Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,127 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? (1254 Views)

My Husband Tells Me Not To Gain Anymore Weight / Man Get Tired Of Buying Baby’s Diapers, Says Wife Is Wasting It / Should The Man Pay It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by Paramount01(m): 8:53pm On May 06, 2023
you are getting mature, you are becoming of age, and Families begin to ask you when will you marry, friends begin to see you doing some house chores on your own they begin to say 'Is not you that suppose to be doing this' you suppose to get a wife

you listen you get married, you pay the heavy marriage list given to you by the bride's parents, the bride's parents even boast that their daughter is very hardworking, any work she can do

during courtship, she impresses you by showing indeed she is what are parents called her, she cooks good food, saw your house disorganized arranges it with joy, saw you washing both, collecting it from you, and said "She l
is good in the house chores

You finally marry you thought you have found the complete housewife material you need to assist you where it matters, you spend like "kilode" for the wedding just because you have found a help meet

she started doing all this during the first week of the wedding, waking up very early, sweeping, cleaning the house, cooking, washing her clothes, and other bedroom activities, not knowing is just for the first month

the second month that was when she realize she can't kill herself, the work will be shared 50/50 , she can't wash the cloth again,the house chores is not gender but anyone can do it,if men had known that all she doing before marriage will continue why did he marry? why come back to square 1? Why not just save your yourself from responsibilities. why can't he just continue with his bachelorhood? marriage to a man is a scam joor

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by endsarrrs(f): 8:57pm On May 06, 2023
Marriage is for mature adults.

Gentleman! I enjoyed your post

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On May 06, 2023
Paramount01:
■ you are getting mature, you are becoming of age, and[b] Families begin to ask you when will you marry, friends begin to see you doing some house chores on your own they begin to say 'Is not you that suppose to be doing this' you suppose to get a wife. you listen you get married, you pay the heavy marriage list given to you by the bride's parents, the bride's parents even boast that their daughter is very hardworking, any work she can do[/b]
■ during courtship, she impresses you by showing indeed she is what are parents called her, she cooks good food, saw your house disorganized arranges it with joy, saw you washing both, collecting it from you, and said "She is good in the house chores You finally marry you thought you have found the complete housewife material you need to assist you where it matters, you spend like "kilode" for the wedding just because you have found a help meet she started doing all this during the first week of the wedding, waking up very early, sweeping, cleaning the house, cooking, washing her clothes, and other bedroom activities, not knowing is just for the first month
■ the second month that was when she realize she can't kill herself, the work will be shared 50/50 , she can't wash the cloth again,the house chores is not gender but anyone can do it,if men had known that all she doing before marriage will continue why did he marry? why come back to square 1? Why not just save your yourself from responsibilities. why can't he just continue with his bachelorhood? marriage to a man is a scam joor
1. The man was probably an imbe_cile hence the reason why he decided to do as others told him to do. undecided

2. If all the man needed for a cleaner, and he wasn't an imbe_cile, he would have a reason he simply needed to pay someone for that and not marry a wife for that. undecided

3. So the man was definitely am imbe_cile to have concluded that a wife nothing more than a glorified house-help/prostitute/baby mama.OP, the problem is that the man, in this case, did not, for reasons that seem to do with his mental capacity, understand the logic behind marriage before jumping into it.. undecided

There are benefits for both men and women in marriage but one has to have a clear understanding of what marriage is and what it isn't to be able to appreciate and mine the benefits. undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by Paramount01(m): 9:04pm On May 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The man was probably an imbe_cile hence the reason why he decided to do as others told him to do. undecided

2. If all the man needed for a cleaner, and he wasn't an imbe_cile, he would have a reason he simply needed to pay someone for that and not marry a wife for that. undecided

3. So the man was definitely am imbe_cile to have concluded that a wife nothing more than a glorified house-help/prostitute/baby mama.OP, the problem is that the man, in this case, did not, for reasons that seem to do with his mental capacity, understand the logic behind marriage before jumping into it.. undecided

There are benefits for both men and women in marriage but one has to have a clear understanding of what marriage is and what it isn't to be able to appreciate and mine them. undecided

benefits for man pls?

