Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,390 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (472141 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (544) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Meogom: 10:26pm On Aug 17, 2023
Schoolhike:

Person jam my car while it was parked, while my car also enter person building (fence pulled down) the person left the scene (not a run-away driver I think), but police said it’s criminal as he left the scene, eye witness we’re able to get the car details.

All in all, my point I was asked every question you could imagine. By both police and insurance coy.

Make people shaa no lie for insurance companies that’s all I can say, up to the point of what is your job type and use of car, your mileage you inputted while buying out the insurance and so on.

It’s also very important to update any change in personal details most especially address.

Let you car be in good condition, don’t drive with tyres beyond the allowable legal limit.

Trying to update house address on my insurance policy, and I'm get a new quote of almost double of what I was paying, and the new address is very close to the old one. Na so dem dey do am?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 10:52pm On Aug 17, 2023
Controlv:

Wahala plenty for this UK auto insurance.

Checked my details and realized I still have my old job; tried updating form Administrator (Private Healthcare) to Accountant (NHS) and I'm seeing additional £258 payment for 4 months. I'll just cancel and get a new one, but is this how someone will keep paying each time we change job?

Just make sure you check how much is new insurance should in case you cancel the current one.

Meanwhile you still have 4months left, in your insurance, wait and get you No claim bonus naa.

Sometime dem no Dey get direct job title, they do use a related job title.

Mine from data processor to data analyst, i was even told not to bother by my insurance since they can’t find data analyst on their list.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 10:58pm On Aug 17, 2023
Meogom:

Trying to update house address on my insurance policy, and I'm get a new quote of almost double of what I was paying, and the new address is very close to the old one. Na so dem dey do am?

Sincerely address is very important,.

In my own case they had to verify my name and address against the details on electoral records.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Focus99: 11:59pm On Aug 17, 2023
Okay. Thank you

adefoluk:
No, there is Global Talent Visa for Research/Academia.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Noworries11: 1:12am On Aug 18, 2023
Noworries11:
Brethren
In order to kill procrastination, I decided to select and book a date (17th of August) for my theory test...
Presently i do score 46/50 with the 4 in 1 app
So far 47 max however I do score 4/5 on the average on hazard perception but sometimes would score zero on the same hazard perception

Is there sth I have not understood or getting wrong
I get shocked and confused whenever this happens... I only use the 4 in 1 app (self study)

Elders and those who passed with the app
Abeg advise or recommend practice style/materials
Thank you

To God be the Glory
Elders i passed my theory test like this
46/50
64/75

Thanks to every contributors especially @phayie and lexus

Tried the hazard perception practice on the app for the first time 30 mins before the test n scored 47/75 almost got discouraged grin

Please someone once posted how they used video (DIY) self training to pass the practical driving test
Kindly share the links...
I need start start driving as soon as next month cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Estroller: 4:02am On Aug 18, 2023
Appreciation post!!!

Special appreciation to all that have taken their time to freely share their experience with others on this platform, this has helped many myself inclusive in settling down and subsequently growing in the UK. A journey that would naturally have been a difficult one was greatly eased by your selflessness and desire in seeing others succeed in areas where you have in the time past struggled.

My modest growth in the few years I've lived here can be greatly traced to this platform. I maxed out my ISA allowance for the first time in the last tax year (hopefully 1st of many to come), became a homeowner early last year + a substantial career boost.

I'm echoing what others have said in the past that the wealth of resources available on this platform is unbelievable, underestimate it at your own peril. To those just coming in, it can only get better from here on, take advantage of every resource available here, in the midst of those banters are life changing gems. Wish us all success and growth in this land. May we all eat the good of the land.

51 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Wking: 7:00am On Aug 18, 2023
my people how long does it take to send back my brp after issuing provisional driver license.? cos i was told brp will arrive separately in the mail, this is over 3weeks and i haven't gotten my brp card.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 7:50am On Aug 18, 2023
You should have gotten it by now. Takes a week at most after they receive it. Did you send it with a paid stamp return envelope that you can track? I always advise folks to do this sha.... for both sending and receiving.

