Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

How Do I Save My Marriage - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Save My Marriage (25541 Views)

Please Help Save My Marriage / How Do I Save For The Future So As Not To Learn The Hard Way? / Should I Save My Marriage Or Let Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Save My Marriage by Georgejeez: 6:49pm On May 16, 2023
grin grin just prepare to start new family from scratch , those ones don leave you behind ..

For wife to give you those reasons , e clear say she don get better options ,,, e go shock you when you investigate and discover wetin Lekki and VI boys when God go soon purnish (In Gordon's voice) de carry your wife do since .
Re: How Do I Save My Marriage by okoroemeka(m): 6:51pm On May 16, 2023
promisedwealth:
Good morning Great people and wonderful family, please just like the saying a problem shared it's a problem half solved.

I have been married to my wife for over 6years now we have been through all together we have two kids 4 and a year old .

my business since late 2021 has been rough I lost some money trying out a different business I'm based in the eastern part of the country.

Early last year my mother in law told my wife to come stay with her in Lagos till I can find my self again, they left imo to Lagos on feb. 2022 I have been I contact with them ever since sending money across also it happen that my wife started bringing the idea of myself joining over there in Lagos ( my in law has a little school in Lagos that has been where my wife has been teaching since she left) .

Concerning the relocation I told her it's not easy as I have to look for money to get accommodation, shop to start a business also the money will be much which I can't afford for now during someday last year I told her to come back during one of our discussion she told me she it's not coming to east again I got angry.

I noticed the mother will never allow her leave her school so I kept mute about coming back since I was neither ready yet do we kept on going no issues.

Just this april she changed, hardly pick my call,stop calling me by the pet name she does.

I tried to find out what happened, she told me she wanted a break. I was confused I tried to guess why she came up with that. she needs to seek and know if it's the will of God for our union that's after two kids .

I was lost also I have tried to restore this woman sanity since then till now I have spoken to the mother she it's not saying anything than what ever she decides it's best for her the only once telling me not to worry at the brothers but I'm worried honestly .

I don't want my kids to grow in different homes.

I also tried to make her see this same reason she told me the kids will be fine she's not looking at anything making her decision please I need advise it's my wife under a spell or what.

I don't want to raise ny kids this way please advice please....
I think the best thing to do is to plan for a week short holiday and go and visit your wife and kids,just be cutely and cuddles,pet her,call her pet names,make mind blowing love to her and you might be surprised what may happen,but sincerely you are at a disadvantage because of poor finance and I am afraid It seems your in-laws are better off,you guys can work something out,you can visit then and next turn she will visit you,the absence of your wife and kids is a good opportunity to double and redouble your hustle,it is well
Re: How Do I Save My Marriage by Jennifer89(f): 6:52pm On May 16, 2023
Poster go and make money go and hustle. Na money dey make love sweet.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Save My Marriage by Adexgentle005(m): 7:04pm On May 16, 2023
Chummynoni:
in as much as I am not the arguing type of person, but I will like to pray for you not to experience LIFE brother. I have seen someone very comfortable gone from riches to 0. If problem comes, numerous source of income won’t solve anything. Make God just de help us
Bro I’m talking from experience. I also know of a family that have multiple source of income, that really helped them to get back on their feet when things went sour for them.
Re: How Do I Save My Marriage by TFeminist(f): 7:19pm On May 16, 2023
okoroemeka:
I think the best thing to do is to plan for a week short holiday and go and visit your wife and kids,just be cutely and cuddles,pet her,call her pet names,make mind blowing love to her and you might be surprised what may happen,but sincerely you are at a disadvantage because of poor finance and I am afraid It seems your in-laws are better off,you guys can work something out,you can visit then and next turn she will visit you,the absence of your wife and kids is a good opportunity to double and redouble your hustle,it is well
poster, I supput this, but don't see urself as disadvantaged. Misfortune can happen to anyone and I like thatg u send them upkeep when u get something. Keep praying dear. God would perfect all that concerns u
Re: How Do I Save My Marriage by holuhseun(m): 7:37pm On May 16, 2023
Pray and let God give you wisdom on hiw to handle it.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Save My Marriage by DissTroy(m): 7:45pm On May 16, 2023
Except your financial situation picks up, your woman would have contempt for you when you financial power reduces.

If you are self-made, before deciding to marry, for only for the woman who was with you during the forging process. No, not just with you but aided your growth.

Too many men settle for less, offering comfort and commitment on a platter of gold to women who'd obviously not do same when the roles are switched.

