Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules (33454 Views)

Failure Of IREV Does Not Stop Collation Of Results - Supreme Court / INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal / Obi: Failure To Electronically Transmit Results Nullifies Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:48pm On May 11, 2023
ginggerxy:
You're really ignorant of the whole process of the presidential and NASS election. The NASS election results were uploaded in real time but the presidential results were not uploaded in real and INEC came to say they were technical glitch as if the election were not done same time. But here is you in my mention displaying your ignorance of the whole process. The results of the presidential election were not uploaded in real time. They were rigged at the LGA collation centers. We saw the results the video of the mutilated results. You saw them too.
you are obviously very foolish who rigged them?? How does uploading results affect manual collation of results... You obidients are the worst set of supported illogical and highly sentimental... So how come Lagos wasn't rigged then Abuja wasn't rigged to so that LP won't win... Katsina yobe kaduna gombe weren't rigged for APC to win to u see how illogical ur argument sounds... But since it makes u guys happy hold on to it... If u guys want APC defeated tell Obi and kwankwanso to return to PDP otherwise LP NNPP ll only aid APC to win while PDP the only Party capable of beating APC for president ll come second while other Regional parties like NNPP LP ll come behind PDP...
Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by Ofunaofu: 1:55pm On May 11, 2023
Aquila99:

Words of the INEC chairman. Quote any section of d Electoral law that mandates dem to transmit electronically. Untill den, d case is good as dead.

Tinubu should stop parading himself as a President elect because it was the words of the INEC chairman that made him so not the people votes

1 Like

Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by ShootThemAll(m): 1:56pm On May 11, 2023
tinsel:
From the above, we can see that Obi and Atiku have no case in the tribunal. What they are doing is a mere waste of time and probably to continue giving their supporters hope especially the noisy Obidients.

[b]BVAS serves two main purpose ACCREDITATION and UPLOADING of polling unit results from EC8A form to the IReV server which is the PRIMARY source of data in the election processes.

Other results collated or forms from Residential Area Collation Center, Local Government Area Collation Center, State Collation Center then to Abuja Collation Centre ALL emanated from POLLING UNITS (IRev).

TO PREVENT OVER VOTING:
Accreditation using BVAS prevents over voting, by comparing the number of accredited voters with INEC registered number of voter in the polling unit and the number of voters MUST not be more than the number of accredited voters in the BVAS in each polling unit, therefore preventing over voting.

TO PREVENT THE MUTILATION OF FORM EC8A AT COLLATION CENTERS.
Uploading of polling unit results direct to IReV prevents mutilation of results at collation center level. Whatever you have in each polling units that's the same you will have at the RAC, LAC, and State Collation Center and Abuja Collation Center. Its just like a pyramid of numbers, you will definitely get the same total.

So, from your analysis you are TOTALLY wrong!

BVAS and IRev are KEY for a free and fair election process and it's well stated in INEC guidelines which the electoral act has given INEC the powers to draft a guideline for all participating political parties to follow.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by Loonyy(m): 2:05pm On May 11, 2023
chidiokay:

Evolve and reasoning above ethnic line yet a region decided to bless there SON with 95% vote, and you expect us to see it as a democratic reasoning.
IF every region had voted the way East did, who will win

My Dear Friend

Let Ur Region vote for a candidate of their choice no wahala but let the process be transparent devoid of Bais na waytin we dey talk

Nothing concern me who wins or lose
But the process should be Fair Abeg

1 Like

Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by Karnice600: 2:11pm On May 11, 2023
tinsel:
From the above, we can see that Obi and Atiku have no case in the tribunal. What they are doing is a mere waste of time and probably to continue giving their supporters hope especially the noisy Obidients.

So you're proud that your country, after how many years of democracy, can't carry out modern, transparent electoral procedures like other civilized countries, abi?
To intentionally turn off the light of progress and development to your land because you want to rob the people in darkness.
This your witchcraft tie gele o.
Later some excellent fools will come up here to blame the West for for their national miseries.

