Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (484462 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (553) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 8:59pm On Oct 28, 2023
inphoenix:

Wait, so because she born pikin, she must carry the pikin for head everywhere? Or a single mother must not fend for herself or have life because she get pikin. I wish you people can listen to yourselves sometimes!

If you read what I said, it is a tick box exercise EXCEPT there is a cause for concern!!! You just repeated the same message I passed, but you still had to instill that fear that she is not safe in the poor woman, why??!!!!!!

I hate when you people scare others with all these social worker nonsense!!! You think it's just easy to take away children?

You may scream much but it doesn't change the fact. My friends' kids were taken away last month over absolutely nothing, just a "hunch" that the kids were not safe. I have a few other LIVE examples in South Wales and Bristol.

I used to think like you before but after being involved in some cases and speaking to 3 Social Workers, I realized it's neither a joke nor scaremongering.

And yes, "because she born pikin, she must carry the pikin for head everywhere" if she has to. She has to ALWAYS ensure the child is in safe conditions, failure to do so can mean losing the kid. Of course, she should have a social life, but the Government must not deem the child neglected in the process of her social life.

A word is enough for the wise sha.

17 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 9:23pm On Oct 28, 2023
Solumtoya:

Thanks. I learnt so much in the Mortgage process that I will definitely share here someday. So much has changed in how Visa holder's applications are being handled that we need to be aware of early enough.

If you want to talk; talk. Stop trying to build anticipation. Make we beg you first abi make we make the mistake first?

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 9:25pm On Oct 28, 2023
Which channel on IPTV can we watch Tyson vs Ngonnou match?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 28, 2023
inphoenix:

Wait, so because she born pikin, she must carry the pikin for head everywhere? Or a single mother must not fend for herself or have life because she get pikin. I wish you people can listen to yourselves sometimes!

If you read what I said, it is a tick box exercise EXCEPT there is a cause for concern!!! You just repeated the same message I passed, but you still had to instill that fear that she is not safe in the poor woman, why??!!!!!!

I hate when you people scare others with all these social worker nonsense!!! You think it's just easy to take away children?

It is not a tick box excercise. Don’t say what you don’t know because you want to seem nice and reassuring.

Let the person be careful and take advice from people with direct knowledge. It’s not a matter of alarming her but of making sure she’s fully aware of how things can pan out, and that she takes the neccessary precautions going forward.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 9:39pm On Oct 28, 2023
Solumtoya:

It's not in my nature to engage random folks on the internet especially over matters like religion which is why I didn't quote you by deliberately misspelling your moniker but I'd make an exception and leave the thread if I have to since it's actually yours.

You said and I quote "Tithing is a scam" among several other things. That's just off for people here who may hold it as a sacred doctrine. You won't do same to even an Islamic doctrine or any other legal group like LGBTQ even if you don't believe in what they're doing.

You have to respect other people's legal beliefs even if you feel you are now much wiser than them. You can share your opinion but making such definite derogatory statements is bullying.

This isn't about you "calling out some fraud in the Church" , don't divert it and act like that's all you said.

I used to respect you a lot and I still do, I really don't want to stretch this conversation

Tithing is a scam and those religious leaders benefiting from it are committing fraud.

If this bothers you then deep down you know i'm telling you the truth.

Read your bible, when tithing was practiced in old testament it was not about money and never paid monthly.

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Dotman23(m): 11:01pm On Oct 28, 2023
Please a friend's new work place is around Woolwich, Plumstead side..Houses around there are very expensive. Please what other areas can he look to for a lil bit affordable accommodation..at least 2 hours to work.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 11:26pm On Oct 28, 2023
Dotman23:
Please a friend's new work place is around Woolwich, Plumstead side..Houses around there are very expensive. Please what other areas can he look to for a lil bit affordable accommodation..at least 2 hours to work.

Nowhere in Greenwich is cheap

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 11:35pm On Oct 28, 2023
justwise:

Tithing is a scam and those religious leaders benefiting from it are committing fraud.

Read your bible, when tithing was practiced in old testament it was not about money and never paid monthly.

