Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,772 members, 7,831,482 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media (7192 Views)

Charles Soludo Hosts The Ooni Of Ife, Enitan Ogunwusi (Pictures) / Gbadebo Rhodes-vivour Pays Visit To The Ooni Of Ife / Atiku Abubakar Bowing To The Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by slimfit1(m): 9:33am On May 10, 2023
baretalk:

But it's in Datti the terrorists place to claim Obi won when matter is in court?

This dumb character is not paying you people, yet you keep engaging in it...all the calamity that has befallen alaigbo is due to your uncouth mouth.

We have been paid with his fantastic ideas brother
Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by slimfit1(m): 9:34am On May 10, 2023
Toluwanise247:

For your stupidity how king in Igbo land support Tinubu they all stand with obi no one tag them then ….
Obi can support anyone as how is under his kingdom

Your comments don't make sense please read it again.
Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by gannod(m): 10:22am On May 10, 2023
Lifestone:
Lol. I'm Yoruba. You guys keep burning
bridges. You may need that bridge tomorrow.
Soon, some people will be asking why they don't get support from other tribes

Honestly, they are doing irreparable damage to Obi's future aspiration. When you insult other people's elders, traditional rulers and culture, you should expect payback in the future.

2 Likes

Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by Lifestone(m): 10:27am On May 10, 2023
G00DHardDick:

Dude, Obi of Onitsha and oba of Benin are way too mature and responsible by far than Ooni of ife. Is it not the same Ooni of ife we've been seeing online knacking different women?
And was even planning on knacking nkechi the actress? Dude, Ooni of ife is not a serious fellow. He is highly irrelevant in the scheme of things. Oonii of ife simply just revealed to Nigerians that he is an immature kid and a bigoted Fool. He should go and learn how to be king from oba of Benin and obi of Onitsha. Maturity is the key word son!!!! Ooni of ife just too immature, this is exactly why nobody takes him serious. He is always on the news for negative reasons. How many times have you seen oba of Benin or Obi of Onitsha on the news for silly irrelevant clownish reasons? But Ooni of ife appears frequently just for clout chasing. The man is just a kid.
Agian, you failed to capture the essence of my post. Ooni should express himself without getting bullied, he spoke in support of his subject, what is wrong in that. An attack on Ooni is an attack against we Yorubas because it can never be in your place to insult my fathers and expect me to be your friend.
Uba was recently crying if Igbos are not part of Nigeria, but it becomes difficult for any Yoruba Sons to support an ethnic deriding our Fathers. Where are your allies going to come from when you fight and insult everybody. That's my point.
As elucidated by Reno, such behaviors brings working with other tribes difficult. For we Yorubas, we have survived effectively since pre-colonial eras and will continue to survive. We have too many allies in Nigeria
Ooni's wives and concubines are his personal life and in line with our culture (see Oba of Bini who is also a Yoruba)

1 Like

Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by Lifestone(m): 10:29am On May 10, 2023
gannod:

Honestly, they are doing irreparable damage to Obi's future aspiration. When you insult other people's elders, traditional rulers and culture, you should expect payback in the future.
Absolutely

2 Likes

Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by matrixme(m): 11:59am On May 10, 2023
I will only choose to reply your comment because you said you're Yoruba. If truly Yoruba blood flows in you, you won't say that the king of your most revered tribe is unwise for choosing sides with whom has been declared winner by the authorities. In an election, there can only be a winner, but 2023 presidential elections in Nigeria has 3. The Ooni was magnanimous enough to be apolitical during campaigns, he welcomed all candidates with open arms. Now the elections is over, the Obi would have done the same thing assuming Peter was declared winner. Omo aale l'o ma n fii owo osi jiwe baba re. You're Yoruba first before you became a Nigerian. Let that sink in.
Bukola94:
I am Yoruba by tribe, I am proudly Nigeria and black. To your question on why Obi of Onitsha is distance himself from Obi? Is simply because he is wise, and respect Ooni of Ife. both of them respect each other. Both their kingdom will go far.
Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by ProphetM0hammad: 12:03pm On May 10, 2023
slimfit1:

It's not his place to interfair in politics when it's in court already.

