Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help (27015 Views)

My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House / My Sister Wants Court Marriage, Her Husband Doesn't. Advise Her Please / My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 10, 2023
Aguiyimba:

This man loves his family and he knows his weakness.
And that's enough reason not to follow doctor's advise over his wife's health? It mustn't be a live-in houshelp but she definitely needs one
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by GoodBoi1(m): 3:27pm On May 10, 2023
Tallesty1:
It's important to remember that even though this man may be wicked and selfish in your opinion, he is still someone's husband and likely the love of her life. He is someone who is respected by his wife and they have committed to spending their lives together.

Regardless of what may be going on in their marriage, insulting him will undoubtedly affect his wife's feelings, so it's important to be mindful of that. Respect him for her please.

This is not just about a disagreement between a boyfriend and girlfriend or two politicians, but rather a married couple who have made a commitment to each other.
This sounds like it is written by chatgpt or other AI?
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by aktolly54(m): 3:27pm On May 10, 2023
Xerona:
Hello Nairalanders, there is an issue at hand.
I have two kids and recently gave birth to the third few months ago. It's been really difficult for me since I practically do most of the house chores... my husband is hardly around because of work.

I came down with this strange disturbing headache that doesnt go away. So I went to see a doctor and she said the headache was as a result of postpartum stress and lack of sleep.

The truth is I'm awake most of the time because of the baby or when I'm attending to other household matter. I haven't had a good sleep in a long while. So when the doctor suggested I get a house help so I can find time and sleep when shes holding the baby. I knew she she was on point. But the problem is my husband, he wouldn't hear of it, he doesn't want us to get any househelp...

I even pleaded with him and made him see reasons why I needed help, but he refused... I'm beginning to think I ended up with the wrong person because I dont understand why anyone would deliberately want to subject their wife to this kind of torture.

My kids are age 5, 2 and 3 months... I go to the market, cook, clean, i even do school run too...He's a contractor and will be travelling back to work next week.. yet he doesn't want me to get help...
get CCTV and explain to your husband that you will check the activity of the househelp on CCTV . Your husband just fear because of what people say or heard about house help problem which is mostly true.

ON THE ORHER HAND, WHY CANT SOMEONE FROM YOUR FAMILY OR YOUR HUSBAND FAMILY TO COME STAY WITH YOU? THAT IS MORE PREFERABLY THAN JUST STRANGERS AROUND YOUR KIDS
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by ashawopikin(m): 3:27pm On May 10, 2023
That thing wey u dey find, u go soon see am
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Algold: 3:28pm On May 10, 2023
Xerona:
I have two kids and recently gave birth to the third few months ago. It's been really difficult for me since I practically do most of the house chores... my husband is hardly around because of work.

I came down with this strange disturbing headache that doesnt go away. So I went to see a doctor and she said the headache was as a result of postpartum stress and lack of sleep.

The truth is I'm awake most of the time because of the baby or when I'm attending to other household matter. I haven't had a good sleep in a long while. So when the doctor suggested I get a house help so I can find time and sleep when shes holding the baby. I knew she she was on point. But the problem is my husband, he wouldn't hear of it, he doesn't want us to get any househelp...

I even pleaded with him and made him see reasons why I needed help, but he refused... I'm beginning to think I ended up with the wrong person because I dont understand why anyone would deliberately want to subject their wife to this kind of torture.

My kids are age 5, 2 and 3 months... I go to the market, cook, clean, i even do school run too...He's a contractor and will be travelling back to work next week.. yet he doesn't want me to get help...

Let me ask you, he gave u a car for school runs and and market going right. Buy food stock in bulk. Forget house help young woman.
Don't complicate things for yourself. He is seeing what you are not seeing. Don't forget be submissive e get why. Husband need to check wife excesses not to fall into temptation and destruction
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Tochj(m): 3:30pm On May 10, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
He's a selfish husband. Two househelp no go do me sef because I won't have strength for any other thing aside breastfeeding my baby. He's a selfish and wicked husband
Sorry for your laziness
The Man may have a good reason for that.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Jozilinn: 3:31pm On May 10, 2023
nabdeck:
Madam your husband may be right but you are not seeing things from his angle:
His reasons may be:
1. He may start having canal knowledge of the said house help
2. Some house help are witches and wizards
3. You may also start maltreating the girl thereby putting your husband into jeopardy
4. In the future she may be your co wife
Are all house help girls

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by obinna58(m): 3:31pm On May 10, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
He's a selfish husband. Two househelp no go do me sef because I won't have strength for any other thing aside breastfeeding my baby. He's a selfish and wicked husband

