Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,967 members, 7,814,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company (28893 Views)

LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers / Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. / Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Shadysen: 2:49pm On May 10, 2023
MosayA:
Go to court and also contact her guarantor
what's really her offence with this your court's statement?
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Bsc(m): 2:53pm On May 10, 2023
Chei See work wey I dey find.....
Before I resigned in my last Job.. I had to submit all that that belongs to the office, recorded my accounts and transactions, even the current balance on the account and cash.
You ought to have sorted this out with her....resigning over a phone conversation is a joke.
Call her on phone, and demand all that you need immediately....
If she declines, then you involve the police if what you need is very necessary.
Don't be too soft.

NB: please never date your staff no matter how cute they are...it brings disrespect such as this.

1 Like

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by seetomorrow: 2:53pm On May 10, 2023
concho:
When I took over as a director in our company , I noticed that the company’s Secretary is a chronic liar

Most excuses she gives to avoid coming to work always seem like lies to me . But I couldn’t confront her since I don’t have proves .

Today her mum is very sick, tomorrow her dad is about dying .

I also noticed that she doesn’t do her jobs ( financial recordings ) . She is always sleeping at work and says she is sick when confronted .

We started looking for replacements , but I noticed also that she discourages everyone that wants to work .

On Thursday, she said her dad was dead and would be Buried on Saturday . I granted her a leave between Thursday and Saturday and I conclude that I must find her village and attend the burial without telling her .

On getting to her village , I discovered that there was no burial and the parents she constantly used as excuse died years ago

I sent her video I made in her village only for her to tell me that she won’t come to work again .

She handed nothing over to the company . She didn’t provide details of the transactions she did in the previous weeks .

I asked her details of the companies transactions during the Naira scarcity , she refused to come bring these things .

This resignation would take us one year backwards in other to sort her stuffs out. She handed over to no one

If I let her go free , other workers would emulate her .

How do I start nailing her please ??

Jezzz. My friend did i hear you say COMPANY or kiosku?? My friend get this girl arrested immediately if you have her residential address. Which i doubt you have, it seems you are too careless, why not allow her to be in the office before sending her prove over her village? Dude handle this professionally because this has to do with finance and other stuffs. The way you sound here shows you yourself is imcompetent to handle that company. You can not tell me you seek for idea on what to do here, my friend get this bitch arrested ASAP.
shitt
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Godwin4444: 2:55pm On May 10, 2023
concho:
When I took over as a director in our company , I noticed that the company’s Secretary is a chronic liar

Most excuses she gives to avoid coming to work always seem like lies to me . But I couldn’t confront her since I don’t have proves .

I also noticed that she doesn’t do her jobs ( financial recordings ) . She is always sleeping at work and says she is sick when confronted .

We started looking for replacements , but I noticed also that she discourages everyone that wants to work .

On Thursday, she said her dad was dead and would be Buried on Saturday . I granted her a leave between Thursday and Saturday and I conclude that I must find her village and attend the burial without telling her .

On getting to her village , I discovered that there was no burial and the parents she constantly used as excuse died years ago

I sent her video I made in her village only for her to tell me that she won’t come to work again .

She handed nothing over to the company . She didn’t provide details of the transactions she did in the previous weeks .

I asked her details of the companies transactions during the Naira scarcity , she refused to come bring these things .

This resignation would take us one year backwards in other to sort her stuffs out. She handed over to no one

y not report to d police n take things up from there

U people will see d way to go n start asking useless questions, I even doubt this your story or maybe there’s more to it probably office romance cos I don’t see how an ordinary Secretary will have that kind of non chalant attitude towards work she’s paid to do
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Ynix(m): 2:55pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

Sue her to court, industrial court
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by AMI3(m): 2:59pm On May 10, 2023
Bros your story is fake fake like girls with fake butt.

Right from the day one, what do u suppose to do as a director of company?

Is it not for u to be sure that everything in the company is up to date?

Tell all these while what where you directing? U were looking for what to write and post on Nairaland.

U even get mind travelled to a village without invitation in this kind country Bros u get mind. U b proper director.

1 Like

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by mechanics(m): 3:06pm On May 10, 2023
Ahmed0336:
Take her to court.

Your secretary may be a coded olosho and a criminal.
Lolz, she will sort herself in court.
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by cassyrooy(m): 3:08pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

Use police to pick her up.

She has "negligence of duties" case to answer.
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Cornerstone2018: 3:18pm On May 10, 2023
She's likely pregnant.
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by kennydora: 3:25pm On May 10, 2023
Take her to court.

Your secretary may be a coded olosho and a criminal

Nawa to you oooo....coded what?
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Ubanz: 3:27pm On May 10, 2023
Report her to police immediately and demand she do a proper handover.

If she had passworded the office computer,the better.
Just ask the police to compel her to hand over all items belonging to your organization including her office ID card device passwords and an updated transaction of the months prior to her absconding.
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by MissOpe(f): 3:47pm On May 10, 2023
Ahmed0336:
Take her to court.

Your secretary may be a coded olosho and a criminal.

Which stupid court,
You should ask the director of she was given an offer letter before she abruptly stopped coming to work.
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Excellentmind: 4:04pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

What is the size of this company that cannot afford an accountant? Why should the secretary be entrusted with the recording of financial records?
In any case, get her arrested and you will recover everything in her possession.

However, for sound financial recordings, the company need Account Software. Let me know if you are interested.
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by shineeye1: 4:19pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

If there was due process in employing her , with employment letter stipulating terms and conditions, then she will be chargeable and liable for any breach. If the employment is irregular, then you are in "OYO" state!
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by InvertedHammer: 4:32pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

/

You are a bad manager. Don't blame her.

That's all.

