Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. (20479 Views)

NYSC DG, Brigadier-General Ahmed Visits His Ex-Landlord In Osun Where He Served / The Food Served At Adamawa NYSC Orientation Camp (Watery Beans) / Maggots In Food Served At Kebbi NYSC Camp: How True Is This Photo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by orlahtohbadt(m): 9:01am On May 11, 2023
obembet:

Na tru grin grin grin. We dey collect our state allawe in Cash grin
Yea, it was enjoyable in all. Even though there were challenges like transportation, only bikes were popular. They didn’t have much pepper there and I couldn’t cope with not eating pepper. Then their usual masquerade festival that forces us to be indoors all through.
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by HarsharGoon(m): 9:02am On May 11, 2023
Was so lucky that I had to serve in Lagos Iyana ipaja was our camp and I was posted to NTA in Victoria Island In year 2020

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Kalapizim(m): 9:02am On May 11, 2023
FGGC Minjibir, Kano state wink
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by uuzba(m): 9:05am On May 11, 2023
OLOKOESHIN:

Nice write up
By now you must be very close to 50yrs on earth or 50 self .. Which means this is elderly advice

NSYC is 50 years old. It began in 1973. That means people up to 75 years old (75-50=25), can comment on this thread.
But the kind of insulting animals that run about this NL website will not let them hear word. Once anybody is older than 16 years, they start shouting, insulting and calling the person elder.

Bunch of A**hole juveniles.

5 Likes

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by ddeola: 9:06am On May 11, 2023
Born and bred in Lagos, studied in the South-West. I served in Gombe State Feb. 2006 - Feb. 2007. God be praised! smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Pootle: 9:07am On May 11, 2023
Ekiti state iluomoba lga. PPA iluomoba grammar school (Economics teacher for SS1 to SS3). also worked as an Adoc staff for ekiti governorship election. its was eventful but throughout my one year services the whole iluomoba LGA was without electricity and we heard its been that way for the past 5years before we came, it was strange seeing kids playing with high tension and with no hope of electricity anytime soon.
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Olamideayomide(m): 9:07am On May 11, 2023
I serve in Kwara state as Kw/14c/14..... we camped at Yikpata along jebba road. Well I enjoyed the 3 weeks camping sha, platoon 7 we dey hot like fire then in every competitions.

Was posted to Oke Ero LG for my PPA and i teach Physics and Geography at Imoji Adesi Secondary School Imoji at Ekan Meje.
Well I won't say it was totally boring cos the villagers always show us love, we corpers organise football competitions for ourselves and play a lot of friendly matches with the indigenes.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by sprints1: 9:07am On May 11, 2023
Sokoto state lol rima basin dange shuni. We dey get light pass anything. People knack that year sha. I no follow them do nonsense.
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by money121(m): 9:08am On May 11, 2023
dgee1:
We were in camp together! Remember that WhatsApp group where we arranged buses to camp?
Woow how time flies cool
Longest ty.
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by lilvicky68(m): 9:09am On May 11, 2023
Enugu 2019 batch C.. posted to a community with one of the best palm wine

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by OtuologyProf(m): 9:09am On May 11, 2023
The unthinkable happened when we left mangu camp for our PPA @ air force.
Normally the babe I suppose sample left that same day after POp and after her long leg got her redeployed. She was still teasing me she was around bukuru @ her aunt's for 2weeks, not knowing she was no where near Jos.

For otu's sake, why are nija ladies like this?
Thank pucys for my newly found Panya community.
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Collinsemegreat(m): 9:11am On May 11, 2023
Jigawa State,Dutse 21 C2

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Vikalinda(m): 9:13am On May 11, 2023
Otun
Ekiti state
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Nobody: 9:15am On May 11, 2023
Sundrop4537:
Like this I dey inside rivers camp, everything don tired me

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by asamaigho(m): 9:17am On May 11, 2023
Served at kogi state, Adogo, ajaokuta lga............that was the best one year of my courtesy nccf rural rugged.
I missed foursquare church adogo

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by ezewealth(m): 9:17am On May 11, 2023
SweetyZinta:
I served in Abuja from 2018-2019. The experience was OK. I was fortunate to supervise Jamb exams and was INEC adhoc staff for 2019 elections. Also made small money on the side from PPA
See my nysc mate o, which platoon u dey

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Twoclans(f): 9:17am On May 11, 2023
Kano .
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by babaegun(m): 9:18am On May 11, 2023
Kano. GSS Karaye.

