Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:42 AM

What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? (13740 Views)

Share Some Of The Fun Memories Of Your NYSC Days / Everything You Need To Know About Making Your NYSC Memorable In Niger State / How To Login To Your NYSC Dashboard Portal And Print Your Call Up Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by easzypeaszy(m): 9:49am On May 11, 2023
Antimandatethie:

I pity some dumb nigerians wishing each other dead bcoz of some edioots politicians... Just check how many people died, bcoz of buhari miserable ambition, and then check the nonesense he come and perform... People should learn how to live their own life, not for some incompetent gullible ffoolishh politicians.
so whts Tinubu busiens under NYSC post..its annoying and u guys should go n stop actin childish
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by easzypeaszy(m): 9:50am On May 11, 2023
ogbe88:
U made no sense.
so whts Tinubu busiens under NYSC post..its annoying and u guys should go n stop actin childish
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by Antimandatethie(m): 9:58am On May 11, 2023
easzypeaszy:

Bro just check what i mean am not talking to only tinubu suporters no am talking about the three edioots (Atiku, Obi, Tinubu) cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by ogbe88(m): 10:05am On May 11, 2023
easzypeaszy:
He also made no sense, a better Nigeria/ Good life should be the focus.
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by sammy939(m): 10:17am On May 11, 2023
Always receiving gifts from people around the village including the Fulani . Free pepper 🌶, Yam and other food stuffs . Osara Kogi State

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by Sisib15: 10:45am On May 11, 2023
It was during my NYSC, i started my japa move using my ppa resources. I also used my ppa resources to apply for jobs in which i got two offers from two great companies. NYSC was indeed profitable to me

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by babtoundey(m): 10:52am On May 11, 2023
I camped at Asaya and served in Lokoja. Though Lokoja is a hot city, her people are lovely. I had an elderly Igala friend who was always willing to learn Yoruba and teach me Igala.
I had an Okun friend, egbon is what i called him because he is much older, who always took me around Lokoja on his bike. I also had a police officer friend. Ofisa, as he's called was nice to a fault. He too was Nupe. I had a Nupe neighbor whose son followed me about and the parents bought me milk, sugar and bounvita during fasting. I had another Nupe neighbor, an Alhaji (a lawyer) who would always want me to come and play in his compound. During sallah, he gave me a sumptuous and sizeable meat. One of his sons even asked me to stay back after service. But Lokoja sun no gree me think am..

Then most memorable of all is Oiza, one beautiful Ebira girl who kept my company through out my stay. I still regret i didn't have the chance to bid her goodbye and tell her how i feel towards her.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by fawaz050(m): 10:55am On May 11, 2023
My most memorable memory was reaching out to prisoners.

Listening to them, providing their needs on our corps member's budget.

I learned a lot of lessons about life. All these tribalism, the people in prison don't care o.

They rely on each other for survival.

Another memorable thing was securing a job during service.

I served in Agbor, Delta State. A very lovely town.
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by fawaz050(m): 11:16am On May 11, 2023
Ed12:
During covid, when the lockdown was so tight, I took the bold step to travel back to ilorin from Zamfara state.

After travelling some distance in fear and too many enquires about the situation of the road ahead, we were told some Road safety officials are Infront..
Our driver tried decide bypass them by passing some village road..
That was how where began another journey entirely.. we con dey go go go go go..sotey we reach middle of nowhere...

Plain landscape at 360° view..
No house, no trees, no road, no netwrok.
I was like waoh, God save us now..

Please complete the story, sir.
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by IntelligentGoat: 11:26am On May 11, 2023
grin
Me and my squad was never hungry na we get overall Mama for camp both kitchen Mama. Lol
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by Luu40: 11:27am On May 11, 2023
My stay in Gembu wasone of the most memorable moments of my life. Good people, minimalist lifestyle. Hardworking. Best weather in Nigeria.
Taraba was indeed fun!
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by ajimo54(m): 11:46am On May 11, 2023
Truthsoldier:
As NYSC celebrates 50 solid years of existence, I cannot help but thank God but also I vividly remember the incident of my going to camp with just 1500 naira hunger wanted to finish me and the incident of attack from village hooligans

F**k too much during service year! Corper to Corper, Corper to Student, Corper to Soldier! National Youth Service Kpansh!
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by greypencils: 11:47am On May 11, 2023
Shagging girls in camp...

And outside camp...

Apart from that...

