Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,204 members, 7,815,193 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (464177 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (536) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 3:11pm On Nov 08, 2023
You wan de do job round-tripping cheesy cheesy cheesy I believe once its a company in the same field as your skilled worker visa, then it might be possible but make we hear views cheesy

akanfe30:

Make curiosity no kee us both. Can I work 20hours supplementary job for a registered company owned by my wife ( my skilled worker visa dependant)?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Poanan: 3:25pm On Nov 08, 2023
Stoplying:

Rishi and Braverman are the two Indians I'm talking about.

Ok
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Poanan: 3:27pm On Nov 08, 2023
bigtt76:
Please I want to ask - were you given areas of your career for your referees to write in about you or what was the format?

No it is not open ended.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jhorjhor: 3:30pm On Nov 08, 2023
Thewritingnerd:
Me? Or duchess? I don’t know anything about home office jobs oh
It's not about the home office jobs. I realised you only just moved recently to the UK, was hoping I could get some job hunting pointers from you. I'm hoping to hit the ground running as regards student jobs haha
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 3:39pm On Nov 08, 2023
Congratulations!
Maureen4sure:
@semmyk

This is a shout-out to you again. Without your help, I'm not sure this would have been possible.

My family graduate visa was approved by the home office today. This couldn't have been possible without your help when all hope was lost.

Even when the care home I have been working with for a year as a relief worker disappointed me and said they could not give me COS.

Well, this same company is ready to offer me COS now that they know I had applied for a graduate visa. (gist for another day}

Just to input this,this goes out to large families applying for a graduate visa like mine (family of 5); it cost us £10,350.

Visa fees: £822, IHS for 2 years: £1,248 .

Please do everything possible to look for that money. If you apply with your partner without the children, your application will be put on hold until you send in the children's application.

I wish everyone all the best.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dduchess90(f): 3:48pm On Nov 08, 2023
Hello

Until it is published/updated, the status quo remains the same

Cheers

Efftyy:
Hello people of Great minds
Please I want to ask if there is a propose change to dependant of Skilled worker / Healthcare Visa .
I mean is there any update on condition to bring partner of Healthcare Visa holder to the UK?
Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by cbn4main: 4:18pm On Nov 08, 2023
Your case is very touching.

Did your wife switch to tier 2 after your course completion date as stated on your CAS?

Please, check your course end date on your CAS and confirm you all attempted to switch to tier 2 after the date.

florixi:
Dear people of God ,

Please,I need your input on how to contact the Home Office for an application within the UK on my situation.

My family and I applied to switch to a Tier 2 visa since August. My wife, who is the main applicant, got her visa early in October, while i and the children's visas are still not yet out. This is the 11th week of these applications. i am really worried because our Tier 4 had already expired in late October.

I have successfully completed my MSc, and i am supposed to start working full time now, but this delay is not helping as most of the work i demanding my share code.

I have called the HO, they only told me to send mail to the complaint, which I did two weeks ago. Still no feedback yet. This is really frustrating; what else can i do to address this? Has anyone experienced this before? I need the best advice, please. I am tired of checking my email.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 4:45pm On Nov 08, 2023
Yu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by tjsadiq(m): 4:46pm On Nov 08, 2023
Progressivegee:
Just thought to post this again. Open to all Working parents. No public funds or visa restrictions. Oga Rishi dalu o

You must have permission to access public fund to access the free 30hrs childcare

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by florixi: 5:15pm On Nov 08, 2023
cbn4main:
Your case is very touching.

Did your wife switch to tier 2 after your course completion date as stated on your CAS?

Please, check your course end date on your CAS and confirm you all attempted to switch to tier 2 after the date.

Yes, we applied to switch to a Tier 2 visa after the course completion date on my CAS. I contacted my university visa advice office and was told my studentship has no connection with my spouse-dependent visa application and that the home office has already been informed that I have completed my program. I know someone with a similar issue; I believe it is a backlog issue. I want to wait until Friday; if nothing happens, I will contact my MP as someone suggested here.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 5:27pm On Nov 08, 2023
Yt

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by cbn4main: 5:47pm On Nov 08, 2023
Ok.

florixi:

Yes, we applied to switch to a Tier 2 visa after the course completion date on my CAS. I contacted my university visa advice office and was told my studentship has no connection with my spouse-dependent visa application and that the home office has already been informed that I have completed my program. I know someone with a similar issue; I believe it is a backlog issue. I want to wait until Friday; if nothing happens, I will contact my MP as someone suggested here.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jhorjhor: 6:07pm On Nov 08, 2023
Thewritingnerd:
Oh okay.