1 Like

Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by doggedfighter(f): 9:08pm On May 06, 2023
Nothing at all.

The man gains nothing.

He should stay all on his own.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by ahnie: 9:15pm On May 06, 2023
doggedfighter:
Nothing at all.

The man gains nothing.

Wetin you drink this evening?you. Just dey binu o

1 Like

Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 06, 2023
Paramount01:

benefits for man pls?

It's really not beneficial in this modern age.
If it was back then when people had shame then yes.

Now we have woke bandits parading themselves as queens.

9 Likes

Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by Paramount01(m): 9:32pm On May 06, 2023
doggedfighter:
Nothing at all.

The man gains nothing.

honestly! how I wishh guys planing to marry can listen,

1 Like

Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 9:33pm On May 06, 2023
Paramount01:
■ benefits for man pls?
One major benefit is rather than hustling alone, you have two adults sharing responsibilities, bills, and all, making the weight significantly lighter on each. Compare that to a situation in which a single individual has to carry all of that burden alone. undecided

There is this couple who live in this big ginormous house that is able to pay the bill for their house and still enjoy themselves while they are at it, taking at least 3 vacations each year. A single person would have a hard time achieving and maintaining such a lifestyle. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by henrimoto(m): 12:37am On May 07, 2023
Paramount01:

honestly! how I wishh guys planing to marry can listen,
Marriage is not a Scam. You can only say it's not "A MUST" to marry. ...but if na benefit, marriage get benefit wheather we agree or not.

Check out the meaning of "COMPANION" & "PROCREATION"

....Replace the word "DID" with"DOES" at the topic of this thread.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:48am On May 07, 2023
endsarrrs:

This is not an intelligent contribution to the Op's intelligent questions

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by Ibechris2: 7:12am On May 07, 2023
Did u marry a slave or marry a free woman?

So,u want to use work and kill her because u just married or what?

Even if ur wife is a house wife,u dare not leave everything for her to do...u wan kill am. No wonder,many ladies get older when they are married than when they were single.

Marriage benefits the man and the woman period.

A man is who is never married has no advantage over a man who got married,never!

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by Mkelv0106(m): 9:19am On May 07, 2023
Benefit for men, it continues the mans bloodline and help to nurse their bloodlines until they're ready to fend for themselves.
Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by Biglittlelois(f): 9:51am On May 07, 2023
So according to your write up, the major reason men marry is because of house chores? Once she refuses to do house chores the marriage is gone? That is what you think marriage entails? House chores? How old are you Op?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by Nobody: 10:31am On May 07, 2023
Biglittlelois:
So according to your write up, the major reason men marry is because of house chores? Once she refuses to do house chores the marriage is gone? That is what you think marriage entails? House chores? How old are you Op?
grin grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by metaluterus(f): 10:51am On May 07, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

This is not an intelligent contribution to the Op's intelligent questions

You prolly never experienced and do not even know what you are typing about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by MadarasBlade(m): 1:19pm On May 07, 2023
Nothing actually, only kids.
If you can make your food, manage your finances very well, do your laundry, then i don't see the need for women.

Companionship and kids, nothing more.

3 Likes

Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by MadarasBlade(m): 1:26pm On May 07, 2023
Biglittlelois:
yes, women are to do chores and men are to provide, otherwise what's the need of having a woman around who takes a chunk of your finances and do nothing, better to outsource those chores and live alone.

