40pm On Sep 25, 2011
GARTH, the idea that because there are many Ibibios in Enugu, Igbos in Lagos, Yorubas in PH, that the south can't split makes no damn sense. What do u think will happen? Yorubas in PH will get attacked? Igbos in Lagos will attacked or Ibibios in Enugu will get attacked? This method of making up bloody scenarios just to discourage people from destiny into their hands won't work. Southerners living any part of the South will be safe and can relocate or stay back. I can guarantee anyone on my grandfather's grave that the Biafrans are way too civilized. If they haven't found a reason to touch non-natives in their midst now it certainly won't be then. BTW Ijo will have their own mangrove Republic hence 3 nations from the South can emerge.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by lagcity(m): 11:54pm On Sep 25, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by ektbear: 12:01am On Sep 26, 2011
Onlytruth:

And offshore oil will remain the property of ALL countries carved out of Nigeria.
That is the only way.

No chance in hell of this happening. A 20 year agreement in which oil revenues are still shared out (with the amount shared out diminishing), that I can see. But year 21, everyone finally completely has gone their separate ways.

No nation is going to sign away its territorial rights. . . ain't gonna happen. And if they do sign it, the coastal nations will renege.
Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by ektbear: 12:11am On Sep 26, 2011
kasiem:

their region is bereft of innovative and workaholic minds, which will deal a great blow to their fortune in absence of oil. U can see d way they lay all their survival eggs in one basket of oil revenues

The focus on oil is very unhealthy. If you have $2 and another man has only $1, if he achieves 10% growth on his dollar and you only 5%, he'll eventually have more money than you. For me, more important than oil is electricity, good infrastructure, and good POLICY+leadership.

Anyway, who knows, the SS might end up with good, wise leaders who wouldn't place emphasis purely on oil.
Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by LogicPower(m): 12:16am On Sep 26, 2011
kasiem:

I think the SSers will suffer it most, cos, when their leaders pockets the proceeds of their oil, there wouldn't be any other survival dint for them. Naturally, they're indolent and barbaric; their polluted lands will be of no farming benefit to them.
In the north, i dont see the backwardness as suffering to them, cos, backwardness is like a way of life to them. The proceeds of their farms will feed them, and it'll be "to hell with technological advancement and civilisation". The igbos will have the problem of unity, but, they'll surely advance at a high pace.  

Although I take exception to your use of some uncharitable stereotypes to describe the people of SS, I agree with you about the badly polluted and degraded lands of the region and how that would potentially severely limit their self-sufficiency in food production.

In spite of this, however, I do not personally believe that the new SS nation would 'suffer the most' if Nigeria is divided, considering the vast natural resources (oil and gas) with which the region is blessed.

I also partly agree with your prediction that the massive arable land of Arewa would be very important for their survival, as they could at least be able to meet most of their food needs.

I laughed though at your witty, albeit condescending, characterization of what might sum up the general attitude of Arewa (core North) towards the perceived backwardness of their new country; "to hell with technological advancement and civilisation"

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by LogicPower(m): 12:28am On Sep 26, 2011
ekt_bear:

A 20 year agreement in which oil revenues are still shared out (with the amount shared out diminishing), that I can see. But year 21, everyone finally completely has gone their separate ways.

No nation is going to sign away its territorial rights. . . ain't gonna happen. And if they do sign it, the coastal nations will renege.

I agree with you 100% here. It would not be fair, and even if something like that were to be signed, it is very likely that some new generations of leaders of the oil-producing nations, as you stated, would get it revoked at some point. I am not even sure if there is any precedence anywhere in the world.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by EvilBrain1(m): 12:30am On Sep 26, 2011
In the unlikely event that Nigeria were to split up, the north and the SS would be the biggest losers and the SW the best off.

The north would be land-locked and would depend entirely on the southern nation(s) for all their imports. Plus they would lose all the free money they've been getting from oil leading to a major economic crisis.

The SS on paper would be the richest, but in reality, their politicians would get most of the wealth as they currently do leaving the ordinary people to feed on scraps. The average SS man wouldn't even be able to farm because of all the pollution. The gap betwwen the rich and the poor will get even wider than it currently is leading to instability and eventually, Libya-style chaos.

The SE would do fairly well they'd get a little oil and they'd make a good living trading with the surrounding nations.

