Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,204 members, 7,815,191 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo (52883 Views)

The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos / Flood Ravages Imo, Orsu Obodo, Oguta. 60 Homes Submerged (photos) / The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 10, 2023
Glock22:

I just had a baby few weeks ago, guess how much I paid for a cesarean section, private room, private nurse, a carton of enfamil baby food, a carton of baby diapers, a carton of adult female diapers, a personal nurse for 3 whole days, a personal attendant for 3 whole days, 3 squared meals for 3 days, epidural injection, morphine, and a whole of other medications?

$24.

And you know what? That $24 is what it cost us to park our car in the parking lot for 3 days @ $8/day.

So technically, the actual bill was 0.

What’s funnier? We can claim back the #24 as a medically related expenditure when we file our taxes next year.

Joke’s on who? You!
Congratulations on your delivery.

I am more concerned about the fact that "child support" is included as a disadvantage. Caring for your kid is now a disadvantage? My God!
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by AngelicBeing: 7:37pm On May 10, 2023
sukkot:
i love topics like this because that is when you see the spiritually sick covetous megalomaniacs emerge with their ridiculous grandiose posts. So a couple earning 2340 dollars are only paying taxes of 340 dollars ? That's like 12 percent tax. That's impossible in any civilized world to earn that much and only pay 12 percent tax. In fact I submit to you that the phantom couple Casper the ghost and his wife if they truly existed would be on like 40 percent tax with their wages not the 12 percent you said. Which tells me your story is bogus

on a side note my youtube has been buffering for over 8 hours on my laptop and videos have refused to load. any helpers ?
Dayuummmmmm cheesy
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by sukkot: 7:39pm On May 10, 2023
AngelicBeing:
Dayuummmmmm cheesy
grin grin grin grin bro

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 10, 2023
Abi1985:
If you want Japa, please Japa. I am not saying you shouldn't japa.

They can tax so much - eh you want to cry
And sleep. Your own money goes to tax and more tax.

You are not really the owner of your property because of tax. Property tax is something else.

Child support payment na another thing on its own- if you like woman, please be careful not to have many baby mama e get why.

Nigerians back home cannot understand until they come here and experience themselves.

I remember when my cousin was warning me about the Uk. I thought he was talking nonsense until I came and experienced reality. Experience is the best teacher
If you are doing well in Naija, please stay and visit. If you are struggling, then please Japa.
So sending money for your own kid upkeep is a disadvantage?

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by sukkot: 7:40pm On May 10, 2023
sonnie10:

The details I presented to you is not about the burger flipping rhetoric. Those are actual verifiable fact.
alright bro. you should write fiction. thats your calling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:41pm On May 10, 2023
Oyomesiile:

How much do people earn averagely in a month in Nigeria? How many people are gainfully employed? How many dependants does, the working folks have? What's the ideal amount that should be earned monthly and what percentage should be deducted as tax? I feel these should be answered. Mind you most states in Nigeria have one mineral resource or more that they can use for developing their respective states and supporting their citizens.

the most common problem
in african is self employement/informal sector which is not registered for tax and money is lost through that

Eg if local government would build facilities for markets were people pay for the stand in the market, the local council gets paid through renting of place and money would channeled toward maintaining the market place and building new ones

With time it will reduce hips of gabage we find i the streets etc

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by kkins25(m): 7:42pm On May 10, 2023
I talk am, the real reason Nigerians complain aboyt life abroad na tax. Its the fvcking tax that is making US the go-to place for everybody.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 10, 2023
Mindlog:

Are what you mentioned, not what is sustaining the UK system?

I wonder why paying to support your own seed (child) is a disadvantage, the non-institutionalized child support and neglect of some children in Nigeria by their fathers with little or no consequence, is an advantage?

You should be used to them by now. Same men that sing about women taking responsibility for their actions are seeing taking responsibility of their kids as a problem.

