Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? (18000 Views)

Man ‘Slaps’ N500 Notes On A Woman At An Event (Video) / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? / How To Know The Age Of A Woman On Her Traditional Wedding Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by GoodCane: 3:18pm On May 12, 2023
[s]
Mom007:
Foolish and godless generation. The more you fight against the will and mandate of God concerning marriage, the more diminished you become and the more you struggle yet you will not use your tongue to count your teeth. Just like esau you sell your headship and birthright as a husband and provider for a days meal and then you suffer for the rest of your marriage. You don't need to tell a good woman to support her husband in financial matters but for a man to stretch his hands and be counting on the income of the woman is morally and spiritually wrong. It hinders you spiritually but you children will not hear. Where is it written in the bible that a woman will be an equal partner or even earn income for the husband to share? Even Muslims do not propagate this kind of thinking but you see my "Christian' brethren that don't seem to know their left from their right these days and don't know that this world is first of All a spiritual place, its their mouth you will continually hear this rubbish. Marry a good woman, and her presence alone in your life will attract blessings but no, you will marry slay queen with big features and then be asking her what she will bring to your shaky legged table! Most of you are bad anyway, and you don't even carry the grace to attract a good woman so carry your crosses. After defiling countless number of sisters you complain that there are no more good ladies out there... Marry them like that! As you lay your beds, lie in them.
[/s]

Noticed how you avoided the question the op asked and started writing long stupid episodes like a hyena on her heat period?

2 Likes

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by CarlosTheJackal: 3:18pm On May 12, 2023
Mom007:

A jackal like you would be very intimate and familiar with the body workings of a hyena since you are both wild animals but sorry, I cannot relate. If you cannot see the connection between the topic and my answer, then clearly there is no point in pursuing conversation with you any further.
I pity the husband that kept you at home for you are worst than a Billy
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 12, 2023
bukatyne:

Someone once opined that is the reason why more Igbo women are inclined towards feminism.

All the things feminism supposedly gives, a Yoruba woman has it. She can (must) work, she is not educationally discriminated against, she has autonomy over her funds, she inherits from her family, she has a say in the family, single motherhood is not particularly discriminated against and to a large extent is in charge of herself. All these is at a cost though: there is no 'oriaku' system so she generally must be willing to hold the forte financially and domestically.

As a result, it is difficult for an average Yoruba woman to rest in her feminine. She always has to be in charge and control everything. 🙄

You know that most fathers return the bride price because they are not selling their daughters cheesy
Someone once called me a feminist on this forum and I laughed 😄 😂😂 what do I need to drag superiority for when I have never felt inferior in my life grin Some things I read on this forum make me wonder if I'm in a different world than I realize most commenters are Igbos or people of other tribes, especially the very active ones. The Nigerian girls are lazy and the materialistic chorus is always strange to me. Guys complaining of women being liabilities lol and I wonder if they aren't the same guys women struggle with offline.

She can though, if she meets a sensible guy grin grin or marry one of these igbo guys complaining of billings. Lol

Yes oooo, but mom told Alaga iduro not to return her daughter's dowry. So it was given to dad and was later given back to sis grin grin but papa collect am first and it wasn't returned grin grin
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 12, 2023
Sweetvie:
Wow
Which state?
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Shokoloko(f): 3:35pm On May 12, 2023
CarlosTheJackal:
You always talk like a toddler left by the road side
If you calm down and read what he is stating, it makes a lot of sense. What he is saying is "choose well. Don't go picking a girl who wants to be kept and complain that she is not contributing".
There are girls that require every single expense to be paid for by the man- they do not hide their desire. Some girls will do 50/50 and some will pay the man to marry them.
Carefully choose according to what you want. If you don't want to contribute at all, go for the older, independent ladies - she may not submit. If you want 50/50 go for a woman who wants a partner - she may not submit. If you contribute all - she will likely submit because you are paying for her submission.
Calm down and understand his point. Why Kobojunkie's posts look strange to most Nigerians is because Kobojunkie has not lived in Nigeria for a long time. Thinks like those people in diaspora.

2 Likes

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Sweetvie: 3:36pm On May 12, 2023
Persephone1:
Culture differs and may influence opinions. Where I'm from, [/b]the bride's family shoulders the major responsibility when it comes to the wedding ceremony[b]. The bride's parent carries most, and the couple supports them. Due to the economic situation, both the groom, the bride, and the bride's parents share the bills while the groom's parents support them.

