Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,818 members, 7,817,383 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (467428 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kode12: 9:58pm On Oct 18, 2023
idee91:

Hello everyone, just to give a bit of an update. The Midwives got back to us today that they have completed relevant checks/ confirmations with the NHS safeguarding team and the social services as regard’s piercing the baby’s ears. They were able to confirm that since it is cultural, it was fine as long as the piercing was done with clean and sterilized objects, and we clean with salt water regularly till it fully heals, to help prevent any infections.

Thank you all for your inputs
JapaGeneral come and see.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Taal17: 10:02pm On Oct 18, 2023
Schoolhike:
Finally got a permanent solution to mold in my house.

Bought a and the rest is story.

Reason for choosing this is because it does not only dehumidify but also purify the air and very low electricity consumption.

Yeah, dry clothes as well.

If you’ve got mold issue try get this product aswell.

How much was it?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ticha: 10:31pm On Oct 18, 2023
triplo3:
Ancestors,

Someone in Nigeria is trying to buy property in UK. They’re willing to pay the >25% deposit for a mortgage. Target is to preserve capital, gain equity, get good ROI from a rentals etc. Strategic location to ensure long term value. House or flat. What’s the best approach? Any advise. Thank you in advance.

No chance of a mortgage - not from any mainstream lender or other registered financial lenders anyway. Not even with a 50% deposit. The chances of meeting AML requirements is almost zero as we have no acceptable credit rating authority/ facility/system in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by imback(m): 11:03pm On Oct 18, 2023
Get £10 FREEE when you use LemFi (Previously Lemonade) to send money to 🇳🇬
Verify your account and send over £100.0 with my referral link - https://referral.lemfi.com/invite/Vk1qw4DCfBPaAdX3A
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:21pm On Oct 18, 2023
Raalsalghul:

Quick question: what if the mortgage is in the man's name only?

Does it mean he has to move out if the judge grants custody of the kids to the woman?

Just thinking about different scenarios here.

Would you want to reside in the house, with the woman you already divorced........😜😂

You simply expose yourself to possibilities of varying allegations, injunctions and all sorts of mess .......

The children would NEVER be rendered homeless, by any Judge.......

Only in the man's name, would NOT save the man...... The wife would still be entitled to 50%, as a starting point, because the property is/was a family home ........

Hence putting the mortgage in only your name, is at a disadvantage to you .......🤣😜

Be good to her, so you don't end up homeless or renting again........😂

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 11:47pm On Oct 18, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Would you want to reside in the house, with the woman you already divorced........😜😂

You simply expose yourself to possibilities of varying allegations, injunctions and all sorts of mess .......

Only in the man's name, would NOT save the man...... The wife would still be entitled to 50%, as a starting point, because the property is/was a family home ........

Hence putting the mortgage in only your name, is at a disadvantage to you .......🤣😜

We can’t win this women.. can we ?
🤣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Hwy9: 11:50pm On Oct 18, 2023
Hello everyone,

Please, I changed employer (SW visa), is it possible to get a refund on the IHS I paid for my initial visa?

How do I go about it? I have tried calling UKVI but they have been tossing me around.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:02am On Oct 19, 2023
lavida001:

We can’t win this women.. can we ?
🤣

Even a pre nuptial agreement, would not save we endangered species........🤣😜

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Raalsalghul: 5:37am On Oct 19, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Thanks.

Now I understand why some egbon in their forties are not married over there.

The others prefer having baby mama's and taking care of their kids.

Cc: Regex
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Adeshizzy: 7:02am On Oct 19, 2023
Hi

is there anyone that was able to switch from the health and care visa to proper professional roles like (project management,IT and stuff).

if yeah,i would love to know the process,how easy was it ?

thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by CannyDoll: 7:31am On Oct 19, 2023
Hello guys, I need advice please. I just started my PhD at the University of Leicester, however I don't really like the city of Leicester, I want to live in Derby, please is it advisable to commute from one city to another for school? Also in terms of Jobs and raising kids which city is better between the 2, the distance between Derby and Leicester is about 54 minutes away by road. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:14am On Oct 19, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Even a pre nuptial agreement, would not save we endangered species........🤣😜

So what's the use of the prenuptial agreement then? 😁
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:35am On Oct 19, 2023
hustla:

So what's the use of the prenuptial agreement then? 😁

A judge would peruse the pre nuptial agreement, if it seems unfair...... It would be thrown in the bin .......

If you're going to have a pre nuptial agreement, ensure the financially weaker person, got proper legal/financial advice and be fair in the contents of the agreement........🤣😂😜

You cannot be worth £3,000,000.......Then offer her £50,000 + 3 children to look after and take her life of luxury away ........🤣😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:37am On Oct 19, 2023
Raalsalghul:

Thanks.

I no go mention names.......😂😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Regex: 8:37am On Oct 19, 2023
Raalsalghul:

Thanks.

