Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) (51353 Views)

Have You Eaten Any Of These Strange Nigerian Food? / Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) / Have You Seen Or Eaten Albino Cucumbers Before? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by Jeffrey22(m): 10:32am On May 06, 2023
Oh you mean it's soursop not shawashop ??

I've eaten all oh and I'm just knowing some of them real names today lol
We've local names for them sha
Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by wumi2017(f): 10:33am On May 06, 2023
You see that mango?? Is my favorite fruit Especially ogbomoso mango ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜˜

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by Charlie2020(f): 10:36am On May 06, 2023
ExAngel007:
Cool
How is agbalumo/udara/starfruit now African cherry fruit?
Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by colonelwealth(m): 10:36am On May 06, 2023
ExAngel007:
How many of these fruits have you eaten?

You haven't eaten all.

I dare you!๐Ÿ˜€

God bless you O.p.
Your topic is rich and you have taken us down the memory lane of beautiful days past.
Nigeria is a blessed nation.

These fruits formed part of ones growing up experiences.

Alot of these fruit are exotic and non near extinct.
The people and governments should do something to preserve these fruits God and nature has given us as heritage for us and the generation to come.

Every development mustn't be about property &land development but setting out reserve portions of land to grow&preserve these amazing fruits&plants.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by Charlie2020(f): 10:36am On May 06, 2023
illicit:
Sugar cane is not a fruit

It's a cane

tongue
grass not cane
Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by Mom007(f): 10:38am On May 06, 2023
All but bush cherry and white rubber vine fruit. I try. There are some exotic fruits I have eaten that are not on this your list o. Is there any esan person here? I recently ate a fruit in ekpoma but I don't know the name. Its deep purple, almost black. Very juicy. Has a very exotic smell. It bruises and bursts easily. Any pointers?
Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by illicit(m): 10:41am On May 06, 2023
Charlie2020:
grass not cane

Yeah sure

Just joking
Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by chillychill(f): 10:41am On May 06, 2023
mii4u:
I love rose apple but don't know where to get it.

I actually just finished looking at it just now e dey back of our house.. my dad God forgive his soul made sure we had two of it trees. Very lovely fruit kiss kiss
Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by LOVEGINO(m): 10:41am On May 06, 2023
laborious:
You dnt add the apple that eve eat and gave Adam that year
respect to the fruit of d forefathers๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by anayolity: 10:42am On May 06, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I dislike that local pear , I've eaten the rest

That's one of my best
Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by Charlie2020(f): 10:42am On May 06, 2023
MichaelSokoto:
how una take dey manage eat dat bush mango?

very worthless fruit!

Cashew minus it's roasted seeds remains a mystery to me.
d aroma dey always lure me to eat am but once I bite am, I dey almost immediately spit am out!
undecided
bush Mango worthless? Do you know the price of a flat, small tin tomato cup of ogbonu? If you know you won't call bush Mango worthless

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by tymicjay77: 10:43am On May 06, 2023
Is it only me that eaten all the listed fruit?.... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cool ha i fear myself oooo,i can actually eat anything eatable cry cry cry cry[color=#770077][/color]
Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by southsouthking(m): 10:43am On May 06, 2023
ZKOSOSO:
Ate ALL.

Thanks to my Paradise Village in Edo.....
Come to Ososo.....and Verily Verily ye shalt be fed with all the above fruits naturally...

Made me remember my Diploma days in Auchi, Ososo was my second home town for tourism.
All thanks to my guy, Danjuma Peter.
Beautiful town to behold.
Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by Ttipsy(f): 10:45am On May 06, 2023
Blackdeewhy:
All.
Soursop is my favorite... Oh Father Lord!
nice me to
Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by Charlie2020(f): 10:46am On May 06, 2023
Makeorbreak:
I hate that fruit... But it's tree provides good shade... For me.... That's why I haven't cut it down.... This is it's fruiting season
bush Mango is a forest tree o, just like iroko but much smaller
Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by Psady(m): 10:46am On May 06, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:
25/28
same here 25/28.
Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by Psady(m): 10:48am On May 06, 2023
Charlie2020:
How is agbalumo/udara/starfruit now African cherry fruit?
it's called cherry in English
Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by southsouthking(m): 10:49am On May 06, 2023
Mom007:
All but bush cherry and white rubber vine fruit. I try. There are some exotic fruits I have eaten that are not on this your list o. Is there any esan person here? I recently ate a fruit in ekpoma but I don't know the name. Its deep purple, almost black. Very juicy. Has a very exotic smell. It bruises and bursts easily. Any pointers?

I'm not Esan, I'm Bini by tribe but i the exact fruit you're talking about, it has the shape of a walnut.
Esan people do call it Amoriri and it's specific to the Ishan people only.
You can as well eat it with a bake dried processed cassava.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by chally4real(m): 10:51am On May 06, 2023
Wow..I be confirm street boy o...I Don chop all...28/28...omor back in the days for Benin Bush...omor...it's nice tho...I can virtually recall the taste of all .....thanks for the memories
Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by udemzyudex(m): 10:52am On May 06, 2023
All of them I don chop am.
Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by tianababe(f): 10:54am On May 06, 2023
ALL
Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by mhktaryan: 10:54am On May 06, 2023
ExAngel007:
kiss

We call this one iyeye in my local dialect. Nice one op

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by luluman: 10:54am On May 06, 2023
illicit:

It's a cane

tongue
I concur

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by Dada4me: 10:55am On May 06, 2023
I've tested all except red monkey kola
Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by luluman: 10:55am On May 06, 2023
ExAngel007:

I know
Why adding & calling it fruit?
Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by Charlie2020(f): 10:57am On May 06, 2023
Zane2point4:

If you lick the bitter one u go hate am
never seen or heard of bitter local pear (ube). May be you men sour

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by Sleekfingers: 10:57am On May 06, 2023
ExAngel007:
How many of these fruits have you eaten?

You haven't eaten all.

I dare you!๐Ÿ˜€

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Which one be local pear? International pear dey?
Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by Domistar5(f): 10:59am On May 06, 2023
illicit:

It's a cane
(Grass actually)
tongue

grin cool

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by aalangel(f): 11:00am On May 06, 2023
Wow, practically all of them.
I hate that one that has ogbono in it.
Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by labelle123(f): 11:00am On May 06, 2023
Lovely fruits Miss the good old days
Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by Domistar5(f): 11:01am On May 06, 2023
Sleekfingers:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Which one be local pear? International pear dey?

Avacado na international pear cheesy
Re: How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) by spencekat(m): 11:03am On May 06, 2023
All

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians / Have You Seen The New Whatsapp Wheat ?? (photo) / Can You Eat This Snake Cake?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.