Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,387 members, 7,812,144 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (460070 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 12:27pm On Oct 29, 2023
Efftyy:

As a dependent that you are. I don’t expect you to work in a social settings that will pay you cheap. If you like being a Support worker, Register as a bank staff in NHS and earn 20 to 22pounds an hour weekly payment. or better still start preparation for CS card or look toward being a Construction worker. z
The earning is temporary,your later or future plan is the most important.
Look into getting more knowledge that can earn you more .
N:B Please look away from your wife earning and contribution for your own peace.

Shalom

Honestly I very much like this comment. As a dependant too, I believe there's more I can do with my life/time in this UK that would earn me more than any warehouse or support job would do...

You talked about CS card, some people also talked about Security badge etc... Is this the way to go? I don't want to waste this my "job freedom" being a dependant...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 12:28pm On Oct 29, 2023
Such early Sunday morning toxic behaviour. Live and let live abeg.

Abeg @solumtoya help us with the details of your mortgage, or shall I move this ask to the Mortgage thread? I’m interested abeg. When you say visa type, what factors helped or blocked you? What percentage were you asked to pay as down payment, does dual income matter or can a single income get a 3 bedroom? Help a brother with info.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 12:31pm On Oct 29, 2023
AgentXxx:
I hope it’s not that phishing text about HMRC saying you have a tax refund to be claimed cheesy

Did you authorize this transaction. Click this link to cancel transaction

That type of text message grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 12:33pm On Oct 29, 2023
amorprincesa:
Pastor Tobi doesn't fund his lifestyle through tithes. All that money from tithe? Nahhhh! Drugs maybe

You will be surprised how much people pay in tithes

Drug dealers, Yahoo boys etc pay tithes and "gift" Pastors stuff to be in their good books

Could also be drugs but I think he would have been caught since if it was drugs

I suspect money laundering + tithes wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by genkins(m): 12:33pm On Oct 29, 2023
rinzylee:

Haha.... It is the FOOL who thinks he can decide how i spend my money.

πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

Such FOOLISH FOLLY..

Please choke on.... ulcer calleth πŸ˜‚

cheesy grin

The preaching of the cross is FOOLISHNESS to them that aren't saved ,but to US, it is the power of God unto salvation grin grin

Don't worry...your children will pay tithe and e go shock you grin grin grin πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

That's how foolish people talk.if you ask them why they pay tithe..they will become angry and say things like..the things of the spirit are foolishness to the flesh.lol..if tithe is of the spirit,why is the payment physical?

My children cannot be that stupid.we left Nigeria so no chance for that kind of stupidity

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 12:34pm On Oct 29, 2023
justwise:

A lot of church goers who pay tithe does it out of ignorance of the scripture, some pay because they believe that God will bless them financially but there is no such thing.

This is it wink

...Especially the belief that God will bless them back financially

It's like staking 2 odds on Bet9ja

Who wants to pay should pay o, it is not my money cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 12:37pm On Oct 29, 2023
Luada:

Ok, nice write up. You are a trader your self, nice i know it not easy sometimes as a trader.

But, actually dont know what to say again.

But i still have to say something, if don't take a step you will never leave your current position/situation, soo take a step.

Thanks

Don't be desperate to say something and in the process offer what you think could alleviate his situation but in actual sense would be quite unrealistic and ambiguous and will most definitely amplify his current financial standing.

A couple of folks have given their take on what the way forward for him should be and they appear quite feasible.

He can proceed to explore trading in the future when he has sorted out his financial situation and is comfortable to do so.

Never traded and never would.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 12:38pm On Oct 29, 2023
genkins:

That's how foolish people talk.if you ask them why they pay tithe..they will become angry and say things like..the things of the spirit are foolishness to the flesh.lol..if tithe is of the spirit,why is the payment physical?

My children cannot be that stupid.we left Nigeria so no chance for that kind of stupidity

You know Jesus told Paul, "you can't kick against the prick and not get hurt" ... If tithing was a scam, it would have died a natural death. Like I said... I like the blindness and foolishness and ignorance. I will stay in it.

You think leaving Nigeria means anything?? πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚..

Your son will even answer the call of God.. just be watching πŸ˜‚

He will pay more than TITHE sef, He will give himself.