Wking:
my people how long does it take to send back my brp after issuing provisional driver license.? cos i was told brp will arrive separately in the mail, this is over 3weeks and i haven't gotten my brp card.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ukay2: 8:35am On Aug 18, 2023
bigtt76:
You should have gotten it by now. Takes a week at most after they receive it. Did you send it with a paid stamp return envelope that you can track? I always advise folks to do this sha.... for both sending and receiving.

Exactly....
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Globalshaper: 9:00am On Aug 18, 2023
Please elders in the house, I need your advice.

My dream has always been to work in the lab as a medical lab scientist. Due to some factors, I couldn’t get admitted into the course in Nigeria, I had to study medical biochemistry.

The conversion course was also stopped in Nigeria so I couldn’t move over.

Now, I will be resuming in UK for MSc Biotechnology next month, I have the following questions, please:

1. Is it still worth it pursuing a conversion to Biomedical Science practice in the UK? Is it possible?

2. If yes, how? Are there courses and internship to take to join IBMS, and eventually HCPC so I am ready to take on NHS roles immediately after graduation.

3. Or should I just fully pursue Biotechnology which seems to have limited opportunities and sponsorship in the UK compared to Biomedical Science.

Note: The only time I practiced biomedical science was during my IT in Nigeria few years ago. But I have worked in the health/wellness awareness space ever since graduation.

Thanks a lot
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 9:25am On Aug 18, 2023
Estroller - Keep strolling into positivity...... 🔥👍

May you keep strolling and never slumber......🤣😂

12 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ukay2: 9:27am On Aug 18, 2023
Estroller:
Appreciation post!!!

Special appreciation to all that have taken their time to freely share their experience with others on this platform, this has helped many myself inclusive in settling down and subsequently growing in the UK. A journey that would naturally have been a difficult one was greatly eased by your selflessness and desire in seeing others succeed in areas where you have in the time past struggled.

My modest growth in the few years I've lived here can be greatly traced to this platform. I maxed out my ISA allowance for the first time in the last tax year (hopefully 1st of many to come), became a homeowner early last year + a substantial career boost.

I'm echoing what others have said in the past that the wealth of resources available on this platform is unbelievable, underestimate it at your own peril. To those just coming in, it can only get better from here on, take advantage of every resource available here, in the midst of those banters are life changing gems. Wish us all success and growth in this land. May we all eat the good of the land.

I like this....we keep winning 🥇

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Eky29: 9:31am On Aug 18, 2023
Good morning everyone

My friend just got a Temporary work visa for Uk and his location is Newcastle . He doesn’t know anyone in Uk. So he’s looking for anyone that can accommodate him for like 2 weeks or 1 month till he gets his ID and is able to secure his own accommodation.
He planning on flying early September.
Any one who can assist him should please let me know.
Thank you .

🖕
I need a response to the above question please……

mex551:
Please my People , make I no die in silence. What kind of cream do you recommend for dry skin in this uk. I have lived in Norther Nigeria and never had this type of dry skin. All my legs are usually white 😀😀. Kindly recommend Abeg.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by BorisJohnson(f): 9:40am On Aug 18, 2023
Help Needed!!
The Care Agency that brought me to the UK on Health & Care Visa CoS has just been sanctioned by the Home Office. They have now lost their CoS status.
All the foreign staff (plenty of us) have now been told to find a new sponsor, or leave the UK within 3 months.

Please, do you know where I can be able to get a new CoS? Please help.

Please help a brother.

Any plugs? Leads? Recommendations?
Please help.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Estroller: 10:13am On Aug 18, 2023
Lexusgs430:
Estroller - Keep strolling into positivity...... 🔥👍

May you keep strolling and never slumber......🤣😂

Thanks chief, you na super motivator 💪

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Estroller: 10:13am On Aug 18, 2023
ukay2:

I like this....we keep winning 🥇

Thanks boss
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 10:16am On Aug 18, 2023
😡 😡 😡

See Estonia dey deny spec like me visa.

A whole bling bling of a man

Asa nwoke

Hope of the British clan and ancestry

I dey vex seriously.....

They said

1) information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable.

2) There are reasonable doubts as to my intention to leave the territory of the member states before the expiry of the visa.