- My advice from what worked for me is to not cross out a job because you seemingly don’t have the experience required for it. Instead, talk about how the experiences you have, from whatever prior field you worked in, can be transferred to the job you’re applying to. Any experience, even down to your NYSC experience! (You’ll usually get the chance to do this in a cover letter, that’s why I always attach a cover letter even when it’s optional. It’s my chance to put my best foot forward). This was how I got the customer support role that stated clearly that they wanted prior experience.

- Talk about why those experiences make you the best fit for the job. Even if they’re experiences you didn’t get in a formal job setting. (This is useful for when you clinch an interview or for jobs that ask non-generic application questions).

For instance, for one of the TA roles I got, it was in a Special Needs school, when they specifically asked if I had any experience working with autistic people, I told them while I don’t have formal in-job experience, I’ll like to cite an example from when I lived with my aunt and cared for my autistic nephew. (True story)

- For the one I stuck with, I positioned my NYSC experience (I was posted to a uni for nysc) as demonstrable experience of working with not just young people, but people even older than me. So I know how to balance different learning styles with the diverse learning needs of a class with diverse age groups.

- Long story short, don’t just talk abstractly, tie in real-life examples of what you did, how you did it and the outcome you got, to whatever you’re being asked.

Wow. I love how you took your time to highlight these points. Thanks so much
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 6:32pm On Nov 08, 2023
tjsadiq:

You must have permission to access public fund to access the free 30hrs childcare
This is heartbreaking for me. 😳🥲🥲🥲
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by MindOnMatters00(m): 7:25pm On Nov 08, 2023
donshaddow:

Nothing seen. Pls resend

Oh okay
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Progressivegee: 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2023
tjsadiq:

What you posted was the former rule. The rule has been updated to accommodate every working parent by 2024 and every parent by 2025 without restriction
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by SpicyMimi(f): 8:36pm On Nov 08, 2023
Help me click please, make I collect free gift from TEMU cry

Accept my invite & Get 3 freebies!
https://temu.com/u/N9BokfEyz5casbFv
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AvailableD(f): 9:26pm On Nov 08, 2023
Hello all,

I moved to UK with my family and its been over a month now, my employer said I will undergo a 2 months training, I want to ask and know if I can start doing extra 20hours in another care home or I should wait for my employer, I don't know if it will be a problem when applying for ILR.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Efftyy: 10:42pm On Nov 08, 2023
AvailableD:
Hello all,

I moved to UK with my family and its been over a month now, my employer said I will undergo a 2 months training, I want to ask and know if I can start doing extra 20hours in another care home or I should wait for my employer, I don't know if it will be a problem when applying for ILR.

2month training ? What kind of Job will require you to do 2months training. I hope the employer pays you salary during your waiting time . If not hmmmm

Work your 20hrs . You need to be active till your employer finish training you

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by BeckyB1(f): 10:50pm On Nov 08, 2023
My employer have nothing for me for over 3 months. I have been doing the 20 hours for over a month now.

But what kind of training will take 2 months?? They keep coming up with different time wasting strategies when they know they do not have jobs to offer.

AvailableD:
Hello all,

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dubaiprince: 11:57pm On Nov 08, 2023
florixi:

I can understand how you feel about the delay (it happens at times). I think on a norms, the turn around time for in-country tier 2 visa applications take about 8 weeks since you already complained, you need to give them 20 working days to respond. I am sure they will respond, don't be tempted to complain again as every new complain wipes out the initial one and the 20 working days start counting again.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AvailableD(f): 12:23am On Nov 09, 2023
I wonder too o, I will just look for the extra 20hrs and start..I'm just wondering if it won't affect me later by the time I'm applying for my ILR
Efftyy:

2month training ? What kind of Job will require you to do 2months training. I hope the employer pays you salary during your waiting time . If not hmmmm

Work your 20hrs . You need to be active till your employer finish training you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AvailableD(f): 12:25am On Nov 09, 2023
Thanks...nawa for all these agencies o
BeckyB1:
My employer have nothing for me for over 3 months. I have been doing the 20 hours for over a month now.