So because he's Ooni, he doesn't have the right to support a party.

You people insulted Osinbajo, Adeboye, Soyinka, Buhari, Tinubu, Awolowo ,Ooni etc.

We the next generation are watching and the marginalization and victimization the ibos are experiencing now will be child's play when we take over.

The aggression and violence will be 100 folds and we'll make it glaring that you people are second class citizens.

2 Likes

Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by Ceenaija(m): 12:32pm On May 10, 2023
Lifestone:

Agian, you failed to capture the essence of my post. Ooni should express himself without getting bullied, he spoke in support of his subject, what is wrong in that. An attack on Ooni is an attack against we Yorubas because it can never be in your place to insult my fathers and expect me to be your friend.
Uba was recently crying if Igbos are not part of Nigeria, but it becomes difficult for any Yoruba Sons to support an ethnic deriding our Fathers. Where are your allies going to come from when you fight and insult everybody. That's my point.
As elucidated by Reno, such behaviors brings working with other tribes difficult. For we Yorubas, we have survived effectively since pre-colonial eras and will continue to survive. We have too many allies in Nigeria
Ooni's wives and concubines are his personal life and in line with our culture (see Oba of Bini who is also a Yoruba)

If you know how dubious this Agbado supporters are ,they are ready to do anything and accuse the obidients in other to continue planting the seed of of hatred among Nigerians.
Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by slimfit1(m): 12:56pm On May 10, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

So because he's Ooni, he doesn't have the right to support a party.

You people insulted Osinbajo, Adeboye, Soyinka, Buhari, Tinubu, Awolowo ,Ooni etc.

We the next generation are watching and the marginalization and victimization the ibos are experiencing now will be child's play when we take over.

The aggression and violence will be 100 folds and we'll make it glaring that you people are second class citizens.

I am Yoruba and I can tell that nobody is supporting you to suffocate any Igbo as long as we are still in fake one Nigeria maybe when we get Oduduwa republic.
Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by baretalk: 1:08pm On May 10, 2023
slimfit1:

We have been paid with his fantastic ideas brother
The picture one gets from South east is one of retrogression, a violent prone, terrorists infested areas, with no freedom, the only region in the world where people are still enslaved. A 'rich' man with a dirty house, is a mad man.
Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by ProphetM0hammad: 1:09pm On May 10, 2023
slimfit1:

I am Yoruba and I can tell that nobody is supporting you to suffocate any Igbo as long as we are still in fake one Nigeria maybe when we get Oduduwa republic.

You may be Yoruba by name, but who are you in the Yoruba ancestory?
This is a faceless forum but I'll give it away that I'm an heir, my ascendants lived in ife for a while before leaving and going to form a town not far away from ife itself.
This agenda is not for passengers, you can just standby and watch.

I lived in the north for many years and i can tell you that these bushmen cannot try 1% of what they do with us in the north cos they will get instant judgement on the spot.

If all of us become docile and weak, then one day they will chase us out of our land cos of the inability of their 5 plots of land to contain them and then you won't have a home and you won't even be proud to call yourself Yoruba the way you are doing.

They have been calling us cowards for years just because we don't go about looking for fight unnecessarily, but when it was time to defend our heritage we rose and made them realize who is who, at the end of the day they were the ones crying and writing letters.

1 Like

Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by GoodCane: 1:19pm On May 10, 2023
Lifestone:

Oba of Benin isn't a Yoruba. Stop attaching we binis with you Yorubas. I have made it clear here several times that we have no relation with Yoruba whatsoever so stop tagging our oba of Benin as Yoruba. No try am again!
Again, I have told you that as traditional ruler, it is expected of the ruler to be neutral and that is exactly what oba of Benin and obi of Onitsha are doing. That's called maturity. Oba of Benin was asked sometime ago about his political preference, he said and I quote "I have no candidate. We need a good president who can work for us all".