Most brides consider what happens after the wedding so they hardly ever allow a man to go too extra. Yeah. You will see the color, the glamour, the flamboyant owambe but believe me behind it all is combine deliberations and calculations from both couple and parents. Nobody wants their daughter to end up soaking gaarri after wedding. It is very rare for wedding to be fully sponsored by the groom, that's a slap on Yoruba parents .
Seriously?
I don't know this abt Yoruba people.
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Sweetvie: 3:37pm On May 12, 2023
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 12, 2023
Sweetvie:
Seriously?
I don't know this abt Yoruba people.
Are you not Yoruba? I used to think you are. lipsrsealed

Yes, it's bride family that carries the wedding ceremony. Others come as support.
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Xylon: 3:55pm On May 12, 2023
lalalista:
YOU OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF. SHAME ON YOU. STINGY ASS HUSBAND. YOUR WIFE IS NOT A HAPPY WOMAN DEEP DOWN
Your talk just show sey you no get sense!!! grin grin
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Albertone(m): 3:58pm On May 12, 2023
Persephone1:
The consistency with which you all sit and come up with write ups and topics that centers on women all the time should be studied in uni. Sadly you don't maintain this energy in researching how to make your lives and country better.
Tsk tsk tsk

I don't think that should in any way bother you. You keep saying this all the time while neglecting the question being asked.
That was how you dodged the question of what women have to offer with your gaslighting.

I'm not bothered btw.

1 Like

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 3:59pm On May 12, 2023
Exmilitant:
But a real niggar should foot all marriage expenses alone if he is to claim the title of head of the house. cool

A kid spotted

1 Like

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Mom007(f): 4:00pm On May 12, 2023
CarlosTheJackal:
I pity the husband that kept you at home for you are worst than a Billy
Pity yourself and your generation that cannot man up but are looking for women to bankroll weddings for you. Silly children.
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 12, 2023
Albertone:

I don't think that should in any way bother you. You keep saying this all the time while neglecting the question being asked.
That was how you dodged the question of what women have to offer with your gaslighting.

I'm not bothered btw.
Yawn...

You are not bothered but you made sure to give a mention grin grin

Albertone be kiaful angry
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Sweetvie: 4:01pm On May 12, 2023
Persephone1:
Are you not Yoruba? I used to think you are. lipsrsealed

Yes, it's bride family that carries the wedding ceremony. Others come as support.
I am🤧 but I don't know anything about Yoruba apart from Àsà ìkíni 🤦
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 12, 2023
Sweetvie:
I am🤧 but I don't know anything about Yoruba apart from Àsà ìkíni 🤦
Incredible shocked

May I ask how/ why if I'm not being intrusive.

1 Like

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Albertone(m): 4:07pm On May 12, 2023
Persephone1:
Yawn...

You are not bothered but you made sure to give a mention grin grin

Albertone be kiaful angry

I'm not bothered at all. I only responded on behalf of Nairaland men.

I scrolled down and saw your already given response. God saved you. grin
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by hardam003: 4:15pm On May 12, 2023
For me and to the best of my knowledge, the bride's family are the ones in charge when it comes to marriage planning/financing. Supports can then come from other quarters like the groom. But as a result of the high poverty level around, a whole lot of things have changed thereby creating that wrong impression that some people have nowadays of it being a major responsibility of the groom.
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:24pm On May 12, 2023
Nothing.

1 Like

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Silentgroper(m): 4:52pm On May 12, 2023
Persephone1:
The consistency with which you all sit and come up with write ups and topics that centers on women all the time should be studied in uni. Sadly you don't maintain this energy in researching how to make your lives and country better.
Tsk tsk tsk

answer the gaddem question or stfu.. it's that easy...
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by ProtonX: 4:55pm On May 12, 2023
Surprised is an understatement cheesy
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by nony43(m): 4:58pm On May 12, 2023
CuriousStudent:
then they should remain single. The very thought of marrying Nigerian men that look like Godzilla is hard luck. So you should pay. Except I am cripple or physically disadvantaged I will not pay a dime for a wedding to a Nigerian man.
Men that suggest this are broke and should be avoided