You go shock grin grin

God will not even consult you, He will ordain the lad for the work of ministry. Oh hallelujah πŸ˜‚

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by BouharryArtikou: 12:43pm On Oct 29, 2023
kwakudtraveller:
Such early Sunday morning toxic behaviour. Live and let live abeg.

Abeg @solumtoya help us with the details of your mortgage, or shall I move this ask to the Mortgage thread? I’m interested abeg. When you say visa type, what factors helped or blocked you? What percentage were you asked to pay as down payment, does dual income matter or can a single income get a 3 bedroom? Help a brother with info.

I want to co-beg too.
Please @Solumtoya, help us with this vital info. It will be very helpful.
Please, operate above the noise of these folk who have taken their toxicity & bitterness (of the Church) to this forum.

Someone once mentioned that there are certain person(s) on this thread who get mind blowing orgasms whenever they smell an opportunity to thrash the Church. Please ignore them and let’s bring this thread back to the sanity that Fatima004 envisaged when she started the thread.

Please I am interested too in learning the few things you e learned about mortgages.

@kwakudtraveller: please what is the mortgage thread you mentioned?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by genkins(m): 12:55pm On Oct 29, 2023
rinzylee:

You know Jesus told Paul, "you can't kick against the prick and not get hurt" ... If tithing was a scam, it would have died a natural death. Like I said... I like the blindness and foolishness and ignorance. I will stay in it.

You think leaving Nigeria means anything?? πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚..

Your son will even answer the call of God.. just be watching πŸ˜‚

He will pay more than TITHE sef, He will give himself.

You go shock grin grin

God will not even consult you, He will ordain the lad for the work of ministry. Oh hallelujah πŸ˜‚

If tithing is a scam,it would have died a natural death
It's shameful how some people reason.
Here abroad,nobody cares about your tithing.unless black African demented folks.
Your pastor has thoroughly brainwashed you.you need to travel out to understand that you are in religious chains.(how would u know that you are in chains when u now love your chains)I pity you bro.
Typing from the poverty capital of the world,the dark continent..eyya,keep paying bro..at the rate u are going,u won't even wake up at old age...eyyaa.

It's your pastor God should punish not you.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by seunoj: 12:57pm On Oct 29, 2023
hustla:

You will be surprised how much people pay in tithes

Drug dealers, Yahoo boys etc pay tithes and "gift" Pastors stuff to be in their good books

Could also be drugs but I think he would have been caught since if it was drugs

I suspect money laundering + tithes wink
Money laundering fit dey but…….. . If only you know the level of cash out in charity. Talking to ex-con and converting the street for useful endeavours is no small task
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:00pm On Oct 29, 2023
seunoj:

That guy is doing legit hustle. If only you know the level of cash out in charity. Talking to ex-con and converting the street for useful endeavours is no small task

Just dey play

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by seunoj: 1:05pm On Oct 29, 2023
hustla:

Just dey play

grin
So u think he will be doing that majorly and showing off and this govt never check am? Blackman for that matter.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 1:09pm On Oct 29, 2023
genkins:

Here abroad,nobody cares about your tithing.unless black African demented folks.
Your pastor has thoroughly brainwashed you.you need to travel out to understand that you are in religious chains.(how would u know that you are in chains when u now love your chains)I pity you bro.
Typing from the poverty capital of the world,the dark continent..eyya,keep paying bro..at the rate u are going,u won't even wake up at old age...eyyaa.

Haha.... you see.

You concluded I live in Naija πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

You think my definition of prosperity is material possessions? Nah...you are wrong.

Travelling has got nothing to do with obeying God.

I don't serve Man, I serve God and that has been from childhood.

I have accepted TITHING is a scam, oya leave me to be scammed in peace nah grin πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

We can have this arguments till 1 million years, it won't change anything.

I don't have any apologies to give you.

I am sure you are boiling in bitterness grin πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ and anger, while I am laughing my heart out.

We give because we love God and want to see His work prosper. We need no man to coerce us.

So enjoy your 3k or 5k pounds monthly and leave me to pay my small 200 or 300 pounds each month. I have not begged you for food, and I don't plan to.

I am a proud and happy tither grin πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:10pm On Oct 29, 2023
seunoj:

So u think he will be doing that majorly and showing off and this govt never check am? Blackman for that matter.

Impossible is nothing

HushPuppi lived large for several years before his time came
wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by BorisJohnson(f): 1:11pm On Oct 29, 2023
genkins:

Typing from the poverty capital of the world, the dark continent..eyya,keep paying bro..at the rate u are going,u won't even wake up at old age...eyyaa.

