Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,089 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? (17963 Views)

Man ‘Slaps’ N500 Notes On A Woman At An Event (Video) / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? / How To Know The Age Of A Woman On Her Traditional Wedding Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Mom007(f): 1:23pm On May 12, 2023
Foolish and godless generation. The more you fight against the will and mandate of God concerning marriage, the more diminished you become and the more you struggle yet you will not use your tongue to count your teeth. Just like esau you sell your headship and birthright as a husband and provider for a days meal and then you suffer for the rest of your marriage. You don't need to tell a good woman to support her husband in financial matters but for a man to stretch his hands and be counting on the income of the woman is morally and spiritually wrong. It hinders you spiritually but you children will not hear. Where is it written in the bible that a woman will be an equal partner or even earn income for the husband to share? Even Muslims do not propagate this kind of thinking but you see my "Christian' brethren that don't seem to know their left from their right these days and don't know that this world is first of All a spiritual place, its their mouth you will continually hear this rubbish. Marry a good woman, and her presence alone in your life will attract blessings but no, you will marry slay queen with big features and then be asking her what she will bring to your shaky legged table! Most of you are bad anyway, and you don't even carry the grace to attract a good woman so carry your crosses. After defiling countless number of sisters you complain that there are no more good ladies out there... Marry them like that! As you lay your beds, lie in them.

3 Likes

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 12, 2023
Persephone1:
The consistency with which you all sit and come up with write ups and topics that centers on women all the time should be studied in uni. Sadly you don't maintain this energy in researching how to make your lives and country better.
Tsk tsk tsk

Feminists ...🙄👍
.., that's the word, i think, you seek
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by RPG2020(m): 1:35pm On May 12, 2023
Exmilitant:
But a real niggar should foot all marriage expenses alone if he is to claim the title of head of the house. cool

There is nothing like head of the house it's 50/50 for me real niggar kill you there grin

1 Like

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by henrixx(m): 1:41pm On May 12, 2023
Exmilitant:
But a real niggar should foot all marriage expenses alone if he is to claim the title of head of the house. cool
smh...you don't have to take 100% responsibility in a union to prove you are the head of the house.

2 Likes

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by frozen70(f): 1:41pm On May 12, 2023
Sirchiboy:
If a man comes to marry you now, how much are you willing to use and support him? Or you think it is the responsibility of a man alone to foot all the wedding bills?
Do you have one kobo to support him with or you're looking for who to borrow money from people just to impress you, your friends and your family members? You better calm down oh. Time dey go! Most men are no longer interested in ỌRỊAKU now. They want someone whose mindset is on multiplying the money the money they met before and after marriage. Except there are unseen forces fighting you or him. If not, you should be a blessing to each other and not office or money spender.

Women have been supporting their husband's during the marriage plans

As for me, i will first listen to his plans after meeting my family

If he has any financial support to my family side, I will find out how much he is bringing and if I can afford to handle my family cooking, I will ask him to leave that for me, while he arrange for drinks and water

At least I want to be sure that he has my side in his plans

But if he doesn't have any plans for my side, I will know that him no send me, i will not ask him but I will start planning till the marriage comes and go
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by FreedomArmy: 1:42pm On May 12, 2023
Antipob777:
If you don't have upto 50million credit balance, don't near me.

I dont flow with broke guys. Shishi I wont put in my marriage. Its the man's duty to fund everything.
I hope when he is pounding you with vex you go fit endure am

2 Likes

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Flawless18: 1:45pm On May 12, 2023
Antipob777:
If you don't have upto 50million credit balance, don't near me.

I dont flow with broke guys. Shishi I wont put in my marriage. Its the man's duty to fund everything.
who wants to marry a bad luck like you?🤷 An unproductive fruitless glutton. So you want a man 50million to marry “askura” like you do that he can go back to zero. High value men marry independent hardworking women who appreciate whatever a man does for them😂😂😂

2 Likes

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by isabi2lof: 2:05pm On May 12, 2023
We no go do pass ourselves
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by davillian(m): 2:06pm On May 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Did those jobless ones put a gun to any man's head forcing him to date them or die? Abeg, stop blaming the girls and cast down the irresponsible nutjobs who keep dating said girls only to come back to whine about it! These men have options out there these days too... they can opt for a gay lifestyle or pick up a transexual mate of which there are a sizable number available these days. These options come equipped with a male brain to boot which means they might get alone better. https://www.nairaland.com/7610978/25-unbelievable-gender-reassignments-transformations#121739767
I'm 100% sure you a woman.
To me I put those kind of girls in their place.
Even if I'm nice to them as a friend I don't cross the line and I don't allow them cross their lines.....
I know how they hunt me like bounties but Bleep it im not available for Broke ass bitchess take your fat ass outta here....

