Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? (17977 Views)

Man ‘Slaps’ N500 Notes On A Woman At An Event (Video) / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? / How To Know The Age Of A Woman On Her Traditional Wedding Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by KarinaSlim(f): 5:58pm On May 12, 2023
Who says anything about staging a wedding?

I don't even like weddings.

If at all I will do wedding, guests will not be more than 5.
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Father4all: 6:15pm On May 12, 2023
Exmilitant:
But a real niggar should foot all marriage expenses alone if he is to claim the title of head of the house. cool
mu.mu
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Fearyourcreator: 6:18pm On May 12, 2023
Tradepunter2:

Useless talk... I am married for over 6 years now with 2 beautiful kids..... My wife refused to let the stress of wedding gulp me.. she shared in the expenses willingly and happily..... Her joy is to ensure her husband is healthy and happy to head, lead and protect the family..... Stop making excuses for some lazy and self centered women..... Marriage is not a competition neither is it a thing of pride..... This is why I am forever grateful to God and continue to excel in life..... If you like go do pass yourself when you die tomorrow, she go find another man......
Person wey no dey do legit most times talks like that... Just leave the guy
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Emdebby2: 7:52pm On May 12, 2023
When the time comes we will plan it.
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by CarlosTheJackal: 7:54pm On May 12, 2023
Mom007:

Pity yourself and your generation that cannot man up but are looking for women to bankroll weddings for you. Silly children.
You are a big idiot.

You have caged your husband.
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Mom007(f): 8:11pm On May 12, 2023
CarlosTheJackal:
You are a big idiot.

You have caged your husband.

Lol. First sign of the intellectually lazy on this our forum... When they know they have been caught out and literally have no point, they result to insulting their betters. Run along small boy, I don't have your time. Those that have ears have picked a thing or two from my comments. The rest of you can keep chasing shadows.

2 Likes

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Nefort: 8:19pm On May 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. What is juju is intentionally dating someone who doesn't believe in contributing only to whine and complain about it later on as though a gun was put to your head in the first place. undecided

2. The man who chose her for his bride agreed to it so why have a problem with her when you aren't the one she is marrying? undecided
Sometimes events are unpredictable. I can be okay with dating and wanting to marry a lady who wouldn't want to contribute anything for our wedding. But when the girl calls off a wedding because I budgeted ₦2 million for it then it is a kind of behaviour that I may not predict early until it happens. So blaming me for "knowing" it will happen doesn't apply here.

1 Like

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Kobojunkie: 8:34pm On May 12, 2023
Nefort:
■ Sometimes events are unpredictable. I can be okay with dating and wanting to marry a lady who wouldn't want to contribute anything for our wedding.
■ But when the girl calls off a wedding because I budgeted ₦2 million for it then it is a kind of behaviour that I may not predict early until it happens. So blaming me for "knowing" it will happen doesn't apply here.
1. That is the dumbest excuse possible in this case. We are talking about a big-time life decision here not some happenstance. undecided

2. Marriage is an agreement between a man and a woman. If you both can't even agree on how much should be budgeted for the wedding, then you have absolutely no business getting married in the first place. Start taking responsibility for the decisions you make in your own lives and stop shifting blame cause it makes you lot seem as though imbe_ciles abeg! undecided

2 Likes

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Nefort: 8:58pm On May 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. That is the dumbest excuse possible in this case. We are talking about a big-time life decision here not some happenstance. undecided

2. Marriage is an agreement between a man and a woman. If you both can't even agree on how much should be budgeted for the wedding, then you have absolutely no business getting married in the first place. Start taking responsibility for the decisions you make in your own lives and stop shifting blame cause it makes you lot seem as though imbe_ciles abeg! undecided
I am sorry I don't think you are making sense or maybe I am failing to see the sense you trying to make. You are actually sounding like it's possible to predict how your partner will react in all kinds of situations you both will encounter in future. You and your partner may agree on certain common issues before marriage but some other kinds of issues can't be predicted and agreed on until it happens, and when it happens any of the partners may be at fault.
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Kobojunkie: 9:08pm On May 12, 2023
Nefort:
■ I am sorry I don't think you are making sense or maybe I am failing to see the sense you trying to make. You are actually sounding like it's possible to predict how your partner will react in all kinds of situations you both will encounter in future.
■ You and your partner may agree on certain common issues before marriage but some other kinds of issues can't be predicted and agreed on until it happens, and when it happens any of the partners may be at fault.
1. But you are the one not making sense at all. If you enter into a relationship with a girl on the grounds that what you are looking for in a mate is someone who is willing to share the bills as partners in the relationship — and the girl agrees to such a relationship. Do you not see that it is almost guaranteed that even when it comes to paying the wedding cost and you make it known that you both have to share that too, she will likely agree to it too? Of course, if she says no, that is fine too, then you leave and find you another who will share all bills including the wedding cost. undecided