Brother. Calm down.
Is it not you that posted here couple of weeks ago about arriving the UK in September 2023?

Calm down. Use some of this spare time you have to browse Indeed or Totaljobs or CV Library or Reed.
Trust me, that is a better use of your time.

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by BorisJohnson(f): 1:13pm On Oct 29, 2023
genkins:

A loud mouthed fool happy to part with his money to Pentecostal fraudsters.

Izzit ya money?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 1:15pm On Oct 29, 2023
BouharryArtikou:

I want to co-beg too.
Please @Solumtoya, help us with this vital info. It will be very helpful.
Please, operate above the noise of these folk who have taken their toxicity & bitterness (of the Church) to this forum.

Someone once mentioned that there are certain person(s) on this thread who get mind blowing orgasms whenever they smell an opportunity to thrash the Church. Please ignore them and let’s bring this thread back to the sanity that Fatima004 envisaged when she started the thread.

Please I am interested too in learning the few things you e learned about mortgages.

@kwakudtraveller: please what is the mortgage thread you mentioned?

Oh, please you don't have to beg. I only just got my Mortgage offer so I have not concluded the process yet and I am still documenting my Lessons Learnt so once I finish the Mortgage process in a few weeks, I will share maybe not on this thread but will definitely share as the information will benefit everyone who intends to embark on a Mortgage journey.

This is the Mortgage thread he was referring to:

https://www.nairaland.com/7534564/living-uk-propertymortgage-related

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by BorisJohnson(f): 1:15pm On Oct 29, 2023
Please guys… let’s revert to the purpose of this thread.

Let’s discuss things that will help us, not all these useless and unwarranted religious bashing.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hayesconcept(m): 1:21pm On Oct 29, 2023
Gbasgbos everywhere for this group since yesterday. I beg if dey put someone’s on reserve list is it still possible to get the job?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 1:25pm On Oct 29, 2023
Viruses:

If you want to talk; talk. Stop trying to build anticipation. Make we beg you first abi make we make the mistake first?

Why's everyone so rude suddenly? Or everyone has been emboldened to show their rudeness? How am I building anticipation? I only got an offer and will share when I think I have all the details besides I'm not under obligation to give you the information so I don't understand why you quoting me to say this.

I think everyone just needs to calm down, we can do better here.

13 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by genkins(m): 1:28pm On Oct 29, 2023
BorisJohnson:

Brother. Calm down.
Is it not you that posted here couple of weeks ago about arriving the UK in September 2023?

Calm down. Use some of this spare time you have to browse Indeed or Totaljobs or CV Library or Reed.
Trust me, that is a better use of your time.
Yes,like 2 months now.i got a white collar for over 50k pounds.
How does that invalidate what I said about tithe?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by genkins(m): 1:29pm On Oct 29, 2023
rinzylee:

Haha.... you see.

You concluded I live in Naija πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

You think my definition of prosperity is material possessions? Nah...you are wrong.

Travelling has got nothing to do with obeying God.

I don't serve Man, I serve God and that has been from childhood.

I have accepted TITHING is a scam, oya leave me to be scammed in peace nah grin πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

We can have this arguments till 1 million years, it won't change anything.

I don't have any apologies to give you.

I am sure you are boiling in bitterness grin πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ and anger, while I am laughing my heart out.

We give because we love God and want to see His work prosper. We need no man to coerce us.

So enjoy your 3k or 5k pounds monthly and leave me to pay my small 200 or 300 pounds each month. I have not begged you for food, and I don't plan to.

I am a proud and happy tither grin πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

Now lets reason like we all went to school..why do you pay tithe?pls I need your reasons so I can know if u are still normal.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by BouharryArtikou: 1:30pm On Oct 29, 2023
Solumtoya:

Why's everyone so rude suddenly? Or everyone has been emboldened to show their rudeness? How am I building anticipation? I only got an offer and will share when I think I have all the details besides I'm not under obligation to give you the information so I don't understand why you quoting me to say this.

I think everyone just needs to calm down, we can do better here.

I honestly think Viruses was being cheeky, with no intention to be or sound rude. At least from their previous posts on this thread.
If that’s the case, I’m sure they will come & apologize.

