Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company (28921 Views)

LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers / Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. / Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Rushna27(f): 1:07pm On May 10, 2023
Ahmed0336:
Take her to court.

Your secretary may be a coded olosho and a criminal.
Just what I'd wanted to say
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Didi2d(m): 1:07pm On May 10, 2023
Make I seat down well read this thing 😶

Well, for me I think you should call and invite her again and if she's refuses to come. Just involve the police in the matter.

Anyone that can use his or her parents to lie, my brother, that kind person fit kill you
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by stormborn28(m): 1:07pm On May 10, 2023
ajekpaks:

The guy sounds like a kid...

you noticed her incompetence from day one, instead of you to look into her records, you waited until she left?

you had time to visit her village to get proof of what I don't know exactly, but you didn't have time to investigate her duties in the office?

Good mind... You had my thought
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by jayred: 1:08pm On May 10, 2023
You made a mistake, you shouldn't have sent her the video yet, let her come to work, hire a replacement, do a thorough audit of her work and transactions, make her hand-over to the new person before you now fire her or take any action.

2 Likes

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Vintage100(m): 1:08pm On May 10, 2023
concho:
When I took over as a director in our company , I noticed that the company’s Secretary is a chronic liar

Most excuses she gives to avoid coming to work always seem like lies to me . But I couldn’t confront her since I don’t have proves .

Today her mum is very sick, tomorrow her dad is about dying .

I also noticed that she doesn’t do her jobs ( financial recordings ) . She is always sleeping at work and says she is sick when confronted .

We started looking for replacements , but I noticed also that she discourages everyone that wants to work .

On Thursday, she said her dad was dead and would be Buried on Saturday . I granted her a leave between Thursday and Saturday and I conclude that I must find her village and attend the burial without telling her .

On getting to her village , I discovered that there was no burial and the parents she constantly used as excuse died years ago

I sent her video I made in her village only for her to tell me that she won’t come to work again .

She handed nothing over to the company . She didn’t provide details of the transactions she did in the previous weeks .

I asked her details of the companies transactions during the Naira scarcity , she refused to come bring these things .

This resignation would take us one year backwards in other to sort her stuffs out. She handed over to no one

If I let her go free , other workers would emulate her .

How do I start nailing her please ??

I'm available for the job

1 Like

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by viceddy95(m): 1:08pm On May 10, 2023
Oga talk truth,you were having sexual relationship with your secretary 😀😀…that’s the reason she was misbehaving…
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:08pm On May 10, 2023
concho:
When I took over as a director in our company , I noticed that the company’s Secretary is a chronic liar

Most excuses she gives to avoid coming to work always seem like lies to me . But I couldn’t confront her since I don’t have proves .

I also noticed that she doesn’t do her jobs ( financial recordings ) . She is always sleeping at work and says she is sick when confronted .

We started looking for replacements , but I noticed also that she discourages everyone that wants to work .

On Thursday, she said her dad was dead and would be Buried on Saturday . I granted her a leave between Thursday and Saturday and I conclude that I must find her village and attend the burial without telling her .

On getting to her village , I discovered that there was no burial and the parents she constantly used as excuse died years ago

I sent her video I made in her village only for her to tell me that she won’t come to work again .

She handed nothing over to the company . She didn’t provide details of the transactions she did in the previous weeks .

I asked her details of the companies transactions during the Naira scarcity , she refused to come bring these things .

This resignation would take us one year backwards in other to sort her stuffs out. She handed over to no one

Una don come again… company director wey no sabi construct proper English. How do you send mails and compile reports? With this kain Idan English? grin
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Curious345: 1:09pm On May 10, 2023
I feel like slarpping and head booting you
concho:

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by President2001(m): 1:09pm On May 10, 2023
This story be some how, one thing I know is that she can't just changed and started misbehave we need to hear from her
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Khastro(m): 1:09pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

Most excuses she gives to avoid coming to work always seem like lies to me .

