Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,227 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company (28923 Views)

LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers / Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. / Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Trustedpronet: 1:36pm On May 10, 2023
If your company finance usually goes through the secretary... I will advise you get an external auditor for proper audit of the company's financial details. You should officially write her to surmit all the documents or information in her possession within a stipulated time and if she failed, take a step further by arresting her.
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by REALretep(m): 1:40pm On May 10, 2023
Trustedpronet:
If your company finance usually goes through the secretary... I will advise you get an external auditor for proper audit of the company's financial details. You should officially write her to surmit all the documents or information in her possession within a stipulated time and if she failed, take a step further by arresting her.
concho
The above is good advice.
However, if you feel she may play a fast one on you, then you may quickly arrest her to ensure she doesn't move away beyond your reach.
You need to properly outline company documents in her possession and any company rules she may have flouted. This will strengthen the case.

But it was rash of you to send the video to her.
I hope you have learnt your lesson shaa.
You have a lot to learn as a company director before the company goes down under you
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by oxygeng: 1:41pm On May 10, 2023
I feel sorry for the company that hired your type as a director. I can't figure it out how a director would leave his busy schedule both private and official and travel to a subordinate's village. Even if it's just 10km from the office. If indeed this happened, you must be a person of very low self esteem, asking the secretary out, and her refusal threw you of balance, thinking someone else must be fucking her whenever she's not in the office. That's the reason you started acting FBI, KGB and MOSSAD around her. You even sent the video you made to her (Errand boy >: grin).
Guy wake up.

2 Likes

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Beewhy01(m): 1:43pm On May 10, 2023
Director my foot.

This is just a mama put kind of business. Don't the secretary has guarantor? Btw, how come she's accumulating the details of the company's transactions report. There is something u aren't telling us here

1 Like

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Tonytonex(m): 1:46pm On May 10, 2023
That's why maltreating someone is not good. Respect is earn not giving.
Some people are not wise.
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by teemy(m): 1:49pm On May 10, 2023
@concho, your company paid her for thos things. If she refuses to drop the items, then she could be sued for the money paid to her as salary during the periods of when those works were being made, Also extra damages for the cost implication of whatever delays her actions of not dropping them on time could have cost the company as well as the cost of the court case for an issue that should not have even gotten to court.

However, I'll advice you start with the cheaper and time saving method before heading to court. Call and talk to her.
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by lonelydora: 1:49pm On May 10, 2023
concho:
When I took over as a director in our company , I noticed that the company’s Secretary is a chronic liar

Most excuses she gives to avoid coming to work always seem like lies to me . But I couldn’t confront her since I don’t have proves .

Today her mum is very sick, tomorrow her dad is about dying .

I also noticed that she doesn’t do her jobs ( financial recordings ) . She is always sleeping at work and says she is sick when confronted .

We started looking for replacements , but I noticed also that she discourages everyone that wants to work .

On Thursday, she said her dad was dead and would be Buried on Saturday . I granted her a leave between Thursday and Saturday and I conclude that I must find her village and attend the burial without telling her .

On getting to her village , I discovered that there was no burial and the parents she constantly used as excuse died years ago

I sent her video I made in her village only for her to tell me that she won’t come to work again .

She handed nothing over to the company . She didn’t provide details of the transactions she did in the previous weeks .

I asked her details of the companies transactions during the Naira scarcity , she refused to come bring these things .

This resignation would take us one year backwards in other to sort her stuffs out. She handed over to no one

If I let her go free , other workers would emulate her .

How do I start nailing her please ??

There's a reason people give notice of resignation.

And there's a reason company tell outgoing staff "hand over every company property in your possession"

Use police and arrest her. Tell police she has some company confidential documents in her possession.

Is she proves stubborn, hit me up, let's solve it once and for all.

Meanwhile I have replacement for her if you stay in SE or SS

1 Like

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by NigerianAngelo(m): 1:51pm On May 10, 2023
Mynd44:
This is why people will rather employ proper business managers and/or get real HR personnel to manage staff related issues.

She has resigned. You can't arrest her for not handing over or not explaining things, she owes you no obligation.

Except you have evidence that she has stolen money or she has company property with her, you are effed.

