Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company (28882 Views)

LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers / Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. / Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by concho(m): 11:16am On May 09, 2023
When I took over as a director in our company , I noticed that the company’s Secretary is a chronic liar

Most excuses she gives to avoid coming to work always seem like lies to me . But I couldn’t confront her since I don’t have proves .

Today her mum is very sick, tomorrow her dad is about dying .

I also noticed that she doesn’t do her jobs ( financial recordings ) . She is always sleeping at work and says she is sick when confronted .

We started looking for replacements , but I noticed also that she discourages everyone that wants to work .

On Thursday, she said her dad was dead and would be Buried on Saturday . I granted her a leave between Thursday and Saturday and I conclude that I must find her village and attend the burial without telling her .

On getting to her village , I discovered that there was no burial and the parents she constantly used as excuse died years ago

I sent her video I made in her village only for her to tell me that she won’t come to work again .

She handed nothing over to the company . She didn’t provide details of the transactions she did in the previous weeks .

I asked her details of the companies transactions during the Naira scarcity , she refused to come bring these things .

This resignation would take us one year backwards in other to sort her stuffs out. She handed over to no one

If I let her go free , other workers would emulate her .

How do I start nailing her please ??

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Ahmed0336(m): 11:18am On May 09, 2023
Take her to court.

Your secretary may be a coded olosho and a criminal.

226 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by diogo23: 11:24am On May 09, 2023
It's obvious she's hiding something, Arrest with police and charge her to court if she didn't complice

191 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Nobody: 11:34am On May 09, 2023
story sounds fake or you're just gullible and incapable of running a company

Btw, why would you travel to her village for proof?

What if you kpuff on the way? Kidnappers or accident?

166 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by ajekpaks(m): 11:50am On May 09, 2023
Olasyke:

The guy sounds like a kid...

you noticed her incompetence from day one, instead of you to look into her records, you waited until she left?

you had time to visit her village to get proof of what I don't know exactly, but you didn't have time to investigate her duties in the office?

223 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Mynd44: 11:54am On May 09, 2023
This is why people will rather employ proper business managers and/or get real HR personnel to manage staff related issues.

She has resigned. You can't arrest her for not handing over or not explaining things, she owes you no obligation.

Except you have evidence that she has stolen money or she has company property with her, you are effed.

Here is a small advice. Go meet her, offer her the job back as a contract staff and sweeten the pot with a raise, if not, good luck getting the information you need

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Nobody: 11:59am On May 09, 2023
ajekpaks:

The guy sounds like a kid...

you noticed her incompetence from day one, instead of you to look into her records, you waited until she left?

you had time to visit her village to get proof of what I don't know exactly, but you didn't have time to investigate her duties in the office?

All these fake NL stories.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Administration1: 1:01pm On May 10, 2023
Hmmm
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by TriCee: 1:01pm On May 10, 2023
Wait a minute. You are a director in this company?
As in, 'Director'? What do you really direct there?

Director wey get time dey go pesin village, that one na director?
Kuku go ask her village people the information you need.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by MorataFC: 1:01pm On May 10, 2023
This story doesn't add up at all

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by id4sho(m): 1:02pm On May 10, 2023
Better runs girl and slug , take over the position pending when you get competent replacement tongue

Don't you request for financial books for signing, I blame you too. Kindly involve the police

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by ImoleNaija: 1:02pm On May 10, 2023
Are you saying the company's existence lies on the shoulder of the secretary?

If she come die nko (God forbid), the company go stop operations?

18 Likes

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by MorataFC: 1:02pm On May 10, 2023
Olasyke:

All these fake NL stories.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Akwamkpuruamu: 1:02pm On May 10, 2023
Wahala
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:02pm On May 10, 2023
Nobody is indispensable.

Strange but true...
🤔
We Rise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by rottenPussy: 1:03pm On May 10, 2023
Olasyke:

I bet you didn't know some companies do comprehensive KYC

1 Like

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Gabrielwilliams(m): 1:03pm On May 10, 2023
Hmm
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by deavicky(m): 1:03pm On May 10, 2023
concho:
When I took over as a director in our company , I noticed that the company’s Secretary is a chronic liar

Most excuses she gives to avoid coming to work always seem like lies to me . But I couldn’t confront her since I don’t have proves .

I also noticed that she doesn’t do her jobs ( financial recordings ) . She is always sleeping at work and says she is sick when confronted .

We started looking for replacements , but I noticed also that she discourages everyone that wants to work .

On Thursday, she said her dad was dead and would be Buried on Saturday . I granted her a leave between Thursday and Saturday and I conclude that I must find her village and attend the burial without telling her .

On getting to her village , I discovered that there was no burial and the parents she constantly used as excuse died years ago

I sent her video I made in her village only for her to tell me that she won’t come to work again .

She handed nothing over to the company . She didn’t provide details of the transactions she did in the previous weeks .

I asked her details of the companies transactions during the Naira scarcity , she refused to come bring these things .

This resignation would take us one year backwards in other to sort her stuffs out. She handed over to no one

arrest her if not for anything but for proper documentation.

5 Likes

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by olusolaalisha: 1:04pm On May 10, 2023
You said she not competent, why her resignation come be problem. Until its gone you dont know what you have.

You better go beg her with salary increase

9 Likes

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by jamesversion: 1:04pm On May 10, 2023
Why wait till shiit hits the fan??

2 Likes

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by tommykiwi(m): 1:04pm On May 10, 2023
Threaten her, by sending her a text message, that you are reporting the matter police because you intend taking the matter to court.

1 Like

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Iseoluwani: 1:04pm On May 10, 2023
Lol
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Omooba77: 1:04pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

Tales by moonlight story........
You mean she is the only one handling transactions, what of your accountant.......
What such of company is this?....

11 Likes

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by MosayA: 1:05pm On May 10, 2023
Go to court and also contact her guarantor

2 Likes

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Iseoluwani: 1:05pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

On a serious note, start with her employment agreement. If it doesn't state that if she needs to leave, she must inform you guys. Then she is above you. 1-0,. If on the other hand. Arrest her

2. If she is into the company finances, then use that to nail her. What you strictly want from her is financial records

1 Like

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Nonywendy(m): 1:05pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

Most companies need to be treated this way. When they want to fore someone they will do so without pre informing the persn or thinking about the persn. Now if the persn resigns without telling you, you feel the pains. Ntoooorrr

8 Likes

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Stevosty: 1:07pm On May 10, 2023
This is a one sided story with flaws in it already.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! / We’re Hungry – Police Officers Cry Out Over Unpaid Six Months’ Salaries / Man Without Two Legs Sells Ice Cream For A Living. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.