Although it may not have been the most thrilling experience [ I got the true meaning of Now Your Suffering Continues - NYSC grin ) , my dedication to listening to BBC and VOA ultimately paid off, as I was able to secure my current job.

There was always this morbid fear of riots (in Kano town) and actually, many happened during my service year but because the school is outside the town, it was a bit safe. I remember a particularly vivid incident when we heard what sounded like multiple gunshots nearby, which left all of us corpers feeling extremely frightened. We eventually mustered up the courage to inquire about the source of the gunshots, and one of the teachers informed us that it was actually a gun salute in honor of a hunter who was getting married just a few kilometers from the school. Looking back, it's almost humorous to think that we were so scared of a harmless celebration! grin
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by stevnwigw1: 9:19am On May 11, 2023
Elele barracks secondary school, rivers state.
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by yinkabeauty: 9:19am On May 11, 2023
Government Secondary School, Alapa , Asa Local Govt, (near Ilorin), Kwara State.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Johnames: 9:20am On May 11, 2023
Nasarawa state

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by LeeSmart: 9:23am On May 11, 2023
Dem been 1st post me go Yobe state 2017 na so i come redeploy go Abuja, i do my ppa for dss hq.
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by irumanle(m): 9:23am On May 11, 2023
Isele-uku, Delta state. The water there looks like a mixture of oil and water. You need to travel to see things.
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by samx4real(m): 9:24am On May 11, 2023
Serve in Niger State...

I enjoyed my NYSC in Kpaki, Mokwa LGA.
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by yungest(m): 9:25am On May 11, 2023
atheistandproud:
2016 Batch B

Lecturer I
School of Health Technology

Gwadabawa, Sokoto state.
wow, fellow sokopa, served at gwadabawa posted to sch of health but was transferred to local govt....i misss the town TBH, was 18B BTW

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by sageb: 9:25am On May 11, 2023
obembet:
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC)- One year of joy, challenges, tears and VICTORY.

Its a thing of joy and great privilege to serve our fathers land. Several people have stated their own opinion about NYSC, Some said it’s a scam, some said it’s a complete waste of time, and so on, but but to me, I see a things of Joy to serve my father's Land.

I served my dear country in one of the most beautiful state in the Nigeria, (Akwa Ibom) even though I was not happy about the village I was posted for my PPA but the villagers proved to me that Akwa Ibom people are the most wonderful tribe in Nigeria when it comes to taking care of strangers and cooking the best soup

I served in 2015/2016 batch B stream II at Nkot Nseyen, ikono local Government, Akwa Ibom state and my PPA was nkot Nseyen community secondary school.

If you are privilege to serve in Nkot Nseyen village, your one year service will be full of fun and you will beg federal government to give you extra year

My experience were mostly exciting with the Akwa Ibom people and their soup, I remember I tasted periwinkle soup for the first time there but I shouted when I was unable to break the periwinkle with my teeth, I later learn how to suck it grin

So my fellow Nairalanders, it's NYSC is 50!!! Please tell the world where and when you served and share your little experience in one sentence

Source: Obembet

Oyo state
A memorable experience
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Majesty33(m): 9:27am On May 11, 2023
I served in Yauri kebbi state and we camped at Dankingari camp.
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Emma09(m): 9:28am On May 11, 2023
2008. Served in Lagos State. CBN precisely. As we dey enter na I'm dem tell us say dem no dey retain o. Had a nice time there. Worked at OFID (Other Financial institutions Department). I no get time for one useless service for village to go dey nack small small girls. I runs my service for Lagos to make money which I did.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Majesty33(m): 9:28am On May 11, 2023
lilvicky68:
Enugu 2019 batch C.. posted to a community with one of the best palm wine
pamlwine drunkard grin
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Willie2015: 9:28am On May 11, 2023
Posted to Kano...
Redeploy back to Lagos
Served in a Finance outfit in Ikeja
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by HausaIgboYoruba: 9:29am On May 11, 2023
Mai Idrees Alooma Polytechnic, Geidam, Yobe State

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

My NYSC Experience In Rivers State / NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance / NYSC Orientation Camp In Ekiti Was Attacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.