Here is a small advice. Go meet her, offer her the job back as a contract staff and sweeten the pot with a raise, if not, good luck getting the information you need

Please DON'T take this advice
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by wisdomkid: 1:51pm On May 10, 2023
Arrest her and sue her. Except she get connections, she go beg. Why such wickedness?
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by aktolly54(m): 1:52pm On May 10, 2023
concho:
When I took over as a director in our company , I noticed that the company’s Secretary is a chronic liar

Most excuses she gives to avoid coming to work always seem like lies to me . But I couldn’t confront her since I don’t have proves .

I also noticed that she doesn’t do her jobs ( financial recordings ) . She is always sleeping at work and says she is sick when confronted .

We started looking for replacements , but I noticed also that she discourages everyone that wants to work .

On Thursday, she said her dad was dead and would be Buried on Saturday . I granted her a leave between Thursday and Saturday and I conclude that I must find her village and attend the burial without telling her .

On getting to her village , I discovered that there was no burial and the parents she constantly used as excuse died years ago

I sent her video I made in her village only for her to tell me that she won’t come to work again .

She handed nothing over to the company . She didn’t provide details of the transactions she did in the previous weeks .

I asked her details of the companies transactions during the Naira scarcity , she refused to come bring these things .

This resignation would take us one year backwards in other to sort her stuffs out. She handed over to no one

get another employee , with the numbers of unemployed graduate out there. And tell her if she doesn't come with company stuff she will be arrested and her gurantor will be arrested too.

She will comply in no time
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Psoul(m): 1:52pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

How do I start nailing her please

Please, what kind of company are you guys running. So I see here are bunch of incompetent fellows.
You as a manager is so weak to manage your staff. You're as incompetent as your do called company's secretary.

So am incompetent secretary left a company and the company falls back 1yr backward. That means she was the pillar of that company and she has bn the one keeping you going.

Oga, you don't even know a single thing she does on her desk. You do not even understand how to prepare the reports she do submit to you, so what are you going to tell the police if you go ahead to arrest her.

Are you going to tell them to compel the girl to continue working with your company?
Are you going to tell them she stole from the company when you cannot interpret her report very well or computer the outstanding report to know the true financial status of the company.

You even had the time to stalk the lady. Ina dey try ooo. This is against work ethics unless she's a staff you're conducting background check on. This is done at the beginning of employment not because you want to check if excuse request you've granted a staff is true or not.

1 Like

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Tonytonex(m): 1:53pm On May 10, 2023
Olasyke:
story sounds fake or you're just gullible and incapable of running a company

Btw, why would you travel to her village for proof?

What if you kpuff on the way? Kidnappers or accident?
Exactly. This story sounds really fib.
For those judging the sec. It's always good to hear from both parties before concluding.
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by gr8child(m): 1:53pm On May 10, 2023
You no sabi road to police station? She should come and render account for the funds under her control.
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Parachoko: 1:54pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

If your story is not fake

Please resign, you're not competent enough to occupy the position you're in now.

A secretary dey behave in such a manner and you no fire her a long time ago

1 Like

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Believe1234: 1:55pm On May 10, 2023
I want to ask u, are u owing her any outstanding salary befor the incident
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by phemmyfour: 1:56pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

Arrest the mofo
She should be at least be accountable
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by viralinfo: 1:59pm On May 10, 2023
my brother your secretarry don run u street...I distaste liar to me anyone that lies is capable to steal..pls go to nearest police station and get her arrested for fraund
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by free2ryhme: 2:00pm On May 10, 2023
rottenPussy:
I bet you didn't know some companies do comprehensive KYC

What if the director gets kidnapped? Is it the director's responsibility to verify the staff's true cause of absence from work.

Many dont think, that is why nairaland churns out fabricated stories to keep you in check.
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by ambale(m): 2:00pm On May 10, 2023
First and foremost this story looks doctored and the writer did a bad job at that

Companies have guiding principles which everyone abides with whether you are this or that, there are also consequences for wrongdoing in the employee manual abeg activate it and spare us long talks

Except if na road side shop u dey talk about sha ooo, even those ones don dey get brain small small
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by ImpactBooks: 2:00pm On May 10, 2023
I see people commenting here out of sheer ignorance. Op, if you story is true, you have every right to go ahead and arrest the lady for breach of (employment) contract provide:

1. Did the company gave her employment letter when she was employed?

2. If yes, what does the letter (and by extension) the staff handbook say about staff resignation process?

3. If you see that the secretary did not follow the resignation process as stated in (2) above then you can sue her for breach of contract.