Two people you should never advice -

A Nigerian with his religion and a girl who's in love

Oyinbo churches dey empty but still.... Na we religious pass and na we dey underdeveloped and wicked pass

grin

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 11:35pm On Oct 28, 2023
Viruses:
Which channel on IPTV can we watch Tyson vs Ngonnou match?

https://twitter.com/EPL089/status/1718390477999726850?t=SsG5t4497rhvQeNlLoyDfQ&s=19

It's on Twitter, live
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 12:35am On Oct 29, 2023
Is anyone watching Tyson Fury vs Francis Ngannou? Kinda surprising result for me.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 12:52am On Oct 29, 2023
justwise:

Baba mechikwanu ọnụ..... just keep quiet for once. This TITHE thing pains you well. Go and ban it from the parliament nah. Onye mgbu

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 1:08am On Oct 29, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by inphoenix: 1:11am On Oct 29, 2023
Solumtoya:

You may scream much but it doesn't change the fact. My friends' kids were taken away last month over absolutely nothing, just a "hunch" that the kids were not safe. I have a few other LIVE examples in South Wales and Bristol.

I used to think like you before but after being involved in some cases and speaking to 3 Social Workers, I realized it's neither a joke nor scaremongering.

And yes, "because she born pikin, she must carry the pikin for head everywhere" if she has to. She has to ALWAYS ensure the child is in safe conditions, failure to do so can mean losing the kid. Of course, she should have a social life, but the Government must not deem the child neglected in the process of her social life.

A word is enough for the wise sha.

Pele o, Mr wise, ologbon Sodiki. Abeg rest! I am not even making a case for her social life, in fact, my position is quite the opposite.

The lady went as far as installing cameras to keep an eye on their child while they're away, and you're here repeating safe safe as if a child can only be safe when the parent is there!!!

You can agree or die!!! there is no law or minimum age when a child can be left home alone as long as the child is mature enough and there is no cause for concern (i.e risk)!!! Secondly, a cause of concern must be real to warrant taking a child away, it cannot be over a mere "hunch", you clearly don't know what you're saying... Its either your friend is not telling you the truth about their negligence or you're just here telling lies!!!

Stop scaring people please, and don't be a hypocrite!!! Na una go carry church and bible for head, and na for inside the same bible you carry for head that it is said that "God has not given us the spirit of fear", yet here you are literally doomsplaining on top a matter that has been handled. One of the many reasons why a lot of people don't take you religious people seriously. Hian!!!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by inphoenix: 1:25am On Oct 29, 2023
koonbey:

It is not a tick box excercise. Don’t say what you don’t know because you want to seem nice and reassuring.

Let the person be careful and take advice from people with direct knowledge. It’s not a matter of alarming her but of making sure she’s fully aware of how things can pan out, and that she takes the neccessary precautions going forward.

Funny how you know for a fact that I'm saying "what I don't know", or that I don't have direct knowledge. Is it because I'm not dropping "LIVE" anecdotes about "my friend in Bristol"? It's like the only precaution that will satisfy you people is for her to tie her (11yo) daughter to her waist and go around the streets of London with her
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by inphoenix: 1:51am On Oct 29, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 3:06am On Oct 29, 2023
justwise:

It is not surprising that a mod is flagrantly violating one of the rules (1) of this platform. You exemplify Nigeria lawmakers who are at the same time law breakers. I'm certain you would hide this post if it was done by someone else and probably ban them too.
That said, saying tithing, a practice held in high esteem by Christians, is a scam online is highly insulting. In fact, this is cyber bullying and I'm not sure if this is what this platform is turning into.

12 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 5:43am On Oct 29, 2023
Dotman23:

Woolwich, Plumstead and Thamesmead have historically been the cheapest areas in Greenwich, so if too expensive your friend could try looking further afield along the Dartford line for example which has direct trains to Woolwich.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 6:19am On Oct 29, 2023
rinzylee:

Baba mechikwanu ọnụ..... just keep quiet for once. This TITHE thing pains you well. Go and ban it from the parliament nah. Onye mgbu

I will not keep quiet, you can keep quiet though and accept the truth.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 6:31am On Oct 29, 2023
hustla:

Two people you should never advice -

A Nigerian with his religion and a girl who's in love

Oyinbo churches dey empty but still.... Na we religious pass and na we dey underdeveloped and wicked pass

grin

Some churches here even collect members January salaries in the name of First Fruit, I mean ALL your January salary and still collect tithes and offerings.

They turned Christianity into a religion of fear intimidation and manipulation.