It does appear you have been weak in your communication with her, your posture, language, gestures seem not to be very objective.
Have you used deadlines to test her?
Has she been issued a warning letter, or dealt a disciplinary action?
Unless she's so valuable a person, you would have seen these signs before now.
Oftentimes when bosses get emotional with other gender, these things occur.
If you have contacts, get her with police. But be sure you are squeaky clean.
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by donjahsy(m): 1:10pm On May 10, 2023
Charge her to court but make sure she doesn't have something on you cos the court will be more interested in her story than yours!

1 Like

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 10, 2023
Olasyke:
story sounds fake or you're just gullible and incapable of running a company

Btw, why would you travel to her village for proof?

What if you kpuff on the way? Kidnappers or accident?

Honestly, this has to be the stupidest piece of fiction I have read anywhere through out this year.

Nairalanders just wake up and make up ridiculous stories just for attention. It's irritating!
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by tofolo(m): 1:10pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

Police...
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Stevenbright(m): 1:10pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

She has no record to handover to anyone because she iS incompetent in handling her duties.

Hire a competent replacement and also ensure you do your oversight function on supervising her adequately.

1 Like

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by FireUpNow(m): 1:12pm On May 10, 2023
Let's hear her side of the story then we can move on
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Didi2d(m): 1:12pm On May 10, 2023
viceddy95:
Oga talk truth,you were having sexual relationship with your secretary 😀😀…that’s the reason she was misbehaving…

This might just be true, for the OP to take his time to go to her village, Baba he has interest in the lady
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by sonature1: 1:13pm On May 10, 2023
If a bad staffer can influence the good ones, it simply means you don't treat them well.
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 1:13pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

you stocking on her, looking for every means for her to fail is not enough for you? Asking us to help you finish her probably send her to jail abi? Bros na Ogun go kill you for the girl to be set free completely
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by gimakon2(m): 1:14pm On May 10, 2023
u wan try straff am, she come show u say she sef get gbain for head.
Your story get as e be jare.
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Pwetty2(f): 1:15pm On May 10, 2023
she needs to be arrested
concho:

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Blitzking: 1:15pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

Police police police
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Joejonah(m): 1:15pm On May 10, 2023
You are a bad manager that Complains and hardly had anything done. If you are not petty why did you attend a burial the bereaved didn't invite you.

Now, go back to the drawing board and set up proper recordings and reporting for future seamless hand over and transition. One week of working with her would have been enough for you to document customers and their outstanding bearing her unserious attitude. I blame you
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Goalnaldo(m): 1:16pm On May 10, 2023
In a country where they are crying of no job, someone that has one is playing with her own, wonderful! That girl must be doing some shady deals or has a glucose patriach that is willing or already funding her lifestyle.
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by skiguy123(m): 1:18pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

This is like nollywood movies where ghosts would knock your door before entering your house. You are a director of a company and the secretary refused to provide financial reports to you for months and you do nothing? If I may ask, please what is the nature of your company's business?
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by VULCAN(m): 1:26pm On May 10, 2023
When you read something written by a person who has decided that they will be an employee for life- you will know!

Nobody who runs a business or dreams to do so one day will write this crap.

I pray that you can still be saved from such a short term, limited and low grade mindset

Nonywendy:

Most companies need to be treated this way. When they want to fore someone they will do so without pre informing the persn or thinking about the persn. Now if the persn resigns without telling you, you feel the pains. Ntoooorrr
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by captainking(m): 1:27pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

That is theft,,,report her to the police,,trust me,,,they will find her
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by victorazy(m): 1:30pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

Don't you know that employee can be sued because improper resignation?
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by emadamysy: 1:30pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

Quick questions.
What was your role before assuming the director post .
What was her relationship with the previous director .
Why is it taking long to get her replacement since you noticed this attitude from the onset .
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Tallesty1(m): 1:30pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by oluwaseyi0: 1:33pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

is there notice period in her terms of employment ?

if there is then you can force her to stay that notice period or pay in lieu of notice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abba Kyari Promoted To Deputy Commissioner Of Police, Becomes Youngest DCP At 43 / We’re Hungry – Police Officers Cry Out Over Unpaid Six Months’ Salaries / Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.