4. If you're able to achieve the (3) above, then you can demand for those records/ information that you're seeking for from her as part of condition for accepting her resignation legitly.

Everything stated in staff employment letter is not there for reading sake it's law binding. That is why it is called employment contract. But, where there is no employment letter, please the lady in question is gone for good! S'ope Otilo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Tealcrestmedia(m): 2:03pm On May 10, 2023
Are there no business systems set in place to curb such excesses? What's your hr policy for staff looking to resign ?none ? Or it's just a one man business ?

As a business owner, you don't rely on people's honesty in order to get things done, you set up clear processes and guidelines that guide every employee in the discharge of their duties. You can't be begging someone to come handover properly if it was clearly stated in your employee handbook.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by LZAA: 2:04pm On May 10, 2023
One simple arrest will solve all these na
Stop ranting and do the needful
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by WelcomeToBiafra: 2:05pm On May 10, 2023
You are not telling the truth, did you fu***k/had an affair with her or not?

You granted her leave between Thursday to Saturday without going through record book?

Supposing she really wanted to go for her parent burial, is it Thursday to Saturday (2 days) you would given her to attend her parent burial because she's a secretary to your company?

And for you to gave her only 2 days leave to attend her parent burial, shows that your company don't have fresh air or off days for workers there.

How much was her salary?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by LZAA: 2:05pm On May 10, 2023
ImpactBooks:
I see people commenting here out of sheer ignorance. Op, if you story is true, you have every right to go ahead and arrest the lady for breach of (employment) contract provide:

2. If yes, what does the letter (and by extension) the staff handbook say about staff resignation process?

3. If you see that the secretary did not follow the resignation process as stated in (2) above then you can sue her for breach of contract.

4. If you're able to achieve the (3) above, then you can demand for those records/ information that you're seeking for from her as part of condition for accepting her resignation legitly.

Everything stated in staff employment letter is not there for reading sake it's law binding. That is why it is called employment contract. But, where there is no employment letter, please the lady in question is gone for good! S'ope Otilo
As in I'm baffled
Except im with the barney dey knack grin
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Mynd44: 2:08pm On May 10, 2023
ImpactBooks:

All you have said here will take atleast 2 years of legal time whike the company is in immediate wahala as they do not have the records.

He failed to manage the situation well. How come no one noticed she was not documenting these transactions? Or no one was vetting them.

The cheaper, faster and easier thing to do is to dangle a carrot in front of her. She has won this round and he needs to acknowledge that
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Mynd44: 2:10pm On May 10, 2023
LZAA:
One simple arrest will solve all these na
Stop ranting and do the needful
Arrest her for what?

She has not stolen (no proof)

She has not taken properties belonging to the company

She simply resigned her job. If the company and director didn't think it was important to have records of payments, they are in trouble. Huge one

1 Like

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by lomprico(m): 2:11pm On May 10, 2023
concho:

Get an auditor to audit her and if she is found wanting , arrest her with the proof.
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by WelcomeToBiafra: 2:15pm On May 10, 2023
Parachoko:
If your story is not fake

Please resign, you're not competent enough to occupy the position you're in now.

A secretary dey behave in such a manner and you no fire her a long time ago

Maybe he had affair with her that blinded his responsibilities as director.

This is kind of directors directing a failed amalgamation since 1914-1960 till date.

1 Like

Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Believe1234: 2:19pm On May 10, 2023
Did u undergo any training as a director befor taking over the company?
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Holluwhakemmy(f): 2:43pm On May 10, 2023
This story not true
Re: My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company by Shadysen: 2:46pm On May 10, 2023
tommykiwi:
Threaten her, by sending her a text message, that you are reporting the matter police because you intend taking the matter to court.
what's her offence?
if its me, i wont be scare of your police
except i have done wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We’re Hungry – Police Officers Cry Out Over Unpaid Six Months’ Salaries / Court Declines Jurisdiction On Case Of Female Army Officer Who Married Foreigner / Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.