Says alot about the quality of men in Nigeria and proves that the reproach and rejection they face from women in the dating market is well deserved as many are of questionable morals and character.

4 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by kkins25(m): 7:44pm On May 10, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

the most common problem
in african is self employement/informal sector which is not registered for tax and money is lost through that

Eg if local government would build facilities for markets were people pay for the stand in the market, the local council gets paid through renting of place and money would channeled toward maintaining the market place and building new ones

With time it will reduce hips of gabage we find i the streets etc

Ghana here, some of the road side vendors pay taxex.. The government in naija are just lazy.
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by Blitzking: 7:44pm On May 10, 2023
Lovely write up...
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by labake1(f): 7:47pm On May 10, 2023
Exc2000:
grin

Japarians don come again

As in
I don too read many discouraging stories

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by labake1(f): 7:51pm On May 10, 2023
Burgerlomo:
😎

Give me chair, let don dey pain me grin
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by kkins25(m): 7:53pm On May 10, 2023
sonnie10:

They can even pay less than that amount if they makes the maximum allowable contribution to the following
401k account
Medical expenses savings
Childcare account
These are all tax free savings
They aren't exactly "tax-free".. They are either post Tax, or pre-tax.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by MyAmericandream(f): 7:56pm On May 10, 2023
abbey621:

Yea what happens when the tenants stop paying, you now have to foot the mortgage bills because the economy crashed, people are no longer renting at prices that makes sense. Oh then life throws in a wrench and you lost your job, now you have mortgages way above your income, you start borrowing from credit card, you can't pay back, your score drops, you go bankrupt, the houses are repossessed and you are back to penury. Femi Aguda will not tell his clients the downside/dangers of this method grin grin grin

People see opportunities but what you see is loads of problems. If I happen to be your girlfriend/wife I would have being making plans to dump you by now. You are too pusillanimous for my penchant. I wish you all the best nigga!
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by sonnie10: 7:57pm On May 10, 2023
sukkot:
alright bro. you should write fiction. thats your calling
There is nothing wrong with leaning or realizing new facts that were not really obvious to us.
If you live in the US and have not been utilizing these provisions, you should.

For 401k you can contribute up to $60k yearly taxes free
For medical expense you can contribute up to 7k yearly for a family
For childcare up to 6k yearly, which you get most back when you file taxes.
You can also increase you social security contribution

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by TavorJohnnie: 8:01pm On May 10, 2023
Bruh
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by sonnie10: 8:02pm On May 10, 2023
kkins25:
They aren't exactly "tax-free".. They are either post Tax, or pre-tax.
No body takes any tax from you , whether “post or pre tax” when you make medical expense contribution from you salary.
That money is given to you before what is left of your salary is taxed.

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by TheFactMan: 8:04pm On May 10, 2023
The fact$$$$
1. On realizing that Buhari was not going to allow him rig the last presidential election and that the election permutations was not in his favor, Tinubu rushed to the Saudis, IOC and UAE to report Buhari.
2. He Tinubu showed the Saudis and IOC the doctored PO conversation with Oyedepo. He accused po of going to advance Christianity in Nigeria and should never be allowed.
3. He assured the Saudis and IOC of his commitment to advancing Islam in Nigeria starting with his mu mu ticket.
4. The Saudis and IOC summoned Buhari, instructed him to ensure that BAT wins the election at all costs.
5. Buhari that was not supporting BAT changed his mind. First he showed his supporters whom to vote for by publicly displaying his ballot paper.
6. He instructed Yakubu to return BAT at all cost
7. That’s why Yakubu had the temerity to return BAT at all costs despite the glaring rigging and BAT not meeting the stipulated requirements.
8. He Buhari knows that BAT was not the best choice for Nigeria that’s why he has been going around asking for forgiveness. People may not know why.
TheFactMan is aware $$$
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by Annahh(f): 8:07pm On May 10, 2023
I don't want to base abroad, that place is full of crazy people and crazy ideologies. Imagine having to raise my kids where their teachers teach them that they can be any gender they want. God forbid. I go make am for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by kkins25(m): 8:07pm On May 10, 2023
sonnie10:

No body takes any tax from you , whether “post or pre tax” when you make medical expense contribution from you salary.
That money is given to you before what is left of your salary is taxed.

