Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. (20545 Views)

NYSC DG, Brigadier-General Ahmed Visits His Ex-Landlord In Osun Where He Served / The Food Served At Adamawa NYSC Orientation Camp (Watery Beans) / Maggots In Food Served At Kebbi NYSC Camp: How True Is This Photo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by adexoramo(m): 8:08am On May 11, 2023
Kwara state

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:09am On May 11, 2023
I served in Ebonyi State.
Ikwo Local Government to be precise.

Thank you to the good people of Ebonyi State (Ikwo Local Government) for their hospitality. You're wonderful.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by SweetyZinta(f): 8:09am On May 11, 2023
I served in Abuja from 2018-2019. The experience was OK. I was fortunate to supervise Jamb exams and was INEC adhoc staff for 2019 elections. Also made small money on the side from PPA

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Hotwest: 8:09am On May 11, 2023
FCT...Amac

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Monzze: 8:09am On May 11, 2023
2020 Batch C @Sokoto State
despite coronavirus pandemic I still enjoy it in the best way I can.

I could remember the first day I arrived at the camp @ wammako, I've never been exposed to such cold in my life.
Sokoto's weather is ABNORMAL

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Sundrop4537: 8:09am On May 11, 2023
Like this I dey inside rivers camp, everything don tired me
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by money121(m): 8:10am On May 11, 2023
Adamawa
Camp at benue

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by BleedingPen: 8:10am On May 11, 2023
University of Delta, Agbor
'21 B (1)
First set of Corps member @ the new uni back then

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by tivity101: 8:11am On May 11, 2023
KOGI STATE Dangote cement industries Obajana

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by kunlegboye(m): 8:12am On May 11, 2023
I served in Taraba State,Wukari local Gov ,Cheddiya Secondary school place of primary assignment.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Damick1: 8:12am On May 11, 2023
Domdest National School. Benin city. Edo state
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by commodore007: 8:12am On May 11, 2023
Delta state ( osubi airport warri to be precise)
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Tunjoel(m): 8:13am On May 11, 2023
Gwandu, Kebbi State 2014/2015
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by nesgeeek(m): 8:13am On May 11, 2023
Currently serving in Kaduna State. My PPA is Government secondary school (Senior) manchok, Kaura LGA.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Nobody: 8:13am On May 11, 2023
grin grin grin Happy Birthday To NYSC
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by qtguru(m): 8:14am On May 11, 2023
Enugu I enjoyed it, ate Abasha and Opa everyday with fish. I was living the village life proudly. Them wan dash me wife.

11 Likes

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by baralatie(m): 8:14am On May 11, 2023
Did mine at taraba state at a place called suntai in donga l.ga

I remember the girls started crying when they came to the point of crossing river donga with boat
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Etosha: 8:14am On May 11, 2023
Akakumama, Nembe , Bayelsa... Ate fresh crayfish, periwinkles and fish which locals gave us generously.

5 Likes

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by harrypea(m): 8:15am On May 11, 2023
I served in Oyo state 2012 at
NISER (Nigeria Institute of Socio and Economic Research, Ojoo, Ibadan)
Batch A

That was before the camp site was moved to Isheyin.

To me, NYSC is just a time to attune one's self to the true future and what lies ahead for one

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by jpmoriarti(m): 8:15am On May 11, 2023
Kafanchan, Kaduna State

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by akinade28(f): 8:15am On May 11, 2023
Jos, Plateau State, 2015/2016
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Ultrasur: 8:15am On May 11, 2023
Orogun grammar school, akinyele local government
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by MikePaulGh(m): 8:16am On May 11, 2023
mechanics:
Plateau State, Shendam LGA.

One of the hottest towns in Plateau.

A special state that Plateau is, Shendam, Langtang extremely hot while towns of just about 2 to 3 hours away like Jos, Pankshin are extremely cold.

God is wonderful.

5 Likes

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by BaddestQueen(f): 8:16am On May 11, 2023
Exc2000:
Sake High School Abeokuta Ogun State 2013 batch B
yes oooo
we made it baby β™₯️β™₯️

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by orlahtohbadt(m): 8:17am On May 11, 2023
obembet:
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC)- One year of joy, challenges, tears and VICTORY.

Its a thing of joy and great privilege to serve our fathers land. Several people have stated their own opinion about NYSC, Some said it’s a scam, some said it’s a complete waste of time, and so on, but but to me, I see a things of Joy to serve my father's Land.

I served my dear country in one of the most beautiful state in the Nigeria, (Akwa Ibom) even though I was not happy about the village I was posted for my PPA but the villagers proved to me that Akwa Ibom people are the most wonderful tribe in Nigeria when it comes to taking care of strangers and cooking the best soup

I served in 2015/2016 batch B stream II at Nkot Nseyen, ikono local Government, Akwa Ibom state and my PPA was nkot Nseyen community secondary school. I might know you. I served at Akwa Ibom too in 2015/2015 Batch B stream 2. At Nkwot Ikot Obok Idem, Ikono LGA. We usually have our CDS at Ibiako Ntok Okpo Townhall.

If you are privilege to serve in Nkot Nseyen village, your one year service will be full of fun and you will beg federal government to give you extra year

My experience were mostly exciting with the Akwa Ibom people and their soup, I remember I tasted periwinkle soup for the first time there but I shouted when I was unable to break the periwinkle with my teeth, I later learn how to suck it grin

So my fellow Nairalanders, it's NYSC is 50!!! Please tell the world where and when you served and share your little experience in one sentence

Source: Obembet
I might know you. I served at Akwa Ibom too in 2015/2016 Batch B stream 2. At Nkwot Ikot Obok Idem, Ikono LGA. We usually have our CDS at Ibiako Ntok Okpo Townhall.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by sulakishop(m): 8:17am On May 11, 2023
Jos Plateau, 2005
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Greatex90: 8:18am On May 11, 2023
Simple question you are asked, you turned it a boring sermon
Manigie:
I cryserved in Zamfara State, then there was nothing like banditry and Zamfara was a peaceful state while my allawee was #9800.
Then Nigeria was still a beautiful country since ' most of the demons' were still in hell but now..... looks like devil himself is in Nigeria to supervise wickedness and killings and man's inhumanity to man....

In fact during the match between Ac Milan and Inter Milan last night, the fans held a banner with the inscription " Hell is empty and all the devils are here"...... I thought they were wrong, I had assumed we had all in Nigeria

In fact I pity corpers nowadays..... this is not the Nigeria we knew back then. May God just protect all corpers as they serve and may they all return safely to their families after their service year.
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by crackhouse(m): 8:18am On May 11, 2023
Serve who?
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by remsonik(f): 8:18am On May 11, 2023
I served in calabar, cross river state. It was a wonderful town and I really enjoyed my time there
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by pquaver(m): 8:19am On May 11, 2023
I served my fatherland in Lagos Nigeria... Eko oni baje.. Nwafor was in lagos..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by BannarBannar: 8:19am On May 11, 2023
Kebbi , 2018
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Orire01(m): 8:20am On May 11, 2023
Siluko Grammar School, Siluko, Via Iguobazuwa, Ovia south west, Edo State... 2016

One of my worst and bitter experience cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance / NYSC Announces 2019 Batch B Stream Two Registration Date / Brutalised NYSC Member Flown Abroad For Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.