But what kind of training will take 2 months?? They keep coming up with different time wasting strategies when they know they do not have jobs to offer.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Fraih(f): 12:36am On Nov 09, 2023
koonbey:

EO is the grade. Like NHS has bands ...4,5,6..., etc, the civil service has AO, EO, SEO etc.

Within and among specific government departments, roles might be called different things even though they're on the same band.

So, yes, the DWP Job Coach roles are EO grade roles, but there might be other EOs within the DWP doing roles other than Job Coach.

Also, the policies regarding sponsorship are likely applicable to specific roles, not their banding per se. Just like the NHS might sponsor a band 3 healthcare assistant but not a band 3 secretary, the DWP and other departments may sponsor EO cybersecurity analysts but not Job Coaches. There's really no way to know unless you ask directly before or during the recruitment process, or you hear from someone with direct knowledge, like a previous applicant.
Oh I see. This did quite some justice.
Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 1:46am On Nov 09, 2023
Progressivegee:

What you posted was the former rule. The rule has been updated to accommodate every working parent by 2024 and every parent by 2025 without restriction

Not quite, the (not very detailed) guidelines that have been released state "eligible" working parents, so there will likely still be some restrictions such as a minimum number of working hours and possibly residency status.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by cbn4main: 2:52am On Nov 09, 2023
The case is a very touching one indeed. I pray God gives them the strength to endure it.

But normally, all things being equal, in-country switch takes around 2 weeks sha, even though the website says within 8 weeks. I got mine two days ago.

It will definitely be sorted very soon.

dubaiprince:

I can understand how you feel about the delay (it happens at times). I think on a norms, the turn around time for in-country tier 2 visa applications take about 8 weeks since you already complained, you need to give them 20 working days to respond. I am sure they will respond, don't be tempted to complain again as every new complain wipes out the initial one and the 20 working days start counting again.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Joy83(m): 5:02am On Nov 09, 2023
Have you seen now?
julli789:
Hello Manchester people who has a room to rent in their flat? I'm Very neat and organised🙏
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 8:15am On Nov 09, 2023
kwakudtraveller:

I’m a skilled dependant in finance and I’m currently earning £75k plus bonus. If you target 28k jobs that’s what you’ll earn and If you target 75k jobs and above and you are skilled, na wetin you go get.

Chief please I want to send a private message.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by cbn4main: 8:55am On Nov 09, 2023
Bro, do you have any piece of advise for a dependant skilled in Accounting and finance field looking for a job? The person has ACA(England and wales)
God bless you

kwakudtraveller:

I’m a skilled dependant in finance and I’m currently earning £75k plus bonus. If you target 28k jobs that’s what you’ll earn and If you target 75k jobs and above and you are skilled, na wetin you go get.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rayralph(m): 10:06am On Nov 09, 2023
mex551:
HMRC DONT SPONSOR VISA. I can tell you that 100% even though they have the licence. I don’t know about DWP

Funny how you’ll just jump on a post denying someone else lived experience.

HMRC definitely sponsors visa provided your role is on shortage list”

I’m saying this with evidence.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ayofemidara: 10:50am On Nov 09, 2023
AvailableD:
Hello all,

please does the 20hours has to be in a care home?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 12:16pm On Nov 09, 2023
koonbey:

There's no way to prove that she was deceiving him for over two years. She'd just say she loved him and then fell out of love and there's no way your friend can establish otherwise. The home office will not get into relationship he said she said unless there's manifest proof of fraud or other illegality. I don't think an MP will get involved in a domestic dispute like this either.

The only way forward is to initiate a divorce. If she's still on that dependant visa, it'll affect her. If she has shifted to another one, it won't.

Your friend needs to focus on untying himself from her, and be less preoccupied with revenge.

E don happen, e don happen. Way forward lo ku.

Only God knows how this ended... Alot of interesting stories on previous pages here mehn. I'm dedicating 2 hours daily to read previous pages now 😂

Plenty gbas gbos don happen for back sha...

The other story where the wife stopped paying bills focused on "15m"...

Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (536) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: fatima04, tlanry, Ibro99, Bb007 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.