Dude, now imagine our oba of Benin or Obi of Onitsha always speaking in defence of obi. Of course I'm very sure your kinds would have insulted the hell out of them and will even tagged them as "ipob". This is exactly how you Yorubas attacked anyone who supports Obi by calling the person "ipob or Igbo man". Now this one called himself Ooni of ife and he couldn't even hide his own bigot. Tueh!. Ooni of ife is an Oduduwa terrorist disguising as a king. Man is too childish and clownish. His a tribal bigot just as the average Yoruba man.
Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by slimfit1(m): 1:21pm On May 10, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

You may be Yoruba by name, but who are you in the Yoruba ancestory?
This is a faceless forum but I'll give it away that I'm an heir, my ascendants lived in ife for a while before leaving and going to form a town not far away from ife itself.
This agenda is not for passengers, you can just standby and watch.

I lived in the north for many years and i can tell you that these bushmen cannot try 1% of what they do with us in the north cos they will get instant judgement on the spot.

If all of us become docile and weak, then one day they will chase us out of our land cos of the inability of their 5 plots of land to contain them and then you won't have a home and you won't even be proud to call yourself Yoruba the way you are doing.

They have been calling us cowards for years just because we don't go about looking for fight unnecessarily, but when it was time to defend our heritage we rose and made them realize who is who, at the end of the day they were the ones crying and writing letters.

No Igbo man is trying to take anything from anyone, I lived in the North too so you can't tell me that story. This Buhari I've been to his house that's all I am going to say. Igbos have been living in Lagos for more than 50th years they didn't take your land why would they do that now? Don't let the devil use you.
Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by ProphetM0hammad: 1:32pm On May 10, 2023
slimfit1:

No Igbo man is trying to take anything from anyone, I lived in the North too so you can't tell me that story. This Buhari I've been to his house that's all I am going to say. Igbos have been living in Lagos for more than 50th years they didn't take your land why would they do that now? Don't let the devil use you.

I went briefly through your post, what i should have done before replying you at first.
You are not Yoruba, i don't know what you think you stand to gain claiming otherwise.

I don't like making noise about Lagos, go to ilesa in osun state. The number of ibos there alone are 100x more than the yorubas in the entire east.
When you give them too much freedom, they will forget themselves and start misbehaving.

Just last week, they started dragging the northerners on twitter over jamb results and within two weeks they have insulted Ooni, Soyinka and Adeboye online.

Forget about this court drama, anybody who knows history enough will know that it is easier for Nigeria to win the world cup five times in a row than an ibo man to be president.

But the next general election in which an ibo man will be on the ballot is the time they'll realized that they are finished as far as national politics is concerned

2 Likes

Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by ProphetM0hammad: 1:42pm On May 10, 2023
G00DHardDick:

Oba of Benin isn't a Yoruba. Stop attaching we binis with you Yorubas. I have made it clear here several times that we have no relation with Yoruba whatsoever so stop tagging our oba of Benin as Yoruba. No try am again!
Again, I have told you that as traditional ruler, it is expected of the ruler to be neutral and that is exactly what oba of Benin and obi of Onitsha are doing. That's called maturity. Oba of Benin was asked sometime ago about his political preference, he said and I quote "I have no candidate. We need a good president who can work for us all".

Dude, now imagine our oba of Benin or Obi of Onitsha always speaking in defence of obi. Of course I'm very sure your kinds would have insulted the hell out of them and will even tagged them as "ipob". This is exactly how you Yorubas attacked anyone who supports Obi by calling the person "ipob or Igbo man". Now this one called himself Ooni of ife and he couldn't even hide his own bigot. Tueh!. Ooni of ife is an Oduduwa terrorist disguising as a king. Man is too childish and clownish. His a tribal bigot just as the average Yoruba man.

Who cares about Oba of bini or bini people?

We don't force ourselves on people, besides Edo state is already on the biafra map, nobody gives a sh!t about you.

You are the clown here for thinking being a monarch should take away your right to support someone in politics.

Tinubu is a big name in politics that the Ooni can't ignore.

Which bini man is contesting that you expect the Oba of bini to throw his weight behind?

2 Likes

Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by GoodCane: 1:47pm On May 10, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

We don't force ourselves on people, besides Edo state is already on the biafra map, nobody gives a sh!t about you.

You are the clown here for thinking being a monarch should take away your right to support someone in politics.

