Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. - NYSC (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. (20547 Views)

NYSC DG, Brigadier-General Ahmed Visits His Ex-Landlord In Osun Where He Served / The Food Served At Adamawa NYSC Orientation Camp (Watery Beans) / Maggots In Food Served At Kebbi NYSC Camp: How True Is This Photo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Cyphar(m): 7:55pm On Jul 09, 2023
Monzze:

It's a good memory bro. na Tambuwal LGA Dem drop me. what about you?

Na binji local government oooooo....... 2018
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Monzze: 11:21pm On Jul 09, 2023
Cyphar:

Na binji local government oooooo....... 2018
Alright then. Have a nice time bro
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Woodshot: 9:34am On Jul 14, 2023
nesgeeek:
Currently serving in Kaduna State. My PPA is Government secondary school (Senior) manchok, Kaura LGA.

I might have seen you around Sha
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by nesgeeek(m): 5:59pm On Jul 14, 2023
Woodshot:

I might have seen you around Sha
really?
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Woodshot: 6:17pm On Jul 14, 2023
nesgeeek:
really?

Sure...FSS and manchok community is agog with celebration from her graduating students...if there's no rain and weather favours, tonight my rendezvous would Tibishi guest Inn
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by nesgeeek(m): 7:27am On Jul 15, 2023
Woodshot:

Sure...FSS and manchok community is agog with celebration from her graduating students...if there's no rain and weather favours, tonight my rendezvous would Tibishi guest Inn
I saw the graduating students matching to the main town with sounds of music. I leave in Raka and The sound of from FSS was very loud and alarming. I hope u really enjoy yourself? Freshest graduate congratulations...
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by kingGeorge96(m): 12:32pm On Jul 15, 2023
wow good old days. i served in Adamawa( Yola ) precisely. omo i club back to back for that town, them babes head dy game. hit me up if your a chic still in yola.
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by nicedayontop: 12:40am On Jul 16, 2023
Had Orientation camp at nsit atai and posted to etinan for PPA but left and then reposted to UNDP,Uyo. My service year experience is a memory of joy,fun and unlimited enjoyment. I learned to speak ibibio within 6 months as l visited all the local govt areas with my bosses at UNDP. They are wonderful people. With all the irresistable Ekaete,Idifreke ,abasi,Iniobong,Emem , there was no dull moment. I was given a good accomodation at 150 Oron road, a very lively street in uyo. Akwa lbom has beautiful towns like eket, lkot ekpene, uyo, etc. I hope to go on a visit there very soon.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by yomi531(m): 10:02am On Jul 16, 2023
Batch C 2010/11. Abuja. Enl Consortium Quarry Mpape
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by irumanle(m): 2:23pm On Jul 25, 2023
emmanuelpopson:

which year was that?? mine was 2015/2016
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Dozis: 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2023
arabralph:
Served in Yobe,Postikum,Fika Government Secondary school (Fika GSS). Had a swell time there. Initiated Adult Education Class at one of the Catholic Church,where I was revered like a demi-god by my Adult Students who were mostly of Igbo,Yoruba and middle belt extraction.
The kind of reception they gave me after each tutorial at Waje Inn,was heroic. It's really nostalgic until Goodluck and Buhari Presidential election wahala in 2011.
I can imagine the number of women you slept with.
Fear God, Fela fear God ooo
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by emmaodet: 9:56pm On Jul 30, 2023
Dozis:

I can imagine the number of women you slept with.
Fear God, Fela fear God ooo

grin grin
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by yarimo(m): 1:00am On Aug 02, 2023
stasius:
Rijau Kebbi state
Rijau is a local government under Niger state, not kebbi state
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Essquare(m): 6:37am On Aug 02, 2023
Breaking!!!

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by PacNwa: 10:12am On Aug 31, 2023
dmgr:
I served in Abuja
Batch A 2022/2023
PPA: Standards Organisation Of Nigeria
Please how can I get a good PPA in Abuja
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Brightfab(m): 4:50pm On Jan 01
doghorp:
Government Secondary School Egbolom, Abua/Odual LGA Rivers State.