Crazy people innit.

Not even sure i want to travel again, I may appeal if I see money.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 10:27am On Aug 18, 2023
Good stuff, congratulations on your successes. Just what we want on this platform 🙏🏾🎉

Estroller:
Appreciation post!!!

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 11:21am On Aug 18, 2023
EPEAKS:
How come because I have interviewed for more than 3 roles in the UK from Nigeria.
Did you have any legal experience in Nigeria?
Look for Legal Advisor roles. Also check out jobs requiring lawyers from Common Law Jurisdiction
You can also handle Data Privacy Roles.

@ midey93
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 11:23am On Aug 18, 2023
BorisJohnson:
Help Needed!!
The Care Agency that brought me to the UK on Health & Care Visa CoS has just been sanctioned by the Home Office. They have now lost their CoS status.
All the foreign staff (plenty of us) have now been told to find a new sponsor, or leave the UK within 3 months.

Please, do you know where I can be able to get a new CoS? Please help.

Please help a brother.

Any plugs? Leads? Recommendations?
Please help.
Sorry bro, this is truly sad. Try taking a walk to Care companies around you to submit your CV and if you know anyone that works for one, they can refer you. I hear that if you have a car and a license that’s it’s even better.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 11:25am On Aug 18, 2023
Congratulations, na wetin I dey like see be this. Just one question, are you on a long term visa like 5 years?

Estroller:
Appreciation post!!!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Estroller: 11:48am On Aug 18, 2023
kwakudtraveller:
Congratulations, na wetin I dey like see be this. Just one question, are you on a long term visa like 5 years?

Thanks. Sort of, though not at the first instance
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ecalistus(m): 12:59pm On Aug 18, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by UniqueDext: 1:00pm On Aug 18, 2023
Am urgently looking for 1bed apartments in Margate or Ramsgate in Kent..
If anyone has anything or information around this area please let me know.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by EPEAKS: 1:51pm On Aug 18, 2023
Looking for a 2 bedroom Flat in Edinburgh. Any leads apart from online?

UniqueDext:
Am urgently looking for 1bed apartments in Margate or Ramsgate in Kent..
If anyone has anything or information around this area please let me know.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by terrymason(m): 4:26pm On Aug 18, 2023
Please I need advise.

I'm coming in next week... I have excess luggage of 24kg..

Can I pay for excess weight at the airport and how much can it be?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Madeu(m): 4:42pm On Aug 18, 2023
Globalshaper:
Please elders in the house, I need your advice.

My dream has always been to work in the lab as a medical lab scientist. Due to some factors, I couldn’t get admitted into the course in Nigeria, I had to study medical biochemistry.

The conversion course was also stopped in Nigeria so I couldn’t move over.

Now, I will be resuming in UK for MSc Biotechnology next month, I have the following questions, please:

1. Is it still worth it pursuing a conversion to Biomedical Science practice in the UK? Is it possible?

2. If yes, how? Are there courses and internship to take to join IBMS, and eventually HCPC so I am ready to take on NHS roles immediately after graduation.

3. Or should I just fully pursue Biotechnology which seems to have limited opportunities and sponsorship in the UK compared to Biomedical Science.

Note: The only time I practiced biomedical science was during my IT in Nigeria few years ago. But I have worked in the health/wellness awareness space ever since graduation.

Thanks a lot
Why not Prereg Nursing? Easy to get sponsorship. Not worth it.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Globalshaper: 5:03pm On Aug 18, 2023
Thank you.

I appreciate.

Embarking on another MSc after the present one is a cost I am not sure I can accommodate at this time though.

Is there any other way to onboard a nursing career or even a biomedical science career? I wouldn’t mind a lower band, provided it’s a pathway to sponsorship.

A lot of things still look sketchy on this journey and I really want to firm up my plans from the get go.

Madeu:

Why not Prereg Nursing? Easy to get sponsorship. Not worth it.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by vikaosi: 5:05pm On Aug 18, 2023
A couple are in need of accommodation at Hertfordshire and nearby towns/cities. Please reach out to me if you have any info.

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (544) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: eolme(f), Mamatukwas, segunzolawalez and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.