Which bini man is contesting that you expect the Oba of bini to throw his weight behind?

Dude, I'm not the cause of your pains and frustrations. Take your bitterness and miserable life elsewhere
Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by slimfit1(m): 1:49pm On May 10, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

I went briefly through your post, what i should have done before replying you at first.
You are not Yoruba, i don't know what you think you stand to gain claiming otherwise.

I don't like making noise about Lagos, go to ilesa in osun state. The number of ibos there alone are 100x more than the yorubas in the entire east.
When you give them too much freedom, they will forget themselves and start misbehaving.

Just last week, they started dragging the northerners on twitter over jamb results and within two weeks they have insulted Ooni, Soyinka and Adeboye online.

Forget about this court drama, anybody who knows history enough will know that it is easier for Nigeria to win the world cup five times in a row than an ibo man to be president.

But the next general election in which an ibo man will be on the ballot is the time they'll realized that they are finished as far as national politics is concerned

Would you like white people to say these things you say to your brothers abroad?
Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by ProphetM0hammad: 1:49pm On May 10, 2023
G00DHardDick:

Dude, I'm not the cause of your pains and frustrations. Take your bitterness and miserable life elsewhere
You are the pained and miserable one hear for crying cos a king didn't support your feelings.

1 Like

Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by ProphetM0hammad: 1:50pm On May 10, 2023
slimfit1:

Would you like white people to say these things you say to your brothers abroad?

Yes, if they cross the line

1 Like

Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by Creeper: 2:07pm On May 10, 2023
This isn’t even shocking. When they have insulted Awolowo, Prof. Wole Soyinka, everyone in Fela Kuti’s family, and Yoruba pastors (in a country of Bible thumpers and gullible religious nuts where people call pastors daddy) - who didn’t see this coming? It’s only a matter of time before they start beating up Yoruba leaders and kings due to how docile Yoruba people are.

And what’s laughable is that: most of the people doing it amongst the Igbo mob live in Yorubaland. I doubt they would try this somewhere in Kano or Sokoto since they know the repercussions of their actions.

This is reminiscent of the Alaafin of Oyo that sped up the destruction of Oyo empire indirectly (I think it was Alaafin Abiodun). The gullible Alaafin decided to leave the conservativism and militarism that made Oyo great - for neo-liberalism and wealth. And that was the end of Oyo empire.

People like talking about how Yorubas are liberals, when liberalism has never built an empire. But conversely, all empires have been destroyed by liberalism. Keep being docile idiots until these barbarians with no history destroy everything your forebears built and everything Awolowo dedicated his life to protect. They will take your lands. Sack all your kings. Destroy your culture. And you’ll end up destitute.

The only unsung heroes are those who flogged these barbarians during the last elections in Lagos. They need to be celebrated every year. Everyone else is a muppet!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by cktheluckyman: 2:12pm On May 10, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

Oga abeg STFU!! Ilesa is not a business hub what will igbos be doing there in large numbers?

There are equally Yorubas in all parts of igboland
Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by cktheluckyman: 2:14pm On May 10, 2023
Creeper:
This isn’t even shocking. When they have insulted Awolowo, Prof. Wole Soyinka, everyone in Fela Kuti’s family, and Yoruba pastors (in a country of Bible thumpers and gullible religious nuts where people call pastors daddy) - who didn’t see this coming? It’s only a matter of time before they start beating up Yoruba leaders and kings due to how docile Yoruba people are.

And what’s laughable is that: most of the people doing it amongst the Igbo mob live in Yorubaland. I doubt they would try this somewhere in Kano or Sokoto since they know the repercussions of their actions.

This is reminiscent of the Alaafin of Oyo that sped up the destruction of Oyo empire indirectly (I think it was Alaafin Abiodun). The gullible Alaafin decided to leave the conservativism and militarism that made Oyo great - for neo-liberalism and wealth. And that was the end of Oyo empire.

People like talking about how Yorubas are liberals, when liberalism has never built an empire. But conversely, all empires have been destroyed by liberalism. Keep being docile idiots until these barbarians with no history destroy everything your forebears built and everything Awolowo dedicated his life to protect. They will take your lands. Sack all your kings. Destroy your culture. And you’ll end up destitute.