2. You are not making any sense! Again, if you and your partner cannot agree to the cost of the wedding, then it should automagically mean that the wedding should not take place at all, why? Because Marriage is an agreement between a man and a woman. And until you both agree, no one partner should shove his decisions at the other just for the heck of it. undecided
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Nefort: 9:31pm On May 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. But you are the one not making sense at all. If you enter into a relationship with a girl on the grounds that what you are looking for in a mate is someone who is willing to share the bills as partners in the relationship — and the girl agrees to such a relationship. Do you not see that it is almost guaranteed that even when it comes to paying the wedding cost and you make it known that you both have to share that too, she will likely agree to it too? Of course, if she says no, that is fine too, then you leave and find you another who will share all bills including the wedding cost. undecided

2. You are not making any sense! Again, if you and your partner cannot agree to the cost of the wedding, then it should automagically mean that the wedding should not take place at all, why? Because Marriage is an agreement between a man and a woman. And until you both agree, no one partner should shove his decisions at the other just for the heck of it. undecided
I think you are failing to figure out how you got it wrong so let's go back to how this started.

A poster somewhere above mentioned that a lady called off a wedding engagement because her partner decided he will spend ₦2 million for the wedding. Then you made a comment and said something like the lady shouldn't be blamed because the man made the choice himself and nobody forced the lady on him. I found that comment you made ridiculous because I felt an issue like that can't always be discussed and agreed on at the very early stages. During engagement all that matters is that we hope to get married. Then at the last minute when the wedding plans kick in I inform her that I intend to spend ₦2 million on the wedding. And then she calls off the wedding at that last minute because I intend to spend ₦ 2 million. The poster blamed the lady for being greedy and over ambitious for calling off a wedding in that manner and I think he was right about it. But you came up and said the lady shouldn't be blamed because the man should have KNOWN from the beginning it will go that way. So I am calling you out for making that statement because it's not always possible to predict such outcomes. So what is it am I getting wrong about your comment on the matter?
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Kobojunkie: 10:02pm On May 12, 2023
Nefort:
■ I think you are failing to figure out how you got it wrong so let's go back to how this started. A poster somewhere above mentioned that a lady called off a wedding engagement because her partner decided he will spend ₦2 million for the wedding. Then you made a comment and said something like the lady shouldn't be blamed because the man made the choice himself and nobody forced the lady on him. I found that comment you made ridiculous because I felt an issue like that can't always be discussed and agreed on at the very early stages. During engagement all that matters is that we hope to get married. Then at the last minute when the wedding plans kick in I inform her that I intend to spend ₦2 million on the wedding. And then she calls off the wedding at that last minute because I intend to spend ₦ 2 million. The poster blamed the lady for being greedy and over ambitious for calling off a wedding in that manner and I think he was right about it. But you came up and said the lady shouldn't be blamed because the man should have KNOWN from the beginning it will go that way. So I am calling you out for making that statement because it's not always possible to predict such outcomes. So what is it am I getting wrong about your comment on the matter?
First thing first, do you understand what an agreement is and why it is the basis of a relationship and decisions? undecided

If one party states he wants to spend N 2 million but the other party says N 2 Million is not enough, are they in agreement? In such a situation, should anything, even if a wedding party, go forward, if the 2 are not on the same page as far as how much the budget for the production should be? undecided

You keep talking about having to predict something here but you don't need to even consider that since you should never have to predict when you are instead meant to negotiate with your partner and come to an agreement before you both move forward together. Otherwise, you are alone in the relationship by yourself. undecided
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by MadarasBlade(m): 11:13pm On May 12, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:
Nothing.

You're a broke ass before na. Nothing to see
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 6:39am On May 13, 2023
MadarasBlade:

You're a broke ass before na. Nothing to see

Lol. Thank you. Meanwhile, use this to console yourself.

