Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? (13449 Views)

Share Some Of The Fun Memories Of Your NYSC Days / Everything You Need To Know About Making Your NYSC Memorable In Niger State / How To Login To Your NYSC Dashboard Portal And Print Your Call Up Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by Adonis69: 8:03am On May 11, 2023
I redrilled the village bole hole donated generator, donated computer equipment and another generator to my school. No government’s reward. My yoruba Corp project inspection and monitoring and the State coordinator came and commissioned them, but insisted that as an igbo man, that I can't be trusted. So, they raised an argument that I started the project before I was given approval. Hence, no reward for me. That's forever memorable.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by ransomed: 8:03am On May 11, 2023
The use of Nigerians as bait for political goons to kill. The vulnerability of girl child to sexual abuse and intimidation by fathers and grandfathers.
The desperation of Nigerian ladies for materials possession .
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by seeker121(m): 8:06am On May 11, 2023
I can't forget Igbo-Imabana Abi LG in Cross River state. The hospitality there still linger in my memory I really enjoyed my service year there.God bless the great pple of Abi LG and Cross River state.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by tonicyril: 8:07am On May 11, 2023
I was forced to knack in-between my sleeping mates grin grin

I can never forget in my entire life grin
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by DeShineShine(m): 8:07am On May 11, 2023
I served in Maiduguri in 1998, no money to travel from Ibadan to Maiduguri but compulsorily I must travel. Had to travel to Lagos to get N1,000 tfare from my then fiancee who's now my wife. I got to camp targeting N1,000 bicycle allowance, collected the money immediately I got there. The cashier didn't know I had collected my money but still called me again for another one but I didn't collect it and told her you had paid me b4. All the NYSC Staff and Soldiers all loved me throughout my stay in camp. I was also a barber and was using the stipend from barbing for corp members, N20, N30 and so on to enjoy suya in camp. Maiduguri was a very interesting town then. Too cold weather for raining season and too hot weather for dry season.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by Vadese1: 8:08am On May 11, 2023
I hardly paid transportation for a any distance journey. Whenever I want travel , I will just stood along the road with my nysc kits and go on with a private free ride. But Nigeria is bad now. No one is trusted any more

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by Gentew(m): 8:09am On May 11, 2023
Risingblue008:
Rubbish programe
If to say I never go for nysc,who hear am go think say na better thing

You can still tear the certificate and permanently delete all the soft copies. I come not in peace but faolense.....

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by easzypeaszy(m): 8:09am On May 11, 2023
Fireboy02:
I want to know where tinubu served
Just rest or die my guy...Who don pass u don pass u

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by arantess: 8:10am On May 11, 2023
G00DHardDick:
Damn!

NYSC should be scrab. It's has overworked it usefulness.
I concur
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by money121(m): 8:11am On May 11, 2023
Ok
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by SimeonOTC(m): 8:11am On May 11, 2023
Dakingari Permanent Orientation Camp, Kebbi State, 2020/2021.
I miss that camp but I dnt like the state.
I latter relocate to Anambra.
My most memorable event?, NYSC CAMP. The people, friends, food, activities, and fun were all great.

One of the best place to serve is the east. even northerners knows thisgrin

I am still appreciating Anambra State Government and Willi Obiano for the financial gift. I still have that money untouched currently seating in my account.

I miss NYSC.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by pendragonbladgo(m): 8:11am On May 11, 2023
SEX

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by Fireboy02: 8:11am On May 11, 2023
easzypeaszy:
Just rest or die my guy...Who don pass u don pass u
We are talking about millions of lives and ppls future here
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by akinade28(f): 8:13am On May 11, 2023
NCCF gave me the best memories

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by pendragonbladgo(m): 8:14am On May 11, 2023
DeShineShine:
I served in Maiduguri in 1998, no money to travel from Ibadan to Maiduguri but compulsorily I must travel. Had to travel to Lagos to get N1,000 tfare from my then fiancee who's now my wife. I got to camp targeting N1,000 bicycle allowance, collected the money immediately I got there. The cashier didn't know I had collected my money but still called me again for another one but I didn't collect it and told her you had paid me b4. All the NYSC Staff and Soldiers all loved me throughout my stay in camp. I was also a barber and was using the stipend from barbing for corp members, N20, N30 and so on to enjoy suya in camp. Maiduguri was a very interesting town then. Too cold weather for raining season and too hot weather for dry season.
Those days before ladies open eyes, which woman go give you money now.
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by Nobody: 8:15am On May 11, 2023
itzzkhaliii:
None

That means you hated it gan

So you didnt enjoy making mischief in camp in your ppa or cds?
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by Ed12(m): 8:15am On May 11, 2023
During covid, when the lockdown was so tight, I took the bold step to travel back to ilorin from Zamfara state.