The only unsung heroes are those who flogged these barbarians during the last elections in Lagos. They need to be celebrated every year. Everyone else is a muppet!
Why do you idiots always assume that every igbos live in Yorubaland? What percentage of igbos even live in Lagos?

As for your so-called unsung heroes, very soon you people will find out that no tribe or region has a monopoly over such "unsung heroes"
Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by slimfit1(m): 2:15pm On May 10, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

Yes, if they cross the line

So saying go back to stinking Africa is OK to you?
Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by cktheluckyman: 2:16pm On May 10, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

STFU!! A monarch should not be dabbling in partisan politics.It belittles the throne.

The young Ooni should learn from the other respectable monarchs in the country
Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by ProphetM0hammad: 2:25pm On May 10, 2023
cktheluckyman:

STFU!! A monarch should not be dabbling in partisan politics.It belittles the throne.

The young Ooni should learn from the other respectable monarchs in the country
Before the election, Obi was parading the Ooni palace soliciting for support.

Why didn't you send a message to him then to stop going there that it belittles the throne?

I don't know when politics, an important aspect of nation suddenly become abominable for a king, or rather you are only crying he's not leaning towards who you support.

I think you ate ogbono and cold akpu too much and it has fogged your brain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by ProphetM0hammad: 2:26pm On May 10, 2023
slimfit1:

So saying go back to stinking Africa is OK to you?

They said it to the okoros trading drugs over there.

Who do you think i would blame? Them or the okoros?

1 Like

Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by ProphetM0hammad: 2:32pm On May 10, 2023
cktheluckyman:

Oga abeg STFU!! Ilesa is not a business hub what will igbos be doing there in large numbers?

There are equally Yorubas in all parts of igboland

I don't think you are alright saying ilesa is not a business hub
The okoros in ilesa opening empty shops that contain disc and used tyres during the day, while operating as armed robbers at night
Including the ones that open butiks instead of Boutique, to sell abbibas and nika instead of addidas and nike.
While the women push wheelbarrow to sell rice and beans for them
The local brothels there are filled with onyinye, amara, bella, amaka

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by slimfit1(m): 2:52pm On May 10, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

They said it to the okoros trading drugs over there.

Who do you think i would blame? Them or the okoros?

Hating Igbo people for no reason can kill. Because one woman disappoint you doesn't mean all women are the same don't generalise people apart from Fulani Herbsmen killing.
Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by cktheluckyman: 3:36pm On May 10, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

I don't think you are alright saying ilesa is not a business hub
The okoros in ilesa opening empty shops that contain disc and used tyres during the day, while operating as armed robbers at night
Including the ones that open butiks instead of Boutique, to sell abbibas and nika instead of addidas and nike.
While the women push wheelbarrow to sell rice and beans for them
The local brothels there are filled with onyinye, amara, bella, amaka
You think Yorubas are not in remote igbo villages selling herbs?
Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by cktheluckyman: 3:37pm On May 10, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

Before the election, Obi was parading the Ooni palace soliciting for support.

Why didn't you send a message to him then to stop going there that it belittles the throne?

I don't know when politics, an important aspect of nation suddenly become abominable for a king, or rather you are only crying he's not leaning towards who you support.

I think you ate ogbono and cold akpu too much and it has fogged your brain
It is customary for presidential candidates to visit palace of the traditional rulers of any town they campaign in.

It is not for him to carry out any open endorsement of any candidate
Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by Occurstaem(m): 4:14pm On May 10, 2023
Wow!
These people are so predictable. No reservations at all.
Imagine the idi0ts insulting our Ooni, just dey play ooo.
Re: Obidients insults The Ooni of Ife On Social Media by tungamaje: 5:00pm On May 10, 2023
gannod:

So which traditional ruler from any other tribe has told the opposition to surrender? Traditional rulers should be neutral. Ooni shouldn't have made that comment. That's why he is receiving the backlash. This is not a matter of some people burning bridges and causing damages

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance / What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? / Ojudu Denies Resignation From APC, Says It's Fake News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.