1 Like

Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Shokoloko(f): 7:07am On May 13, 2023
Nefort:

I think you are failing to figure out how you got it wrong so let's go back to how this started.

A poster somewhere above mentioned that a lady called off a wedding engagement because her partner decided he will spend ₦2 million for the wedding. Then you made a comment and said something like the lady shouldn't be blamed because the man made the choice himself and nobody forced the lady on him. I found that comment you made ridiculous because I felt an issue like that can't always be discussed and agreed on at the very early stages. During engagement all that matters is that we hope to get married. Then at the last minute when the wedding plans kick in I inform her that I intend to spend ₦2 million on the wedding. And then she calls off the wedding at that last minute because I intend to spend ₦ 2 million. The poster blamed the lady for being greedy and over ambitious for calling off a wedding in that manner and I think he was right about it. But you came up and said the lady shouldn't be blamed because the man should have KNOWN from the beginning it will go that way. So I am calling you out for making that statement because it's not always possible to predict such outcomes. So what is it am I getting wrong about your comment on the matter?
I wonder what people do during courtship. Is courtship not the time to study your spouse? I find it unbelievable that the man in question says he was surprised his lady called off the wedding engagement.
There is absolutely no way that character did not show up during courtship.
Before I got married I studied my spouse; I have always dreamed of a small wedding but I knew his character - he would have postponed the wedding if he could not have a large one and probably would have spent the next one year trying to get me to agree to a large wedding. No one needed to tell me, I knew. I can tell how my spouse will typically react to every given situation.
I do not agree that man did not know the type of girl he was in a relationship with.
I am sure from day one, that girl has made certain demands that should have made the man think.
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Bishop95(m): 11:32am On May 13, 2023
Exmilitant:
But a real niggar should foot all marriage expenses alone if he is to claim the title of head of the house. cool
What if after the wedding and things don't go the way it should be, the man should kill himself because he's a real nigga. Somepeople just get fish brain 🧠
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Bishop95(m): 11:35am On May 13, 2023
CuriousStudent:
then they should remain single. The very thought of marrying Nigerian men that look like Godzilla is hard luck. So you should pay. Except I am cripple or physically disadvantaged I will not pay a dime for a wedding to a Nigerian man.
Men that suggest this are broke and should be avoided
If you can't contribute a Kobo to your wedding, that means you must be a liability to the man.. you should be avoided ASAP..
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by mrdipye(m): 2:17pm On May 13, 2023
Exmilitant:
Where's it written?
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by sharone21(f): 3:02pm On May 13, 2023
This is where intermarriage is a very dicey issue and it is good for open minded person's only.

A Western guy looking to marry a girl from SS or SE whose mum is a widow and expecting them to carry some of the expenses will be in for a SHOCK. It's better if the guy has some money even if on average level also, both should do something small. If u are NOT ready to marry as a guy from SS SE they don't enter into it. However, guys from West who are in their 20s knowing there is awoof from wife's family, in terms of helping with wedding cost will rush into it with usually his age mate Western wife to be ( who will eventually do 50:50 with him ..lol.... They started this and the situation in the country necessitated others to look into this)even if he will end up starting his family in his parent's house.

Same thing when they need to name their kids, some married from another tribe but so closed minded such that they don't want their kids to bear their other spouse's tribe's names... Too bad.
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by Sirchiboy: 10:14am On May 15, 2023
Lol
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by FREDCLSSICO7(m): 9:46am On May 16, 2023
lalalista:
YOU OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF. SHAME ON YOU. STINGY ASS HUSBAND. YOUR WIFE IS NOT A HAPPY WOMAN DEEP DOWN
you're very shameless
y'all think you're doing the man a favor by marrying him
your comment reeks of selfishness and lazyness
so its a crime for the wife to support the husband to be in the marriage arrangements
na una type yahoo boys dey use money cajole then use una do soap
Re: As A Woman How Much Are You Willing To Contribute To Your Wedding? by BlackyOne: 8:50pm On May 27, 2023
Sonnobax15:
angry
I've been having this particular conversation with my current banny over some time now...

It's very frustrating, I don't blame guys who are headstrong.
Most of these girls are liabilities, they only know how to spend, they can't get a job, they can't start and grow a business, the can't monetize skills, they can't even manage resources...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do You Need A Dj/liveband For Your Event / We make your Event stress free @ Affordable Rate. / I Celebrated My Birthday With The Orphanages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.