You never ready to marry.
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Kobojunkie: 4:58pm On May 12, 2023
davillian:
I'm 100% sure you a woman. To me I put those kind of girls in their place. Even if I'm nice to them as a friend I don't cross the line and I don't allow them cross their lines..... I know how they hunt me like bounties but Bleep it im not available for Broke ass bitchess take your fat ass outta here....
Story, story! You seem to be high on your own fumes! undecided
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Kobojunkie: 4:59pm On May 12, 2023
CarlosTheJackal:
■ You always talk like a toddler left by the road side
I see you are one of the imbe_ciles I pointed out. undecided
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Silentgroper(m): 5:00pm On May 12, 2023
Persephone1:
A pastor diversify into different topics and aspects of life. From preaching on marriage to spiritual growth, business, relationship talks, prosperity, and kingdom evangelism to prayer, crusades, revival, and health shows. In churches, there are varieties of Sundays, old-school Sundays, traditional wear Sundays, Jersey Sundays, etc. Why do you think pastors do this? To avoid repetition, to encourage fellowship.

This is the romance section but not the women's section where women are discussed and gossiped

about every breathing second. Shouldn't it bother any deep person why only a single gender is motivated to talk about the other gender every time? 🤷

gossiped ??

it's a public forum FFS!!

😒😒😒
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by ProphetM0hammad: 5:06pm On May 12, 2023
Persephone1:
A pastor diversify into different topics and aspects of life. From preaching on marriage to spiritual growth, business, relationship talks, prosperity, and kingdom evangelism to prayer, crusades, revival, and health shows. In churches, there are varieties of Sundays, old-school Sundays, traditional wear Sundays, Jersey Sundays, etc. Why do you think pastors do this? To avoid repetition, to encourage fellowship.

This is the romance section but not the women's section where women are discussed and gossiped about every breathing second. Shouldn't it bother any deep person why only a single gender is motivated to talk about the other gender every time? 🤷

Since when has Nigerian women developed the boldness to talk about romance in a forum?

You want a women to come here and tell us how they got pregnant outside and pinned it on their husband's

Or put up a topic on the best brand of dildos and vibrators to buy

Or better still share a sexcapade with two brothers

1 Like

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Sweetvie: 5:06pm On May 12, 2023
Persephone1:
Incredible shocked

May I ask how/ why if I'm not being intrusive.
Lol... Why?
I don't stay around much
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Freemasonry: 5:31pm On May 12, 2023
This culture of women praying for a husband, and then describing the kind of elaborate wedding they want without wanting to contribute to it is horrible.

If your husband is loaded and willing to throw a lavish event, fine and good, but you have absolutely no right to impose, unless you are willing to defray part of the expenses.

It's unfair to pile pressure on a man simply because he came to answer the prayer you've been saying for ages.

Sadly, most of the women who make this crazy demands are either from very humble backgrounds.
Moreover, they would never allow their own brother indulge in such wastefulness; but they would have no qualms letting someone else's son pay through the nose for their dream wedding.

Sometimes, while the man has liquidated himself and ran into debt, you'll be shocked to know that wifey has a couple of millions sitting pretty in her bank account.

To her, that's her insurance. Just in case.

A wedding is just one day, but marriage is for a lifetime, and that's what the focus should be on.
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by davillian(m): 5:34pm On May 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Story, story! You seem to be high on your own fumes! undecided
Lmao women are the least of my problem
I get them when ever I want them.
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Silentgroper(m): 5:37pm On May 12, 2023
Mom007:

A jackal like you would be very intimate and familiar with the body workings of a hyena since you are both wild animals but sorry, I cannot relate. If you cannot see the connection between the topic and my answer,
lthen clearly there is no point in pursuing conversation with you any further.

crap0l

to be candid madam, your initial write-up is full of crap

no offense
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Kobojunkie: 5:39pm On May 12, 2023
Shokoloko:
■ Why Kobojunkie's posts look strange to most Nigerians is because Kobojunkie has not lived in Nigeria for a long time. Thinks like those people in diaspora.
Far from it, I actually grew up in the same Nigeria with these ninnies who are incapable of engaging their own brains to save their own lives. So, I know them well. It is wisdom that is the last thing on their minds . undecided

1 Like

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Kobojunkie: 5:40pm On May 12, 2023
davillian:
Lmao women are the least of my problem I get them when ever I want them.
Storyland! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Celebrated My Birthday With The Orphanages / We make your Event stress free @ Affordable Rate. / Check Dis Out,let Us Handle Your Reception.. Contemporary Gospel Juju

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.