1 Share

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Jashub: 3:31pm On May 10, 2023
randymirrors:

I see that you've been selecting weak women for relationship/dating all your life. That's why you're still flapping wings anyhow, yapping nonsense about how you treat your woman. Surely, you've never been with a woman who will deflate your overbloated ego in one fell swoop. I like dealing with men like you. You will eat your own shit if we cross paths. Nonsense!
Your myopic point of view won't change facts

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by komzy589(m): 3:32pm On May 10, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Fact that is centred around your penis and how careless men should be with their penis is a stupid fact. Obviously your penis and your brain have exchanged position.
The funny thing about you is that you don’t appear dumb enough not to know that it’s a mans world.
I know you’re more loyal and submissive in reality than most of the people you advise online.
Because you do seem intelligent. I know!
I only fear for those who will take you seriously.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Jashub: 3:32pm On May 10, 2023
SLOVFO:

Oga calm down. You really need to work on your mentality...that a man is rich is no license to be "replacing" whatever at the slightest disagreement. Women go a through a lot to keep families. Whatever sacrifice you can afford or do to make it easier for them, make it.
So what do women bring to the table other than demands ?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by frozen70(f): 3:33pm On May 10, 2023
egopersonified:

This is the 21st century. You should be able to tell your wife your fears and concerns about not wanting house helps. If, for example, it's based on lack of trust, she can look for someone to clean and she takes care of the kids herself. There are always other options to every situation. If she dies tomorrow, won't someone else look after the kids?

Her husband is not on nairaland to read all these
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by robosky02(m): 3:33pm On May 10, 2023
Xerona:

The Truth is you need help at this point

But your husband is afraid of something

But if you can agree and get a maid who will work maybe 8am to 6pm and she goes back to her house

The maid doesn't necessarily need to live in your house
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Johnhug66(m): 3:34pm On May 10, 2023
Jashub:
You're dull. It seems you don't understand that a man like her husband has options , and if he's the type earning well over 6 figures, he will replace her faster than you'll possibly imagine . And who in today's Nigeria will want to bear the burden of a single mother of 3 ? Better be wise
U just MUMU anyhow. If she dies, won't he still get the replacement you've been shouting as if ur life depends on it?. If she were to be ur sister, would you have said the same thing? . U this wild animal.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Sanchez01: 3:34pm On May 10, 2023
infohenry:
At what price, the ego will be bruised and he will start to keep his resentments to himself until it got to a breaking point, boom marriage is gone.
This doesn't matter. It is just important, particularly for a man to have someone he honours and listens to. Men naturally know how to calm their wives and even make them rescind their decisions. But you see men? Ego gets in the way a whole lot and the way out for most is to live with it or take it to the one person their husband adores and listens to, depending on how serious the issue is. It's a no brainer, really.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by correctguy101(m): 3:34pm On May 10, 2023
Xerona:

This ancestor will advise you watch yourself and mind the kind of thoughts you let come into your mind. For Jesus said, and I quote: "Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks".

I'm beginning to suspect there's more to this for I personally do not believe refusal to allow a maid in the house is anything to make a wife start feeling tortured and even start regretting her choice of partner. That should be left to you both to handle.

Why not suggest someone who'll come cleanup and leave immediately. It's even cheaper.

I suspect the man is afraid of what he'll do to the maid. Many of us males are that crazy. We might have a very fine woman as a wife, but still be eyeing the maid with big skirt... shocked cheesy

Just talk to the man and get yourselves a washing machine to do your laundry. Your only worry should be his food cos if your husband is like this ancestor, he'll start knacking the woman cooking his food especially if she's a terrific cook... shocked

We're that bad, so help the man avoid temptations in his matrimonial home.. grin grin

Wishing you the best.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Jashub: 3:35pm On May 10, 2023
Johnhug66:

U just MUMU anyhow. If she dies, won't he still get the replacement you've been shouting as if ur life depends on it?. If she were to be ur sister, would you have said the same thing? . U this wild animal.
Simps should move on

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by obinna58(m): 3:35pm On May 10, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
You are the dull and wicked one here that's basically thinking with his penis because all your response since is centred around how a man can be careless with his penis. Abeg shift
Jezebel iyaebe you amaze me with your thinking

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by elmagnifico411(m): 3:36pm On May 10, 2023
Xerona:

instead of you beginning to think u ended up with the wrong man, why don't u ask him if he has other options or give u a solid reason for him not wanting a help in your house.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by lifenajeje(m): 3:37pm On May 10, 2023
Madam parley with ur doctor ..