Even if you have the financial power, some months pretend there's a downturn in business then take note of her attitudinal change. Most of you buy expensive gifts for women who buy you just singlets and have never taken you out on dates.
Women spend on what and who they care for.

Commitment is a weapon like women have weaponised sex - use it. Give and withdraw as rewards and punishment. Giving her too much easily is something men always regret. Always.

----

And OP, if she's behaving the way she is - she's being goaded by her mother to leave you. Heck! She's already sleeping with other men while hoping she irritates you enough to leave her so she can play the victim's card of the abandoned wife who had to pick herself up.

Leave her still. She's opened her legs for another man.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Save My Marriage by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 16, 2023
promisedwealth:
Good morning Great people and wonderful family, please just like the saying a problem shared it's a problem half solved.

I have been married to my wife for over 6years now we have been through all together we have two kids 4 and a year old .

my business since late 2021 has been rough I lost some money trying out a different business I'm based in the eastern part of the country.

Early last year my mother in law told my wife to come stay with her in Lagos till I can find my self again, they left imo to Lagos on feb. 2022 I have been I contact with them ever since sending money across also it happen that my wife started bringing the idea of myself joining over there in Lagos ( my in law has a little school in Lagos that has been where my wife has been teaching since she left) .

Concerning the relocation I told her it's not easy as I have to look for money to get accommodation, shop to start a business also the money will be much which I can't afford for now during someday last year I told her to come back during one of our discussion she told me she it's not coming to east again I got angry.

I noticed the mother will never allow her leave her school so I kept mute about coming back since I was neither ready yet do we kept on going no issues.

Just this april she changed, hardly pick my call,stop calling me by the pet name she does.

I tried to find out what happened, she told me she wanted a break. I was confused I tried to guess why she came up with that. she needs to seek and know if it's the will of God for our union that's after two kids .

I was lost also I have tried to restore this woman sanity since then till now I have spoken to the mother she it's not saying anything than what ever she decides it's best for her the only once telling me not to worry at the brothers but I'm worried honestly .

I also tried to make her see this same reason she told me the kids will be fine she's not looking at anything making her decision please I need advise it's my wife under a spell or what.

I don't want to raise ny kids this way please advise please....
When kids are involved it changes everything.

Clearly you still love her as it bothers you her behaviour is different but you cannot force love.

Marriage vows is for richer for poorer so business being tough is not enough reason for her to up and leave to teach in her family school except you have consent then.

Have an honest conversation then make a decision from the outcome.

I wish you positivity and all the luck in the world plus hope you still have your family as everyone deserves love and companionship.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Save My Marriage by ledaman: 8:18pm On May 16, 2023
Baronthecelebri:
I think you're very stupid, your wife left you, and you want her back, you're very stupid.
He needs advise not insult. Modafoker
Re: How Do I Save My Marriage by Saintinoo(m): 8:48pm On May 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Umunna settles disputes indeed, however, the divorce/marriage abandonment rate amongst those who were hitched following your traditional ways is just as high as the rate for those who simply registered their marriage in the court without dragging ummuna along with them, so what exactly is the benefit for the extra load when the changes are same no matter which way you take? undecided

2. So no privacy in marriage between man and wife, it has to be broadcast for the world to review and decide on their behalf? undecided

3. Kindred indeed! So kindred will also be in bed with man and wife to decide all they do and think? What is the point of maturity when kindred will still come in to make decisions for one? undecided

Like I said bro, it is either you are still young or you are from a tribe where cultural values are not respected.
Re: How Do I Save My Marriage by Saintinoo(m): 8:50pm On May 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Umunna settles disputes indeed, however, the divorce/marriage abandonment rate amongst those who were hitched following your traditional ways is just as high as the rate for those who simply registered their marriage in the court without dragging ummuna along with them, so what exactly is the benefit for the extra load when the changes are same no matter which way you take? undecided

2. So no privacy in marriage between man and wife, it has to be broadcast for the world to review and decide on their behalf? undecided

3. Kindred indeed! So kindred will also be in bed with man and wife to decide all they do and think? What is the point of maturity when kindred will still come in to make decisions for one? undecided

Do you know the worst form of immaturity and lack of privacy? It is going to marriages councillor or pastors to settle marriage disputes, because those people are total strangers.
Re: How Do I Save My Marriage by Gerrard59(m): 8:50pm On May 16, 2023
franchasofficia:
The greatest battle for a man in life is the battle for financial freedom.