1 Like

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Shokoloko(f): 2:09pm On May 12, 2023
Sirchiboy:
If a man comes to marry you now, how much are you willing to use and support him? Or you think it is the responsibility of a man alone to foot all the wedding bills?
Do you have one kobo to support him with or you're looking for who to borrow money from people just to impress you, your friends and your family members? You better calm down oh. Time dey go! Most men are no longer interested in ỌRỊAKU now. They want someone whose mindset is on multiplying the money the money they met before and after marriage. Except there are unseen forces fighting you or him. If not, you should be a blessing to each other and not office or money spender.
I wanted a very small traditional wedding -10 people from both families. He wanted a big traditional wedding, so I let him pay for the big traditional wedding.
I wanted a small white wedding of 80 people, he wanted a big white wedding as he had a large network. I contributed 50% of the budget for 80 people, he contributed 50% too and then paid alone for the wedding arrangements for the 200 extra people he invited.
I did this because I knew that AFTER the wedding 80% of expenses would be his. The true cost of marriage starts after the wedding. I didn't pay rent, or repair or fuel any of the cars, or pay school fees, I didn't pay for the helps or driver. I think all I contributed for while in Nigeria was part of the feeding and clothes and home decor.

3 Likes

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by CartelKenneth: 2:10pm On May 12, 2023
Marry a broke a f jobless bitch at ur own peril

1 Like

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by nellyzkid(m): 2:17pm On May 12, 2023
Exmilitant:

Learn to shut up when sensible matters arise.

2 Likes

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by bukatyne(f): 2:21pm On May 12, 2023
Persephone1:
The consistency with which you all sit and come up with write ups and topics that centers on women all the time should be studied in uni. Sadly you don't maintain this energy in researching how to make your lives and country better.
Tsk tsk tsk

cheesy cheesy grin grin

Right from the Garden of Eden, men cannot do without women.

They recognise this so rather than sprout 'independent man', I don't need a woman nonsense women sprout, they seek to control the engagement and interaction especially those who still have stony, unregenerated hearts.

Till the world comes to an end, they will keep writing cheesy
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by bukatyne(f): 2:25pm On May 12, 2023
Persephone1:
Culture differs and may influence opinions. Where I'm from, the bride's family shoulders the major responsibility when it comes to the wedding ceremony. The bride's parent carries most, and the couple supports them. Due to the economic situation, both the groom, the bride, and the bride's parents share the bills while the groom's parents support them.

Most brides consider what happens after the wedding so they hardly ever allow a man to go too extra. Yeah. You will see the color, the glamour, the flamboyant owambe but believe me behind it all is combine deliberations and calculations from both couple and parents. Nobody wants their daughter to end up soaking gaarri after wedding. It is very rare for wedding to be fully sponsored by the groom, that's a slap on Yoruba parents .

@ Bold:

An average Yoruba family rather go destitute than let the groom foot most of the bills cheesy

However, I think that's why marriages are the way they are in Yorubaland:

That a large number of the men have no shame allowing the wife handle most of the financial responsibility at home without doing anything about it (not talking of a husband earning lower than the wife; I am talking of the husband not working hard enough to take care of his family financially or not making efforts to get another job etc.) and still be useless domestically.

And also their ability to suspend fatherhood and pick it up when it suits them (after the mother has struggled to bring up the kids alone).

Thankfully, they are doing better now apart from Lagos husbands who have modernised the ills of their ancestors.