Pretend to faint and not responsive in his presence ..

Let him rush u to your hospital..
Ur doctor woujd give u two weeks compulsory rest ..

U would be on drips ( water and multivitamins ) but ur husband would thinks it's actual medication ...

Don't worry about breast feeding ur baby at 3 months u can switch if u were doing exclusive ..

None of my 3 kids got breastfed and they are doing well.

Nobody go tell ur husband make e recruit house girl .
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Pootle: 3:38pm On May 10, 2023
this were proper child spacing come in.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by lekan3531(m): 3:40pm On May 10, 2023
Okay ooo.... Let us wait till den

He just does not want to bring out any extra money to pay the help.

The wife has headaches due to stress and you are here yapping about not wanting the home to be destroyed. I bet that hypertension giving her those headaches will soon kpoof her. Let's see if the home will not scatter once she has kpoofed.

She can hire an elderly lady or an older married lady to help out.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by tshtsh: 3:41pm On May 10, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
That's why you need more househelp so as not to overwork any of them, they have their own life to live as well.
Then they should be paid properly and not treated like slaves. Most househelps I've seen in Nigeria are not too different from slaves. I know two women who had a househelp in Nigeria and moved to USA with their househelp after packaging the househelp as a dependent. In both cases the househelp left them within 3 months of arriving in washington and houston. All this stress she's complaining about may be a case of poor planning like have two kids within two years
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by obinna58(m): 3:42pm On May 10, 2023
Xerona:

Your husband knows you’re lazy which is why he’s trying to strengthen you up, in due time you’ll adjust

You have a whole 24hours to take care of kids and the house yet you think it’s stressful and wanting a helper, a work you can do for 4hours and have 20hours to sleep if really serious.
What about mothers that have 4-5 children and yet working and doing every chores

I’m sure it takes you 2hours to sweep ordinary room, please don’t teach your kids laziness

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Odewaleadesoye(m): 3:43pm On May 10, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
undecided
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Olowoeko11: 3:44pm On May 10, 2023
Jashub:
Your emotional stupidity won't change the facts that she will be replaced once she starts misbehaving under her husband's authority.
stop acting like a kid, all your reply are absolute nonsense. So you rather watch your wife suffer just prove what? I myself don’t like maid but in this case it’s necessary for her wellbeing which should be understandable.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 10, 2023
tshtsh:

Then they should be paid properly and not treated like slaves. Most househelps I've seen in Nigeria are not too different from slaves. I know two women who had a househelp in Nigeria and moved to USA with their househelp after packaging the househelp as a dependent. In both cases the househelp left them within 3 months of arriving in washington and houston. All this stress she's complaining about may be a case of poor planning like have two kids within two years
Well, some househelp are treated very well as well. Not a good thing to overwork and underpay them. Never tamper with their life negatively in order to fulfill your own Interests.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Kinehap: 3:45pm On May 10, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

Only you two househelp no go do. Hope you are not the lazy type. Didn't you know a time like this will come.

Which person pikin you want suffer. Can you allow your own to be househelp.

Most househelp has damaged beautiful family because of wives laziness.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 10, 2023
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 10, 2023
Xerona:
I have considered all of the above... the truth is my mom has stroke and it affected her legs she's been taken care of, also I dont hv any family relative that can help ATM

Oh I'm very sorry about that

Well maybe if your mother in law can help is also a good option or if two of you can come up with someone you both can trust .
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Tescentre(m): 3:49pm On May 10, 2023
Foodqueen:
Have you talk to him about non-live -in.

Maybe he doesn't want a stranger with his living with his family while he's away.

Check out for good domestic worker recruiters.

Look for one that will resume work in the morning and close in the evening.

Perfect suggestion.
Good one👍
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help by Zooposki(f): 3:50pm On May 10, 2023
obinna58:

Your husband knows you’re lazy which is why he’s trying to strengthen you up, in due time you’ll adjust

You have a whole 24hours to take care of kids and the house yet you think it’s stressful and wanting a helper, a work you can do for 4hours and have 20hours to sleep if really serious.
What about mothers that have 4-5 children and yet working and doing every chores

I’m sure it takes you 2hours to sweep ordinary room, please don’t teach your kids laziness

I had to scroll up to check your ID and I was right about your ethnic group. You know she works 8-5pm, right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Can My Parents Evict My Troublesome Uncles? / How Will A Lady Know If She Was Circumcised? / Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.