Na partnership be the best..😂 😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Regex: 8:39am On Oct 19, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I no go mention names.......😂😜

😂 😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 8:54am On Oct 19, 2023
Regex:

Na partnership be the best..😂 😂

lol..see fear of marriage..

i blame Lexusgs430 for this

Women don't always get everything even with kids involved.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Raalsalghul: 9:39am On Oct 19, 2023
justwise:

Doesn't seem that way.

Seems like once the woman has kids, it's game over for the man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Regex: 9:42am On Oct 19, 2023
justwise:

😂 😂

Baba is even before Lexusgs430 talk am, I don get the phobia since...😂 😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 9:43am On Oct 19, 2023
Lexusgs430:

A judge would peruse the pre nuptial agreement, if it seems unfair...... It would be thrown in the bin .......

If you're going to have a pre nuptial agreement, ensure the financially weaker person, got proper legal/financial advice and be fair in the contents of the agreement........🤣😂😜

You cannot be worth £3,000,000.......Then offer her £50,000 + 3 children to look after and take her life of luxury away ........🤣😜

Yeah true

Other party needs to have a lawyer too so it won't look as though you're trying to take advantage
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Hamof: 9:46am On Oct 19, 2023
Good day house, is there anyone here that has experienced Tesco interview before? What are the likely questions I could be asked.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by triplo3: 9:58am On Oct 19, 2023
Ticha:

No chance of a mortgage - not from any mainstream lender or other registered financial lenders anyway. Not even with a 50% deposit. The chances of meeting AML requirements is almost zero as we have no acceptable credit rating authority/ facility/system in Nigeria.

You’re right, but I have it on good authority Access Bank UK supports this.

What’s the strategy in finding the right investment? Is it just going on Zoopla and co.?

Or targeting big/growing cities? Budget is around £300 to 400K. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 10:20am On Oct 19, 2023
Raalsalghul:

Doesn't seem that way.

Seems like once the woman has kids, it's game over for the man.

It’s not always the case. To start with a woman can only clean up a man who has something to clean.

A man’s money before marriage and money he made after marriage are treated differently.

If you structure your finances carefully before getting marriage you will be in a better position if the marriage goes south.

I have a female friend who is going through divorce right now and the ex husband has taken her to the cleaners. She has to remortgage the house to give the husband share of the equity even as the man did not contribute a penny for the deposit. Kids are also involved in this marriage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:22am On Oct 19, 2023
justwise:

Ifura ní ògún àgbà.........🤣😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 10:25am On Oct 19, 2023
Regex:

😂 😂

Baba is vent before Lexusgs430 talk am, I don get the phobia since...😂 😂

I have two friends, one Scottish and the other one English, both have 16kids between them from two different women but none is married to those women. They are currently living with 3rd woman with no intention to marry.

All partners
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Raalsalghul: 10:45am On Oct 19, 2023
justwise:

It’s not always the case. To start with a woman can only clean up a man who has something to clean.

A man’s money before marriage and money he made after marriage are treated differently.

If you structure your finances carefully before getting marriage you will be in a better position if the marriage goes south.

I have a female friend who is going through divorce right now and the ex husband has taken her to the cleaners. She has to remortgage the house to give the husband share of the equity even as the man did not contribute a penny for the deposit. Kids are also involved in this marriage.

Can you explain more at the bolded?

How can a man structure his money before marriage?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 11:01am On Oct 19, 2023
Raalsalghul:

Can you explain more at the bolded?

How can a man structure his money before marriage?

Seek proffessional advise or do a research regarding this as i'm not qualified to give one.

You will find so much info when you do your research

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 11:19am On Oct 19, 2023
I called this builder to reserve a property, told them I have a DiP, they said okay but asked that I call their mortgage advisor, that their mortgage advisor needs to see my DiP before they can go ahead with the reservation.

After speaking with their mortgage advisor, they didn't ask for my DiP, they carried their own assessment and are giving me the same lender as the former advisor.

I want to go with the former advisor, should I insist or play along?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Regex: 11:30am On Oct 19, 2023
justwise:

I have two friends, one Scottish and the other one English, both have 16kids between them from two different women but none is married to those women. They are currently living with 3rd woman with no intention to marry.

All partners

This is the plan only that I intend to do it with one woman.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bluebella(m): 12:00pm On Oct 19, 2023
Good afternoon, Elders and Great Minds in the house. Autumn greetings!!
Pls I have a close friend that applied for student visa (normal service), he got a mail after one week that he should show proof of what he has been doing since he graduated from Uni/first degree and he submitted a detailed letter from his company showing employment history, the challenge now is that its more than 3 weeks now and no message or email from UKVi. He has paid part of his school fees(30%) and he has even enrolled online.
Please any advice or suggestions on what he can do.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Iruobe1987: 12:37pm On Oct 19, 2023
Hello everyone, please can a student work full time after the course completion date or it has to be after graduation date
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zisyme: 12:53pm On Oct 19, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I also hear the person that told you, might have also informed you, how to get in touch........ 🤣😁

I’ve also tried to get in touch several times to no avail. Sent messages from here last year concerning this but no reply.

Please help!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (539) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: ooty, Goodenoch and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.