There are two types of 401k are there not?
Regular 401k and the Roth 401k. Both are tax exempt, however, with the former, tax is removed when deduction is made, and the latter, before money is paid into the account. Retirement plans are an investment scheme, that means they produce income...all incomes are subjected to tax..

I stand to be corrected sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:08pm On May 10, 2023
sonnie10:

There is nothing wrong with leaning or realizing new facts that were not really obvious to us.

What you said earlier about the couple who earn the amount you specified and pay 12% tax is highly possible if they have dependents and/or other deductions. Please don’t argue your point with people who have never paid taxes or filed a return.
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by sukkot: 8:10pm On May 10, 2023
sonnie10:

brother I don't think you understand the magnitude of your lies. 2400 a day is like half a million dollars a year. All those deductions you put up there are not even up to 100k. So they get taxed 12 percent on the remaining 400k ? Make una dey lie with common sense na.
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:11pm On May 10, 2023
kkins25:

There are two types of 401k are there not?
Regular 401k and the Roth 401k. Both are tax exempt, however, with the former, tax is removed when deduction is made, and the latter, before money is paid into the account. Retirement plans are an investment scheme, that means they produce income...all incomes are subjected to tax..

I stand to be corrected sha.

You took correct information and twisted it into something wrong.

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by kkins25(m): 8:12pm On May 10, 2023
sonnie10:

How do these exempt the individual from income tax?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by Menclothing: 8:12pm On May 10, 2023
This is serious
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by kkins25(m): 8:12pm On May 10, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

You took correct information and twisted it into something wrong.
Explain.
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:12pm On May 10, 2023
Annahh:
I don't want to base abroad, that place is full of crazy people and crazy ideologies. Imagine having to raise my kids where their teachers teach them that they can be any gender they want. God forbid. I go make am for Nigeria.

Wow. So people from other countries are going to your home in Nigeria and pressuring you to move from Nigeria to their countries?

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by Tijani009: 8:14pm On May 10, 2023
Mindlog:

Are what you mentioned, not what is sustaining the UK system?

I wonder why paying to support your own seed (child) is a disadvantage, the non-institutionalized child support and neglect of some children in Nigeria by their fathers with little or no consequence, is an advantage?
na we day surport our self for naija
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by Goodman247: 8:15pm On May 10, 2023
Satanic agents at work again
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:15pm On May 10, 2023
kkins25:
Explain.

I don’t use my time to explain things to people who go out of their way to misunderstand and misconstrue accurate information that they are given for the sake of arguing. The IRS website has great information on pre-tax contributions. Enjoy.

www.irs.gov
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by kkins25(m): 8:16pm On May 10, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

I don’t explain things to people who go out of their way to misunderstand and misconstrue information that they are given. The IRS website has great information on pre-tax contributions. Enjoy.

www.irs.gov
Did i say there are pre-tax and post tax? The fella argues they don't pay tax.. Since u agree with d fella, explain what you two mean.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo by sonnie10: 8:16pm On May 10, 2023
sukkot:
brother I don't think you understand the magnitude of your lies. 2400 a day is like half a million dollars a year. All those deductions you put up there are not even up to 100k. So they get taxed 12 percent on the remaining 400k ? Make una dey lie with common sense na.
If you work a 12 hour shift, you only get 36 hours in a week.
Do the maths, it’s only #320k per annual combined for both couples
This is a simple math.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Airways 18 Years After It Packed Up (Pictures, Video) / Help!!! My Brother Is Missing / The 100+ Most Beautiful And Breathtaking Places In The World (pictures)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.