Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,926 members, 7,814,116 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days (27825 Views)

Charly Boy Meets Peter Obi, Femi Kuti For 'Nigerian Youth Decide' To Hold In FCT / Abba Kyari Transferring To Lagos For Additional Care And Observation - SR / Wike Maintains Lead, Wins Additional Four LGAs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by References1: 3:14pm On May 18, 2023
A Sabo-Yaba Chief Magistrates’ Court in Lagos on Thursday granted an application for extension of remand of afrobeat singer Seun Kuti for additional four days.
The Chief Magistrate, Mrs Adeola Olatubosun, extended Kuti’s remand until May 22.

Mr Simon Lough (SAN), who led a police legal team to the court, had moved the application.

According to him, the extension is to allow further investigation into the case.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Kuti is charged with assaulting a police officer.

He allegedly committed the offence on May 13 on the Third Mainland Bridge, Lagos State.

The police charged him with slapping an inspector after driving dangerously on the bridge
and deliberately blocking a moving police vehicle.

Kuti was arraigned on Tuesday during which the chief magistrate ordered his remand for 48 hours.

She, however, held that the defendant should be admitted to bail in the sum of one million Naira with two sureties in like sum, at the end of the 48-hour remand.

She said that one of the sureties must be a landlord within the jurisdiction of the court.

She had adjourned the case until May 22 for mention and directed the prosecutor to duplicate the case file and forward a copy to the state director of public prosecutions for advice.

https://thenationonlineng.net/just-in-court-remands-seun-kuti-for-additional-four-days/

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7693813/seun-kuti-rushed-back-court

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by Ireportlive: 3:18pm On May 18, 2023
cool

He would come out stronger learning his lesson

Forgiveness no dey their dictionary for police station

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by thundafire: 3:38pm On May 18, 2023
The go mend him beards😂🤣😂

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by Efuaye(m): 3:41pm On May 18, 2023
Wetin be dis?
Re: Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by OloyeVIII: 3:42pm On May 18, 2023
Common slap! 1 million naira bail!. ..Any day wey police go slap me, if i no die.. call me bastard.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by Isokiscool(m): 4:14pm On May 18, 2023
OloyeVIII:
Common slap! 1 million naira bail!. ..Any day wey police go slap me, if i no die.. call me bastard.
if u like go misbehave make police slap you,na you sabi

86 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by Midastouch03(m): 4:32pm On May 18, 2023
This Seun's case reminds me of the video of Jagua's film I watched on this platform some weeks ago; where Jagua was asking his friend to join him to pray against "akoba"! But his friend was so confident of himself and told him that he doesn't have any need for prayers, that he's very okay! At the end of the story he learned in a very hard way! I hope the guy will not learn in a very hard way now with powers that be already have vested interest in his case! I'm very sure that he will do handing over with Pa Buhari in Police cell! All the plans and activities lined up now threatened and likely cancelled!!! Sigh.....quote author=References1 post=123215381]

https://thenationonlineng.net/just-in-court-remands-seun-kuti-for-additional-four-days/

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7693813/seun-kuti-rushed-back-court

Nlfpmod Mynd44 [/quote]

4 Likes

Re: Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by festacman(m): 4:34pm On May 18, 2023
Seun Kuti doesn't have any hit song or do many shows in Nigeria to make money. His main source of income is 'foreign currencies' made from music festivals organised during summer across European cities where he mostly play his Fela's songs. This detention order, any further detention order or worst still getting a judge to order Seun to surrender his international passport to avoid flight will be bad for business. If Femi Falana with all his connections struggles to get a 'temporary relief' for him to attend these festivals, then be sure Seun will be poorer because he slapped a cop.

Not looking good for Seun at the moment but like death and taxes, summer is sure to happen every year and so, yeah, not the end of world for Seun. Hope dey!

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by Xscape1993(m): 4:42pm On May 18, 2023
This life is not balance....
Re: Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by mayowascholar(m): 4:42pm On May 18, 2023
Tor
Re: Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by dynicks(m): 4:43pm On May 18, 2023
Nigerian police against seun in coming days..!!!!..