The SW would likely end as the richest of all the nations. They already have a diverse economy, excellent man-power and fairly good governance. The removal of oil revenue will lead to less rent-seeking, less corruption and ultimately more wealth for everybody. Plus they are likely to serve as the economic hub of the entire region, the same way London serves most of western Europe. This is less likely to happen though if the Yorubas kick out those from other tribes. If the SW can keep its best people, then they'll be the big winners.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by lagcity(m): 12:45am On Sep 26, 2011
the SS would be stinkingly rich!
Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by Nobody: 12:54am On Sep 26, 2011
@ onlytruth, my only concern is your interest in everybody sharing offshore oil revenue undecided
why is all of europe not sharing the oil revenues generated in the north sea?
can't we (assuming efik-ibibio ends up in biafra) develop ourselves without their (ijaw) oil?
@ all, make no mistakes about it.ijaws will not suffer if nigeria divides
Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by Kobojunkie: 12:56am On Sep 26, 2011
Why do you folks need to start threads such as these? Don't we have enough of them littering Nairaland politics board?
Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by arsenefc: 1:24am On Sep 26, 2011
^^^

You dont have to post if you have nothing good to say, you know that?

Abi na by force?

If I were you, I'd get a job. Thats just me sha. Instead of trolling. . .
Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by Nobody: 1:28am On Sep 26, 2011
the New Nigerian Newspaper of a histogram showing the distribution of the students admitted into Nigerian Universities for the first time by JAMB.  There were 19 States in the Federation then, 9 of them in the South. Eight of the Southern States took the top eight positions in the ranking followed by Kwara and then Cross River, the final southern state. The States of the north other than Kwara took the last nine positions. Bendel State alone had more students admitted than the ten northern states combined.

source http://www.gamji.com/sanusi/sanusi11.htm

natural resources, the ss has it,
human resources it still has it,
competitiveness it has it,

so i wonder where all this below, is coming from?

I think the SSers will suffer it most, cos, when their leaders pockets the proceeds of their oil, there wouldn't be any other survival dint for them. Naturally, they're indolent and barbaric; their polluted lands will be of no farming benefit to them.

their region is bereft of innovative and workaholic minds, which will deal a great blow to their fortune in absence of oil. U can see d way they lay all their survival eggs in one basket of oil revenues

i wonder why sanusi decided to use bendel state as an example of a state that is far ahead in education, and not anambra, or oyo state   embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by Onlytruth(m): 1:44am On Sep 26, 2011
Well, I'll simply assume that those of you who think that oil won't be shared with the North, are actually die hard One Nigerianists. That is what you are saying indirectly: some out of wicked cleverness, while others out of naivety.

If you don't share with the North, forget about Nigeria ever breaking up.
If you doubt me, spare sometime and read about Nigeria's history, from 1950 to 2011.
You will learn a few things.

Do you think I want to share anything with anybody? NO
I have no choice; and it is already happening anyway. So, you continue to have the same system, or if you are serious about having your own nation you would be reasonable and make the necessary concessions to get that.
Oil must finish one day. That is certain.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by Onlytruth(m): 1:47am On Sep 26, 2011
Infact if you want to know who would do best, start looking from 30 years ahead (after oil has been shared by EVERYBODY). Then the picture would be clearest. cool

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by Obiagu1(m): 1:50am On Sep 26, 2011
The first step anyone serious about the disolution of this crap called Nigeria is to start discussing how the offshore oil revenue would be shared.
If not, just suck it up!
If your backyard gets polluted, you deal with it. If you're marginalised, find a way to survive without  the others.
If your relative is bombed, bury him and lock yourself in a room and cry.

Nigeria can only be divided in two ways: war or share the oil.
Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by jason123: 1:52am On Sep 26, 2011
By kasiem

---------
I didn't see this earlier. Like, WTF?! Yes, I agree the leaders are corrupt BUT every other thing you said there is irrelevant. We are NOT barbaric! Only a few "fights" here and there by expansionists, apart from that, the SS is quite a cool place.
Bendel can still go back to Timber and Rubber. Not every single plot of land is polluted, as you are trying to portray.
Re: If Nigeria Is Been Divide Which Part Will Enjoy It The More by Onlytruth(m): 1:55am On Sep 26, 2011

I didn't see this earlier. Like, WTF?! Yes, I agree the leaders are corrupt BUT every other thing you said there is irrelevant. We are NOT barbaric! Only a few "fights" here and there by expansionists, apart from that, the SS is quite a cool place.
Bendel can still go back to Timber and Rubber. Not every single plot of land is polluted, as you are trying to portray.

I hope you know that the "SS" contain large portions of Igboland, and we ain't ceding that to nobody.
You can form your nation with Ijaw and Urhobo and others; minus Anioma and Rivers. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos / Screening Of NDDC Board Members Designates By Senate (Photos) / Makinde Tells Clerics To Join Politics If They Want Nigeria To Progress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.