NYSC was just a fucking waste of my time...
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by Vado2: 11:50am On May 11, 2023
My NYSC experience was full of challenges, but the moment that stood out for me was when I was finally assigned to a PPA despite facing many obstacles. The benefits were beyond what I had expected - I received a generous stipend that was six times my corper allowance, and was provided with free accommodation and regular food provisions by my PPA. Despite joining my PPA later than others, I was entrusted with leading over 40 other corpers in the company complex. Although we encountered some setbacks, such as not being able to complete a borehole project for a remote community, the positive experiences during my service far outweighed any negatives. Glory be to God!
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by 777chizzo: 11:54am On May 11, 2023
I served in kebbi state dakingari was something else because of the weather I could remember I bought cold water and before getting to the camp Omo the water turn to boiled hot water and I was wearing a leather shoe and it felt like my legs was on fire I had to pull them off...camp wasn't fun to me because no alcohol it was during the end of camp I later realize those Mami guys do smuggle alcohol in but it was late cuz we had few days before we leave camp....then my ppa was in illo but I stayed the first two weeks In bagudo with a camp girl who made me forget my worries grin before going to my ppa Omo six boys no girls, stayed the first 4months without bleeping then i asked the other guys how them take dey survive they all laughed and said I will get use to it Omo I said hell no the next week I enter town got me a nice fine Aisha who serviced me throughout the remaining service grin but it was fun tho the people were nice to us during market days we got things for free because we normally wear our corper cap and spoke their language but Hausa and dundi their local languages...I still miss there sha
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by HAD3S(m): 11:55am On May 11, 2023
I camped at Iseyin in Oyo state Batch A 2019/2020 and was deployed to Eruwa High School Eruwa in Ibarapa East Local Government area of the state. Service year was mad fun for me. Everyday throughout my one year there was memorable. The guys and the babes at the lodge were just awesome. The family we made there are amazing and till date we still keep in touch with them. Planning to visit them any time soon
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by martinzjay(m): 11:56am On May 11, 2023
Kolokuma / Opokuma Camp was the best 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗 my camp babe was shedding tears at our departure. God Bless Bayelsa State.
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by oseneh: 12:09pm On May 11, 2023
Fireboy02:
I want to know where tinubu served

In an agbado farm
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by Truthsoldier(m): 1:14pm On May 11, 2023
Vado2:
My NYSC experience was full of challenges, but the moment that stood out for me was when I was finally assigned to a PPA despite facing many obstacles. The benefits were beyond what I had expected - I received a generous stipend that was six times my corper allowance, and was provided with free accommodation and regular food provisions by my PPA. Despite joining my PPA later than others, I was entrusted with leading over 40 other corpers in the company complex. Although we encountered some setbacks, such as not being able to complete a borehole project for a remote community, the positive experiences during my service far outweighed any negatives. Glory be to God!
What year please
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by Zonefree(m): 2:00pm On May 11, 2023
So, no one here camped at Isele Uku

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by meedoLock(m): 3:02pm On May 11, 2023
Lol. What a question! My first day at my PPA's lodge around Niger state. I just say make I reach their market see wetin I fit find. As I dey go, na hìn í ṣeé Fulani bōro̧ro with ear-rings in almost female attires, the worse of it is that sword is their own handkerchief,I noticed none of them walk without a long well sharpen sword to accompany them ọmọ I wan jp. grin

Not until one of the natives told me that it's norm and it's for protection and the likes. Say dey are harmless.
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by ellizy(m): 3:36pm On May 11, 2023
cstans:
The first time I trekked from Dandin kowa hausa to 177 battalion barrack omo dem deceive me say e no far
Shittu Alao barracks. That’s where I served too.
Keffi Nasarawa State
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by rapala(m): 5:25pm On May 11, 2023
i will never forget my service year 2002. from orientation camp umudi nkwere local government to owerri in imo state was a lot of fun..... it was Imo state i hanged my fucking boot. imagine i slept with 11 girls and half......thank God for my life now. i will never forget imsu, alvan ikoku college of education, nekede poly, ikenegu girls high school, assumpta secondary school to mention a few... wow beautiful memory!!!! God bless NYSC....... thank God for NCCF.......
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by toygod2: 8:57pm On May 11, 2023
Hey
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by Cti28(m): 9:28pm On May 11, 2023
My memorable moments, was the 3 weeks camp.
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by RIDOO: 9:38pm On May 11, 2023
I couldn't serve with my mates cos l got married @my final yr and that year l was posted to akwa ibom...but God knows even if l'm still single l won't go cos traveling far is never my hobby.

But l was remobilized to lkare Akoko in Ondo state @ the following mobilization.. by then l have to go along with my 5months old baby together with hubby.l can never forget..l settled and l sneak out every evening through out the time l was there.I went to camp as a married woman and l don't sleep in the camp so l don't know how camp life is.

Fast forwarded to a week after l got to camp that was how they released all married women in the camp o due to space... I was so happy that l forgot to collect all the pinshures l snapped in camp before l fled home ...l for see pinshures post for this NYSC 50years challenge ..now l no get single NYSC pinshure
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by Midex88(m): 10:56pm On May 11, 2023
emperorz:
grin my umunna bende people mak una gada here

Oya. Number 1. Year 2011/2012

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by Demigod22: 11:05pm On May 11, 2023
I served in GOKANA, in Rivers State. Ogoni people are wonderful with peculiar cultural behaviors. However, after NYSC, my p*nis never remain the same.

South South girls can knack your destiny out of you. The girls are really fun.
Re: What Is The Most Memorable Event During Your NYSC Days? by ghettochild(m): 11:34pm On May 11, 2023
Ogwu Camp, Enugu state
Batch C, 2010.
Was posted to Nsukka...
That corpers lodge on the way to secretariat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Corps Member In Osun Commmissions Borehole In This Recession Period (see Photos) / Irregular Mobilization: Nysc Vows Resistance To Unqualified Graduates / Bosiet Certification Training In Warri, Port-harcourt, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.