We grew up believing a lot of nonsense from these dubious religious leaders and no one is allowed to ask questions.

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 6:35am On Oct 29, 2023
babajeje123:

It is not surprising that a mod is flagrantly violating one of the rules (1) of this platform. You exemplify Nigeria lawmakers who are at the same time law breakers. I'm certain you would hide this post if it was done by someone else and probably ban them too.
That said, saying tithing, a practice held in high esteem by Christians, is a scam online is highly insulting. In fact, this is cyber bullying and I'm not sure if this is what this platform is turning into.

babajeje123:

This is bullying and display of unnecessary ego. The guy was right in fact I was going to post the same thing but got busy with other things. Leadership should be by example

I was waiting for you to come and shout This is bullying! As you always do each I’m having arguments with anyone here. And you have proved me right.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Greenpeasants1: 7:40am On Oct 29, 2023
Make I ask you

Na you be the police officer wey talk to the pikin without the mama ?

You know wetin dem discuss?

You never see when officer they reassure you meanwhile case dey happen for back

Na why home office dey always ask for more documents when people they apply for only dem and their child without the second parent to avoid cases like this especially if the person dey study.

People here say be careful, take the whole case serious, e better that way and it ends up being nothing than to say na tick box exercise when the case dey build for back

inphoenix:

Pele o, Mr wise, ologbon Sodiki. Abeg rest! I am not even making a case for her social life, in fact, my position is quite the opposite.

The lady went as far as installing cameras to keep an eye on their child while they're away, and you're here repeating safe safe as if a child can only be safe when the parent is there!!!

You can agree or die!!! there is no law or minimum age when a child can be left home alone as long as the child is mature enough and there is no cause for concern (i.e risk)!!! Secondly, a cause of concern must be real to warrant taking a child away, it cannot be over a mere "hunch", you clearly don't know what you're saying... Its either your friend is not telling you the truth about their negligence or you're just here telling lies!!!

Stop scaring people please, and don't be a hypocrite!!! Na una go carry church and bible for head, and na for inside the same bible you carry for head that it is said that "God has not given us the spirit of fear", yet here you are literally doomsplaining on top a matter that has been handled. One of the many reasons why a lot of people don't take you religious people seriously. Hian!!!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 7:45am On Oct 29, 2023
Hi people, I've been surfing the Internet searching for Banking jobs in UK that offer sponsorship...

However, I seek opinions here because I believe it's possible someone on this forum got sponsorship through bank jobs or any related career.

Please respond.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by abuhusna1: 8:18am On Oct 29, 2023
Solumtoya:

This is what this thread is all about: Community of kindness and sharing.

I had decided to let go of this thread because folks like Justman had decided to use the opportunity of being a moderator to attack beliefs that people hold sacred. I never understand how one thinks it's wise to keep saying negative things about non-criminal religious doctrines. You won't do such in UK to people's sexual orientation, for instance, regardless of your stance on the matter. But because it's Nairaland, it's alright to say things like "someone's sacred doctrine is a scam run by crooks in the Church".

I digress... But, I think I will come back. My epistles have helped so many people here.

I passed my theory driving test yesterday, first time. I also got my Mortgage Offer last week after only coming here 2 years ago as a Student Dependant. These are only 2 examples of some of the ways God has used information from this thread to help me.

So, here's to more Communal assistance on Nairaland.
Have you changed your status from student visa. If not how you wanna keep up with visa and mortgage
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by abuhusna1: 8:21am On Oct 29, 2023
yolkman20:
Hello good people,

Trust weekend is going well.
I just did my tax return and my accountant was able to get me 3600k tax refund from the last tax year. I worked just 4 month as self employed within this tax year and I'm very wowed.

My people in construction, na like this he dey be?
I wasn't even expecting this much.

Did you pay more than 3600 in tax for that period?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by abuhusna1: 8:32am On Oct 29, 2023
genkins:
Pls how do you do crypto transactions in the UK without worrying about HRMC taxes?
Go and download and register with uphold. Collect there card sell your crypto to pounds and use the card like normal bank cards. You can even send cash to your bank since its not crypto you are sending

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 8:39am On Oct 29, 2023
justwise:

I was waiting for you to come and shout This is bullying! As you always do each I’m having arguments with anyone here. And you have proved me right.
I have a well-deserved response for you but will keep it as it's a holy day.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by inphoenix: 8:52am On Oct 29, 2023
Greenpeasants1:
Make I ask you

Na you be the police officer wey talk to the pikin without the mama ?