/

1 Like

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by benzion72(m): 4:32pm On May 10, 2023
Does she also serve as treasurer and financial controller of the organization. I don't understand
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by lanocconsulting: 4:38pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

If you need help sorting out your financial records, contact me on WhatsApp or call me. I am a freelance chartered Accountant, I help SMEs keep their records and produce financial statements on demand which helps you make informed decision, using an accounts software. You will also have you company's database, so you don't have to rely on a single individual.
If you want to know more about my services, here is my mail.
Lanocconsulting at gma*l dot c*m or WhatsApp me on zero eight one six seven five five four two zero seven

1 Like

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by shoprite: 4:49pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

I really don't know the size of your company but from the HR point of view, if it is reasonably organized then you won't be needing nails to nail her. Just invite her guarantors to pay up what she owes and if they don't you report her to the Police, she fails to turn up her guarantors will be held. Simple!

1 Like

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by isabi2lof: 4:50pm On May 10, 2023
Fake stories just like adim hide my ID 🤣🤣🤣
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by slam7000(m): 4:53pm On May 10, 2023
Iseoluwani:

On a serious note, start with her employment agreement. If it doesn't state that if she needs to leave, she must inform you guys. Then she is above you. 1-0,. If on the other hand. Arrest her

2. If she is into the company finances, then use that to nail her. What you strictly want from her is financial records

Wait till you hear the other side of the story....From salary, work conditions etc.

How can a director of a company notice ‘all these incompetencies’ and yet he hasn’t taken any proactive action?? How can this director leave important documents in the hands of such a worker?

1 Like

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by ikdaddy01(m): 4:55pm On May 10, 2023
Olasyke:
story sounds fake or you're just gullible and incapable of running a company

Btw, why would you travel to her village for proof?

What if you kpuff on the way? Kidnappers or accident?
Gbam
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by sirblend: 4:56pm On May 10, 2023
Durodavid:
Ok

PayDay Exchange! Buying And Selling Of Gift Cards, Funds And All Spending Cards At Dope Rate And Fast Payment.

Check Rate Below!!!

Visa 4852 100$-500$ = ₦65,000
Visa 4034/4358/4912/511332 100$= ₦50,000
Visa 4030 300$-500$= ₦53,000

Vanilla 4097 4118 100$= ₦59,000
Vanilla 4941 4847 4142 5253 100$= ₦56,000

Razer Gold 100$ = ₦60,000

Pi coin rate 300ngn per Pi

Rmb ask for rate

iTunes/Apple 100$= ₦52,000

XBox 100$= ₦55,000

Sephora 100$= ₦59,000

Steam 100$= ₦62,000

Roblox 100$= ₦36,000

Footlocker 100$= ₦60,000

Google Play 100$= ₦57,000

Nike 100$= ₦54,000

Amex 100$= ₦55,000

Macy 100$= ₦57,000
(Just the one's that start with 9)

Nordstrom 100$= ₦54,000

EBay 100$-200$= ₦53,000

Amazon 100$= ₦54,000

PayPal 100$= ₦64,000

Chime 100$= ₦65,000

zelle 100$= ₦60,000

Cashapp 100$= ₦65,000

Venmo 100$= ₦50,000 ;

Green dot 100$-2,000$= ₦64,000

E-Transfer 100$= ₦32,000

New Zealand Transfer Ask

Uk Transfer Ask

BTC/USDT/Ethereum not stable Ask

All Spending Cards Can Come In.

Physical Transaction Is Allowed.

WhatsApp

+234 (8162) (6453) 20

Scam
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Seun112233: 5:00pm On May 10, 2023
Don't be a wicked judge, have you requested for the account of how the company is treating her? The poster only talked from his/her own side

1 Like

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by kwasoly(m): 6:21pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

Arrest her she is a thief.
She is meant to hand over with detailed records of the financial expenses
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Zedoo(m): 6:44pm On May 10, 2023
Which kind weaklings dey this era abeg
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Chykes403: 7:17pm On May 10, 2023
Demon has been working as a secretary in your company. grin
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by smasher1(m): 8:41pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

Forget the whole story about the secretary. If her non cooperating means the company would go back one year, then she's the only useful person in the company. All of you can leave and not be missed.

1 Like

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Everbryte: 8:45pm On May 10, 2023
court should not be your first step, it will prolong the case & your company will go under in the process & at the end you are likely to get nothing from her.

Drag her to arbitration. There, they will be objective & your organisation running as a growing concern will be one of the objectives.

But this is a classic example of a poorly managed company. Even a barber shop can be better managed.

concho:

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by sulaak(m): 9:03pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

Never let people kow your intention , you should have got her an assistant that would have shadowed her work before you called her out.
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by sulaak(m): 9:05pm On May 10, 2023
smasher1:

Forget the whole story about the secretary. If her non cooperating means the company would go back one year, then she's the only useful person in the company. All of you can leave and not be missed.

They probably overworking her to the point that she has to steal a holiday by lying about her family

1 Like

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by sulaak(m): 9:08pm On May 10, 2023
slam7000:

Wait till you hear the other side of the story....From salary, work conditions etc.

How can a director of a company notice ‘all these incompetencies’ and yet he hasn’t taken any proactive action?? How can this director leave important documents in the hands of such a worker?

It's obvious who is the lazy worker the director that cannot recruit a replacement and the hard worker the secretary that has been carrying the company.
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by babaaelino92(m): 9:54pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

So a whole company that has Director no get lawyer?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We’re Hungry – Police Officers Cry Out Over Unpaid Six Months’ Salaries / Man Without Two Legs Sells Ice Cream For A Living. Photo / 9 Radio Bayelsa Staff Suspended In Wake Of Attack On Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.