Once a man wins the battle of financial freedom, the only thing he needs to be asking from God on daily basis is good health and long life and the world is his cool

E dey Bible sef. Once the financial aspect is cracked, life is glorious!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Save My Marriage by Kobojunkie: 9:44pm On May 16, 2023
Saintinoo:
■ Do you know the worst form of immaturity and lack of privacy? It is going to marriages councillor or pastors to settle marriage disputes, because those people are total strangers.
Actually, from where I see, your Ummuna are no different from going to a pastor with one's problems. It is pretty much the same except in your Ummunna case, rather than one person, you seem to mean a crowd is involved. undecided

As a professional marriage counselor, the counselor rather acts as a monitor to supervise and steer discussions between the man and his wife in order that they reach the intended goal. The resolution comes from the husband and wife, as they decide for themselves which way forward. That in no way compares to your pastor's or Umunna's approach in no way or form. undecided
Re: How Do I Save My Marriage by Kobojunkie: 9:45pm On May 16, 2023
Saintinoo:
Like I said bro, it is either you are still young or you are from a tribe where cultural values are not respected.
Well, I am not young and I certainly do not subscribe to the culture of men. I make my own as I go. undecided
Re: How Do I Save My Marriage by ShaqFu: 10:01pm On May 16, 2023
DissTroy:
Except your financial situation picks up, your woman would have contempt for you when you financial power reduces.

If you are self-made, before deciding to marry, for only for the woman who was with you during the forging process. No, not just with you but aided your growth.

Too many men settle for less, offering comfort and commitment on a platter of gold to women who'd obviously not do same when the roles are switched.

Even if you have the financial power, some months pretend there's a downturn in business then take note of her attitudinal change. Most of you buy expensive gifts for women who buy you just singlets and have never taken you out on dates.

Commitment is a weapon like women have weaponised sex - use it. Give and withdraw as rewards and punishment. Giving her too much easily is something men always regret. Always.

----

And OP, if she's behaving the way she is - she's being goaded by her mother to leave you. Heck! She's already sleeping with other men while hoping she irritates you enough to leave her so she can play the victim's card of the abandoned wife who had to pick herself up.

personally I've long told myself never to take any woman who doesn't spend on me serious.
Re: How Do I Save My Marriage by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 16, 2023
DissTroy:

----

That she has problems with her husband does not mean she has opened her legs for another man.I am not sure the sort of women you have been mingling with.
Re: How Do I Save My Marriage by Killermamba: 11:11pm On May 16, 2023
hopeforcharles:
Pay a visit to her see things yourself, discuss about your marriage if you see that her mind is made up don't force her,
Go back to base try and improve your finances take care of your children.
She might have moved on.
Best advice. Follow this bro, you will be glad you did

1 Like

Re: How Do I Save My Marriage by Ilekokonit: 11:16pm On May 16, 2023
promisedwealth:

but I'm worried honestly .

It's my wife under a spell or what.

Your wife is not under a spell. Its just that she does not love you any more and she is honest in telling you.

Don't try to force her to stay in a marriage with you when she has shown you that she is no longer interested in being your wife.

As for the kids, they will be all right after all there are kids who survive with no mother and no father.

Allow her stay with her mother in Lagos, block her number and her mothers number to avoid distraction and spend all your waking hours looking for ways to better your financial situation.

Life is too short to want to live it with a wife that clearly no longer respects nor loves you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Save My Marriage by imustsaymymindo: 1:12am On May 17, 2023
Save yourself first. Before thinking of saving your marriage.

Get your life and acts together. And you'd end up having options just as your wife currently does.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Save My Marriage by Vietnaminfo(m): 2:27am On May 17, 2023
It is important to focus on personal growth rather than solely attempting to regain your wife's affection. It is true that women generally prefer a comfortable and secure environment over one filled with suffering. Like a cat pursuing a rat, they gravitate towards comfort. Women often associate themselves with wealth, success, and fame. Therefore, it is beneficial to invest time in self-improvement and work on enhancing your own circumstances. If your wife becomes aware that you have achieved financial prosperity, own a comfortable house, possess a car, and have a substantial bank account, she may be the one pursuing you, expressing her desire to reconcile. Consider the following question: Why do young and beautiful women sometimes marry individuals significantly older than themselves? The answer lies in the allure of money and fame. The more you attempt to win back her love during this stage, the more she may resent you. Money and success are integral components of a loving relationship. Understanding this concept will bring you peace.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Save My Marriage by purehustle101(m): 4:25am On May 17, 2023
thesicilian:
A marriage without money is like a house built upon the sand - any little wind will always shake it to it's foundations.