You know wetin dem discuss?

You never see when officer they reassure you meanwhile case dey happen for back

Na why home office dey always ask for more documents when people they apply for only dem and their child without the second parent to avoid cases like this especially if the person dey study.

People here say be careful, take the whole case serious, e better that way and it ends up being nothing than to say na tick box exercise when the case dey build for back

I don't have patience for stupid talks like this. The lady clearly narrated her circumstances and what transpired, and how the matter was resolved, but you lot are here creating scenarios in your head!!! No 2 circumstances are the same and hers was resolved in her favour. I have not said she should not be careful, all I have said is that she should not send her child back to Nigeria because social services were called!!!!

I am not responsible for your ignorance. You all have ignored every other thing I said and keep taking this "tick box" thing literally

I repeat again, from my personal experience, once police is called on ANY matter (i.e not only about staying home alone) involving a child, as a matter of practice, a social worker will be called to conduct a risk assessment, which is just a bunch of questions to determine if any further action is required. If no serious cause for concern is found, the matter dies there!!! (except another report is made of course) I was telling the lady not to be scared that a social worker was involved because it is standard practice and she needs not just ship her child off to Nigeria because of this incident, but you're here arguing "case dey build for back" as if you're the police officer or social worker in charge!!!

You people like arguing for the sake of it and refuse to pay attention to context. I don't ever speak on what I don't know, and it is sad that shallow minded, ignorant people like to run people's lives in this Youkay wey we all dey on top "dem say".

It's people like you who call police and social services on people because of a "hunch" - sad, bitter people!!! 🙄

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 9:02am On Oct 29, 2023
babajeje123:

I have a well-deserved response for you but will keep it as it's a holy day.

A well deserved response is waiting for you in return

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by BouharryArtikou: 9:07am On Oct 29, 2023
inphoenix:

I don't have patience for stupid talks like this. The lady clearly narrated her circumstances and what transpired, and how the matter was resolved, but you lot are here creating scenarios in your head!!! No 2 circumstances are the same and hers was resolved in her favour. I have not said she should not be careful, all I have said is that she should not send her child back to Nigeria because social services were called!!!!

I am not responsible for your ignorance. You all have ignored every other thing I said and keep taking this "tick box" thing literally

I repeat again, from my personal experience, once police is called on ANY matter (i.e not only about staying home alone) involving a child, as a matter of practice, a social worker will be called to conduct a risk assessment, which is just a bunch of questions to determine if any further action is required. If no serious cause for concern is found, the matter dies there!!! (except another report is made of course) I was telling the lady not to be scared that a social worker was involved because it is standard practice and she needs not just ship her child off to Nigeria because of this incident, but you're here arguing "case dey build for back" as if you're the police officer or social worker in charge!!!

You people like arguing for the sake of it and refuse to pay attention to context. I don't ever speak on what I don't know, and it is sad that shallow minded, ignorant people like to run people's lives in this Youkay wey we all dey on top "dem say".

It's people like you who call police and social services on people because of a "hunch" - sad, bitter people!!! 🙄

Take a chill pill.
Relax.
You are beginning to sound like the nuisance that you actually are not.

Rest.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 9:13am On Oct 29, 2023
justwise:

Some churches here even collect members January salaries in the name of First Fruit, I mean ALL your January salary and still collect tithes and offerings.

They turned Christianity into a religion of fear intimidation and manipulation.

We grew up believing a lot of nonsense from these dubious religious leaders and no one is allowed to ask questions.

Without fear, religion will cease to exist but people willingly give out tithe for reasons best known to them. I mean there's a UK Pastor wearing £30K LVs and £300K Patek wristwatches but people will still give the tithe. You really cant help someone who is being scammed until their eyes open, wake up and smell the coffee

I think everyone needs to watch this cartoon "Sausage Party". It's a subtle dig at religion and very funny grin -https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1700841/

To each his own, your money, your religion, your tithe

As for me sha, I have never paid tithe and I will never give any Pastorpreneur 1 Cent to goan use for Gucci shoes grin

Gucci sef go fit me na

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (553) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

Viewing this topic: Chreze(m), Joy83(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.