After travelling some distance in fear and too many enquires about the situation of the road ahead, we were told some Road safety officials are In front..
Our driver decide bypass them by passing some village road..
That was how we began another journey entirely.. we con dey go go go go go..sotey we reach middle of nowhere...

Plain landscape at 360° view..
No house, no trees, no road, no network.
I was like waoh, God save us now..

we roam and roam until we found ourselves in Kebbi state..

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by sulakishop(m): 8:18am On May 11, 2023
Shaking hands with the Governor and the NYSC DG
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 8:18am On May 11, 2023
My first time to enter speed boat travelling as far as 1:45mins to Southern Ijaw water side from Yenaogoa Swalli market....

I could remember one of our female corper crying that she can't follow us .....lols

But where actually did Tinibu serve? Or was Youth service not established then?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by baralatie(m): 8:19am On May 11, 2023
I no fit type am finish
The students,the food,the dances,the night strolls,wild animals,the war,the Fulani soldiers,the marriages,the issue with bats(aboki cirper run because of bat o🤣,.

It is a no dull moment

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by RoyalUc(m): 8:20am On May 11, 2023
Racoon:
Service year was fun @ Agwu NYSC camp.

Awgu camp? Ojukwu bunker boys...
I miss Obollo Afor
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by Kasdat5(m): 8:20am On May 11, 2023
-Causing trouble .
-Being the last to to come to camp.
-Shunting whi h ever queue .
- had a fellow platoon member , his dad was the GOC then , cause plenty trouble for camp commandant .
-Toasted a female soldier
-Stole milk from store meant for corpers that officials wanted corner for their personal use.
- they were glad we were leaving orientation on the final day
The list plenty abeg
Akwa-ibom state . Batch A 2012 .

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by RoyalUc(m): 8:21am On May 11, 2023
xpiranza88:
Enugu was fun......agwu camp
Awgu camp wasn't that fun for me but I enjoyed Obollo
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by Charles545: 8:22am On May 11, 2023
akinade28:
NCCF gave me the best memories
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by olasaad(f): 8:22am On May 11, 2023
pendragonbladgo:

Those days before ladies open eyes, which woman go give you money now.

We still they give ooo

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by Nobody: 8:24am On May 11, 2023
olasaad:

We still they give ooo

When you were in camp did you ever carry man to spoil him In mammy market😏
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by OBA117(m): 8:26am On May 11, 2023
My memorable experience during NYSC was being part of Nigeria Christian Corpers' Fellowship (NCCF).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by olasaad(f): 8:28am On May 11, 2023
Rayban25:

When you were in camp did you ever carry man to spoil him In mami market😏

Lol not that one ooo. I mean in school or real life experience.
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by Rutimy: 8:30am On May 11, 2023
imam07:
Ede camp I Osun state was d best nysc camp during my time

I camped in Ede, my experience during my service year was super sweet. I played volleyball in my platoon, was selected to go for DG's competition. The first year we won and returned from Abj with gold Mendel, the second year we took 3rd position. My PPA was osun state house of Assembly but only go there to collect clearances when it time. Federal government was paying me, state government was paying me and PPA was paying me.

Even the work I am doing now it from my NYSC connection

10 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by shomutuski(m): 8:38am On May 11, 2023
Meeting influential men kids, creating network connections that helped me, Hausa culture and food, learning the language and of course chopping premium dúurìi XD

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by tunaps(m): 8:38am On May 11, 2023
Sneaking out of the camp to drink Palm wine and Fish during Drills. Cross River, it was fun. Hospitality and bush allowance. Love from the Indigenes was massive. Shout out to Ikum Ibil, Ogoja.
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by orlahboi(m): 8:39am On May 11, 2023
NYSC was fun for me, made me friends, discovered new talents. It helped me build courage as an introvert. Free stock fish at times, going to PPA an hour to my class, CDS president. Most importantly, NCCF (rural rugged, zenco meeting, drama) made my service year outstanding.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do I Find My Way To NYSC Orientation Camp In Rivers State? / 1 Bedroom Selfcon,Available For Nysc Corpers And Students at 170k in enugu / Court Voids Nysc's Power To Deny Graduates Mobilisation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.