1 Like

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by sageb: 2:28pm On May 12, 2023
Shokoloko:

I wanted a very small traditional wedding -10 people from both families. He wanted a big traditional wedding, so I let him pay for the big traditional wedding.
I wanted a small white wedding of 80 people, he wanted a big white wedding as he had a large network. I contributed 50% of the budget for 80 people, he contributed 50% too and then paid alone for the wedding arrangements for the 200 extra people he invited.

Wife material 5000 yards
When you come to PH, please holla.

1 Like

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by CarlosTheJackal: 2:34pm On May 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. What is juju is intentionally dating someone who doesn't believe in contributing only to whine and complain about it later on as though a gun was put to your head in the first place. undecided

2. The man who chose her for his bride agreed to it so why have a problem with her when you aren't the one she is marrying? undecided
You always talk like a toddler left by the road side

3 Likes

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Ivanspring(f): 2:36pm On May 12, 2023
Mom007:
Foolish and godless generation. The more you fight against the will and mandate of God concerning marriage, the more diminished you become and the more you struggle yet you will not use your tongue to count your teeth. Just like esau you sell your headship and birthright as a husband and provider for a days meal and then you suffer for the rest of your marriage. You don't need to tell a good woman to support her husband in financial matters but for a man to stretch his hands and be counting on the income of the woman is morally and spiritually wrong. It hinders you spiritually but you children will not hear. Where is it written in the bible that a woman will be an equal partner or even earn income for the husband to share? Even Muslims do not propagate this kind of thinking but you see my "Christian' brethren that don't seem to know their left from their right these days and don't know that this world is first of All a spiritual place, its their mouth you will continually hear this rubbish. Marry a good woman, and her presence alone in your life will attract blessings but no, you will marry slay queen with big features and then be asking her what she will bring to your shaky legged table! Most of you are bad anyway, and you don't even carry the grace to attract a good woman so carry your crosses. After defiling countless number of sisters you complain that there are no more good ladies out there... Marry them like that! As you lay your beds, lie in them.

I wish "they" would all read this.

EXCEPT YOUR CULTURE STATES OTHERWISE, if you love yourself as a man, save money (no do pass yourself), marry according to your means and preserve your headship and authority both spiritually and physically.

Whether you like or not, whether you believe it or not, the spiritual ALWAYS controls the physical.

Be wise.

2 Likes

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by CarlosTheJackal: 2:36pm On May 12, 2023
Mom007:
You strayed out of the topic like an hyena on heat

2 Likes

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by CarlosTheJackal: 2:38pm On May 12, 2023
Ivanspring:

I wish "they" would all read this.

EXCEPT YOUR CULTURE STATES OTHERWISE, if you love yourself as a man, save money (no do pass yourself), marry according to your means and preserve your headship and authority both spiritually and physically.

Whether you like or not, whether you believe it or not, the spiritual ALWAYS controls the physical.

Be wise.
Marriage is a team work, every hands must be on deck from both spouses to make it work.

Stop hiding under culture cos of stinginess
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Oracleee: 2:40pm On May 12, 2023
Sonnobax15:
angry
I've been having this particular conversation with my current banny over some time now...

If you haven't come to terms on it, she's not worth marrying.
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by komzy589(m): 2:41pm On May 12, 2023
CuriousStudent:
then they should remain single. The very thought of marrying Nigerian men that look like Godzilla is hard luck. So you should pay. Except I am cripple or physically disadvantaged I will not pay a dime for a wedding to a Nigerian man.
Men that suggest this are broke and should be avoided
You don’t get it. When it comes to this particular issue, almost all men reason alike. Nobody wants a liability anymore.

If you’re not adding anything, you’re as good as being absent.

Even a man that has heaven and earth will not put you in his house because you are of the opposite gender.
Nowadays, the rich marry the rich,
The poor marry the poor,
The industrious marry the industrious and
‘The lazy’ marry ‘the lazy’.

1 Like

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by konvicted77: 2:54pm On May 12, 2023
See wetin poverty dey do adult like u.

Sirchiboy:
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 12, 2023
bukatyne:

@ Bold:

An average Yoruba family rather go destitute than let the groom foot most of the bills cheesy

However, I think that's why marriages are the way they are in Yorubaland:

That a large number of the men have no shame allowing the wife to handle most of the financial responsibility at home without doing anything about it (not talking of a husband earning lower than the wife; I am talking of the husband not working hard enough to take care of his family financially or not making efforts to get another job etc.) and still be useless domestically.