Only when your married to a stupid woman. As a man what you need to make your life meaningful is money.. women are everywhere, if your wife decides to fall in love with another man tomorrow support her and get lid of her, never be in a position of begging any woman to be with you for your own sanity.. develop your self and make money then enjoy your life on earth because we all die alone.. stupid love only ends here .

1 Like

Re: How Do I Save My Marriage by purehustle101(m): 4:35am On May 17, 2023
Vietnaminfo:
It is important to focus on personal growth rather than solely attempting to regain your wife's affection. It is true that women generally prefer a comfortable and secure environment over one filled with suffering. Like a cat pursuing a rat, they gravitate towards comfort. Women often associate themselves with wealth, success, and fame. Therefore, it is beneficial to invest time in self-improvement and work on enhancing your own circumstances. If your wife becomes aware that you have achieved financial prosperity, own a comfortable house, possess a car, and have a substantial bank account, she may be the one pursuing you, expressing her desire to reconcile. Consider the following question: Why do young and beautiful women sometimes marry individuals significantly older than themselves? The answer lies in the allure of money and fame. The more you attempt to win back her love during this stage, the more she may resent you. Money and success are integral components of a loving relationship. Understanding this concept will bring you peace.

When I see write ups like these I always refer it as a typical disadvantage of modern marriage. Are you trying to say that our parents never had money issues in there marriages then. No man goes into marriage with the mind set of not providing for the family.. what happened to partnership and working together as couples, anywoman that leaves a man because of trying times shows that your only paying her to stay with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Save My Marriage by BlueAir: 10:14am On May 17, 2023
Which particular recorder can I download from playstore that will send all voice recording to email?
yrhuhfy113:

It is simple.... VISIT HER.... add your finger print to her fingerprint unlock list.... OR get her phone and download a recorder.... there are several on playstore and appstore...

but carefully look for the one that SENDS THE VOICE RECORDINGS to EMAIL automatically.... then install it.... and use a DUMMY EMAIL that doesn't bear your name... so she won't code it is you.

That's all, every day check that email and you will hear the calls she made.

Another way is to ha3k her entire phone so you get EVERY THING, call logs, email, bank alert, sms, whatsapp, instagram, new passwords, screenshots and you can even activate her location anytime to monitor her, you can also activate her camera anytime.... IT IS TOTALLY REMOTE
Re: How Do I Save My Marriage by DissTroy(m): 11:15am On May 17, 2023
ShaqFu:
personally I've long told myself never to take any woman who doesn't spend on me serious.

I've never been committed to any woman who didn't spend on me too like I do on her. I understand her purchasing power might be lower than mine, but she has to spend on me too. You can't just keep demanding without giving.

It's another reason men must avoid unemployed women. You shouldn't even gift her sex just like that 'cause if the roles were reverse, she'd think you beneath her and not worthy of her body.

I want to be 'spoilt' too. The thing is, the women who spend know they are rare so would tell you, "You think it's every woman who spends on her man too like me? I'm rare." Well, maybe. But if she leaves, you'd find others same way you found her.

Just be a valuable man and demand she does her part too. I'm no Prince Charming - no sweeping her off her feet. Play your part too, madam.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Save My Marriage by thesicilian: 11:23am On May 17, 2023
purehustle101:

Only when your married to a stupid woman. As a man what you need to make your life meaningful is money.. women are everywhere, if your wife decides to fall in love with another man tomorrow support her and get lid of her, never be in a position of begging any woman to be with you for your own sanity.. develop your self and make money then enjoy your life on earth because we all die alone.. stupid love only ends here .
Lol. Can't argue with that 🤣
Re: How Do I Save My Marriage by Vietnaminfo(m): 9:17pm On May 17, 2023
purehustle101:

When I see write ups like these I always refer it as a typical disadvantage of modern marriage. Are you trying to say that our parents never had money issues in there marriages then. No man goes into marriage with the mind set of not providing for the family.. what happened to partnership and working together as couples, anywoman that leaves a man because of trying times shows that your only paying her to stay with you.

Marriages in the olden days lasted longer due to various factors. Technological advancements and communication have introduced new challenges, such as social media temptations and distractions. Economic factors played a role, with traditional gender roles creating interdependence and shared responsibility, while modern societies face the complexities of balancing work, family, and personal lives. Understanding these factors can help navigate the challenges faced by marriages today. So in essence, there is no love without money in today's marriage. Know this and know peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Come Lets Talk About Wedding/engagement Rings / Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth. / Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.