Aside kids, i do not see any need for women and marriage honestly.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by Paramount01(m): 2:00pm On May 07, 2023
endsarrrs:

what does man tend to gain from it?
Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by Paramount01(m): 2:01pm On May 07, 2023
MadarasBlade:
yes, women are to do chores and men are to provide, otherwise what's the need of having a woman around who takes a chunk of your finances and do nothing, better to outsource those chores and live alone.

you can easily get kids without marriage

1 Like

Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by Paramount01(m): 2:08pm On May 07, 2023
Biglittlelois:

I'm mid 30.

except you want to lie, part of a woman's prestige is the ability to do house chores
Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by talk2hb1(m): 2:15pm On May 07, 2023
Paramount01:

I'm mid 30.

except you want to lie, part of a woman's prestige is the ability to do house chores
But where was that written?
I believe we should all contribute to the relationship and know that contribution of each member can never be equal.
But what I understand is I can’t do everything alone neither can she do everything alone, we swap places sometimes both financially and responsibilities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by Biglittlelois(f): 2:33pm On May 07, 2023
Paramount01:

I'm mid 30.

Prestige? House chores is a prestige? So in this 21st century, the ability to do house chores impresses men to the extent of marrying women solely because of that? At your age this is your level of thinking?

5 Likes

Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by MadarasBlade(m): 2:40pm On May 07, 2023
Paramount01:

you can easily get kids without marriage

They said it's better to bring up kids in calm environment with both parents
Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by eben97: 2:41pm On May 07, 2023
I want to say this by experience , your level of maturity (all round ) ain't complete, ie. It can't be totally said "a man is fully grown and mature " ,untill he can fairly house another of his kind (A Wife to be precise ). There. Some kind of fields of life one can not totally fit in to ,unless such a one is married , genuinely married please.I rest my case
Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by world123: 8:07am On May 08, 2023
You are only being a child, when you grow up, you will understand better.
Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by Mindlog: 8:16am On May 08, 2023
MadarasBlade:

You don't need marriage to have kids, go to a fertility clinic and pay for eggs and a surrogate that would carry the pregnancy.

Once the child is born, it would be handed over to you, you go home and nuture the baby ...no wife nor baby mama drama!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by doggedfighter(f): 12:46pm On May 08, 2023
Mindlog:

You don't need marriage to have kids, go to a fertility clinic and pay for eggs and a surrogate that would carry the pregnancy.

Once the child is born, it would be handed over to you, you go home and nuture the baby ...no wife or baby mama drama!

Case closed

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by ahnie: 1:11pm On May 08, 2023
cheesy cheesy
Biglittlelois:

Prestige? House chores is a prestige? So in this 21st century, the ability to do house chores impresses men to the extent of marrying women solely because of that? At your age this is your level of thinking?
The at your age part got me rolling on the tiles cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Common sense is a very beautiful flower wey nor dey grow for everybody orchid

1 Like

Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by Jossyfine(f): 2:08pm On May 08, 2023
Marriage is very sweet to if you’re with the right person Aswear.

The major reason for marriage is companionship which every adults desire except celibates. Every human is a social animal in the sense that we need people around us to function properly. When you are genuinely in love with someone and the person truly loves you back, omo ur heart will always be at peace, whether the going is good or bad, for the fact that you have someone to call ur own makes the burden very light.

But you can’t be sharing all ur dreams and fears with everyone, you need one special person to really complement you in everything.

Just that this woke generation has destroyed the sweetness that comes with marriage. Apart from domestic chores that a woman helps with at home, there is nothing as sweet as seeing ur kids everyday,ur wife organizes ur life.Makin love when you are in love is mind blowing 🙈🙈🙈

Just imagine that kind of rain that fell yesterday in Abuja and you are in ur spouse’s hand cuddling and gisting 😊😊😊heavenly feelings my dear

You just have peace of mind as a married fellow.Just shine ur eyes and marry right. This is my 11 years of marriage with 5 beautiful kids💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

5 Likes

Re: What Does The Man Get To Gain In Marriage? by ibkayee(f): 2:25pm On May 08, 2023
If you don’t want to get married then don’t, everyday men don’t benefit from marriage but na dem dey create marriage topics pass 😂

Trust me when I say the Nairaland servers will appreciate the day that men genuinely don’t benefit anything from marriage 😂

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Know About the People With This Kind Of Hair / Is She Good For Marriage. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.