And also their ability to suspend fatherhood and pick it up when it suits them (after the mother has struggled to bring up the kids alone).

Thankfully, they are doing better now apart from Lagos husbands who have modernized the ills of their ancestors.
I have never seen it happen! These people take pride in handling ceremonies and sending daughters to their husbands with bountiful gifts and joy. It's a nice culture as it gives women liberty and a sense of relevance. I like the fact that families do not neglect their daughters after marriage. I think I prefer to be actively involved in running my family and have a say than to be taken care of all the time and shut out of important decisions, meetings, and matters.

You are right about having high numbers of deadbeat fathers though.
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Mom007(f): 3:01pm On May 12, 2023
CarlosTheJackal:
You strayed out of the topic like an hyena on heat

A jackal like you would be very intimate and familiar with the body workings of a hyena since you are both wild animals but sorry, I cannot relate. If you cannot see the connection between the topic and my answer, then clearly there is no point in pursuing conversation with you any further.
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by princeisrael01(m): 3:03pm On May 12, 2023
Relationship and marriage was designed to favour the women.. 89% of wedding in Nigeria are sponsored only by the husband.

Women are just placeholders with deceit kinda.

1 Like

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 12, 2023
Mom007:

Trash. Next please

2 Likes

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by GoodCane: 3:05pm On May 12, 2023
CuriousStudent:
then they should remain single. The very thought of marrying Nigerian men that look like Godzilla is hard luck. So you should pay. Except I am cripple or physically disadvantaged I will not pay a dime for a wedding to a Nigerian man.
Men that suggest this are broke and should be avoided

Madam remain single for life. Nobody is forcing you to get married. Besides no man wants a parasite and a liability like you in his life

4 Likes

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by bukatyne(f): 3:11pm On May 12, 2023
Persephone1:
I have never seen it happen! These people take pride in handling ceremonies and sending daughters to their husbands with bountiful gifts and joy. It's a nice culture as it gives women liberty and a sense of relevance. I like the fact that families do not neglect their daughters after marriage. I think I prefer to be actively involved in running my family and have a say than to be taken care of all the time and shut out of important decisions, meetings, and matters.

You are right about having high numbers of deadbeat fathers though.

Someone once opined that is the reason why more Igbo women are inclined towards feminism.

All the things feminism supposedly gives, a Yoruba woman has it. She can (must) work, she is not educationally discriminated against, she has autonomy over her funds, she inherits from her family, she has a say in the family, single motherhood is not particularly discriminated against and to a large extent is in charge of herself. All these is at a cost though: there is no 'oriaku' system so she generally must be willing to hold the forte financially and domestically.

As a result, it is difficult for an average Yoruba woman to rest in her feminine. She always has to be in charge and control everything. 🙄

You know that most fathers return the bride price because they are not selling their daughters cheesy

3 Likes

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Ashley86400: 3:11pm On May 12, 2023
The tone of the OP’s post sounds condescending and a bit chauvinistic.

Nairaland today has successfully turned into a women hating forum.
Almost every post either talks lowly or generates hate speeches either directly or indirectly about women.

Rich men don’t bother complain about women. Only broke men do.

3 Likes

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Shokoloko(f): 3:12pm On May 12, 2023
sageb:

Wife material 5000 yards
When you come to PH, please holla.
I'm a grandma, but thanks. I did that because he was about to start married life meaning 80% of the expenses would be on him. So helping out was a reprieve. The real expenses start AFTER the wedding

1 Like

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by GoodCane: 3:12pm On May 12, 2023
CarlosTheJackal:
You always talk like a toddler left by the road side

That guy you just quoted is a Fool. I noticed he asked stupid questions alot all in the bid for people to think he is smart. The guy is an attention seeker and should be avoided. Ignore the mumu guy, na craze dey worry am

1 Like

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by golddust6000(m): 3:18pm On May 12, 2023
Most ladies that are ready for marriage don’t have shishi, they want guys that has 5million in account but they themselves have nothing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do You Need A Dj/liveband For Your Event / I Celebrated My Birthday With The Orphanages / We make your Event stress free @ Affordable Rate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.