But well, I may be wrong. I have seen how someone who used to be very cool & civil on the Visitor visa and the Tier- Student visa threads suddenly acted strangely today, on this thread. So…hey Ho
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 1:33pm On Oct 29, 2023
genkins:

Now lets reason like we all went to school..why do you pay tithe?pls I need your reasons so I can know if u are still normal.

Nah... there's no point.

Perhaps you are a first generation japa escapee from your lineage.. so let's keep our discussion at daggers drawn πŸ˜‚.

Your antics failed bro πŸ˜‰

Tithing na scam, so don't get involved my brother.

I pray never to wake up from the deciet πŸ˜‚ 😁

What do you want to reason with a mad man kwanα»₯? πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 1:35pm On Oct 29, 2023
seunoj:

Just wanted to highlight that he was checked by the govt, but looks like he's still around in various forms:

In June 2022, it was reported that SPAC Nation had been found insolvent following an investigation by the Insolvency Service and forced to shut down.[note 1] SPAC was deemed to have suspicious or incorrect accounting records, which failed to support its claims of donations or alleged expenditure.[12] SPAC was found to have submitted inconsistent information to both the Insolvency Service and the Charity Commission.[40]

Following the news, Pastor Tobi announced the formation of new church groups, the Freedxm church and the Influxnce church.[42][43][unreliable source?] Despite the 2022 insolvency, the church has also continued to operate using the NXTION Family name
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Phil46: 1:38pm On Oct 29, 2023
jedisco:

There is a route for teachers which is still fairly new. Might be worth exploring that before it becomes oversaturated. Initially coming over as a carer or for masters should make eventually getting on the teacher route easier.

Oh thank you so much. In other words, it's not so realistic to process it from Nigeria, right?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by BorisJohnson(f): 1:38pm On Oct 29, 2023
genkins:

Why is it paining you that someone is using his legally earned money to pay tithe?
Izzit your money?

Enjoy your Β£50k salary in peace.
Leave this tithe matter.

If your aim is to help/enlighten members of this thread, please, write a post about how you landed a 50k job within 6 weeks of arrival to the uk.
The insights you provide will be very useful. And posterity will remember you.

Stop over flogging this tithe matter.

Please help us with nuggets from your experience . Thank you.

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hyzich(m): 1:45pm On Oct 29, 2023
genkins:

Yes,like 2 months now.i got a white collar for over 50k pounds.
How does that invalidate what I said about tithe?

Oga calm down and see sense in what borisjohnson said and mind you we also have people that got over 70k jobs after few months in UK. I personally got an offer 2 months after I arrived close to the amount you quoted.

Attimes we do not need to quickly react but learn from people experiences. I hope this thread is not derailed tbh

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by genkins(m): 1:46pm On Oct 29, 2023
hyzich:

Oga calm down and see sense in what borisjohnson said and mind you we also have people that got over 70k jobs after few months in UK. I personally got an offer 2 months after I arrived close to the amount you quoted.

Attimes we do not need to quickly react but learn from people experiences. I hope this thread is not derailed tbh

I don't get you bro.is it about how much I earn or about a tithe argument that came up?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 1:47pm On Oct 29, 2023
Tomyusf141:
hello people,

I am desperately in need of your help. My student visa expires monday. My Nigerian Passport renewal biometrics was done a month ago (collection date according to them is 31/nov/23) I am trying to apply for my PSW now and it would'nt go through with my expired passport. has anyone been in this situation before? how did you deal with it or do I need to contact a lawyer. I do have proof of passport renewal application though.

There was this lady on this platform that noted that she went on to apply with her expired passport, but attached a letter/covering note in her application explaining herself and the status of her passport.

You can do same.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by genkins(m): 1:48pm On Oct 29, 2023
BorisJohnson:

Why is it paining you that someone is using his legally earned money to pay tithe?
Izzit your money?

Enjoy your Β£50k salary in peace.
Leave this tithe matter.

If your aim is to help/enlighten members of this thread, please, write a post about how you landed a 50k job within 6 weeks of arrival to the uk.
The insights you provide will be very useful. And posterity will remember you.

Stop over flogging this tithe matter.

Please help us with nuggets from your experience . Thank you.

It's not paining me.if u see someone paying money to a yahoo boy who promised him roi of 1000% ,won't you try to talk some sense into him?
How is it paining me that you are losing money to religion in foolishness?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (531) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Samguine, Gloriouscrown and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.