The community now have an oil field know as Egbolom field

Greetings bro, how this place and the community? I was recently posted here, still undecided to report and don’t know what to expect.
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by doghorp(m): 7:14pm On Jan 01
It is a good place they welcome stranger
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Benjamin4388(m): 7:45pm On Apr 15
dammie4j:
My service year I would say is one of my best years till date. Obbubra Camp, Calabar, Batch A, 2012. Got posted to Ikom one of the lovely country sides, but my love and high spirit of Calabar got me to get a re-posting back to the city capital. Got unprecedented favours all throughout my stay, perhaps due to the kindness of my parent to corpers and generally young people. As a matter of fact, my experience in service built my confidence to survive anywhere outside my comfort zone, my live skills and my ability to adapt to diversity.

On my first touchdown in Calabar, quite naive and with lots of expectations. I got a contact with a christ embassy lady (kindhearted) who linked a senior corper for temporal accommodation. Off the cab, the driver tried to take advantage and charge extra for a location really close, (2) elderly adults who never knew each other volunteered to walk me to my destination safely. I was very confident about my soundness, physique and flows as a full bred Lagos boy so headed straight to CBN to try my luck with getting an offer, mindful that I wasn't originally posted to the city and NYSC officials then frowned against such. Just on my way, the first person I met was an ex-schoolmate whom I assisted with bed space in camp. He had connections so got a referral to the HR at Cross River State Tourism Bureau (one of the best places to work in CRS at the time). He encouraged I try my luck in confidence, to cut the story, I was preferred over him after a long spell of screening, Stepping out I decided to check up the uni and got picked up by the faculty officer of Biz Admin who liked my disposition amidst even original corpers posted there. Naso she carry me bipass protocols and I got a second offer in the uni same day. Meanwhile, other original calabar corpers still roaming (grace differs).

In camp I recalled joining an assessment with Interswitch SmartGov only for 2:1 and 1:0 grads. Later got called for interviews and aced another offer within 2 or 3 days of my arrival. I just didn't bother about CBN. Beta confusion hold me. As I enter state sec naso those officials vex for my offers due to multiple rejection from other corps after lobbying for reposting oooo. Naso he nack me CRS local gov service commission. I vex collect rejection still returned to my top choice CRSTB.

I had so excess fun and hardly got broke due to my friendship with top naval officials. Eventually moved into the naval officers quarters behind bays bar (Lounge) with the privilege of scaling the fence to get to the club (you don't get such easily). Worked my CDS to tourism CDS and became a top exco influencing support from my organization. Got my first pair of suits as we were required to reflect status and finesse of the organisation. Made massive money from the Calabar Carnival with my partner while it was highly funded. Commissioned a notable project that earned me state coordinator's award, chop small project funds with my partner despite the impact grin, got retained but refused due to KPMG's test invitation and career growth and finally japa to Lag cool Lest I forget, the have the best food and nice and welcoming ladies and people generally. I also almost got bleeped up sometime by one Calabar cab guy coming from Pinnacle club then due to plenty shayo, but thanks for the intervention of the gallant NA and my swiftness in identifying myself (I really missed that ID).

I am really so excited about that year but never returned till date. Still hopeful. God bless all the beautiful people I met. Was a whole experience.

You go show me love o
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by 1liquidice(m): 3:35am On Apr 17
Hello everyone, Should I call myself a Yobe X Corp guy, because I camped in Yobe, was redeployed to Benue (first it was Oju LGA) then later relocated to Makurdi, Achusa area where I served, but na Nakka road command I Dey stay o

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Excel332: 1:08pm On Apr 18
1liquidice:
Hello everyone, Should I call myself a Yobe X Corp guy, because I camped in Yobe, was redeployed to Benue (first it was Oju LGA) then later relocated to Makurdi, Achusa area where I served, but na Nakka road command I Dey stay o

I served in Oju also

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Excel332: 2:35pm On Apr 22
*Attention Corps Members!*πŸŽ‰

Are you a Corps member serving the nation with passion and dedication? We understand the financial challenges you may face during your NYSC year. That's why *Helppo* is here to support you every step of the way!

*Introducing Helppo's NYSC Loan Program:*
βœ… Flexible Options
βœ… Low Interest Rates
βœ… Fast & Convenient
βœ… Customized Repayment Plans
βœ… Dedicated Support

*How to Apply:*
Ready to ease your financial burden during your service year? Applying is simple! Visit our website or WhatsApp +2348157711750 to start your application today.

Don't let financial constraints hold you back from making the most of your NYSC experience. Let Helppo be your partner in success!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

NYSC Announces 2019 Batch B Stream Two Registration Date / Brutalised NYSC Member Flown Abroad For Treatment / Please Help!!! NYSC Biometric Data Capture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.