2 Likes

Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by chidiokay: 2:21pm On May 11, 2023
Loonyy:

My Dear Friend

Let Ur Region vote for a candidate of their choice no wahala but let the process be transparent devoid of Bais na waytin we dey talk

Nothing concern me who wins or lose
But the process should be Fair Abeg

But few hrs ago you were just asking we reason beyond ethnic line ... cheesy

Nothing is Life is fair, from birth till deat nothing is fair, The God that created isrealite is the same God that created Eygptians ...

As far as Nigeria is concern, even if Jesus come nd coordinate Nigeria election it can never be deemed credible, some people we still go to court, since 1979 electional tribunal have never known rest post election
Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by Rodexbulb: 2:23pm On May 11, 2023
The Management of University College Hospital, Ibadan has commenced the denigration and devaluation of the humanity in its members of staff through an act of illegality to unduly milk staff(s) of the hospital. When the Management failed to find avenues to illegally deduct the salaries of its members of staff, it then established a department, Special Duties for the purpose of siphoning the salaries of members of staff as it has been discovered that the creation of the department was illegal and primarily meant to achieve this oblivious act laced with wicked intention. The Management after the establishment of the department mandated the department head to by whatever means be it crooked or hook generate revenue for the hospital while the illegal department is not a revenue generation centre. This order from the Management forced the Special Duties Department to come up with underhand dealings in collaboration with the Accounts department to secretly collate and then forward the collated names of members who do not have their identity cards on to the Accounts department for upward deduction of 5,000.00 monthly for a period of four years contrary to the provision in the constitution. The Management in its draconian method of illegal revenue generation is further pressurising these departments toward achieving the revenue target. But in line with the recent judgment of the Fedral High Court, Abuja against the NBC that the NBC lacks the constitution powe to level fine on any media organization. The Federal government, National Assembly, Civil society groups and the NLC are hereby call upon as a matter of urgency call the Management of UCH, Ibadan to order in this its illegal act of surreptitiously maltreating the hapless members of staff of the hospital by subjecting them to excruciating untold hardship. This action of the management will certainly reduced the purchasing power of staff and further compound their economic woe in the face of present economic and social reality in the country. In addition, there is no law either in the Public Service Rules, UCH established law and the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria that mandate the UCH management to deduct this illegal 5,000 monthly from the salaries of its member for whatever reason. This action is wicked tyranic and dictatorial in nature.
Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by garfield1: 2:29pm On May 11, 2023
DMerciful:
Nobody collated on Nairaland! You think collating IREV is easy? You're talking about Obinoscooy that did random sampling...how do you account for Obi getting over 90% in SE when you pick few samples here and there?

Are you not aware of premiumtimes report on obioakpor? This is just one place. Are you not aware of what our lagos true result is, even corroborated by PDP?

Immediately elections was announced,irev was recounted and only rivers was different.every other thing tallied.I counted my lga result within one day.that of Lagos was raised before the elections ended.why haven't they collated it? Oga,irev shows tinubu won.form ec8a shows tinubu won.case closed. The damage was done in the northwest where tinubu votes swallowed se
Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by DMerciful(m): 3:04pm On May 11, 2023
Lets see how it goes!
garfield1:

Immediately elections was announced,irev was recounted and only rivers was different.every other thing tallied.I counted my lga result within one day.that of Lagos was raised before the elections ended.why haven't they collated it? Oga,irev shows tinubu won.form ec8a shows tinubu won.case closed. The damage was done in the northwest where tinubu votes swallowed se
Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by ginggerxy: 3:13pm On May 11, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
you are obviously very foolish who rigged them?? How does uploading results affect manual collation of results... You obidients are the worst set of supported illogical and highly sentimental... So how come Lagos wasn't rigged then Abuja wasn't rigged to so that LP won't win... Katsina yobe kaduna gombe weren't rigged for APC to win to u see how illogical ur argument sounds... But since it makes u guys happy hold on to it... If u guys want APC defeated tell Obi and kwankwanso to return to PDP otherwise LP NNPP ll only aid APC to win while PDP the only Party capable of beating APC for president ll come second while other Regional parties like NNPP LP ll come behind PDP...
If ignorance was a person. I don't know why I'm wasting my time talking to a dunce .LP is a regional party and won Lagos State? LP is a regional party and won ABJ ? LP is a regional party and PDP situation room is telling you that LP won Lagos with over 900k votes? LP is a regional party and they won in almost all PU close to military installation where APC thugs can't snatch ballot? I don't mean to insult you but the truth is that you lack sound reasoning. Keep deiving your self. You think LP agents didn't take snap shots of all the form EC8A from the PU where APC thugs didn't desrupt before they took them to LGA collation centers where tippes was used to allocate votes to APC by INEC officials?

1 Like

Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by Corea4king(m): 3:13pm On May 11, 2023
Why is APC afraid of electronic transmission of results?
Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by ufotunang: 3:27pm On May 11, 2023
This is the same thing the tribunal court and supreme Court will say to labour party and PDP concerning the presidential election APC won
Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by ufotunang: 3:31pm On May 11, 2023
So INEC just deceived nigerians with transmission of results electronically from the polling units to INEC server when they already known that the electoral law did not make it compulsory and they can decide not to transmit the results electronically but do it manually and collate the results so as to favour a certain party and candidate
Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by danijesus(m): 3:33pm On May 11, 2023
Somebody should calculate the results on the INEC results viewing portal to ascertain the true winner of the election,I just did and it seems like Obi won the election...
Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by orisa37: 3:42pm On May 11, 2023
SUPREME RULE. THANK YOU SUPREME COURT. YOU ARE THE BEST.
Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by danijesus(m): 3:45pm On May 11, 2023
garfield1:

oga you never check what on the irev,stop liying!I have taken time to calculate the results as uploaded and I found out that Obi might have won the election
Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by StainlessCup: 4:26pm On May 11, 2023
MikePaulGh:

Section 149 of the Electoral Act says: Notwithstanding any other provisions of this Act, any defect or error arising from any actions taken by an official of the Commission in relation to any notice, form or document made or given or other things done by the official in pursuance of the provisions of the Constitution or of this Act, or any rules made thereunder remain valid, unless otherwise challenged and declared invalid by a competent court of law or tribunal.

Meaning whatever a competent court (In this case Appeal court and or Supreme court) declares on this issue overrides the the act and becomes the new law.

So if the supreme court says INEC is at liberty to use any means to transmit their results, and the same INEC chose to transmit manually, it doesn't matter what their guidelines say anymore, their decision is final.

You should read Supreme court's previous judgement on INEC's guideline. If INEC releases a guideline, it becomes a law to them and if they did not use it, they've violated their own act. So you know. INEC guidelines for Osun state guber election is quite different from their guideline on the 2023 presidential election.
Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by StainlessCup: 4:30pm On May 11, 2023
garfield1:

Can't you point us to where you documented it and we will believe you and if you are sure Tinubu won via EC8A, then allow court uphold it.
Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:38pm On May 11, 2023
ginggerxy:
If ignorance was a person. I don't know why I'm wasting my time talking to a dunce .LP is a regional party and won Lagos State? LP is a regional party and won ABJ ? LP is a regional party and PDP situation room is telling you that LP won Lagos with over 900k votes? LP is a regional party and they won in almost all PU close to military installation where APC thugs can't snatch ballot? I don't mean to insult you but the truth is that you lack sound reasoning. Keep deiving your self. You think LP agents didn't take snap shots of all the form EC8A from the PU where APC thugs didn't desrupt before they took them to LGA collation centers where tippes was used to allocate votes to APC by INEC officials?
see how foolish you are how come LP was able to win just Abia State in gorvenor elections...?? Anyone who believe the nonsense of LP getting 900k votes in Lagos is a big fool... Am only telling u the notion of rigging by u guys is absolute rubbish if the elections were really rigged LP won't even see 1 million votes... And yes LP is a regional party like NNPP APGA SDP... Only PDP APC can win national elections like president if u don't see it I can't help your ignorance... Let obi continue to run on LP he ll lose til eternity... Am sure u do know current president buhari was in same position getting huge votes from North East and West with his regional party like ANPP and CPC until merger with acn others saw him become president so I guys should continue in ur stupid dreams of obi becoming president from the back door... On d some flimsy grounds that ll be thrown out... Even in 2027 only PDP or APC ll win president know this Kno this other parties are regional Parties at best they win national assembly elections and one or two gorvenor elections...
Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by garfield1: 4:43pm On May 11, 2023
danijesus:
oga you never check what on the irev,stop liying!I have taken time to calculate the results as uploaded and I found out that Obi might have won the election

In which states? Tinubu votes in nw swallowed se
Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by Umunede(m): 4:57pm On May 11, 2023
The supreme court judgement is very clear. Why are people confusing it? Every party agent is suppose to have a copy of polling unit result from the polling units. Add up all the 174k copies of the polling unit you have. You will see who won. This thing were eventually uploaded. The copies you have, is it different from what was eventually uploaded? Can you prove that it was changed? I think you can prove it if you have your own CTC. Police also have a copy. The CTC, does it agree with what INEC declared? Very simple case. The court will deal with evidence. Do labour party and PDP have all their own copies of polling unit results?
The other issues. The court will deal with that one.
Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by manfronthesky: 5:02pm On May 11, 2023
there is no law that requires presiding officers to transmit by BVAS the number of accredited voters or accreditation of the polls [/b]to the database or backend server of INEC as claimed by the appellants.

[b]Accredited Voters is NOT equal to BALLOT RESULT
take note
Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by johnaruson(m): 5:38pm On May 11, 2023
But electronic transmitted results are bound to be used as evidence.
Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by stevups(m): 5:42pm On May 11, 2023
tinsel:
That's the point of course
Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by BahaushenArewa: 8:20pm On May 11, 2023
With this principle of law laid by the Supreme Court, I'm rest assured that Tinibu will win in the Tribunal. Obidients you can keep yelling 😒 🤣 😂
Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by Teymanhenry(f): 8:56pm On May 11, 2023
INEC is bound to be transparent. What is this court saying??
Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by Aquila99: 9:23pm On May 11, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Tinubu should stop parading himself as a President elect because it was the words of the INEC chairman that made him so not the people votes

Okay. Na robots weh carry him go first and den humans carry Obi go 3rd
Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by tolue42(m): 10:22pm On May 11, 2023
seunmsg:

Well, Adeleke would have lost his seat if they’ve ruled otherwise.

When Tinubu and some APC guys congratulated Adeleke's for his victory, a PDP man, I knew Tinubu already won at the tribunal.

That congratulations was a knockout for PDP and Labor but they seems not to reason towards that direction.. I knew what those guys did there!
Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by AfonjaPriest: 10:30pm On May 11, 2023
The judgement is for a particular matter, and therefore cannot be taken to be the general rule.
Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by emekank: 7:42am On May 12, 2023
Stop misleading people. There is a difference between TRANSMISSION OF RESULTS AND TRANSMISSION OF ACCREDITED VOTERS which has to with over-voting. You people should stop peddling lies. Supreme court did not rule on result transmission.
Re: Osun: INEC Not Bound To Electronically Transmit Results - Supreme Court Rules by Jkilo: 8:05am On May 12, 2023
tinsel:
If not because they stole the money meant for your education, you should know that LP isn't basing their allegations in mode of transmission. Oloriburuku

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training / How Is The Light Situation In Your Area / Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Femi Hamzat, Their Wives During APC Rally Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.