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by Staphylococcus: 4:43pm On May 18, 2023
He still end up getting released.

That’s the beauty of Nigeria

Some class of people can never make it to jail, except they step on the toes of powers that make-be.

66 Likes

Re: Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by Triangles1(m): 4:43pm On May 18, 2023
Let some ganja highness leave his body maybe his brain will set.

Be my family or friends or fans even if our popo dey Bleep up no mean say you go just slap an officer on uniform.

Law is law.

16 Likes

Re: Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by Naijaupdates1: 4:44pm On May 18, 2023
See What Lamidi Apapa said That Made Obidients Chased him out of the Court

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqp8dRraf18
Re: Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by baralatie(m): 4:44pm On May 18, 2023
Chi
You go slap awhile inspector
I thot it was recruit
😲

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by Lanretoye(m): 4:44pm On May 18, 2023
Weyin dem dey investigate for slap again self...seun don buy market for alkali baba hand.

4 Likes

Re: Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:44pm On May 18, 2023
Singin" Baba 70 evergreen song titled WAHALA......

When Trouble sleep
Yanga go wake am
Wetin him dey find (Palava, he dey find)
Palava, he go get'e oh (Palava, he go get)
Palava, he go get'e oh

When cat sleep
Rat go bite him tail
Palava

[Verse 1]
Tenant lost him job
Him sit down for house
Him dey think of job
Mr. Landord come wake am up
He say, "Mister, pay me your rent"

[Chorus]
Palava, he go get-e o (Palava, he go get)
Palava, he go get e-o

[Verse 2]
My friend just come from prison
Him dey look for work
Waka waka day and night
Police man come stop am for road
He say, "Mister, I charge you for wandering"

[Chorus]
Palaver, he go get-e o (Palava, he go get)
Palaver

[Verse 3]
Mr. Husband marry for church
He make big party
Then he start to spray
Because him love him wife
Him say, "wife come run away"
Bank manager run come
He say, "Mister, pay me your debt"
Weting him dey find.

[Chorus]
Palava

When Trouble sleep
Yanga go wake am
Palaver, he go get-e o

When cat sleep
Rat go bite him tail
Palava, he go get-e o (Palava, he go get)
Palava, he go get e-o

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by phemmie06(m): 4:44pm On May 18, 2023
I hope this guy never step on H&M toes? Cos all these treatment don de get as e be
Re: Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by Ebukacute(m): 4:44pm On May 18, 2023
Sorry o
Re: Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by Martinsmine(m): 4:44pm On May 18, 2023
This is why you don't need to annoy Nigerians

5 Likes

Re: Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by BeardedmeatR(m): 4:45pm On May 18, 2023
He should enjoy his undone beans in peace.

5 Likes

Re: Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by Icarus99(f): 4:45pm On May 18, 2023
I knew they would do him like this
Nothing lasts forever sha

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by CHIOMAEZEH: 4:45pm On May 18, 2023
Hahaha.... I heard he has a tour to start on Saturday... Chai... Him people go begin lobby politicians to help bend police hand...

I want then to use him as scape goat... Most of our celebrities have used see finish to take our police as lower class citizens...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by Tinubuwins2023e: 4:46pm On May 18, 2023
Na to make sure him program for the weekend cast

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by Elvis2kay: 4:46pm On May 18, 2023
FANTASTIC... He needs it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by superCleanworks(m): 4:46pm On May 18, 2023
hmmm police.
I hope they apply this same energy to their jobs.

4 Likes

Re: Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by Ofadaman(m): 4:46pm On May 18, 2023
Police want to make an example of him, he'd end up spending money ,damaging his reputation and wasting valuable time.

No. Matter how you slice and dice it, Seun ends up loosing in all this debacle

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by aikyg(m): 4:46pm On May 18, 2023
Really sad! I no understand this case again ooo. See what ordinary slap has turned to.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Remands Seun Kuti For Additional Four Days by Pootle: 4:46pm On May 18, 2023
trouble sleep yanga go wake am...weytin you dey find wahala u dey find grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

More Photos And Video From APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Ebonyi / Fashola's Dad, Ademola Fashola Is Dead / EFCC Releases Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.